Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day (85881 Views)

Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) / Photo Of Femi Otedola And His Mother Kissing On The Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Jadsy01(f): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2020
Femi Otedola wins Thisday Philanthropist of the decade award

Billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola, won the Philanthropist of the decade award (People's Choice) at the Thisday newspaper awards 2020 which held in Lagos on January 20th.

Recall that in November 2019, Otedola made major headlines when he donated a whooping, N5 billion to Save the Children foundation, the highest donation ever made by an individual to charity in Nigeria.

Otedola who attended the event in company of his daughter, DJ Cuppy, dedicated the award to the millions of children in the areas of conflict who have no food to eat or guaranteed a future.

[i]"I would love to dedicate this award to the millions of children out there who are in the areas of conflict, who have no food to eat, who are not guaranteed of the future. I pray to God Almighty that he would bring succour to these children and I want to also say a few things about the N5 billion I gave to Save the Children for the children of the North East.

When I sold one of my businesses, my majority shareholding in Forte oil, I woke up one day and I said to myself I am 57 years old and for me, the age for the departure lounge from this world is 85 so I now said I have only 28 years left. Out of the 28 years, of course I sleep 10 hours a day, so I said most likely if God permits me like our father Chief Adebanjo, I would have 12 years awake. I said Okay and then called my CFO, she said Sir, you have sold the business, one of the arms of the business, in 5 months you have N5 billion interest. I said okay, we will give it to charity.

She looked at me Sir and was like what did you say? I now had a meeting with my family. I think one of my children said to me 'Papa you are giving out our inheritance''. I said I have done my best for you kids, giving you the best education, so you go run with that.

I thank you very much'' [/i]he said.

Watch a video from his acceptance speech below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYMy-32kLY

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/1/femi-otedola-wins-thisday-philanthropist-of-the-decade-award-photovideo-2.html

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by clevvermind(m): 11:51am On Jan 23, 2020
work but also remember to play. only working is not good.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by dayveed1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
Tbh, there's no manual for prosperity. Sleep if you won sleep. Person wey go poor go still poor. hustle smart and pray.

602 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by tydi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
grin

A little sleep a little slumber, poverty overtakes you.. Even our CREATOR no dey sleep make Satan no carry him world play football

So I still have like 50 +years to myself to flex before "departure lounge" like he said..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by deolurexy1(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Liar, son of a rich man

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Slawormir: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
nwanneni:
After building a network,money starts to come easily.
You can even sleep 12hours a day and cash will still be rolling in.
The hardest is the beginning and mid phase.
So make una spare us the sleep time stories. undecided
Damnnnnn niggarrr
You are a real niggarrr
Na the beginning of huzzling and mid phase na im wahalar dey. Once you don master the huzzle to conquer the struggle at the beginning then your money go dey grow like grass and you fit start to dey sleep for many hours. But in the beginning nor try sleep for too long if not you go stay broke for too long
And also try not to always work hard but also huzzle smart

At this beginning ehnnn. Me nor dey sleep at all. You see the pictures below. Na my huzzling ground be that(santum)
Once i enter this my santum ( inner room in the house where you huzzle only) i nor dey sleep all night. As i dey huzzle na so the weed dey burn and and i dey follow up with alcohol steadily
May we not stay broke for too long

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Onlinealaba(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
To function properly , you have to sleep adequately but notwithstanding in the early years of grind/hustle if you are given to much sleep poverty will barge in says the wise man
We sell Smart TVs

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by qualityovenbake(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Think Big.
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by bewla(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
am
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Oyiboman69: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thank god for am
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by DEHVEHLOP(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Richest black man in the world = Hausa

Another Richest man in the world = Yorùbá

Another one (Mike Adenuga) = Yorùbá

And so on and so on...

The people who wanted Nigeria destabilize = Ojuku

Another one = Nnamdi Kanu

Biggest skull harvesting shrine = Okija

Only terribly sacked governor in the world = Imo

Oya you guys should read it yourself...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by MrImole: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Fear God now.

Continue...

1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Hotfella(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by MarkT30: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Karma. Do thesame to all

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Azeh(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Wow ....and some of us sleep 14hours a day
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Bigflamie(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Audio charity.

Y'all should stop deceiving the masses

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by hopefulLandlord: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Charity doesn't work, don't let all these figures thrown around in charity deceive you.

13 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by crownwealth: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ok. Next?
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by YoungLionken(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
These are the kind of people I respect...

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Elukapendragon(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
When u have money...

You become a Motivational Speaker automatically

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Innocentchild(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by chiefolododo(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
I will comment later
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by officialfestus(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
After building a network,money starts to come easily.
You can even sleep 12hours a day and cash will still be rolling in.
The hardest is the beginning and mid phase.
So make una spare us the sleep time stories. undecided

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Realdeals(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
My belief too
I think one of my children said to me 'Papa you are giving out our inheritance''. I said I have done my best for you kids, giving you the best education, so you go run with that.

I sleep nicely too, I don't believe in those rubbish analysis about sleeping one quarter of life by sleeping 7hrs daily, good sleeping rejuvenates the mind and body.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Zico5(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
I'm getting there soon. God help me Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by olaolulazio(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
If I'm having 5billion interest every 5 months, I will sleep for 15hours self.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Youngzedd(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
in 5 months you have N5 billion interest.

9 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by qanda: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Interesting
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by SultanOfPuna: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dse
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Supergirl19: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
Nice gesture from him
Re: Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day by Wrecxman(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
Cool stuff.

I haven't slept that long in a while. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home / Forex, Foreign stocks and indices Traders Research Room/Lab -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.