Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,497 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? (3100 Views)

The Fables They Fed Us With / Funny Nigerian Fables / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by shadrach77: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
back in the days in the 80s, there were these stories that always tend to spread around like wildfire and one wouldn't know if they were real or fictitious. There was one about a lady who killed her boyfriend and while she was driving, she stopped to pick a passenger only to discover that the passenger had pins as his teeth, then out of fear, she told the man to drop. Apparently the man was the ghost of her late boyfriend - then as she stopped again few minutes later to pick another passenger, she started relating what occured to her previously and the man suddenly opened his teeth saying "like this?!" and the lady froze to death in fear.

There was another story about Ajayi the tailor - a tailor in Akure who used his girlfriend for money making ritual and made love to the lady in a burial ground - thereafter, the lady started getting thinner by the day until she gave up the ghost.

did anybody hear these stories? have you got more stories like this to share?
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2010
shadrach77:

back in the days in the 80s, there were these stories that always tend to spread around like wildfire and one wouldn't know if they were real or fictitious. There was one about a lady who killed her boyfriend and while she was driving, she stopped to pick a passenger only to discover that the passenger had pins as his teeth, then out of fear, she told the man to drop. Apparently the man was the ghost of her late boyfriend - then as she stopped again few minutes later to pick another passenger, she started relating what occured to her previously and the man suddenly opened his teeth saying "like this?!" and the lady froze to death in fear.

There was another story about Ajayi the tailor - a tailor in Akure who used his girlfriend for money making ritual and made love to the lady in a burial ground - thereafter, the lady started getting thinner by the day until she gave up the ghost.

I heard this story too grin

Lol cheesy

I'm curious, did you by any chance grow up in benin? undecided
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by zayhal(f): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2010
Willy willy
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by birdman(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2010
I've never heard the Ajayi one. Probably a good thing too.
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by shadrach77: 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2010
@ ujujoan - no i never stayed in benin. i stayed in ibadan - why do you ask?
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by Ndipe(m): 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2010
shadrach77:

I read about the Ajayi story, but she came out to deny it, and some journalist wondered if the girl was suffering from HIV. remember that's when the AIDS story was beginning to make news in the country. Na dem alone know the truth.
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by Ayarabiasa: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
I grew up in Akure and my dad was a journalist with OSRC at that time,so I remember the story.

The girl friend was dark-complexioned, gaunt and was about 5.10 feet.
Ajayi the Taylor light skinned and looked comfortable but not plumpy.

Horrible story then.
Re: Fables From The Past - Has Anybody Heard These Stories? by warlordd(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
I heard about Ajayi the tailor's case because I saw on NTA then. I was quite young then but I remember that case got the attention of the Deji of Akure and the lady involved was called Bose.

(1) (Reply)

Incredible– Confusion As Witches Fall From Sky In Harare (photos) / Yoruba Translation Plssssssss / Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.