Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police (25687 Views)

Court Admits Electoral Documents Tendered By LP, Obi - Punch.ng / INEC Rejects Certified True Copies Of Documents Tendered By Atiku, PDP / Okorocha's Aide Shot By Uzodinma's Security Personnel (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2020
Staro:

TANKO is a disgrace to
Nigeria's judiciary

read that post properly before u start exhibiting your ignorance and start wailing around on this forum.
Uzodinmma evidences were much credible as even his rival Emeka couldn't disprove them cos it was pretty obvious, hence Justice was served and the rightful winner was declared the governor.
you could even see the way Emeka Ihedioha started when he was sworn in, instead of him to face the underdeveloped state of Imo, he began attacking and fighting his predecessors. That shows him to be an arrogant soul that wouldn't mean good to the people of IMO state

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Abalado(f): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2020
All I know is that God won't forgive APC and this so call Supreme Court judges, I know is really paining them that they have no say or any government in SE,they always rented an hotel anytime they have functions or activities to do in South East,now they have penetrated through IMO state, but it won't work as God liveth,IMO state tax payers will be used to sponsored APC programs in d south east, I know IMO people can never voted for APC with what Buhari is doing to igbo people with his maginality
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2020
What a judgement! Number 4 is now the best.
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by shosky1794: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2020
The problem with our youths is reading and comprehension.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2020
27Pushing30:

Damn! You’re stupid!!!

Ok let me put it this way dummy!

We are in secondary school I report you to the class teacher that you were exchanging love letter with some chick in the class.

The ONUS is on me to present EVIDENCE that “you were exchanging love letters” when I PRESENT THE LOVE LETTERS , the onus then falls on you to prove the letters did not emanate from you if you cannot disprove the letter then you’re termed guilty

Sometimes I wonder who to blame for the epidemic stupidity you guys confidently display!

he is right.The onus should be on Uzodimma and the police to prove the legality of their documents and not the other way round.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by helinues: 8:16am On Jan 24, 2020
Adakadabra
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by 27Pushing30: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2020
Maxymilliano:

INEC disprove the mutilated results because it fell short of expectations.

Least the Supreme Court could have done for justice to prevail was to have ordered a rerun.

Same scenario happened in Akwa ibom where Akpabio bandied mutilated results from Essien Udim LGA, claiming to have scored 60,000 votes. It took the bravery of the REC, Mike Igini to disprove the false results and ordered a rerun
Smh how did INEC disprove them in court? When you just read that INEC offered no EVIDENCE to back up their verbal claim?

Why not just visit a courtroom once in a while to observe court processes? Or ask lawyers about court process or even attend moot courts in law faculties (if you’re a student)

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Biafrarep(m): 8:17am On Jan 24, 2020
sweerychick:
let me categorically tell you that Tanko supreme Court has just opened the Pandora's box. No need for Inec to conduct elections anymore, just prepare your results yourself and prove it in court. With time you will remember this thing I told you.
Even the face of the Inec officials sums it up
Exactly, that woman's face speaks volumes. She is ashamed to be presenting the certificate to him because she is 100% sure the whole arrangement is fraudulent.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Sunnycliff(m): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2020
socialmediaman:
Hahahaha “the respondents failed to prove that fake documents tendered were fake”

Onus is no longer on the people presenting fake documents to prove that such records existed in the original results presented by the electoral body

Nigeria we hail thee...

Its okay, we know you’ve fulfilled your mission as CJN. Next...

Same documents related to the server of Atiku which Supreme Court didn't tell APC or INEC to disprove but disproved it on the behalf of APC.

We can see the Shariah CJN at work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by shosky1794: 8:20am On Jan 24, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

he is right.The onus should be on Uzodimma and the police to prove the legality of their documents and not the other way round.

Even after the documents being 'duplicate original'. We should read a lot and comprehend before coming to social media to make uninformed comments

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by tstx(m): 8:20am On Jan 24, 2020
We know why
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by OlujobaSamuel: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2020
socialmediaman:
Hahahaha “the respondents failed to prove that fake documents tendered were fake”

Onus is no longer on the people presenting fake documents to prove that such records existed in the original results presented by the electoral body

Nigeria we hail thee...

All parties have a copy of the result, INEC should have presented the original copy to disprove it, while PDP should have presented their copy from those polling units to disprove or established that there was violence and other vices that prevented other parties, including itself to have a copy of the result.
Probably, INEC deliberately didn't put up any serious fight in court, while PDP team wasn't diligent enough

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Kashif(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2020
Just the same way they admitted to erring in Amechi's guber case, they will admit to this dumb judgement soon some day!

Shame on them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Kashif(m): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

read that post properly before u start exhibiting your ignorance and start wailing around on this forum.
Uzodinmma evidences were much credible as even his rival Emeka couldn't disprove them cos it was pretty obvious, hence Justice was served and the rightful winner was declared the governor.
you could even see the way Emeka Ihedioha started when he was sworn in, instead of him to face the underdeveloped state of Imo, he began attacking and fighting his predecessors. That shows him to be an arrogant soul that wouldn't mean good to the people of IMO state

And in the end, the total vote exceeded the accredited voters?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by shosky1794: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2020
For those of arguing blindly, get the meaning of the term 'duplicate original' first.

"Duplicate original means an exact copy with signatures created by the same impression as the original, or an exact copy bearing an original signature, or in the case of an electronic transaction, an electronic version with electronic signatures."

What else do you want the Appellant to prove again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by rottennaija(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2020
Sunnycliff:

Same documents related to the server of Atiku which Supreme Court didn't tell APC or INEC to disprove but disproved it on the behalf of APC.

We can see the Shariah CJN at work

Then you didn't follow the proceedings. APC lawyers disproved the the fake server results presented by Atiku. They even cross examined the supposed professional who admitted he had no qualifications to be called a professional

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:29am On Jan 24, 2020
Esseite:
INEC which conducted the election said the result is fake with evidence, but the supreme court which had no business in the election said it's not fake and the evidence submitted would not stand even with votes count more than accredited voters...

Supreme ice-cream indeed.

The courts does not deal with mere statements or allegations but sufficient proof.did inec tender any proof to counter that of apc? Please be careful

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by frankson1(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2020
socialmediaman:

So if you’re challenging the results produced by the electoral body, the onus is no longer on you to prove that your fake results are real abi?

But the onus goes back to you if you were challenging Buhari’s election at the court abi?

It’s well

People don't still understand the Supreme Court's simple and clear explanations.
You can't go to court without evidences.

For those saying the Police man should not have been the person to submit the materials are getting it wrong. The fact is this, anyone can submit evidence in court as long as it is admissible and it doesn't matter how the evidence was obtained even if it was through ILLEGAL means so long you did not violate any person's right while obtaining an evidence.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:30am On Jan 24, 2020
Kashif:

And in the end, the total vote exceeded the accredited voters?

That is not the businesz of the courg
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Kennitrust(m): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2020
There is scam in every sectors in Nigeria

Just that only those with less privilege suffer the consequences of scam.
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:31am On Jan 24, 2020
27Pushing30:

Damn! You’re stupid!!!

Ok let me put it this way dummy!

We are in secondary school I report you to the class teacher that you were exchanging love letter with some chick in the class.

The ONUS is on me to present EVIDENCE that “you were exchanging love letters” when I PRESENT THE LOVE LETTERS , the onus then falls on you to prove the letters did not emanate from you if you cannot disprove the letter then you’re termed guilty

Sometimes I wonder who to blame for the epidemic stupidity you guys confidently display!
I explained this severally.most of them are moved by blind hate and needless sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Yes,they proved it sufficiently.why didnt inec disprove it

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by EagleNest(m): 8:32am On Jan 24, 2020
Judicial coup happened in Imo State. It is unexplainable even by Tanko himself.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by celeiyke: 8:34am On Jan 24, 2020
The Supreme court under Tanko is a scam. BTW I forgot the entire 3 arms of government are headed by Buhari and his brothers
Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2020
Kashif:
Just the same way they admitted to erring in Amechi's guber case, they will admit to this dumb judgement soon some day!

Shame on them!
They never erred in amaechi's case,it was a fine judgment.they only said they will make minor adjustment that anybody who who did not take part in both primariez and main polls won't be declared winner.by the way,what is the error in amaechi judgment? That omehia who didnt take part in the primaries should become governor or that parties should substitute candidates at will?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by Blindersoff: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2020
socialmediaman:

Nigeria we hail thee...

Have some sense pls.

Uzodinmas counsel presented the documents as true copies of the original. Inec called it fake and forged thus the onus is now on the one who called it fake and forged to prove their claim by producing the ORIGINAL copies.

They however could not and this then rendered the documents true copies indeed.

Uzodinmas counsel did not need to prove anything

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by 27Pushing30: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Lol

I’m not even a lawyer but thanks to Education I can’t be easily missiled by ANYBODY

Google the Evidence act and on the document search for (CNTRL F) primary and secondary documentary evidence

See the picture below feel free to zoom in , it clearly states secondary evidence (A secondary evidence is a copy of an original -primary evidence ) can be admitted when it is shown or appears to be in the power or possession the person against whom the document is sought to be proved ... INEC are a respondent in all electoral cases thus Uzodinma’s document is admissible.

Question is why couldn’t INEC disprove it...

see ehn you guys need to improve your reasoning skills.

The Supreme Court staTed iNEC failed to produce any evidence to the contrary

Smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by garfield1: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2020
celeiyke:
The Supreme court under Tanko is a scam. BTW I forgot the entire 3 arms of government are headed by Buhari and his brothers
Your lucky am not a mod.stop making careless statements.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by frowland(m): 8:37am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
truthfulparrot:
My take is that INEC deliberately refused to provide strong evidence to prove that the results were fake in order to pave way for the embarrassing judgement by the supreme court..

The desperation of the Supreme court to give IMO state back to APC is a pointer to the fact that the North is not ready to relinquish power in 2023. Instead they are strategizing to form alliance with the South East in 2023. They will dangle the carrot of VP to Southeast who will be willing to take anything to spite the Southwest.

The Southwest Politicians are not sleeping, they came up with Amotekun in preparation for 2023. The North Strategists are aware of the politics behind Amotekun that is why they are crying foul.

There are difficult times ahead.........Things are falling apart!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court: Why We Accepted Materials Tendered By Uzodinma, Police by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:37am On Jan 24, 2020
garfield1:

Yes,they proved it sufficiently.why didnt inec disprove it

how exactly did they prove it?Just by tendering it in court? Are you fucking kidding me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebonyi Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu In Abakaliki (Video) / Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike / Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.