Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried (25681 Views)

Police Declares Senator Misau Wanted, Says He Is Still In Force / Taraba Tribunal Should Have Ordered For A Rerun Election: Mike Ozekhome( Photo) / Tribunal Upholds Dino Melaye’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by dadaojames(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Friday set aside the decision of the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal in Kogi which struck out the petition of Sen. Smart Adeyemi.

Adeyemi of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had challenged the election of Sen. Dino Melaye of All Progressives Congress (APC), alleging electoral irregularities and malpractices.

Justice Muhammed Adume held that the tribunal was wrong in striking out Adeyemi’s petition on the grounds of technicalities, instead of substantial justice.

The appellate court, therefore, remitted the case to the tribunal for “trial on merit’’.

The court further held that the decision of the tribunal that Adeyemi did not file his petition within the time frame allowed by law was wrong and nullified it forthwith.

Adume said the respondents did not provide sufficient evidence before the tribunal that the petition was filed late.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the tribunal had dismissed the petition of Adeyemi, a one-time National President, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) for late filing.

The tribunal Chairman, Justice Akon Ikpeme, had in the ruling of June 18, held that the Kogi West ex-Senator’s case was “incurably defective’’.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/31/appeals-court-declares-senator-dino-melayes-election-tribunal-should-be-re-tried

7 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Eeser: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Let justice prevail. Dino will be on his own If he thinks that the president will intercede with the judiciary on his behalf.
Meanwhile, did I hear that he is renovating a 6.5million dollar house in Abj?
Dedicate this FTC to my friend Honeydear.

5 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by nnachukz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Once the judge receives his share of good money this case will be thrown into the trash can.

3 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by PassingShot(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Is there any difference between the two? Both are not worthy of being a senator. But then what can we do?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by kokoA(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hehe. Tinibu, Akande, Lai and co will be somewhere dancing shakitibobo now grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by midolian(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dino is a lucky man. I guess there may be no need for multi-tasking in the long-run(if the tribunal throws him out). He ll do very well as Toyin Saraki's bodyguard(only) grin

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by SaiBuharii: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
I was for Melaye. But the guy has started fumbling. I throw my weight behind Smart Adeyemi.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
chai!!!!!!
Upon all this Bodyguard work wey he do for saraki's wife.

Diaris God ooo
Diaris God ooo

Anyways...... shey na he always dey talk say "No vex Na God"

Make he no vex too.... Na God

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by IYANGBALI: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
maybe if dem sack am him body go cool down small

16 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by ijbeauty(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Worefa.....

Just here to read comments.

1 Like

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by alrahmanonline(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Idiot melaye, make him dey saraki wife like dummy dis tym wey water don pass garri

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by demolaprof(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
I'm watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Cadamlk: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good for him.

2 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by agbalej(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
I hope at the end of the day, justice is seen to have been manifestly done.

1 Like

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Consultville(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
this is serious
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by easyfem(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
ghen ghen
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by teabully(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
up buhari
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by baby124: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
One chance
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dino melaye and his troubles....

Click here for daily lols
[url]gag247.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jagaban Borgu

7 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by seedorfg(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Iyen na nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by richidinho(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tinubu I dey see you ooo shocked shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by sternrichard(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by bettercreature(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
I don't know when you guys are going to realise how powerful Tinubu is,wait and see how DIno Malaye will be kick out of politics

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by clefstone(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, I urge you to brace yourself, for the years to come are indeed going to be full of dark days. We are already seeing how the present government intends to use it's powers to hunt those that they perceive as enemies. People will go down, alliances will break, but expect some to fight back. And these events will turn the nation on it's head when revolutionaries/seccessionists take advantage of the resultant chaos.
Mr. Buhari aka Daura Dull.ard isn't the smartest of men, he doesn't understand diplomacy, for that reason his regime is going to do some things that will trigger Nigeria to it's destined end - DISINTEGRATION.

#I am not an igbo man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Naija
court is rulling
another is unruling
d forces are now working sha,an arm factory was discovered at Kaduna yesterday sef http://yesreport..com/2015/07/police-discovers-illegal-arms-factory.html
Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by Anikulhapo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dino Melaye Will Be D First Senator In This Current Senate To Be Thrown Out.

12 Likes

Re: Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried by crispberry(f): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
Lobatan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Camps “Wiped Out” – Nigerian Military / El-rufai Was Welcomed In Kagarko LGA By Crowd (Photos). / Abiola Ajimobi For Oyo South Senatorial District 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.