Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters (20674 Views)

Blackout In Lagos As Ikeja Electric Announces Power Upgrade / Prototype Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Rail In Map / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Iamdboss: 6:50am On Jan 25, 2020
It's saddening how things turns out in ds country... The problem is not the increase in VAT, the real problem is not getting the desired results. ...
Wait till February to see how the prices of things will escalate.... Because of wetin? Minimum wage wey most governor neva agree to pay?
FG nah real devil we go give u #1 and collect #1000000 back from u....
Meanwhile the moment of Truth awaits our dear corpers... #19.8k or #30k....

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by daddytime(m): 6:59am On Jan 25, 2020
I hope the increment is by 2.5%.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by darediamond(m): 7:03am On Jan 25, 2020
250W 30VDC Monocrystaline 5BusBar Solar Panel is ccurrently #40,000 at NexGen Energy in Ibadan.

Buy 2 of this powerful panels, one 1kilowatt pure wine wave inverter, 1 MPPT Controller and 8pieces of Mercury18Ah 12V Deep Cycle Batteries and you will Totally Forget about Nigeria Government Controlled Electric Power Providers.

You only between #100K and #250K depending on your Power level needs.
****You Can be buying the parts gradually if you do not have the whole fund to cover the whole parts at once****

Stop ALLOWING PRIVATE FAMILIES TO CONTROL YOUR LIFE.

BE A TRULY SMART NIGERIAN.

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Which right ikeja electricity company have to hike price on the national monument.

following the recent increase in Value Added Tax (VAT) introduced by the federal government,

MY PEOPLE NOTE THE JINGLE ABOVE UNA GO HEAR AM TIRE THIS YEAR!

APC BUHARI GOVERNMENT IS A CURSE
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Keziehenry(m): 7:06am On Jan 25, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Which right ikeja electricity company have to hike price on the national monument.
direct your question to your buhari. awon werey
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by LadySwitz: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

following the recent increase in Value Added Tax (VAT) introduced by the federal government,

MY PEOPLE NOTE THE JINGLE ABOVE UNA GO HEAR AM TIRE THIS YEAR!

APC BUHARI GOVERNMENT IS A CURSE

Something that has been jinglized since early this month...see below by D. Pizza.

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by LadySwitz: 7:11am On Jan 25, 2020
daddytime:
I hope the increment is by 2.5%.

VAT 7.5%
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by daddytime(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2020
LadySwitz:

VAT 7.5%

The vat was increased from 5% - 7.5% so, it is only reasonable that the latest increment shouldn't exceed this difference in the vat increase if we are to believe their explanation for the increment.

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 25, 2020
LadySwitz:
It's not about just reviewing price up and down. Are the metres available for consumers? As in, pay and get...or is it that you pay and wait forever for the meter you've paid for?

This is a reoccurrent madness in most Discos.

How many of you here have paid for metres and are still waiting?

I am about to pay 4 mine these week, got d teller last week, don't mind dem its policy like these companies quickly comply, they wil be as restless as chicken on heat b4 feb1 buh let reverse be the case a reduction, we are yet to recieve directives or we did not hear will be the excuse of the day.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Viking007(m): 7:20am On Jan 25, 2020
It's almost the same with what AEDC charges. I paid approximately N40,000 for a single phase meter.

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Viking007(m): 7:21am On Jan 25, 2020
LadySwitz:
It's not about just reviewing price up and down. Are the metres available for consumers? As in, pay and get...or is it that you pay and wait forever for the meter you've paid for?

cheesy I got my meter after 3 months.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by bluefilm: 7:24am On Jan 25, 2020
vivalavida:

And reduced disposable income by the populace.
How many people will agree to fork out 72k now for prepaid meter?
Meaning we willstill be stuck in the era of estimated billings and all the shady practices that go with it.

Why do people need to pay for the meters?

My own prepaid meter was brought to my house and installed for me by the electricity officials free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by DaBullIT(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2020
Over 3 years , they kept bringing larger bills, then i stopped paying

i heard the meter was supposed to be free, that was voicemail

heard FG imported small ones to be redistributed to those who have paid , that one too voicemail

LadySwitz:

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Temian1: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Are you a student or working class

Get more than 10,000naira Free loan today and return after 1month or 2month start up a business with our loan

http://loan.palmshare.com/register/
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by sleeknaija(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Everything is just going high....the masses are really suffering......this next level co easy oh

My dear ko easy at all... Buhari is really making things hard for a Common man angry

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by donkarmal(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Welcome to the Next Level 9ja. Nigeria government is ready to milk the citizens dry at all cost.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by LadySwitz: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2020
daddytime:

The vat was increased from 5% - 7.5% so, it is only reasonable that the latest increment shouldn't exceed this difference in the vat increase if we are to believe their explanation for the increment.

I think they took that into consideration. Well applied. Three phase meter used to be 70k...i dunno about d one phase meter.

In fact Nepa officials will tell u that the one phase meter is unavailable (purposely). So u have no choice than to go for the three phase. I think that's where there profit lies.

Thieves on poles!

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by EmperorKpee(m): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2020
This VAT increase is an imperfectly timed misplaced priority. It's going to end up increasing poverty rate. Wow

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by sleeknaija(m): 7:31am On Jan 25, 2020
ericsmith:

I am about to pay 4 mine these week, got d teller last week, don't mind dem its policy like these companies quickly comply, they wil be as restless as chicken on heat b4 feb1 buh let reverse be the case a reduction, we are yet to recieve directives or we did not hear will be the excuse of the day.

Lolzzzz grin... That ur last statement is very funny but true
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Mrviktor(m): 7:32am On Jan 25, 2020
Iamdboss:
It's saddening how things turns out in ds country... The problem is not the increase in VAT, the real problem is not getting the desired results. ...
Wait till February to see how the prices of things will escalate.... Because of wetin? Minimum wage wey most governor neva agree to pay?
FG nah real devil we go give u #1 and collect #1000000 back from u....
Meanwhile the moment of Truth awaits our dear corpers... #19.8k or #30k....

I've been waiting for this moment of truth mehn..
It's now or never.
If 30k no come am done.. I give up on it
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by daddytime(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2020
LadySwitz:

I think they took that into consideration. Well applied. Three phase meter used to be 70k...i dunno about d one phase meter.

In fact Nepa officials will tell u that the one phase meter is unavailable (purposely). So u have no choice than to go for the three phase. I think that's where there profit lies.

Thieves on poles!

Polish thieves for real
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by oldman112(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2020
I laugh at this new development, me that has my dogs inside the compound and my line can only be disconnected from inside. What you enjoy when you have military man as neighbor.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by miqos02(m): 7:46am On Jan 25, 2020
Lol
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Bloody thief i gave done everything but i have not seen meter yesterday We are so corrupt in this country
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by sirusX(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2020
bluefilm:

Why do people need to pay for the meters?

My own prepaid meter was brought to my house and installed for me by the electricity officials free of charge.

I'm guessing you got your meter a long time ago when prepaid meters first came out and they started installation. The mandate was to go street to street and replace all meters at no cost to individual.

After a while, they stopped giving people for free and started claiming it's finished....only to come again and attach a price to it.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by bluefilm: 8:33am On Jan 25, 2020
sirusX:

I'm guessing you got your meter a long time ago when prepaid meters first came out and they started installation. The mandate was to go street to street and replace all meters at no cost to individual.

After a while, they stopped giving people for free and started claiming it's finished....only to come again and attach a price to it.

Nigeria sef.

Exploiting the people through any available means happens to be our only idea of creativity.

Nonsense. undecided

1 Like

Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by omobs(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Viking007:
It's almost the same with what AEDC charges. I paid approximately N40,000 for a single phase meter.
do you stay in Abuja boss?
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Reference(m): 9:17am On Jan 25, 2020
Hmmm.... system collapse gets more expensive to purchase by the day... until Nigerians become more intelligent in their thinking and cerebral in thrir actions...
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Onlineclothing(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Nigeria Government I hail thee
Check bio to order clothing trousers as low as 1500
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by Viking007(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2020
omobs:

do you stay in Abuja boss?
Yes I do.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by mechanics(m): 9:52am On Jan 25, 2020
Use of MAP meters is the best.
Re: VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters by mikkywebs(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2020
What's the evidence?
MrPresident1:
Buhari's sacrifice saved 120m lives

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: Banks To Rebuild Burnt Police Stations / What We Discussed With Buhari — Saraki, Dogara / 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.