Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 (5526 Views)

Expert Car Compare: Toyota Camry Vs Corolla / Toyota Corolla 2007 Vs Corolla Altis 2007 / [expert Car Comparison] Camry Vs Corolla, Which Used Car Should You Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2020
Hi fellas,

I am about making purchase of my first car and would love your honest advise for the choice of first car based on an income line of 100k monthly. (I can't come and kill my sef with Benz and it's maintenance)

I need an affordable, strong, reliable and efficient car.

So please which is the right choice for me.

Thank you good people!
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
Car gurus abeg o

Please come in here.

Thank you
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Themandalorian: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ugmama:
Hi fellas,

I am about making purchase of my first car and would love your honest advise for the choice of first car based on an income line of 100k monthly. (I can't come and kill my sef with Benz and it's maintenance)

I need an affordable, strong, reliable and efficient car.

So please which is the right choice for me.

Thank you good people!
With 100k monthly you can go for something more luxurious like a Lexus but since you want either a corolla or a Camry, I'd say you go for the corolla, Its more affordable than the Camry, More stronger definitely reliable too. So go for it.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

With 100k monthly you can go for something more luxurious like a Lexus but since you want either a corolla or a Camry, I'd say you go for the corolla, Its more affordable than the Camry, More stronger definitely reliable too. So go for it.

Lexus on a 100k salary? He will spend a third of the salary buying fuel. grin

9 Likes

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by sheu01: 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
Go for corolla
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by vinmayo(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

That's like $3,300 pa. it isn't a luxury!

Why don't you increase your earning before buying a car? Bolt/Uber is cheaper and convenient.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Themandalorian: 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
rationalmind:

Lexus on a 100k salary? He will spend a third of the salary buying fuel. grin

The 08 ES 350 is not much of a fuel guzzler. Very little difference to the V6 Camry 09.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Themandalorian: 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
vinmayo:

That's like $3,300 pa. it isn't a luxury!

Why don't you increase your earning before buying a car? Bolt/Uber is cheaper and convenient.
Bolt/Uber everyday on 100k salary? OP would go back to his village eventually.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

Hmmmm Lexus

Lexus maintenance as in maintenence and fuel consumption... How e be?

Thanks for your reply
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

The 08 ES 350 is not much of a fuel guzzler. Very little difference to the V6 Camry 09.

Even if we rule out fuel, its still not advisable considering the income. Last I heard, the engine and transmission of that car cost upwards of 600k. That's his 6 month salary if shit hits the fan.

If it were me, I won't be buying a vehicle at all but if it was absolutely necessary, then I'll be looking into a Corolla as you earlier advised.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
sheu01:
Go for corolla

Thanks but 07 or 09 corolla?
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
rationalmind:

Even if we rule out fuel, its still not advisable considering the income. Last I heard, the engine and transmission of that car cost upwards of 600k. That's his 6 month salary if shit hits the fan.

If it were me, I won't be buying a vehicle at all but if it was absolutely necessary, then I'll be looking into a Corolla as you earlier advised.

Mad o!

600k fa... I no do! Lol
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

Abeg I no wan go village o

That's why I come in peace... Lol
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

How about body parts and cost of maintenance?
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
No one even recommended camry 09.

Wow
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Themandalorian: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
rationalmind:

I'm not quite conversant with the prices but It should be around the range.
I agree with you, the Corolla is more of a safe bet. The transmission and engine is very cheap, maintenance doesn't cost an arm or a leg and Its also a very rugged car.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Themandalorian: 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ugmama:

How about body parts and cost of maintenance?
Make I call Oga Nurey grin grin
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
Themandalorian:

Make I call Oga Nurey grin grin

C cheesy
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by nurey(m): 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ugmama:

C cheesy

Corolla is a robber magnet, safer to buy Kia Rio 05 to 11 or Honda Civic in your price Range.

If you are certain you can avoid Gun point robbery and vandals then 03 to 07 Corolla due to cheaper parts than 08 upwards.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
nurey:

Corolla is a robber magnet, safer to buy Kia Rio 05 to 11 or Honda Civic in your price Range.

If you are certain you can avoid Gun point robbery and vandals then 03 to 07 Corolla due to cheaper parts than 08 upwards.

Okay. If I choose to buy corolla 07, I believe I will install car tracker/car lock device.

I hope it Will add up to an advantage.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Dotng: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ugmama:

Okay. If I choose to buy corolla 07, I believe I will install car tracker/car lock device.

I hope it Will add up to an advantage.
... and wheel lock.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Ugmama(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dotng:

... and wheel lock.

OK. Thanks
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by Finelinks: 12:17am On Jan 27, 2020
nurey:

Please what's the major difference between the corolla 2003 to 2007
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by vinmayo(m): 2:51am On Jan 27, 2020
Themandalorian:

It won't be every day. Do the calculation, it is cheaper to use car-hailing than buying a car. (Consider the maintenance, fueling, accident, etc).
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by smellingmenses: 5:19am On Jan 27, 2020
vinmayo:

It won't be every day. Do the calculation, it is cheaper to use car-hailing than buying a car. (Consider the maintenance, fueling, accident, etc).

He can involve his car in e-hailing

1 Like

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by nurey(m): 5:32am On Jan 27, 2020
Finelinks:

Please what's the major difference between the corolla 2003 to 2007
Dashboard guage
reverse light position
front grille different
rear seat 3rd headrest
Autolock all doors on moving gear from P to D when handbrake is disabled
Security addition.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by nurey(m): 5:43am On Jan 27, 2020
vinmayo:

Not true.

I live at ikorodu and work at Lekki, with my own car I can leave home at 5:30am and get to work by 7:30am in peace, if you are taking transportation you are susceptible to robbery or getting late to work due to unavailability of Uber drivers.

ikorodu to Lekki is 40km tops, for to and fro, it is 80km, if my Corolla uses 10L for the day journey that's 1450 a day. if I am wise, I will pick people along and have them pay a sum to cover for fuel.
If you take transport Uber would charge you more than 1500 from ikorodu to Lekki, if you take public transportation you will spend at least 1k for a journey going only, factor in stress of jumping bus and conductors armpit odour when you are unfortunate to sit by the door.

Owning a vehicle isn't luxury, look at the stress you go through and distance from work and see if it's worth it to own a car. I have owned a car for a year on 19800 salary when dollar was 5xx and fuel skyrocketed from 97 to 145 and I was able to fuel and maintain it.

7 Likes

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by sheu01: 8:15am On Jan 27, 2020
My guy, Corolla is good and better but the issue with corolla is that is more expensive from oversea now but most of Naija dealer are selling accidental vehicle and high mileage corolla with a rolled back to 100+ mileage which u will purchase around 1.8M - 2.2M, its only few that are selling non accidental but my advise for you is that to autocheck with d vehicle b4 u purchase. I just got 2006 corolla sport with 87,000 mileage, accident free, presently is at d port in USA, total amount with shipping is around 1,642,500 million naira, wen the car reach naija, i will do duty here with either 400-450k here. its cos its for my personal use and No dealer will purchase that kind of car, if they call it 2.5M nobody will pay. God will help u to get a good car. I rest my case.

7 Likes

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by BamBamK: 9:22am On Jan 27, 2020
in other words, what advise r u giving OP?

sheu01:
My guy, Corolla is good and better but the issue with corolla is that is more expensive from oversea now but most of Naija dealer are selling accidental vehicle and high mileage corolla with a rolled back to 100+ mileage which u will purchase around 1.8M - 2.2M, its only few that are selling non accidental but my advise for you is that to autocheck with d vehicle b4 u purchase. I just got 2006 corolla sport with 87,000 mileage, accident free, presently is at d port in USA, total amount with shipping is around 1,642,500 million naira, wen the car reach naija, i will do duty here with either 400-450k here. its cos its for my personal use and No dealer will purchase that kind of car, if they call it 2.5M nobody will pay. God will help u to get a good car. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by vinmayo(m): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2020
nurey:

Not true.

I live at ikorodu and work at Lekki, with my own car I can leave home at 5:30am and get to work by 7:30am in peace, if you are taking transportation you are susceptible to robbery or getting late to work due to unavailability of Uber drivers.

ikorodu to Lekki is 40km tops, for to and fro, it is 80km, if my Corolla uses 10L for the day journey that's 1450 a day. if I am wise, I will pick people along and have them pay a sum to cover for fuel.
If you take transport Uber would charge you more than 1500 from ikorodu to Lekki, if you take public transportation you will spend at least 1k for a journey going only, factor in stress of jumping bus and conductors armpit odour when you are unfortunate to sit by the door.

Owning a vehicle isn't luxury, look at the stress you go through and distance from work and see if it's worth it to own a car. I have owned a car for a year on 19800 salary when dollar was 5xx and fuel skyrocketed from 97 to 145 and I was able to fuel and maintain it.

How much did you buy the car?

A boat is a better option for people coming from Ikorodu. (I think Uber Boat run that axis).

If you critically analyze it. Car hailing is cheaper.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by vinmayo(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2020
smellingmenses:

He can involve his car in e-hailing

If you're talking about business then it is different.

I am only advising the OP not to buy a car at his current income level for private use.
Re: Corolla 07 Vs Corolla 09 Vs Camry 09 by nurey(m): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2020
vinmayo:

How much did you buy the car?

A boat is a better option for people coming from Ikorodu. (I think Uber Boat run that axis).

If you critically analyze it. Car hailing is cheaper.

Car hailing cannot be cheaper, depends on where you work and what you intend to do.

ikorodu to Marina is 700, Marina to CMS is 100, CMS to Lekki is 200 Lekki to office in okada 100 just for 1 trip, how is it cheaper?

I understand what you are trying to say I don't drive my car to work currently because from my house to work is 150naira and same amount back, if I intend to do exercise, it's 50naira for 1 trip, so if I was using car for that trip it would be a waste. He must have factored in his transport expenses before thinking of buying a car.

There are people earning wayless monthly and they maintain a car perfectly, op should just cut his coat according to his size

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First V6 ....pure Joy / Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 / Whose Duty Is It To Check Vehicle Papers???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.