Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) (67705 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Dig The Ground With Their Hands To Get Drinking Water (Video) / Soldiers Drinking From Stagnant Water, Including A Lady. Photo And Video. / 'Operation Lafiya Dole' Soldiers Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:
I have drank worse water in training, deployment and will still do, the army is not for the weak.

Back to this video, there are supplies provided, of course troops in far remote locations might get delays in supplies depending on several factors.

It is expected to be resilant and make good use of your environment.

So you shove your sensational headline and video down your behind

There are more important things you people can hold the government accountable for regarding the military.
You said my mind.
In a war situation soldiers have to go into survival mode and are not expected to always have access to clean water or even food supply.
But you never example of the important things government should be doing for military.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 8:18am On Jan 27, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

How can a human being classify drinking poo water as sane? You need to get your head checked really!

There is no USArmy personnel who would drink that shitty water and still be alive! They are not animals like you, you know!

first get it cleared of your mind those men are no normal human you, that makes them different from you. no normal human would choose a survival in place of normal life.
they were wired for survival not hustler for daily living that you are do, in the line of their duty survival is the order, not luxury. even when the supplies are there at times it becomes burden and excess luggage than a relief kit, so pick ups along the line are better package than delicious kit.
this ones are trained for survival not some popcorn night and cinema. it you were told us army pass their nights in self dug shallow grave you will argue and claim they are packed with water bed across the line. the pics below thanks.

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Nikes(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:
I have drank worse water in training, deployment and will still do, the army is not for the weak.

Back to this video, there are supplies provided, of course troops in far remote locations might get delays in supplies depending on several factors.

There are more important things you people can hold the government accountable for regarding the military.
Yeah, you mean far more important things like the government being careless enough not to hold the military authorities responsible for all the nonsense going on in the army? Soldiers not getting all their monthly allowances paid, even RCA na wahala, every bagga in position taking out his own share and giving the crumbs to the people who really deserved the whole, siphoning funds meant for troops into personal coffers. Sorry to say but today, we have more politicians in uniform than we ever had. I mean look at the arms Nigerian soldiers still dey run with. Ak and FN of 19kokro wey go knock down after few rounds. Where's the $1bn budget biko? Sometimes I wonder if Buhari was ever a service man. Every soldier must have witnessed first hand "eye service" and as a general, he must have gotten lots of that. Today he acts like the military authorities are infact, the very symbol of uprightness and honesty. I'm still shaking my head for Nigerian army. Navy sef don follow suit. Lord save us

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 8:28am On Jan 27, 2020
GenBuhari:
You said my mind.
In a war situation soldiers have to go into survival mode and are not expected always access to clean water or even food supply.

this is the nonsense nysc is creating an average individual graduate that went through nysc program coming out to pull some decent stunt and clean banking guy over military operations.
if nysc was what it was meant to be a good number of them won't come here to form Mr decent even when we know they survived drinking cassava in their villages before turning a graduate.
if nysc is to live to its true expectations a good number of Nigerians would opt out for exemption.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Nikes(m): 8:30am On Jan 27, 2020
When you find yourself in the jungle, you do all you can to survive. No one said the warfront would have pipe borne water and pizza hut.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Enwhen(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:
That's left to you egbon, like I said "There are more important things you people can hold the government accountable for regarding the military.

If u don't have info about issues pls remain silent it's not a curse....

Did u know how many soldiers have died as a results of drinking water ..... Did u know that there are thousands on sick bed as resulting of drinking waters ?, The most common one is one disease like scabis on their skin , nobody knows the kind of disease and it has been named after the various villages that have such Rivers where u cannot drink water from ... Pls go get info from any barracks near u....our soldiers are really suffering, most times dey go without food for months mostly when there is an attacked in your location... I remembered my elder brother calling my dad from a village while my dad was still in Maiduguri that he wants to kill himself , because the hunger and water starvation is no different from death... Not even helicopter to go drop water and can food for them in the bush at it was during the GEJ, but now , people are just doing whatever they like because the govt is scared of probing the people they appointed...may God help us all.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:04am On Jan 27, 2020
If you ask any soldier in this forum they will tell yo its a lie and that this vodeo is fake.

I am sure the soldiers are looking for who posted that video to teach him a lesson
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:

This is why your army will remain the way it is. Can a sick soldier function properly?
That dirty water you drink should not be what you drink on a daily basis bit when condition demands it you think drinking it daily makes you tough? Truth is every human being in that situation will drink that stuff tough or not.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2020
SEGLIZ:

first get it cleared of your those men are no normal human that makes them different from your. normal human would choose a in place of normal life.
they were wired for survival not hustler for daily living that you are. in the line of their duty survival is the order, not luxury. even when the supplies are there at time it becomes burden and excess luggage than a relief kit, so pick ups along the line are better package than delicious kit.
this one trained for survival not some popcorn night and cinema. it you were told us army pass their nights in self dug shallow grave you will argue and claim they are packed with water bed across the line. the pics below thanks.
Bullshit.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

This is why your army will remain the way it is. Can a sick soldier function properly?
That dirty water you drink should not be what you drink on a daily basis bit when condition demands it you think drinking it daily makes you tough? Truth is every human being in that situation will drink that stuff tough or not.

this you've answered and unravel the mystery not every time only when the situation demands it. at time in a real war environment supplies might not get through to cross the line, then survival mode would fully come active.
no one here supporting the claim is saying it is the standard but when things comes to that point they do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 9:33am On Jan 27, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Bullshit.

you can do better just understand me.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SIRTee15: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2020
The picture some buhari supporters posted, clearly showed the availability of clean drinking water for American soldiers when at the frontline.....
Obviously they are too stupid to see that....
No wonder they see nothing wrong with nigerian soldiers drinking filthy water.....

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by midnighter(f): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2020
SEGLIZ:

this you've answered and unravel the mystery not every time only when the situation demands it. at time in a real war environment supplies might not get through to cross the line, then survival mode would fully come active.
no one here supporting the claim is saying it is the standard but when things comes to that point they do.

Thank you. If they really want to make a point why dont they explain that they havent been trained properly or that they havent seen their water supply since sososo date?

Why dont they film the poor quality equipment and wears that they have been given?

I dont see how a video of some dudes sipping muddy water like a bunch of village yokels is supposed to mean anything to anybody
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SouthSouth1914: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2020
SEGLIZ:

first get it cleared of your mind those men are no normal human you, that makes them different from you. no normal human would choose a survival in place of normal life.
they were wired for survival not hustler for daily living that you are do, in the line of their duty survival is the order, not luxury. even when the supplies are there at times it becomes burden and excess luggage than a relief kit, so pick ups along the line are better package than delicious kit.
this ones are trained for survival not some popcorn night and cinema. it you were told us army pass their nights in self dug shallow grave you will argue and claim they are packed with water bed across the line. the pics below thanks.

I thought you’d show me a pic of the usarmy drinking gutter water our own Nigerian troops are subjected to! But alas! You failed again..

From the pic you displayed, you can see clean drinking water close to their trenches! Nice blankets by their side and also well kitted to the socks! This is how a soldier is suppose to be well taken care of! With all these amenities, they become very alert and extremely smart! grin grin

I just do not want to expose the Nigerian Army today! I have lots of proof about the dirty politics being meted to troops over there in the NE. They are really suffering! The pot bellied personnel in Abuja and other big offices in this country are feeding fat on these unfortunate ones in the NE. The NA is a scam, the ones sent to maiduguri are the ones who do not have a godfather or cannot buy his/her out to be redeployed!

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=Sirevangel post=86138573][/quote]

You better go back to school. Go start from JSS2. Your grammatical expression is poor.
Humans are not mortar; they are mortal.
Olodo, chowderhead. grin grin

Imagine, the weakling threatening in online. Beast like you who believe in assaults will end in jail las las. Watch out!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by vr0xen: 10:04am On Jan 27, 2020
I WOULDNT BLAME DEM DEHYDRATION WILL KILL YOU FASTER THAN ENEMY FIRE

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2020
midnighter:

Thank you. If they really want to make a point why dont they explain that they havent been trained properly or that they havent seen their water supply since sososo date?

Why dont they film the poor quality equipment and wears that they have been given?

I dont see how a video of some dudes sipping muddy water like a bunch of village yokels is supposed to mean anything to anybody

this is where we found ourselves in this country no one is willing to see anything good coming out of this country. even if we do so would still make some noise out of it, mischief makers everywhere.
it is clear for us to see things are not to well but it isn't enough for us to create unnecessary tension out of every situation. most youth are not just lazy, a good number has turn reactor and responder order than being reasonable and creative.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by SEGLIZ: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

I thought you’d show me a pic of the usarmy drinking gutter water our own Nigerian troops are subjected to! But alas! You failed again..

From the pic you displayed, you can see clean drinking water close to their trenches! Nice blankets by their side and also well kitted to the socks! This is how a soldier is suppose to be well taken care of! With all these amenities, they become very alert and extremely smart! grin grin

I just do not want to expose the Nigerian Army today! I have lots of proof about the dirty politics being meted to troops over there in the NE. They are really suffering! The pot bellied personnel in Abuja and other big offices in this country are feeding fat on these unfortunate ones in the NE. The NA is a scam, the ones sent to maiduguri are the ones who do not have a godfather or cannot buy his/her out to be redeployed!

I love those teeth, I understand where you are coming from and where you are heading, I do but my point was based on training and the survival instinct a military personnel is wired and framed with.
concerning the pics I'm not out for mischief so what would I profit from hiding the truth they had the supplies, still see ready for unexpected that was my point all this while.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2020
SEGLIZ:

Your post makes it sound like it should be a norm.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by 77up(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
goodnessme1:
Any Easterns that die in the name of fight boko haram.Died for nothing.
I know you are sitting or sleeping peacefully somewhere now , only God know how many times you have eaten or drank today ,its funny if you don't know it's the grace of God and sacrifice made by these people to make sure the country remain peaceful.

Can we pls try to say positive things about them and never forget some of them are also reading these kind of your insensitive comment? It is well.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by midnighter(f): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
SEGLIZ:

this is where we found ourselves in this country no one is willing to see anything good coming out of this country. even if we do so would still make some noise out of it, mischief makers everywhere.
it is clear for us to see things are not to well but it isn't enough for us to create unnecessary tension out of every situation. most youth are not just lazy, a good number has turn reactor and responder order than being reasonable and creative.

Thank you for being sensible instead of getting unnecessarily emotional like these ones who are pouring their nonsense crocodile tears in here.

If our nice soldiers have any issue I expect them to show their perspective in an intelligent manner and not this kind of needless display that doesnt actually mean anything at the end smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Banmeallday: 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
What comes around goes around. They no too long ago made IPOB during similar water and today they are drinking worse water.

Meanwhile their Commander in Chief cannot grant one live interview to explain anything to anyone, after 2 years ....

You all that think you have a country, you only have a connection to England as her subjects STILL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Fourwinds: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2020
CaptainStephen:

this is zoo meeeennhh
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Fourwinds: 1:34am On Jan 28, 2020
SEGLIZ:

this is a zoo meeeennhh
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Farki: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
shogsman:
Nigerians just go with the flow even without understanding the subject of discuss,their ignorance is evident in the comments here,you think the army is a fucking office job.
This is where some US soldiers sleep at night.

But don't I see bottles of clean water right next to them? There's a difference between sleeping in a foxhole to avoid being shot and drinking dirty water from a dirty stream. Abeg we should not even begin to compare ourselves with foreign armies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Farki: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
77up:
I know you are sitting or sleeping peacefully somewhere now , only God know how many times you have eaten or drank today ,its funny if you don't know it's the grace of God and sacrifice made by these people to make sure the country remain peaceful.

Can we pls try to say positive things about them and never forget some of them are also reading these kind of your insensitive comment? It is well.

The same soldiers will turn their weapons on unarmed protestors or attack people minding their own business because they wore camouflage pattern. If it were any other country I would agree but not Nigeria I highly doubt soldiers give a damn about the lives of 'bloody civilians'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by shogsman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
Farki:

But don't I see bottles of clean water right next to them? There's a difference between sleeping in a foxhole to avoid being shot and drinking dirty water from a dirty stream. Abeg we should not even begin to compare ourselves with foreign armies.
You people no little to nothing about this things, first off they're sleeping that way because they was no supply available as they had to change camp because of a target,most of them are on a recon mission, some Canadian soldiers once told me a story about them having to eat rats when they ran out of supplies in camp,the army is no joke padre,this people are trained to survive anything. Some of them camp inside mud for days just to see the ground from an advantage, so them drinking dirty water is no surprise at all cause even soldiers from advanced countries go through much worse.
I've had encounters with soldiers across continents that's why I know better,most of you lots don't even have access to the Nigerian army you just blindly follow headlines.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by Farki: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
shogsman:

You people no little to nothing about this things, first off they're sleeping that way because they was no supply available as they had to change camp because of a target,most of them are on a recon mission, some Canadian soldiers once told me a story about them having to eat rats when they ran out of supplies in camp,the army is no joke padre,this people are trained to survive anything. Some of them camp inside mud for days just to see the ground from an advantage, so them drinking dirty water is no surprise at all cause even soldiers from advanced countries go through much worse.
I've had encounters with soldiers across continents that's why I know better,most of you lots don't even have access to the Nigerian army you just blindly follow headlines.

So they had no support and dug foxholes so they wouldn't be shot in a surprise attack like I said. Got it.

The thing is anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together knows the military isn't easy but drinking dirty water right from a stream is quite frankly stupid. There's a high chance they will get dysentery or any manner of infections making them another liability.

Again there's a massive difference between sleeping in a hole and introducing all sorts of diseases into your system. If they could get phones with data and record this what's stopping them from getting clean water?

Even in developed countries they give them adequate water supply (like in the picture you sent) or water purification tablets. It is only in Africa that we celebrate mediocrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by midnighter(f): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Drinking Dirty Water (Video) by debbysure001(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2020
ovonramwen:

Oh how i miss this coffee... is this the one sold at allen/toyin street?

Yes, it is. I'm a Distributor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com / Proforce Armoured Vehicles Produced In Ogun, Bought By UN & Shipped To Somalia / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.