Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,293 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57865 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Flier: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
MajorWarren:
If he did send the money I don’t think that’s allowed. Probably seen as some sort of money laundering, he shoulda known better.
The person is not his brother,he has been scammed it’s a common fraud

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by femmy2010(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
It is obvious something is wrong somewhere . Why didn't he use western union?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by MajorWarren: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Flier:
The person is not his brother,he has been scammed it’s a common fraud

For real? Never heard that one before. So how do they benefit from this?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Mizwisdom(f): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
bigtt76:
The question is, did his brother tell him he sent money and if yes, did he also know his brother is based in Abuja before sending it there?

How is this a scam?

This is a well known Yahoo scam. His so called brother is a Yahoo boy based here in Nigeria but he promised to send this OP $4800 audio money gift but OP needs to pay for delivery and other added cost. After OP pays, the scammer will now claim that he sent the stuff but it seems customs has intercepted it, it's now left for the naive junior scammer to get headache trying to retrieve his seized parcel while the real scammer goes to the next victim

14 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Bluffly: 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
Stay in Lagos and sleep

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Manageme: 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hmmm
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Donbosco46: 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lol I tell you this is SCAM is not real
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by bomasek(m): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
Kingspin:
This is thief by custom officers

I don't what people are saying here.

Most people what work with any Nigerian institutions are potential thief
Guy its an old format used by 419 boys,they once tried it with my boo using iPhone as a bait. We told them to use the phone.

3 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Loooooooogstory: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wickedtruths:
Go and collect it.
We would read about your story here on Nairaland.
wicked truth

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Akinh: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Alaye u and ur brother be fool...WU they there una no fit use n u come here they disturb us for ur stupidity
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Xisnin(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
J111333:
I have sent $3k to my cousin for a project when I bought him some books he needed in school and yes, I hid them inside the books. 100 dollar bills in each page but that was about 3 yrs ago and they got to him alright so say things with facts.
The fact that you successfully laundered some money doesn't make it right.
It is still a criminal act.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by successity5(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Please go to Abuja and claim your parcel, there is no other agency that can help you as far as it's a parcel
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Xisnin(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
bigtt76:
The question is, did his brother tell him he sent money and if yes, did he also know his brother is based in Abuja before sending it there?

How is this a scam?

He likely has no brother and has never met the person claiming to be one.
These days, one can easily send $100,000 without using mail or custom.

His "brother" is a naija based scammer who conned him of custom and delivery fee.

7 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by yom2(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:
You are either a Maga or a Yahoo boy.
Nobody sends $4800 through mail except criminals.
no mind them
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by mysteryman2014: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
hrykanu231:

Stash? That will only imply that, he is trying to evade a whole lot. Now for records purpose, if the said parcel had gotten to you alongisde the money. How do we now have statistics of cash remitted from the diaspora?

You very correct the guy has been scammed. A cheap scam of sending you iphone and inclusive of some amount of forex but you have to pay locally for the courier.

The guy is economical wit the truth just been scammed of the #17500.

7 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Loooooooogstory: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
frowland:

It's a scam. The narrative have scam written all over it. He will then be asked to pay 1k$ to claim 4800$.
They knew he was in Lagos so they used Abj. If he was in Abj they would have shifted their location to Lagos.
man wey sabi

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by abbasajao(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
To start with, how do pay custom and Home delivery fees? Which account did you credit?

7 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Kingstanding: 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
damdam995:
Damn... Terrible experience for you.
. It is illegal to send cash through postage, your brother can be prosecuted and jail. Even your brother can be deceving you even if it's true that he sent the money and you told him that you did not see the money the best thing for him is to tell you to keep mute else he will regret it for send you money through postage. If he do that in Western world he will be jailed.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by wengerman: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
do u know how much the $4800 is worth in naira.more than 1.5m.u can't go to Abuja because of that.kindly seek advice of senior nipost staff in Lagos and if they tell u it is retrievable, the pursue it with all your might
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by damilola1978: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Money has entered voicemail...it is prohibited to send money in such manner
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SpartanKing: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Western Union no dey work again? Na wah for una oooooo! What about wire transfer? So, because, you dey for Lagos, make that cash lost like that? If na FG job interview for Abuja, you no go go? Come on, move that ass and start preparing how to go claim your cash from those criminals!
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by VirtIQ: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Dhl said i should call dss . How is that possible that dss seized my package from abroad.pls what can i do. Who can help me pls.its a phone and they seize it
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by FKMagazine(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
Thunder fire them
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Kylekent59: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
That is definitely a scam. The person you claimed that put dollars didn't put any money.
Those were format they used to scam people.

They are the ones that would organize the clearance, and everything. They have scammed you.

I know guys way dey use this format dey collect.

If you go to ABJ , you go pay for your bail.

I am very sure if it was truly your brother that sent that money, he should have known the rules of which he wouldn't dare to stick or insert dollars into a parcel .

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by tyup(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
frowland:

Sure it's your brother? Sounds like a scam to me. Please don't send any money to anyone AGAIN. which one is custom fee and home delivery fee? If you paid this fee to personal account (which is very obvious) then your money is gone.

I gave up when he said he paid for home delivery? like who would wanna pay for home delivery of such kind something if possible to get a flight to their office quickly op would do it

don't mind him jare he's either lying or there's really nothing

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by NwaOhafia: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Catchfirez:

Very old scam since the time of BBM. Them go even show receipt and tracking .. lol

I swear you know the format.. that's what they did my guy

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Homiesjinxbank: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Its a scam jare, them wan try scam one of my guy like that last week, d idiot shipped iphone and $3000 to my friend. And he sent to Abuja when my guy told him pH..how abj and ph correlate? Guy if you truly paid the #17k and and the rest, brother you've just been scammed..

5 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Purifychy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
GoodFaith:

Your brother is crazy
money can be wired into your account-- just open dollars account

He don't need to open domiciliary account, it can be transferred to his local account.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by frowland(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
tyup:

I gave up when he said he paid for home delivery? like who would wanna pay for home delivery of such kind something if possible to get a flight to their office quickly op would do it

don't mind him jare he's either lying or there's really nothing

He's being economical with the truth. I bet he paid custom fee first.. then they came back and gave him another fee for delivery.
Then after that, they came with $4800 story. The billing will continue until he have his sense back by force.

7 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by felixawe(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
This purely money laundering. I received money from abroad to my Bitcoin wallet straight, I will sell within minutes online, and the Naira will hit my gbt.
Avoid long procedure.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Homiesjinxbank: 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
The $4800 is an attempt to make you pay up any fee custom officers give you. Because you know $4800 dey inside..
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria bro.... If u know, u know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce / Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.