Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,199 members, 7,853,087 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles (26137 Views)

Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / LASG Reiterates Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Restricted Areas / Lagos Impounds 100 Commercial Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Oluchia(f): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=BabaRamota1980 post=86190741]

They dont owe anybody an alternative. You should be asking yourself, now that okada and napep is banned, what alternative do you have for yourself? [/quote

It's the responsibility of the government to provide more good road networks, better and more efficient transport systems. If all these were available, traffic will reduce, life will be easier for the common man and there won't be need for Okada. So yes they owe us an alternative.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mrblaq1990:
I live in Ikorodu and ply the highway daily and I know how much these bikers endanger human lives though I also believe the government should try to fix the bad roads so they can be smoother journies and also the lastma officials should be more effective and stop those yellow and red buses from stopping along the roads the way they want. We commercial bus users should also endeavor to go to the bus stops to hop on a bus not any road side. ✌️
I was nearly knocked down around last year January on BRT Lane in Benson but I was a bit lucky to be aware of my environment but the lady at my back was not because she died instantly, the bikeman also die and the person he carried. I was dumbfounded confused and don't know what to do because I thought I was already dead
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by DaCharis2016: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Yodexy:

Thanks you my brother.
I use my motorcycle to hustle on a part-time basis, but I've been having run-ins with police since that news was released.

They'll just stop me and remove my key. The next thing, they're showing me the news on their phone.

When I argue that it's supposed to take effect February 2, they'll tell me that their Oga just left and he gave orders for them to start arresting bikes.

I had to settle them both times, now my bike just dey house dey chill.

Monkey no fit dey work, make Baboon dey chop.

I heard that some police officers have vowed to build their house, and buy cars on this bike ban matter.

I am just looking at how this whole ban scenario will play out.
Lol � Sanwo-Olu don butter their bread na!

In fact I already got tired before the February.

they extorted 8k from me within a week, and d following week my key, ba3 and CDI were forcefully removed after I disagreed with them in impounding the bike.

E no easy shall...as I already chop bad slap from their insp. and now my hearing isn't perfect.

My brother if ur bike is up to logistic grade and it's ur personal one just enter logistics business, or find another hustle.

God is watching them onto their judgement day.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by chosenwan1(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
Most times when our leaders make decisions in this country, it is usually abrupt. BAN this, STOP that. You wonder how detached are these people, they don't even take time to consider what are the consequences of such decisions.How can we provide alternatives, even animals perform better
BAAKUS1447:

https://nairametrics.com/2020/01/28/lagos-state-says-it-did-not-license-anybody-to-operate-motorbike-business/
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by yom2(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
mrsage:

We all know the bike and Kekes guys do not pay taxes, but like it or not, its an economic activity.
how do u know they don't pay any form of taxes. Try the business for a month and SE weather u will not be taxed
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by sulaak(m): 1:29am On Feb 01, 2020
duwdu:

LOL, some of you will become extinct on this "Tinubu" matter... Which other parts of Nigeria have been better developed than Tinubu's Lagos, especially in terms of public infrastructure, that you're basing this your drivel on?

In any case, why don't you lead the street protest? And if you don't live in Lagos, what gives you the right to think you can dictate to Lagosians how their assets are managed? Why do you feel joy in badmouthing and goading other people towards disaster? Is your own private space Utopia?

P34c3

It's obvious you haven't travelled beyond the shores of Nigeria if you think the mess in Lagos is development, with endless potholes, open sewers, traffic congestion.

I grew up in Lagos, long before the like of Tinubu turned the city into his personal fiefdom. Lagos was once developing under Jakande when housing, education, road and mass transit were a priority. Contrast, Jakande accomplishment in fours years to Tinubu 20 years godfather regime, the Lekki development started under Jakande, the numerous housing estates and the metroline was started on Jakande watched and ended by the Dullard.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Yodexy: 3:09am On Feb 01, 2020
DaCharis2016:
Lol � Sanwo-Olu don butter their bread na!

In fact I already got tired before the February.

they extorted 8k from me within a week, and d following week my key, ba3 and CDI were forcefully removed after I disagreed with them in impounding the bike.

E no easy shall...as I already chop bad slap from their insp. and now my hearing isn't perfect.

My brother if ur bike is up to logistic grade and it's ur personal one just enter logistics business, or find another hustle.

God is watching them onto their judgement day.

Today I'm going to observe what the situation will be like.

I'll join public transport, and watch very well.

I street calm, hustle continue. If not, na to restrategise o my brother

Man must wack
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by yuniben007: 6:42am On Feb 01, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Government does not owe you job in return for your tax.

Amnesty rewards is not our way of life in Yorubaland.

Govt does not owe you job, and you had better not go into crime if you know whats good for you.

Relocate to other states where you can earn money with your okada.
nice bro not only Dat all our youth av left their trade and hand work turn to Okada rider

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by martjay(m): 8:03am On Feb 01, 2020
Some of our leaders are so insensitive to the plight of the masses. Why not give a prior notice of two to three years? By then these people would be able to save money, and change the line of business or relocate to another place. They just woke up, and ban the source of livelihood of many people with families to cater for without providing a palliative care for them. The Bible says," do unto others as you expect them to do unto you "( Matthew 7:12). They treat their fellow citizens like animals and expect Nigeria to be united. If they are the one affected, would they be happy? I thank God for not being man, else the criteria to be alive would be so stringent, in fact, many people would not be alive.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Wailerint: 8:49am On Feb 01, 2020
You people will just keep spewing rubish, is LSG their parent or their state government that they should create alternatives for them.
The simple thing is go back to ur state with ur Okada or ur state government should provide alternatives.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Yodexy: 8:50am On Feb 01, 2020
They are really enforcing this law o, my area just be like U.S today.

Police at ever nook and cranny. (In uniform and Mufti)

Looking for any ignorant biker that will fall victim.

Anything chance for extortion, thats when they'll be at their best. grin

If you are into the bike business, you better secure your bike at home for now.

Fake officers too will be much on the road now, if they manage to arrest your bike, na straight to Oyingbo (For sale) especially at night.

I wan go enter bus, to my destination.
I have been queuing for about 30 minutes now, all the buses are full. No bus to carry us. They are also hiking fares.

This is on a Saturday o, imagine how nasty it will be on Monday.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by bravehost4u(m): 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Davash222:
Then, who licensed them
MC Oluomo, when he signed MOU with them
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Honeydenz(f): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hah and my dad invested so much in Okada business in Lagos, after over 50bikes now where do we start from?
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Honeydenz(f): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
The problem with Nigerian criminals, armed robbers and thieves is they don't know where to take their rugedity to. They go about robbing the poor in their houses and shops Instead of focusing on the same government/people that has contributed immensely to their frustration.

That's why the high and do whatever they like knowing they will get away with it, and whichever angle you look at it, it's the common man that will suffer the results.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by bjgurl(f): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
God will have mercy on us and will not make what is Haram an opportunity for us, bless us an make halaal sufficient for us. Aameen
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by kayusely70(m): 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Govt Shouldve Given Them Enough Notice To Work Out Alternatives Ditto Their Customers.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Fratello(m): 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
Armed robbers go come back las las. because 60% of these bikers are Keke guys had a source through the banned transportation hustle. Including hard working napep ladies.

I don't understand who makes a law without being on the street, considering ppl and giving everyone freedom to earn legally. If them do yahoo, una go vex, ritual, vex now Keke una dey hold them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by BabaRamota1980: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
olalekan9320:

Government do not owe its citizen anything? Little wonder we keep retrogressing.

Correct! You will definitely regress if you sit down tallying what govt owes you. They owe you nothing!

Your relationship with govt is tied to "obligation", not inheritance or some irrational reward as many of you think, retrogressively so.

There is no law in govt books that authorizes okada as a mode of commercial transportation. None whatsoever! Govt did not authorize you to carry passengers and they are not breaking any contract simply by telling you not to carry passengers, thereby they do not owe you compensation for anything.

You will be violating law if you attempt to catch govt's attention to your issue by going into crime. You will be locked up if caught.

Your best option is to put petrol in your okada right now and pack your belongibgs, tie to the back seat and relocate to another state to go earn income riding okada.
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by BabaRamota1980: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
Fratello:
Armed robbers go come back las las. because 60% of these bikers are Keke guys had a source through the banned transportation hustle. Including hard working napep ladies.

I don't understand who makes a law without being on the street, considering ppl and giving everyone freedom to earn legally. If them do yahoo, una go vex, ritual, vex now Keke una dey hold them.

Amotekun is coming to town shortly. Test them!

The only thing many of you understand is crime. It has become your normal. So if you cant do okada the next best thing for you is crime?
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by olalekan9320(m): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Correct! You will definitely regress if you sit down tallying what govt owes you. They owe you nothing!

Your relationship with govt is tied to "obligation", not inheritance or some irrational reward as many of you think, retrogressively so.

There is no law in govt books that authorizes okada as a mode of commercial transportation. None whatsoever! Govt did not authorize you to carry passengers and they are not breaking any contract simply by telling you not to carry passengers, thereby they do not owe you compensation for anything.

You will be violating law if you attempt to catch govt's attention to your issue by going into crime. You will be locked up if caught.

Your best option is to put petrol in your okada right now and pack your belongibgs, tie to the back seat and relocate to another state to go earn income riding okada.

This is so funny. I know an average Nigerian only think about himself since it's not affecting him there's no problem.

Do you know the definition of a government, government is up there to better the life of its citizen.

There are so many bad roads that it is even better to take public transport rather than take personal vehicle.

Even though there are benefits in the banning there are also drawbacks, what I'm saying is what has government done to reduce this drawbacks.

Can you mention some reasons for banning tricycle not okada o
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by BabaRamota1980: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
olalekan9320:

This is so funny. I know an average Nigerian only think about himself since it's not affecting him there's no problem.

Do you know the definition of a government, government is up there to better the life of its citizen.

There are so many bad roads that it is even better to take public transport rather than take personal vehicle.

Even though there are benefits in the banning there are also drawbacks, what I'm saying is what has government done to reduce this drawbacks.

Can you mention some reasons for banning tricycle not okada o

In countries that use tricycles their operators voluntarily obey road laws and signage. The ones that break law, when caught are also correctly penalized. There is no short cut whether in operation or law enforcement.

Here in Nigeria there are laws for road usage and signage, tricycle operators VOLUNTARILY DISOBEY them. When caught, our law enforcement use short cut to treat them. Both are enemies to a progressive society.

Lagos is a progressive society, it has vontinued to grow. Those who will spoil our progress need to be cut off.

Okada and napep are spoilers of progress.

They voluntarily disobey laws.

Since their ban i can now take afternoon nap and enjoy sleep. No more noise pollution from their unending horn blasts and engine noise. No more rowdiness and chaos on road. Its very nice outside.

They have no use. Before them people got to where they need to go with no problem.

Youths are abandoning their artisan skills to go and operate okada. A progressive society need artisans to keep life sustained.

Okada and napep are good riddance!
Re: Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles by Chazblagos(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
I need a mini bus (a.k.a Korope or small doctor) on higher purchase. If you have or willing to buy,or You know someone that needs a driver for it.
please reach out to me
I live in Ajah area of Lagos state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Modupe Odele's Passport Returned & Travel Ban Lifted After 9 Days / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Kukah Replies Presidency: Even Buhari’s Wife Disagrees With His Policies

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.