Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,310 members, 7,864,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo (22776 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Ondo State Community, Kill Farmer, Injure Eight Other Residents / Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by wink2015(m): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2020
Suspected herdsmen have killed a farmer and a policeman in Owan community, Ovia North East local government area.

It was gathered that the farmer whose identity was yet to be ascertained was killed last Saturday by herdsmen.

The community called in the police to help retrieve the body but the herdsmen were said to have fired at the police and killed one of them in the process.

A brother to the farmer was also said to be hit by bullets fired by the herdsmen.

The killing made the community members block the Bénin-Akure highway to protest the killings and sought government attention to the crisis.

Motorists plying the road were stranded for several hours that the protest lasted.

One of the protesters who gave his name as Moses, said herdsmen in the bush have been killing and raping women in their community.

Moses said their crops have been destroyed by the herdsmen.

“They killed our person in the bush. We called in the police so that we can retrieve the body but they attacked again and killed a policeman. The government should come to our aid.

“Herdsmen are terrorising us. We need help so that we can go to our farms.”

When contacted for comments, Edo police spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said the policeman did not die.

He said the policeman and other injured persons are receiving treatment in the hospital and said that investigations have commenced.

Farmers at Igbanke community in Orhionmwon local government also protested destruction of the crops by herdsmen.

The farmers who protested to Bénin City said they could no longer enter their farms.

They alleged that yams, cassava and other crops were used to feed cows after which the farmlands are set ablaze by the herdsmen to enable fresh grass to grow.

An elder of Iganke, Mr. James Iguando, said, “We are afraid. We cannot take laws into our hands. We don’t have plantain, yams and others again. We are now hungry. Herdsmen take their cows to eat our produce.

DSP Nwabuzor said the police have received petition on the issue and was working on the matter.

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-kill-farmer-policeman-in-edo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The fulani herdsmen suspected to have done this killings are encouraged by the fact that their chief patron, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd ) is not taking any legal action against them to prosecute them in a court of law.

I am wondering what they will do by the time their GODFATHER is no longer controlling the federal security agencies.

The good people of Edo state and well meaning Nigerians must condemn this barbaric acts by suspected fulani herdsmen.

This is why Nigeria must be restructured to give each state or region of the federation a sense of belonging.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2020
Mraphel:
Edo is d most ravaged state by fulani herdsmwn in d entire southern part
very true.
nd also because it's closer and shares boundary with Kogi a North Central state which is also bedevilled with the activities of these marauders

1 Like

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2020
you are unfair.
SoftP:
The Governor is busy battling Oshiomole while the true killers are ravaging his state.
Politicians and their selfish desire.
I use to like this man but his misplaced priority will mess him up
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by klax(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2020
osuofia2:
RIP to the dead, May God punish the dullard and all the NL zombies here, waiting for press statement from his aides as usual

The dullard is still in surprise mode till they will invade Aso Rock and chase him out he will still be in surprise mode.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by sirchrislatestn(m): 10:58am On Jan 29, 2020
Mraphel:
are u sure do u have proof learn to say what u know
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by SoftP(m): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2020
LLMG:
you are unfair.

How?
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by SoftP(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
LLMG:
you are unfair.
How?
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Bombastically00:
Lol...not all are killers... Those who are deadly don't fear anyone and are ready to die if engaged in any fight... They av charms too and a knife called makenje..

I for say:
Because as early as 5:20am. I do leave my work to morning mass and we do greet and pass by, as early as that. I see them ever day with lots of cow. Though in raining season, their foot do mess up the road to follow.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by AgentNairaland(f): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Well Amotekun Is Coming Incase Of Emergency Call Amotekun Toll Line, 122 Is The Number
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by emperorshaokahn(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2020
HacheNoire:
Who questioned the killers to ascertain there occupation or a conclusion was just arrived at that they herdsmen.

No wonder guys are just getting richer of late with little security challenges.
afonja
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2020
fg is swift to go after harmless citizens disarming them who only want to protect themselves, but turn blind eye to the real murderers. nemesis will catch up with you soon.
gift2xl:
It's in the hand of human to best known the way to protect themselves. I perceive the government is playing games, if not why has they not mobilise forces to retrieve those arms the herdsmen are carrying about, and who issued them the licence.

1 Like

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Monday60655(m): 11:23am On Jan 29, 2020
So after the herdsmen fired at the policemen and injured one of them, then the police retreat back right! Allowing the killers herdsmen to continue their killing while the police go back and continue with the useless investigation thereby allowing the innocent people to continue been killed in the hands of this wicked wolves in human clothing.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2020
does the south need the norths permission. the southern politicians are inexcusably stupid.
anonimi:

Is everybody ready for the divorce and going our separate ways like the Soviet Union republics did without a war
Will the Fulanis who are milking the south like their cash cow allow everyone to leave them easily?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10929745_fbimg1579455637436_jpeg941d304a647af28279b50f7769b411f4

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by anonimi: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2020
LLMG:
does the south need the norths permission. the southern politicians are inexcusably stupid.

Stupid, selfish and greedy.
The worst combination ever.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

1 Like

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2020
are the ibos in the north a problem to their host.
Confirmedzombie:
Let us stop all this rubbish and stop dividing us in Nigeria, every killings now attributed to herdsmen.

The hatred the ibos have for herdsmen will consume them one day.

Many ibos are up North doing well and making money, yet the ones down home kept attributing all killings to herdsmen.

In as much as I condemn this dastardly act, I refuse to attribute it to the herdsmen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by anonimi: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Monday60655:
So after the herdsmen fired at the policemen and injured one of them, then the police retreat back right! Allowing the killers herdsmen to continue their killing while the police go back and continue with the useless investigation thereby allowing the innocent people to continue been killed in the hands of this wicked wolves in human clothing.

That is how things are in the Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN under the rule of Major General Buhari (rtd) who wants to rename the country as BuhariStan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4274880_img20160713wa000_jpeg8b63eae3a7de9cfcbb52f1bdcf3d09b3

3 Likes

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Yhungsarm(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2020
sorry to say but not all,is fulani herdsman
not all of dem are bad but d moment there is a killing prople are quick to say it dem.pls read d real story b4 u say it fulani herdsman,most of dis people killed are killed by their haters but all we do is blame fulani herdsman
am not saying fulani herdsman are not wicked and cruel but i dont blieve it dem dat keep killing like dis some of this killings are don by haters and all we do is jst conclude dat it dem
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2020
keep your nuisance to yourself.
Malawian:

Edo State is just too large in size. Just the uninhabited wilderness you will find in Bini land alone is probably as much as the inhabited areas in all of the south east.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by ridbell01(m): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2020
Mraphel:
those cult boys killing themselves should go and face them

1 Like

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by LLMG: 11:36am On Jan 29, 2020
stop being stupid.
osusuallstars:
Foolish Edo people , you knew where the killers are staying and instead of attacking them there , you come block road wey innocent users to use .

.ODEH
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by martowskin1(m): 11:42am On Jan 29, 2020
stevmatt15:

I see Fulani herdsmen in Enugu steady, but they never hold gun, is it true that they actually move with guns?

So ur sense is telling u that if thy hold gun u will see it, they will carry their guns like army......

2 Likes

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by executive12: 11:47am On Jan 29, 2020
Mraphel:

And they still vote APC. I wonder why?
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by executive12: 11:55am On Jan 29, 2020
Edo should set up, train and arm a State vigilante to chase the bandits out of Edo State. If they are expecting the Fulani controlled Police to help them, then they are on a long thing.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by executive12: 11:59am On Jan 29, 2020
leksite120:
To be candid, I don't know the mission of this people for killing o , but it seems like they're being sponsored or something.

You don't know their mission? So all these talks about fulanization agenda mean nothing to you?
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by executive12: 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
Kobicove:
This is the work of bandits.

You people should stop stoking the fire of tribal hatred by blaming Fulani herdsmen angry

So who are the bandits? You better go read and enlighten yourself.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Pascal181: 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
HacheNoire:
Who questioned the killers to ascertain there occupation or a conclusion was just arrived at that they herdsmen.

What is this one saying
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
HacheNoire:

because the community don't know herdsmen grazing in their bush? I know you are a Fulani
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
SoftP:
The Governor is busy battling Oshiomole while the true killers are ravaging his state.
Politicians and their selfish desire.
I use to like this man but his misplaced priority will mess him up
so he should fight them with bare hands abi? the Yoruba set up a regional security agency to prevent stuff like this and you Fulani have been wailing ever since
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by fynn12(f): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Let us stop all this rubbish and stop dividing us in Nigeria, every killings now attributed to herdsmen.

The hatred the ibos have for herdsmen will consume them one day.

Many ibos are up North doing well and making money, yet the ones down home kept attributing all killings to herdsmen.

In as much as I condemn this dastardly act, I refuse to attribute it to the herdsmen.

Your moniker says it all you are a confirmedmumu

1 Like

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by SoftP(m): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lostz:
so he should fight them with bare hands abi? the Yoruba set up a regional security agency to prevent stuff like this and you Fulani have been wailing ever since

Will u STFU and keep ur tribal & political sentiments to ur self. u think everyone is interested in this ur so called social media war.
For ur records, I’m an Edolite and everybody knows how the political tussle has hampered development in Edo state.
Learn to quote with brains
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by sapientia(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
And the road is the government house?
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by sapientia(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

My state!!!

Wetin operation "wabaizigan" dey do na

My nigggar.
I will drop my number with you
But i won't drop my Nigeria number o
Am not sure if you are a real niggarrr yet

So i will drop an Italian or American number so you can chat me up

This nigggar set.

Confirm first abeg grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASTMA Arrests 3 Notorious 'One Chance' Robbers, Recover Operation Vehicle / India Cops Arrest Nigerian Involved In Mango Seed Fraud / Man Rapes, Impregnates And Induces Victim For Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.