Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,514 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment (23370 Views)

PDP Protests Omission Of Party Logo In Bassa/Jos North Bye-election / PDP Protests Against Lauretta Onochie's Nomination At National Assembly (Photos) / Jime: Akume Meets Father Mbaka Ahead Of Supreme Court judgement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by chukel(m): 8:10am On Jan 31, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Your continued insinuation about me knowing Ihedioha shows u r incapable of delving into things. All u have to do is check my posts to know that I am no supporter of Ihedioha or PDP. This is the ONLY instance I am on the side of PDP because this is quite simply a horrible judgment that sets dangerous precedent.

I don’t know if it is that u don’t read, I have already spelled all these out to u b4. Let me now number them to make it easier for you to comprehend:

1) ALL ELECTIONS HAVE ERRORS. That’s why you have to keep the bar for removing an incumbent high. Otherwise anyone can come up with electoral errors or connive with INEC or cook up something (as in this case), and no one’s seat would be safe. To replace an incumbent gov with a 4th-place finishing appellant needs to be just about impossible. It needs to be backed by documentary and otherwise evidence, totally above board, beyond reproach, and with multiple layers of authentication.

2) I have already told u that election turn-out rarely exceeds 60%. The fact that all Uzodinma’s units had over 90% turn-outs is enough evidence that the results inauthentic. So your asking that only the 6 units with 100+% be excluded is childish.

3) I have also already told u that courts don’t cherry pick a unit body of evidence. Your asking that only the six units be excluded is evidence of judicial illiteracy.

4) You dishonestly mentioned “Ajasin vs. Omoboriowo” when I issued the challenge below. You hoped I didn’t know the details of that case - that there is hardly any comparison between the two cases.

5) Here is the challenge again.
Don’t even limit it to only Nigeria. Mention any authentic democracy where this has ever happened!
YOU CAN’T!

Mention another instance in Nigerian judicial history where the SC ruled against all lower courts AND INEC itself in order to immediately replace a sitting governor with a 4th-place finisher - all based on clearly questionable, uncollaborated, and unauthenticated documents supplied solely by the 4th-place finisher himself!!
chukel

I think I mistakenly overrated your intelligence. You actually now sound like a bigot. Ihedioha's stronghold in mbaise recorded 100% turnout. Why didn't you call for the cancellation of the results that made him governor. It's very silly to keep mentioning "keeping bar for removal of incumbent high". Guy, hope uzodinmma is now incumbent. Kindly apply that your bar. Repeating 4th place all the time without looking at the crux of the matter shows you are irredeemably dumb. Sorry to be harsh, but that's what it is. Someone has results from 388 polling units illegally excluded and you keep touting 4th to 1st. Mention any authentic democracy where someone's results will be illegally excluded. You are really dumb. Please run off to U.N. and go report. I'm done with a retard like you. Continue in your folly. Peace.
Add: if you are sensible and fairly critical, you would have known who to blame for ihedioha's predicament. The tribunal judges he bribed. They refused to admit the evidence hope had. If they had admitted, pdp would have had a chance to counter the authenticity of the said result. But they didn't. If you really know how the law works, you won't be typing all this nonsense
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 8:26am On Jan 31, 2020
chukel:
I find the bolded laughable. You are too intelligent for this crap. Have you also considered the precedence that a contestant can collude with inec and exclude the results of another contender in order to be declared governor because according to you the bar for removing incumbent should be high? Do you even look at a case on its merit? Do you even know the origin of this case? Do you think they just go to any printer and print results and submit to a court? Do you think the 7 judges are fools? I wonder where your conscience is. Why couldn't inec produce the authentic result. Why is ihedioha not contesting that result. He is only contesting that hope isn't the rightful candidate for APC. Have you read the reason he is back at the supreme court asking for review? Have you gone through the results of that election from mbaise? Stop been sentimental and emotional. Look at this case from the merit. Major problem is that folks like you cannot reason beyond sentiments, tribalism and ethnicity. You should acquaint yourself with the workings of the court and the law and stop exhibiting intelligible ignorance.

Tribalism? What do u think is my tribe?? And sentiments? U r the one being sentimental and myopic. U r incapable of seeing beyond the immediate. U r incapable of realizing that this horrible judgment is a sure track to a one-party state.

Also u sound judicially illiterate. You keep citing things that happened outside the court. Stare Decisis is determined by COURT RULLINGS. That is what lawyers would cite in future cases. So u may find the bolded laughable, but that is exactly the precedence set by this judgement.

And stop lying, the supremes REFUSED to examine the documents and that is part of what Ihedioha lawyers are requesting in their request
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 8:50am On Jan 31, 2020
chukel:
I think I mistakenly overrated your intelligence. You actually now sound like a bigot. Ihedioha's stronghold in mbaise recorded 100% turnout. Why didn't you call for the cancellation of the results that made him governor. It's very silly to keep mentioning "keeping bar for removal of incumbent high". Guy, hope uzodinmma is now incumbent. Kindly apply that your bar. Repeating 4th place all the time without looking at the crux of the matter shows you are irredeemably dumb. Sorry to be harsh, but that's what it is. Someone has results from 388 polling units illegally excluded and you keep touting 4th to 1st. Mention any authentic democracy where someone's results will be illegally excluded. You are really dumb. Please run off to U.N. and go report. I'm done with a retard like you. Continue in your folly. Peace.
Add: if you are sensible and fairly critical, you would have known who to blame for ihedioha's predicament. The tribunal judges he bribed. They refused to admit the evidence hope had. If they had admitted, pdp would have had a chance to counter the authenticity of the said result. But they didn't. If you really know how the law works, you won't be typing all this nonsense

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY??!! Why do u refuse to be educated?! YOU DON’T REMOVE AN INCUMBENT BY PRESENTING CLEARLY FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS NO MATTER HOW THE INCUMBENT WAS ELECTED! How many senators, including a Okorocha, are there and we know they never won. But u need solid, unassailable evidence to have them removed. Not some childish documents with 200% turnouts!

Uzodinma is not an incumbent in that sense. He finished FOURTH. That’s the baseline.
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Your continued insinuation about me knowing Ihedioha shows u r incapable of delving into things. All u have to do is check my posts to know that I am no supporter of Ihedioha or PDP. This is the ONLY instance I am on the side of PDP because this is quite simply a horrible judgment that sets dangerous precedent.

I don’t know if it is that u don’t read, I have already spelled all these out to u b4. Let me now number them to make it easier for you to comprehend:

1) ALL ELECTIONS HAVE ERRORS. That’s why you have to keep the bar for removing an incumbent high. Otherwise anyone can come up with electoral errors or connive with INEC or cook up something (as in this case), and no one’s seat would be safe. To replace an incumbent gov with a 4th-place finishing appellant needs to be just about impossible. It needs to be backed by documentary and otherwise evidence, totally above board, beyond reproach, and with multiple layers of authentication.

2) I have already told u that election turn-out rarely exceeds 60%. The fact that all Uzodinma’s units had over 90% turn-outs is enough evidence that the results inauthentic. So your asking that only the 6 units with 100+% be excluded is childish.

3) I have also already told u that courts don’t cherry pick a unit body of evidence. Your asking that only the six units be excluded is evidence of judicial illiteracy.

4) You dishonestly mentioned “Ajasin vs. Omoboriowo” when I issued the challenge below. You hoped I didn’t know the details of that case - that there is hardly any comparison between the two cases.

5) Here is the challenge again.
Don’t even limit it to only Nigeria. Mention any authentic democracy where this has ever happened!
YOU CAN’T!

Mention another instance in Nigerian judicial history where the SC ruled against all lower courts AND INEC itself in order to immediately replace a sitting governor with a 4th-place finisher - all based on clearly questionable, uncollaborated, and unauthenticated documents supplied solely by the 4th-place finisher himself!!
chukel

Its obvious i cant convince you no matter how overwhelming and superior my arguments are.you are impossible and incorrigible.but many others are also reading our comments and will certainly learn from my salient legal points.

1. It i still almost impossible to remove an incumbent based on election cases at the supreme court.the last time the supreme court removed a governor based on election matters was in ondo,omoboriowo for ajasin as you know and the case was based on exclusion of results or wrong computation just like that of hope.that of zamfara and amaechi and andy ubah were pre election cases and were elementary matters.that of obi,oshiomhole,mimiko,fayemi etc were all appeal court decisions and i am 100% sure that the supreme court would have overturned these decisions if it got to them.it has always been easier to convince the lower courts to cancel an election since their own interpretation of substantial non compliance is less stringent and softer than the rigid supreme court.it is still almost impossible to remove an incumbent.you are not used to electoral matters.i wish you can go back to history.

2. talking about turnouts in court is the real judicial illiteracy.am sure that is what the defence did,building their case on quicksand.those are hearsays.you can only have a point if you prove that the turnout is more than the registered voters in those units if you use the manual register not card readers as you and inec are doing.ofcourse,hope must have reconciled the registers in most of those units to tally with his results.
Your assertions that turnouts rarely exceed 60% is false.you see,i told you that you are misguided,you think nigeria started in 2015? I was right about you.if you check nigerian elections since 1999-2012,you will see that turnout in the south south and south east are always the highest ranging from 70%-90%.rivers gave 2 million votes in 2003 out of 2.2 million votes.almost all the south east sstates except ebonyi turnout over 1 million.imo between 2003 and 2011 recorded an average of 1.1 million out of 1.5 million.abia,anambra same thing.go through my posts,i have consistently maintained that the most rigged areas are in ss and se.ofcourse these are written and conconted results but that's what the records will carry.
Please,go back to history and be properly guided.you are on a wrong footing.

3. you displayed clear illiteracy here.am sure those around you wont like to argue with you.in all election cases,the supreme court have maintained that any complains against results must be polling unit by polling unit and each unit is in a league on its own with its peculiarities.save me the stress by reading wike vs dakuku supra.
You are one of those that wrongly believed that atiku won because of irregularities in less than 100 units.am sure you also believed that because there was violence in okota,therefore there was violence in all of lagos.
Documentary and verbal evidence bar in 6 units shows that hope won.if inec has any reservations,they would have tendered both documentary and verbal proofs not just mere allegations.

4. i believed i have overflogged this part.the cases were similar bordering on excluded results during collation.you write well and legibly unlike me but your understanding and comprehension ability is poor.its a pity.its not a bad thing to concede defeat,it shows strength.

5. No 5 makes no sense.its amateurish and unreasonable.to what purpose will this comparison achieve? Before omoboriowo was removed,was there any prior removal? Are you forgetting that there's first time for everything and that records are meant to be broken? Must the status quo be maintained? No matter the irregularities involved,must the courts always affirm them? Who told you that court cases and decisions are decided only based on hierarchy in finishing? If so,why does the law not preclude every contestant from challenging an election,why not restrict it to the first runner up alone? what kind of reasoning is this? So if nwosu and araraume did not challenge,hope shouldn't have petitioned? So if nwosu and araraume had weak cases,hope should not strengthen his? if the formers couldn't benefit,why can't the latter? Nwosu had a strong case but was disqualified,this automatically killed araraume's case.hope who had a strong case on different premises simply benefited.why is it so hard to understand? Is it a relay race? Why cant you read all the different cases well before trying to find faults?

Let me summarize here.hope is an intelligent and smart fellow.he exhibited it here.he simply took advantage of the law which usually empowers inec and favours them in defending cases.the law prevents cancellation of results at polling units,he took advantage.the law presumes result sheets to be correct and regular,he took advantage.the law is usually tilted agaunst anybody challenging election result sheets,he got ahead of that.the burden of proof is usually heavy on allegations of righing at polling units but light on allegations of exclusion at collation points.inec rarely spends time in marshalling out their defence in election matters since the burden is light on them,he took advantage.inec couldn't provide any result sheet. Overvoting can only be proven using manual register not card reader,he took advantage..what is so hard to understand? Hope took advantage of these loopholes and struck at inec.the supreme court simply followed the settled and age long electoral laws.
i wish i was a mod.
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY??!! Why do u refuse to be educated?! YOU DON’T REMOVE AN INCUMBENT BY PRESENTING CLEARLY FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS NO MATTER HOW THE INCUMBENT WAS ELECTED! How many senators, including a Okorocha, are there and we know they never won. But u need solid, unassailable evidence to have them removed. Not some childish documents with 200% turnouts!

Uzodinma is not an incumbent in that sense. He finished FOURTH. That’s the baseline.
People are seeing you for who you are.you are empty.why cant you get it that result sheets and what is contained are seen by the courts as authentic and totally genuine and if you must disprove them,you do so well and inec refused to disprove them.inec was focusing on nwosu and araraume instead.form ec8a is seen by the apex court as the most solid document in election cases.

Who told you that okorocha did not win? You are so poor in research and investigation.before the brouhaha happened,okorocha had 90,000 votes,his opponent onyereri had 67,000 votes.cancelled votes was about 40,000.okorocha won 9 out of the 12 lgas in orlu.the returning officer wanted to declare it inconclusive which was the right thing to do.rochas would still have won anyway.but rochas men intercepted several phone calls from prof otunta the state collation officer and other pdp agents.instead of the results to be declared inconclysive,the senatorial rsturning officer claimed the results were missing.after a while he claimed that he needed to go to owerri.
Remember that during the apc congress and guber primaries,rochas was blindsided through a gang-up.this looked like another gang up and get did what he needed to do like any other politician.please be guided.

If you want to mention leaders that are in office that didnt win,dont include rochas.start from ikpeazu.the fault is from their opponents who had weak cases not the law
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by Naijboy: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
PDP and Igbos are too laughable, very useless shameless set of people.

APC should also protest in zamfara state.

Idiots

Have you seen your life? Did any body prevent you from protesting in Zamfara, go there and protest. It is fools like you that Nigeria is the way it is. It pains you that people are protesting the injustice done to them and you opened your rotten mouth to condemn them. If what they did to Ihedioha is good to you that same evil will follow you and your generation for life. cry cry cry
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
garfield1:

People are seeing you for who you are.you are empty.why cant you get it that result sheets and what is contained are seen by the courts as authentic and totally genuine and if you must disprove them,you do so well and inec refused to disprove them.inec was focusing on nwosu and araraume instead.form ec8a is seen by the apex court as the most solid document in election cases.

Who told you that okorocha did not win? You are so poor in research and investigation.before the brouhaha happened,okorocha had 90,000 votes,his opponent onyereri had 67,000 votes.cancelled votes was about 40,000.okorocha won 9 out of the 12 lgas in orlu.the returning officer wanted to declare it inconclusive which was the right thing to do.rochas would still have won anyway.but rochas men intercepted several phone calls from prof otunta the state collation officer and other pdp agents.instead of the results to be declared inconclysive,the senatorial rsturning officer claimed the results were missing.after a while he claimed that he needed to go to owerri.
Remember that during the apc congress and guber primaries,rochas was blindsided through a gang-up.this looked like another gang up and get did what he needed to do like any other politician.please be guided.

If you want to mention leaders that are in office that didnt win,dont include rochas.start from ikpeazu.the fault is from their opponents who had weak cases not the law

I never knew u were a total party apparatchik (u must be, to know all these details about one Okorocha). I assumed u were just another unbiased observer like myself - only concerned about my country’s trajectory.

That explains why u refuse to see the big picture. U r all about result sheets and their mandatory acceptance by courts no matter how obviously fraudulent they are!
The only curious thing though, is that the same courts u said must see them as “authentic and totally genuine” are the same courts that rejected them. SC upheld them because they refused to examine them!

But all this aside, I don’t know how it seems right to u that a court will replace a sitting gov based on documents they refuse to examine!
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
garfield1:

Its obvious i cant convince you no matter how overwhelming and superior my arguments are.you are impossible and incorrigible.but many others are also reading our comments and will certainly learn from my salient legal points.

1. It i still almost impossible to remove an incumbent based on election cases at the supreme court.the last time the supreme court removed a governor based on election matters was in ondo,omoboriowo for ajasin as you know and the case was based on exclusion of results or wrong computation just like that of hope.that of zamfara and amaechi and andy ubah were pre election cases and were elementary matters.that of obi,oshiomhole,mimiko,fayemi etc were all appeal court decisions and i am 100% sure that the supreme court would have overturned these decisions if it got to them.it has always been easier to convince the lower courts to cancel an election since their own interpretation of substantial non compliance is less stringent and softer than the rigid supreme court.it is still almost impossible to remove an incumbent.you are not used to electoral matters.i wish you can go back to history.

2. talking about turnouts in court is the real judicial illiteracy.am sure that is what the defence did,building their case on quicksand.those are hearsays.you can only have a point if you prove that the turnout is more than the registered voters in those units if you use the manual register not card readers as you and inec are doing.ofcourse,hope must have reconciled the registers in most of those units to tally with his results.
Your assertions that turnouts rarely exceed 60% is false.you see,i told you that you are misguided,you think nigeria started in 2015? I was right about you.if you check nigerian elections since 1999-2012,you will see that turnout in the south south and south east are always the highest ranging from 70%-90%.rivers gave 2 million votes in 2003 out of 2.2 million votes.almost all the south east sstates except ebonyi turnout over 1 million.imo between 2003 and 2011 recorded an average of 1.1 million out of 1.5 million.abia,anambra same thing.go through my posts,i have consistently maintained that the most rigged areas are in ss and se.ofcourse these are written and conconted results but that's what the records will carry.
Please,go back to history and be properly guided.you are on a wrong footing.

3. you displayed clear illiteracy here.am sure those around you wont like to argue with you.in all election cases,the supreme court have maintained that any complains against results must be polling unit by polling unit and each unit is in a league on its own with its peculiarities.save me the stress by reading wike vs dakuku supra.
You are one of those that wrongly believed that atiku won because of irregularities in less than 100 units.am sure you also believed that because there was violence in okota,therefore there was violence in all of lagos.
Documentary and verbal evidence bar in 6 units shows that hope won.if inec has any reservations,they would have tendered both documentary and verbal proofs not just mere allegations.

4. i believed i have overflogged this part.the cases were similar bordering on excluded results during collation.you write well and legibly unlike me but your understanding and comprehension ability is poor.its a pity.its not a bad thing to concede defeat,it shows strength.

5. No 5 makes no sense.its amateurish and unreasonable.to what purpose will this comparison achieve? Before omoboriowo was removed,was there any prior removal? Are you forgetting that there's first time for everything and that records are meant to be broken? Must the status quo be maintained? No matter the irregularities involved,must the courts always affirm them? Who told you that court cases and decisions are decided only based on hierarchy in finishing? If so,why does the law not preclude every contestant from challenging an election,why not restrict it to the first runner up alone? what kind of reasoning is this? So if nwosu and araraume did not challenge,hope shouldn't have petitioned? So if nwosu and araraume had weak cases,hope should not strengthen his? if the formers couldn't benefit,why can't the latter? Nwosu had a strong case but was disqualified,this automatically killed araraume's case.hope who had a strong case on different premises simply benefited.why is it so hard to understand? Is it a relay race? Why cant you read all the different cases well before trying to find faults?

Let me summarize here.hope is an intelligent and smart fellow.he exhibited it here.he simply took advantage of the law which usually empowers inec and favours them in defending cases.the law prevents cancellation of results at polling units,he took advantage.the law presumes result sheets to be correct and regular,he took advantage.the law is usually tilted agaunst anybody challenging election result sheets,he got ahead of that.the burden of proof is usually heavy on allegations of righing at polling units but light on allegations of exclusion at collation points.inec rarely spends time in marshalling out their defence in election matters since the burden is light on them,he took advantage.inec couldn't provide any result sheet. Overvoting can only be proven using manual register not card reader,he took advantage..what is so hard to understand? Hope took advantage of these loopholes and struck at inec.the supreme court simply followed the settled and age long electoral laws.
i wish i was a mod.

My friend make sense. Immediately Omoboriowo was declared winner by FEDECO there was pandemonium, the worst riots in Yoruba history. At least 40 people were killed, with two law makers set ablaze. Compare that to Ihedioha where Imolites were rejoicing. Also SC UPHELD the rulings of all the lower courts not overturn them on the technicality of refusing to examine documents right in front of them!

Like I said before, I never knew u were a total party apparatchik. Now I know u r not an unbiased observer like myself, there is no point continuing the discussion.

I’d only say the following in closing:

Realize that what u r supporting is removal of your right to choose your leaders, no less. Which will inevitably lead to a one-party state. Here is the precedent set by this judgment which u r supporting:

A person that comes 10th can easily be declared winner and immediately sworn in. All they’d have to do is present result sheets which the Supreme Court MUST accept no matter how outrageous and defective they may be, as long as no one can produce the originals!
That is the precedent u r supporting!

Of course, as a total party apparatchik u r incapable of seeing the big picture. You’ll always be all about technicalities and pretending not to see what is actually happening as long as it benefits your party. If this were just another case, fine. But this is a case strikes at the very core of what type of country we may end up becoming. YOU DON’T DECIDE A CASE LIKE THAT ON TECHNICALITIES OR BY PRETENDING NOT TO SEE WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

Like I said b4, this case is akin to Bush vs. Gore - knowing the importance of the case, Supreme Court not only thoroughly examined the documents, they ordered a manual recount of the actual original votes!

SC has a duty to make sure that such a momentous, unprecedented decision has solid, unassailable documentary basis?! They start doing that by thoroughly examining the documents in front of them! SC does not exist in a vacuum. This is also their country and they ought care they are setting a precedent that can gradually make the country a one-party state. Here they are, removing a gov and replacing him with a fourth-place finishing appellant based solely on a set of uncollaborated documents supplied solely by the appellant. Regardless of what anyone else submits or fails to submit, they have a DUTY to EXAMINE those documents to make sure they are up to par and that the figures therein make sense vis-a-vis number of registered and accredited voters! That is how it is done! And that is why you’ve never had a judgment like this before!

Note: not only were the childish documents full of ridiculous figures, they were incomplete, full of smudges and alterations, and only APC and PDP results were legible!
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I never knew u were a total party apparatchik (u must be, to know all these details about one Okorocha). I assumed u were just another unbiased observer like myself - only concerned about my country’s trajectory.

That explains why u refuse to see the big picture. U r all about result sheets and their mandatory acceptance by courts no matter how obviously fraudulent they are!
The only curious thing though, is that the same courts u said must see them as “authentic and totally genuine” are the same courts that rejected them. SC upheld them because they refused to examine them!

But all this aside, I don’t know how it seems right to u that a court will replace a sitting gov based on documents they refuse to examine!
Guy,for now the laws gives regularity and correctness to any result sheet.the tribunal which has the major duty of examining them did so and found no fault with it and the supreme court followed same.pdp did not raise any alarm in court.if i produce any fake document in court and you are silent about it,the court will also be silent.it is the responsibility of the accuser to prove.remember an accused is innocent until proven guilty not by the judge but the accusers.ruling against it without proper rebuttal is completely going against the law.the law also makes it mandatory for the judges not to spot any error except those identified and pointed out by the defence team.

In summary,our electoral laws are largely archaic.the nass need to amend or make new laws.the supreme court will always stand according to laws no matter how ridiculous or archaic they are.
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by IceDog66: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

My friend make sense. Immediately Omoboriowo was declared winner by FEDECO there was pandemonium, the worst riots in Yoruba history. At least 40 people were killed, with two law makers set ablaze. Compare that to Ihedioha where Imolites were rejoicing. Also SC UPHELD the rulings of all the lower courts not overturn them on the technicality of refusing to examine documents right in front of them!

Like I said before, I never knew u were a total party apparatchik. Now I know u r not an unbiased observer like myself, there is no point continuing the discussion.

I’d only say the following in closing:

Realize that what u r supporting is removal of your right to choose your leaders, no less. Which will inevitably lead to a one-party state. Here is the precedent set by this judgment which u r supporting:

A person that comes 10th can easily be declared winner and immediately sworn in. All they’d have to do is present result sheets which the Supreme Court MUST accept no matter how outrageous and defective they may be, as long as no one can produce the originals!
That is the precedent u r supporting!

Of course, as a total party apparatchik u r incapable of seeing the big picture. You’ll always be all about technicalities and pretending not to see what is actually happening as long as it benefits your party. If this were just another case, fine. But this is a case strikes at the very core of what type of country we may end up becoming. YOU DON’T DECIDE A CASE LIKE THAT ON TECHNICALITIES OR BY PRETENDING NOT TO SEE WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

Like I said b4, this case is akin to Bush vs. Gore - knowing the importance of the case, Supreme Court not only thoroughly examined the documents, they ordered a manual recount of the actual original votes!

SC has a duty to make sure that such a momentous, unprecedented decision has solid, unassailable documentary basis?! They start doing that by thoroughly examining the documents in front of them! SC does not exist in a vacuum. This is also their country and they ought care they are setting a precedent that can gradually make the country a one-party state. Here they are, removing a gov and replacing him with a fourth-place finishing appellant based solely on a set of uncollaborated documents supplied solely by the appellant. Regardless of what anyone else submits or fails to submit, they have a DUTY to EXAMINE those documents to make sure they are up to par and that the figures therein make sense vis-a-vis number of registered and accredited voters! That is how it is done! And that is why you’ve never had a judgment like this before!

Note: not only were the childish documents full of ridiculous figures, they were incomplete, full of smudges and alterations, and only APC and PDP results were legible!
Oga,your reasons are valid morally but legally invalid and baseless unlike mine and that of the apex court.you were talking from a layman angle which is okay but the electoral act states otherwise.this settles it.welcome to our electoral system
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 4:24am On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Oga,your reasons are valid morally but legally invalid and baseless unlike mine and that of the apex court.you were talking from a layman angle which is okay but the electoral act states otherwise.this settles it.welcome to our electoral system

As a party apparatchik I’m sure u r aware PDP won the rerun recently held in Hope’s “stronghold” where he got 99.99% of the votes with 100+% voter turn-out!
AND
Here is the judgment u are up all night defending. You’d think even a party operative would have some limits!

Vanguard. Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Imo Guber: How Supreme court erred in computation of results

*Declared more votes than accredited voters
*Failed to interrogate petitioners’ evidence
*Avoided mentioning figures in a written judgment

Facts have emerged that the Supreme Court failed to do a thorough mathematical computation of the results of the election but relied only on the wrong computations submitted by Sen. Hope Uzodinma to declare him the duly-elected governor of Imo State...

Both the EPT and the Appeal Court dismissed the petition for lacking in merit

By relying on the faulty tabulation made by Sen. Uzodinma, the Supreme Court arrived at a figure of 950,952 total votes cast at the election, which is more than the total votes cast at the election totalling 823,743.

This gave rise to 127,209 excess votes at the election as affirmed by the Supreme Court, which all through avoided mentioning figures regarding the votes cast for the disputants or the total registered voters and valid and invalid votes in the judgment.
Basher8584
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 8:38am On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

As a party apparatchik I’m sure u r aware PDP won the rerun recently held in Hope’s “stronghold” where he got 99.99% of the votes with 100+% voter turn-out!
AND
Here is the judgment u are up all night defending. You’d think even a party operative would have some limits!

Vanguard. Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Imo Guber: How Supreme court erred in computation of results

*Declared more votes than accredited voters
*Failed to interrogate petitioners’ evidence
*Avoided mentioning figures in a written judgment

Facts have emerged that the Supreme Court failed to do a thorough mathematical computation of the results of the election but relied only on the wrong computations submitted by Sen. Hope Uzodinma to declare him the duly-elected governor of Imo State...

Both the EPT and the Appeal Court dismissed the petition for lacking in merit

By relying on the faulty tabulation made by Sen. Uzodinma, the Supreme Court arrived at a figure of 950,952 total votes cast at the election, which is more than the total votes cast at the election totalling 823,743.

This gave rise to 127,209 excess votes at the election as affirmed by the Supreme Court, which all through avoided mentioning figures regarding the votes cast for the disputants or the total registered voters and valid and invalid votes in the judgment.
Basher8584
I wonder why they have not banned you up till now.once again,you have disgraced yourself by displaying poor knowledge of current happenings.the rerun was not in the entire constituency,it was only in 20 polling units and the pdp candidate was already leading with 3000 votes going to the rerun.the most annoying thing is that you are empty yet you dont accept that fact,you stubbornly surge ahead in ignorance embarrassing yourself in this esteemed public space.have some shame boy
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

I wonder why they have not banned you up till now.once again,you have disgraced yourself by displaying poor knowledge of current happenings.the rerun was not in the entire constituency,it was only in 20 polling units and the pdp candidate was already leading with 3000 votes going to the rerun.the most annoying thing is that you are empty yet you dont accept that fact,you stubbornly surge ahead in ignorance embarrassing yourself in this esteemed public space.have some shame boy

The old “If u have no argument insult the plaintiff”! cheesy
U r lucky they don’t ban people for being obtuse.

HOW DID PDP GET 3000 VOTES AND ULTIMATELY WIN IN AREA HOPE GOT 99.99% OF THE VOTES??!!

After u answer that we’d sit down and decide who is embarrassing whom.
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The old “If u have no argument insult the plaintiff”! cheesy
U r lucky they don’t ban people for being obtuse.

HOW DID PDP GET 3000 VOTES AND ULTIMATELY WIN IN AREA HOPE GOT 99.99% OF THE VOTES??!!

After u answer that we’d sit down and decide who is embarrassing whom.
In that same rerun in cross river,a certain alex egbona of apc polled 11,000 to pdp's 400 meanwhile in the presidential and guber polls,pdp won that same area.
How did pdp almost win ganduje in kano where buhari cleared? How did bala mohammed win bauchi where buhari cleared? Are you so stagnant to realize that voters can prefer one party in one election and another in a different contest? Ever heard of freedom of voting? Someone like you will never succeed in court,you will lose even before the court starts sitting since you believe in going to court without any evidence.rubbish
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

In that same rerun in cross river,a certain alex egbona of apc polled 11,000 to pdp's 400 meanwhile in the presidential and guber polls,pdp won that same area.
How did pdp almost win ganduje in kano where buhari cleared? How did bala mohammed win bauchi where buhari cleared? Are you so stagnant to realize that voters can prefer one party in one election and another in a different contest? Ever heard of freedom of voting? Someone like you will never succeed in court,you will lose even before the court starts sitting since you believe in going to court without any evidence.rubbish

You know, I can’t believe u r arguing this with a straight face.
Someone got 99.99% of 100% voter turnout, and here u r defending it with “freedom of voting”!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

You know, I can’t believe u r arguing this with a straight face.
Someone got 99.99% of 100% voter turnout, and here u r defending it with “freedom of voting”!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Mere childish allegations.what sort of an irrational,illogical,untrained,quarter baked fellow are you? Why all the wild claims? In the backstreet tertiary institute you graduated from,were you not taught about backing your assertions and claims with sources? You are the kind of leader that will lead his men to a massacre like colonel custer
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Mere childish allegations.what sort of an irrational,illogical,untrained,quarter baked fellow are you? Why all the wild claims? In the backstreet tertiary institute you graduated from,were you not taught about backing your assertions and claims with sources? You are the kind of leader that will lead his men to a massacre like colonel custer

Allegations?
I was hoping even a party operative would have a bit of shame. Find out what percentage of 819 is 7. After that have a bit of self respect and drop this - whatever they are paying you is not worth consistently making a total fool of yourself.

“The Guardian obtained a certified-true-copy of the record of the appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Uzodinma and APC...

For instance, on figure number 69 which shows votes cast at Eziama/Okpala (Umualum Village Square, Eziama), the total number of registered voters was 492, whereas the table shows that the APC scored 819 votes and PDP scored 7 votes, meaning that 334 more votes than the registered voters were recorded, apart from the votes polled by the other candidates at the election that were not shown on the table.

Similarly, on page 22 of the petition referencing polling unit 282, the number of registered voters was put at 591, whereas the tabulation shows that APC polled 586 votes and PDP nine votes, indicating a total of four votes higher than the registered number of voters. This, again, excluded the votes scored by the other candidates.

On the same page 22 of the record, at the polling unit 285 (Obudi/Aro, Central Assembly Square, Unusable 11) with 449 registered voters, APC was credited with 780 votes and PDP with four votes, leaving a total of 335 votes higher than the actual number of registered voters.

Figures obtained from page 79 of the record of appeal under item 384 show that APC scored 526 votes, while PDP was credited with two votes, and the total votes cast was put at 526, indicating two votes higher than the total number registered voters in the area.”
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Allegations?
I was hoping even a party operative would have a bit of shame. Find out what percentage of 819 is 7. After that have a bit of self respect and drop this - whatever they are paying you is not worth consistently making a total fool of yourself.

“The Guardian obtained a certified-true-copy of the record of the appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Uzodinma and APC...

For instance, on figure number 69 which shows votes cast at Eziama/Okpala (Umualum Village Square, Eziama), the total number of registered voters was 492, whereas the table shows that the APC scored 819 votes and PDP scored 7 votes, meaning that 334 more votes than the registered voters were recorded, apart from the votes polled by the other candidates at the election that were not shown on the table.

Similarly, on page 22 of the petition referencing polling unit 282, the number of registered voters was put at 591, whereas the tabulation shows that APC polled 586 votes and PDP nine votes, indicating a total of four votes higher than the registered number of voters. This, again, excluded the votes scored by the other candidates.

On the same page 22 of the record, at the polling unit 285 (Obudi/Aro, Central Assembly Square, Unusable 11) with 449 registered voters, APC was credited with 780 votes and PDP with four votes, leaving a total of 335 votes higher than the actual number of registered voters.

Figures obtained from page 79 of the record of appeal under item 384 show that APC scored 526 votes, while PDP was credited with two votes, and the total votes cast was put at 526, indicating two votes higher than the total number registered voters in the area.”
Rubbish.go back to yabaleft where you belong.your nurse is looking for you
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Allegations?

The Guardian obtained a certified-true-copy of the record of the appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Uzodinma and APC...

[b]For instance, on figure number 69 which shows votes cast at Eziama/Okpala (Umualum Village Square, Eziama), the total number of registered voters was 492, whereas the table shows that the APC scored 819 votes and PDP scored 7 votes, meaning that 334 more votes than the registered voters were recorded, apart from the votes polled by the other candidates at the election that were not shown on the table.

Figures obtained from page 79 of the record of appeal under item 384 show that APC scored 526 votes, while PDP was credited with two votes, and the total votes cast was put at 526, indicating two votes higher than the total number registered voters in the area.[/b]”

you have posted the bold over 100 times.only a paid agent will do this.you are clearly unstable in the topmost levers
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

you have posted the bold over 100 times.only a paid agent will do this.you are clearly unstable in the topmost levers

No, that’s simply how I roll. Once I pick up an issue I keep reposting till it gets into a thick skull like yours shocked
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

No, that’s simply how I roll. Once I pick up an issue I keep reposting till it gets into a thick skull like yours shocked
Let me help direct you back to yabaleft.your room is called canada grin cheesy
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Let me help direct you back to yabaleft.your room is called canada grin cheesy

Why do u have at least 2 monikers? U ain’t fooling nobody
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by garfield1: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Why do u have at least 2 monikers? U ain’t fooling nobody
Ihedioha induced hallucination.continue dreaming of canada
Re: PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment by CanadaOrBust: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Ihedioha induced hallucination.continue dreaming of canada

Fvck Ihedioha. Him and PDP both. Fvck APC too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Most Powerful/Brave Tribes In Nigeria * / El-Rufai: Kaduna Better After Ending Tradition Of Muslim-Christian Leadership / Atiku Slams Buhari: "You Have No Business, Not An Employer Of Labour" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.