Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? (13429 Views)

Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms / Since The Indians Are Taking Away So Much Jobs From Nigerians In Nigeria / Ericsson Moves To Sack Nigerian Employees, Hire Indians As Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by BigB11(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2007
Posted by denex:
stop discussing this issue O! Are you not aware that some people are only here to win arguments

It's not about winning an argument, infact this isn't an argument, this is a sensible discussion among intelligent Nigerians who care about tomorrow.
Yes, Nigerians do not have what it takes to compete effectively, but we should identify solutions and get government attention to make things right.
We can not continue to allow this to take place in Nigeria. It's time to elevate educational standard, implement job training and motivate investors to have confidence in Nigerians.

We can not plant defective seed and expect miracle to happen when it's time to harvest.
Let us be less ignorant and together plant a solid foundation for the sake of tomorrow.

It's all about tomorrow!

BIG UP to my man,degoat; one love.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by denex: 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2007
Em, I think you should be directing this advice to the individual who's boasting about winning arguments.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by BigB11(m): 4:15am On Jun 18, 2007
Posted by degoat
I had a very interesting discussion regarding this topic with couple of Nigerian business owners last night.

Summary of the discussion:
Mr.A confirmed that he's ready to provide job opportunities to Nigerians as long as the senior managers are foreigners. His reasons for this "Nigerians do not respect one another, they prefer the command to come from a foreigner with  brighter skin colour" Mr.A also added that if you want your business to be successful, all the senior managers must be foreigners. (80% of his employees are Nigerians)

Mr.B confirmed that he doesn't believe in doing business with Nigerians in general. He stated that this group of people can not be trusted under any circumstances. He also added that he had lost so much in the past because of deals with Nigerians. He prefers to pay double to bring oyinbo back to Nigeria to run his businesses. He stated that this is the only way you can be successful as a business man in Nigeria. He gets more government contracts because of these foreigners and he will never change his business policy (no Nigerians). Excluding the drivers and cleaners the only 10 Nigerians out of 450 employees are his brothers and sisters.

Mr.C confirmed that he refuses to employ foreigners and things have been going well for him so far. Eventhough, 60% of his employees are Nigerians that studied in United States of America, while the rest are home made Nigerians. He admires everyone of his employees. He stated that they are honest, intelligent, dedicated and make things happen in a big way. They are in the process of introducing the 6th branch in Abuja less than 7 years in business. He said, he doesn't see or know anything special a foreigner can do that a Nigerian can not do better, Honesty and Dedication are the priceless factors. Anything else can be learned or thought.

@degoat: Very very interesting!
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by iromax: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
Hello Niger!!! brothers and Sisters

This is in response to Seun’s comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seun , Which part of Nigeria do you reside , I am not so surprise of your comment anyway , because we have a lot of ignorant people like you in Nigeria that will never accept or say the truth and that’s one of the reason why

Wake up and smell the coffee, I’ve been discriminated in my own country so I know exactly where Big is coming from

So please if you don’t have anything constructive to comment just keep Quiet

Keep real
God Bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? / Who Is Your Role Model? / Cross River SUBEB Chairman Locks Out Directors, Other Staff For Lateness(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.