Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos (76542 Views)

Wizkid Meets Burna Boy's Sister & Mother In Dubai (video) / Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by irunoko(m): 9:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lcf69:
Kidjo stop rubbing it in naa bc,e suppose Don do by now... Pinned.
how's she rubbing it in?

This woman is too matured and free spirited than all these childish bs you're yapping about.abi you think she's like your regular 20 something year old musician?
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by TundeCole(m): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
YorubaPrince:
If it's not Yoruba, it's not good enough! angry Dere fada joor! angry

It's ONLY Yorubas that win Nobel Laureates, Grammys, World Champions (Boxing UFC etc...), Oscars etc... cool

Yoruba 4 Life! cool

Ori e ti daru grin grin grin grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by WarriAproko: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
DaddySoftapple:
Alright let us do this.

Like for Angelique, share for Burna boy.

If i can get 5000 likes, i will share five thousand naira each to 100 people in this thread.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.
ashawo man still come here
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by joshishi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
its los angeles not Lagos

fake news everywhere

naijapalaba.com for better news
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hotfreez:

Shut up.
Apart from Yorubas, mention another part of Nigeria which has produced a single Grammy winner. Meanwhile, Yorubas from Nigeria alone have 13.

Hakeem Séríkí, a Yoruba gangan drummer has 2 Grammys and you're here talking trash.
calm down brother mi.u really don't have to be abusive before u make ur point.

I am a typical Yoruba boy buh the way you folks are acting here pisses me off.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Momonpe Omo ale nio latile, sungbon mionisoroju, nitori tiabani kawo oriledeyii dada Omo Yoruba lopoju nidi yawu yawo afipa gbowolowo, ni iyo orun nigiriya awon ni won n gbe onje bi ewa, ata, alubosa, isu, ati bebelo wa funwas, ni ariwa nijiriya awon na n gbiyanju Lori agbelero bi, bata, aso, ike, bagi, ati bebelo, dakun so funmi kini iwuri awa Omo Yoruba?

beeni o ri.oro to mu opolo wa ni e so yen.moti ma n so ni opolopo igba pe....ti nijiria ba pinya Loni Omo Yoruba yio jeya lopolopo ni pa ti ounje

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by NCBMEDIA: 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
Watch"Funeral After Massive Helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant,13 Yrs old Daughter + 7 others"

Watch : https://www.youtube.com/embed/yBY6lFN2nmk

1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Momonpe Omo ale nio latile, sungbon mionisoroju, nitori tiabani kawo oriledeyii dada Omo Yoruba lopoju nidi yawu yawo afipa gbowolowo, ni iyo orun nigiriya awon ni won n gbe onje bi ewa, ata, alubosa, isu, ati bebelo wa funwas, ni ariwa nijiriya awon na n gbiyanju Lori agbelero bi, bata, aso, ike, bagi, ati bebelo, dakun so funmi kini iwuri awa Omo Yoruba?
must all the people in a tribe or a country be known for doing one thing? dt is an extremely stupid and unsustainable idea. The idea that someone does a successful business and then all the adults rush into it is actually due to a lack of education. what is America known for? what is the UK known for? how can a country be made up of just traders or farmers. There are meant to be diverse roles in a society. Yorubas are farmers, artisans, artistes, business owners, traders, industrialists, musicians, professionals .etc. doing extremely well in each field they focus on. The moment Nigeria splits is when u will see the flaw in that ur model. You can't see it yet.

4 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by byinks(f): 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
My mama..

1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Isoduwa(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
hidhrhis:
I really love this woman not all the quack female Musician we have in Nigeria
aunty tiwa and yemi alade I greet una

Na me greet them pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by etcsines: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Gbengee: 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=y3mi post=86266945]STFU! How dare you place Burna Boy in a category of greatness with Angelique Kidjo. Just as I said HEREWhile the likes of Burna Boy rides on the legacy of a legendary African as he churns out music that bear no revolutionary connection with the legendary African icon, spewing senseless lyrics drivels that neither reawakens the black consciousness, revolutionary thoughts, nor speak up to the oppressors of our time, Angelique Kidjo keep the ember of what makes us African alive with original musicals that are rife with roots culture and folk tradition. Not that one who's a sad combo of confusing elements. No hating, just been R3A

What is this one spewing So you are wiser than Grammy that nominate him. All i see from your statement is bitterness and hatred.
Am very sure you've never even listening to the album cos if you have you will never type this trash.
Burna that a SAN make reference to on national TV for historical revolutionary song (another story).

When i see your name I shake my head, this is typical of Yoruba race, hatred and jelous for there kinsmen shioor.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Lcf69(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=irunoko post=86272501] how's she rubbing it in?

This woman is too matured and free spirited than all these childish bs you're yapping about.abi you think she's like your regular 20 something year old musician?[/quote
]
My Dear,For me,my household n for every Burna Boy's Fans wordwide that,craved,wished n hoped for him to Win,it's actually a prolonged emotional stress for us All... Pinned.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 01, 2020
She's awesome.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by sweetgala(m): 2:43am On Feb 01, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
Ife ile
Ile ife ,ife ile ile ife
Ife Ile ile ife ...loyiloyiyo ahaarh kima ...axxx agoro
Loyiloyiyo aahaarh.....agoro

Burnaboy my portharcourt brother go n sitdown Biko cheesy

Like for Agoro crooner(kidjo)

Share for ewa musician( burna)

Burnaboy has never protrayed our portharcourt heritage like Duncan mighty ,wacumzy and Mr Nice teeth( I don't know his name)

All burna does is Yoruba ,Yoruba and more yorubas ... yorubaprince y?

I think I've read burns has some yoruba mix in him

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Doyenro23(m): 2:51am On Feb 01, 2020
Alright let us do this.

Like for Angelique, share for Burna boy.

If i can get 5000 likes, i will share five thousand naira each to 100 people in this thread.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

Is this one normal he carried ashawo bear palour behavior come better topic tongue
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 01, 2020
WaleFoto:

you kidding ryt now?
Angelique kidjo has fluent Yoruba?
She is gud, no doubt but the fluent Yoruba, abegii
have u ever watch her speak... Stop spitting crap
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2020
It seems burna no too like this her visit..he just had to flow.,... I saw little sense in what Naomi Campbell said about academy criteria for choice of song.
I love Angelique and her "philosophical" songs....just that this visit may appear as a compensation visit...

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Truthbites: 6:10am On Feb 01, 2020
YorubaPrince:
If it's not Yoruba, it's not good enough! angry Dere fada joor! angry

It's ONLY Yorubas that win Nobel Laureates, Grammys, World Champions (Boxing UFC etc...), Oscars etc... cool

Yoruba 4 Life! cool

And Fela never won? They didn't nominate Wizkid, Davido , Olamide, Naira Marley n co? I beg receive sense
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Truthbites: 6:15am On Feb 01, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...he wants to be more Yoruba than the real yoruba stars like wande coal ,wizkid ....

That's y Naomi Campbell said he is uneducated ,wizkid n wande coal are the legend of the westside ,because they are real with wat dey do , not this mosquito voice Yoruba pretender like burna am from portharcourt 2 ,

FYI info we portharcourt citizens love wizkid , wande ,9ice Duncan Dan him

Another lifeless Dullard spotted. Naomi never said Burna Boy was uneducated, she meant the Grammy Board.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by irunoko(m): 6:32am On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=Lcf69 post=86275700][/quote] pele
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by ideylaff: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2020
CaptainFM1:

It's because she knows she doesn't deserve the award.

Which award. Lol .Thats her 4th Grammy if you will like to know
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by xaggar(m): 7:12am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:

This is so true. O ti ni loju gbaa. Baba Awolowo gbiyanju gidi fun wa, sugbon awon omo wa ti wa ya ipanle/area boys kale bayi.

Ile iwe, won ko lo mo.

Afi ki won ma rin regbe regbe kiri oju titi, ki won maa darapo mo egbe okunkun.

O ma se o.

Oluwa a ko wa mo se.

This thing can pain!
When I thought i was about to read an English comment only to see "O ti ni loju gbaa. Baba Awolowo gbiyanju gidi fun wa, sugbon awon omo wa ti wa ya ipanle/area boys kale bayi"

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Hotfreez: 8:12am On Feb 01, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

calm down brother mi.u really don't have to be abusive before u make ur point.

I am a typical Yoruba boy buh the way you folks are acting here pisses me off.

Let it piss you off, I don't care.
Those fools constantly Yorubas and you see nothing wrong with that cos of political correctness.

I would constantly put the fear of God in the hearts those savages. If you're not comfortable with that, take a hike.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Lcf69(m): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2020
irunoko:
pele
Tnx Oga bc,it wasn't easy n we jst wanted Burna to Win n Excel...
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2020
xaggar:

This thing can pain!
When I thought i was about to read an English comment only to see "O ti ni loju gbaa. Baba Awolowo gbiyanju gidi fun wa, sugbon awon omo wa ti wa ya ipanle/area boys kale bayi"

Lol. Sorry. I wrote some in English now.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:03am On Feb 01, 2020
Hotfreez:

Let it piss you off, I don't care.
Those fools constantly Yorubas and you see nothing wrong with that cos of political correctness.

I would constantly put the fear of God in the hearts those savages. If you're not comfortable with that, take a hike.
lol....continue then.your reward cometh
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by irunoko(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lcf69:

Tnx Oga bc,it wasn't easy n we jst wanted Burna to Win n Excel...
burna is still a winner.he however needs to go back to studio and focus on CONTENT AND QUALITY. Instead of number of sales
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kallmerb:
So much love her fluent yoruba.... Any country or tribe mixed with Nigeria blood is always superb...

Oyah beat me grin

She doesn't have Nigerian blood,her mother is from the yoruba speaking part of Benin Republic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sexy Photos Of Roseline Meurer: Tonto Dikeh Accused Her Of Sleeping With Husband / Babatunde Omidina 'Baba Suwe' Is Dead / Video Of Jane Emoka Lesbian Sex Leaks, Lady Behind Miss Anambra Cucumber Sextape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.