Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos (76498 Views)

Wizkid Meets Burna Boy's Sister & Mother In Dubai (video) / Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Made4naijalove: 10:37am On Jan 31, 2020
Angelique Kidjo, who is in Lagos, was filmed chatting animatedly with Burna Boy and his mother Bose Ogulu.

In the video, Angelique, who beat Burna to win the Best World Music Album at the 62nd Grammy Awards, is seen excitedly talking while Burna and Mama Burna smiled and listened intently.

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-wLV05018o

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Lcf69(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2020
Kidjo stop rubbing it in naa bc,e suppose Don do by now... Pinned.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 31, 2020
So much love her fluent yoruba.... Any country or tribe mixed with Nigeria blood is always superb...

Oyah beat me grin

218 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by hidhrhis(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2020
I really love this woman not all the quack female Musician we have in Nigeria
aunty tiwa and yemi alade I greet una

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
Alright let us do this.

Like for Angelique, share for Burna boy.

If i can get 5000 likes, i will share five thousand naira each to 100 people in this thread.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

176 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Colorado1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
DaddySoftapple:
Alright let us do this.

If i can get 5000 likes, i will share five thousand naira each to 100 people in this thread.

Ur brain is leaking

318 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Iyiataata92: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mama Burna get swag oo

24 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by omobacyprus(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
DaddySoftapple:
Alright let us do this.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
hidhrhis:
I wanted to give you one million likes for this comment, but I just realized I cannot.. see woman wey sabi sing Dey free with people. Then our panpangolo female musician go Dey form. They cannot Even feature themselves.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
hidhrhis:
How can u compare pple dt just got signed in this past decade to someone dt released her 1st album in 1981 when aunty tiwa was 1 yr old?

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Charmingrascal(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
DaddySoftapple:
Alright let us do this.

Have you eaten to 2day?

30 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Dreyl(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
She's a legend and will continue to be, she deserves the award than burna boy.

10 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by superior1: 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
Probably cooking a collaboration.
Kidjo is partly Yoruba and Nigerian too

13 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Kendumazy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by nairalee(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Burna Boy will soon baptize you with Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by YorubaPrince: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
If it's not Yoruba, it's not good enough! angry Dere fada joor! angry

It's ONLY Yorubas that win Nobel Laureates, Grammys, World Champions (Boxing UFC etc...), Oscars etc... cool

Yoruba 4 Life! cool

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by WandaNara: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ye
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Donaldoni: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Bose ke... shocked
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by husbandsnatcha(f): 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ife ile
Ile ife ,ife ile ile ife
Ife Ile ile ife ...loyiloyiyo ahaarh kima ...axxx agoro
Loyiloyiyo aahaarh.....agoro

Burnaboy my portharcourt brother go n sitdown Biko cheesy

Like for Agoro crooner(kidjo)

Share for ewa musician( burna)

Burnaboy has never protrayed our portharcourt heritage like Duncan mighty ,wacumzy and Mr Nice teeth( I don't know his name)

All burna does is Yoruba ,Yoruba and more yorubas ... yorubaprince y?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
TWO AFRICAN GREATS........with a proud mother behind the scene!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by sEGXY2(m): 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Y'all noticed how she rated Burna over others in that category, its an indication of great things to come for Burna. A Grammy winner spots a potential Grammy winner. Burna just has to remain humble and learn from her wealth of experience.

21 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by Hotfreez: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
West Side is the best side

Anjelique Kidjo ọmọ ìyá mi, ọmọ Yorùbá rere. Kaabo sì ìpínlè Ẹ̀kọ́ ni ilé Oodua.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by opalu: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
Okay
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by chukwugoziegi: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
Humble woman

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by y3mi(m): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
post=86266911]TWO AFRICAN GREATS........with a proud mother behind the scene![/quote]STFU! How dare you place Burna Boy in a category of greatness with Angelique Kidjo. Just as I said HERE

While the likes of Burna Boy rides on the legacy of a legendary African as he churns out music that bear no revolutionary connection with the legendary African icon, spewing senseless lyrics drivels that neither reawakens the black consciousness, revolutionary thoughts, nor speak up to the oppressors of our time, Angelique Kidjo keep the ember of what makes us African alive with original musicals that are rife with roots culture and folk tradition. Not that one who's a sad combo of confusing elements. No hating, just been R3AL!

[quote author=hidhrhis
:
Just like their male counterpart here, the females artistes rely on sex appeal to push their bland stuff. Not that's a bad thing but why all the times and no back up with sensible musical video concepts and quality lyrics borne of wisdom and intellect.

12 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
What do they all have in common ? Music and Yorubaness !

20 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by tot(f): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
One Africa!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by ogbonti: 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=omobacyprus post=86261845][/quote]

this your picture shows how Rotimi Amaechi would have looked like if he was a poor English teacher at Abonema - but politics rescued him grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo Meets Burna Boy And His Mother In Lagos by YorubaPrince: 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
chukwugoziegi:
Humble woman

Cuz she's Yoruba NOT, Igbo! grin Yorubas are brought up to be humble no matter their level of success UNLIKE some mofo chest-beaters. grin

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Babatunde Omidina 'Baba Suwe' Is Dead / Gentle Jack With His Wife And Son. (photos) / Sexy Photos Of Roseline Meurer: Tonto Dikeh Accused Her Of Sleeping With Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.