Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (10531 Views)

Poll: Is David marks appointment good for Nigeria

Yes: 28% (25 votes)
No.: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

APC Congratulates David Mark As Own Candidate, Daniel Onjeh, Protests / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters / David Mark As A Military Officer (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Menyi: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2007
Hi nairalanders. i find it rather so surprising that people of so much intellect would reason this way. Let me start with the "telephone is not for the poor" stuff. Have you guys ever bothered to ask yourself the salary scale at that time? How many persons could afford stuffs like a VCR (video cassette recorder), how many could afford TV sets How many Nigerians were driving sleek cars at that time. This things were obviously beyond the reach  of the common man. To be frank, were this things affordable at that time just as they are now? obviously no. Things are a lot better than those days and i bet you would not have said anything different.

For your information. His people adore him, because he has consistently shown them great leadership. he has always emphasised human development and have taken bold steps towards achieving same.

I can go on and on, The man is just the best thing that happened to the third senate of the fourth republic.

ALL HAIL THE SENATE PRESIDENT
ALL HAIL DAVID ALECHENU BONAVENTURE MARK!
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Razorr(f): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
Menyi, it seems you're close to the man. Can you hook me up? wink I'm from his village o! grin grin
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by mukina2: 3:06pm On Jun 06, 2007
Razorr:

Menyi, it seems you're close to the man. Can you hook me up?  wink  I'm from his village o!  grin   grin

cry angry angry tongue
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by otokx(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
I Love my country
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by bigspif(m): 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2007
I reliably learnt that he didnt even win the election in his ward that it was one Young Alhaji that won that seat and was announced winner in the state only for another announcement to come from Villa that David Mark won and should be given the mandate (what a shame).
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by obyann(f): 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2007
God will he us (Nigerians)

, David Mark as Minister for Communication under his God father Babangida  stole so much money to that he bought a golf course for 40 million pounds in the UK or Ireland.

@Menyi
are you telling us he is a changed person now?, that his people now adore him? If so, more grease to his elbows.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by flakey94: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2007
I don't know why we expect any better from these recycled politicians!!
People has it occured to you that if anything happens to Twedledee and Twedledum i mean Yar Adua and Jonathan , David Mark becomes President!!!
If the guy is as crooked as we say he can actually make it happen,

then we should worry, for now there is nothing new under the sun
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by obyann(f): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2007
@Razzorr
Well, I'm happy because the guy is from my village. He's Idoma (Otukpo, Benue State).

Being my village man, I hope he'll have plenty of government contracts for me o! Or maybe a political appointment.

David Mark, I hope you're listening.

I hope you are praying for this your Idoma man. After stealing our money during Babangida's regime. Its better for him to repent before EFCC willl start running after him. He better be another Ken Nnamani instead of David Mark.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by tasiana(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2007
Which Way Nigeria cry cry cry
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by vivienne(f): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2007
@Razzorr
Well, I'm happy because the guy is from my village. He's Idoma (Otukpo, Benue State). I didn't know you an Idoma girl, goood to know. Wadaup sis?

Razorr:

I just want to be his 'personal' assistant! grin grin
too bad its already taken. by moi tongue grin
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Razorr(f): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2007
Wow Viv, nice to meet you. Do you know I've never met anyone from that state? shocked I've been in Lagos all my life. sad

vivienne:

too bad its already taken. by moi tongue grin

Yea right. . . Keep dreaming. grin grin
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by degoat: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2007
It is just a game for only smart Nigerians. Rankadede to IBB!
Where is Mr Big B?
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by seun001(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2007
u people dont know anything,this guy is obasanjo's frontsman,he supported obasanjo's third third bid and he is really anti people as he considers civilians non-entities.also think he is a check against yar'adua.if yar'adua start misbehaving,then mark threatens him.i think he will probably be more powerful then the president himself.we are in for a big tussle.cheers
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by lakeside4love(m): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2007
Who knows, Mark might just impeach the dull president n become president himself

Am just saying ooo
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by spanga(m): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2007
HI nairalanders, i wonder all the fuss. Have we forgotten that a rotten process can never produce men of honor & integrity. The unfortunate thing about democracy is that it sometimes overlooks rationality and the majority always have their way no matter how wrong they are.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by warfarian(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION IS THE CONTINUATION of the last demonic one headed by Obasanjo and co
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by warfarian(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2007
The politicians we have here in nigeria today are all looters, they are here to frustrate visions and ambitions out of us, notin good can come out of them, no matter ehat they say, no matter their promises and pretense, they r notin but empty vessles and demonic agents scattered all over the country.

heeeyyyyyyyyyy, i weep for this country, when will all these b over, can some 1 give his or her opinion on what we need to do!!!!!!!!plssssss

gaawwwwwd!,, why us!
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by isho: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2007
why nigeria?why are we so forgetful?are we going to live with scar of nepotism and inepititude for live? a minister in the God forsaken government of Babangida presiding over our senate. Haba!  A minister that one said telephone is not for poor lacks moral standing to preside and call shot in our hallowed chamber. If morality isnt enough to stop David Mark from becoming the senate president, corruption embarked upon like legitimate habit as a miltary helsman is enough to make Mark and is mentor languish in jail. what a pity, criminals are now making laws for us?
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2007
warfarian:

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION IS THE CONTINUATION of the last demonic one headed by Obasanjo and co

In a way bt i dnt agree with u totally.I wldnt have wanted Akume either.Y didnt Ken jst re-contest.Wat kind of drama is dis?

God will help us oh
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by agbola(m): 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2007
well it is painful but i believe he will soon be booted out as senate president he neither has the charisma, brillance or any quality to handle such a volatile house like ken nnamani did
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
Yes i see that coming.He wont perform.

Ken na d man
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by crazyT(m): 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2007
@ lakeside4love

Who knows,  Mark might just impeach the dull president n become president himself

Am just saying ooo

Gbam! I agree with you on this, David Mark may be Abacha (in the making) just what happened after the exit of IBB when in no time he (Abacha) sacked Shonekan and made himself president or head of state (call it what you like)
All lovers of Nigeria should pray to God to save our dear country from this people o.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 11:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
lmao
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 10:46am On Jun 07, 2007
@ menyi
i find it rather so surprising that people of so much intellect would reason this way. Let me start with the "telephone is not for the poor" stuff. Have you guys ever bothered to ask yourself the salary scale at that time? How many persons could afford stuffs like a VCR (video cassette recorder), how many could afford TV sets How many Nigerians were driving sleek cars at that time. This things were obviously beyond the reach  of the common man. To be frank, were this things affordable at that time just as they are now? obviously no. Things are a lot better than those days and i bet you would not have said anything different.

Isnt this just a weak excuse for anybody to make no matter how little intellect he/she posesses. First of, where in the world is telephone for the affluent? Can u name 1 single country? The common man could not afford essential services only because they were priced out of the market. Yes people are now able to afford telephones, cars, T.V's etc. Is that because they now earn more? No my dear, it's because the telecoms sector for instance was deregulated and seddenly, the multi links phones which used to sell for 100k plus fell to 15k! Something your dear David Mark thought unecessary so that the common man in Nigeria will forever face deprivation and oppression.

For your information. His people adore him

So what? Abacha's poeple adore him. Even Hitler's people adore him. How does that change the fact?

I can go on and on,  The man is just the best thing that happened to the third senate of the fourth republic.

Only in your dreams darling. And make no mistake, Nigeria will get rid of his likes. Maybe slowly, but surely.

spanga:

HI Nairaland users, i wonder all the fuss. Have we forgotten that a rotten process can never produce men of honor & integrity. The unfortunate thing about democracy is that it sometimes overlooks rationality and the majority always have their way no matter how wrong they are.

Spot on
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by dude(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2007
@ menyi

Angele101 said it all. i will still however ask you to please state David mark's achievements while he served as minister of communications and as military administrator of Niger state. did you say he is loved by his people? Hmmmm, even the devil has advocate(s)!
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by obyann(f): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
@angel101

i'm with u.
just give them (Razorr and menyi) free legal advice
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by EPOMA(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2007
"Hi Nairaland users. i find it rather so surprising that people of so much intellect would reason this way. Let me start with the "telephone is not for the poor" stuff. Have you guys ever bothered to ask yourself the salary scale at that time? How many persons could afford stuffs like a VCR (video cassette recorder), how many could afford TV sets How many Nigerians were driving sleek cars at that time. This things were obviously beyond the reach  of the common man. To be frank, were this things affordable at that time just as they are now? obviously no. Things are a lot better than those days and i bet you would not have said anything different"

MENYI,  I think you have shown your level of ignorance in and about Nigeria.David Mark made most of his statements during Babangida time which saw a lot of money in circulation in the country due to Babangida cocontinuousorrowing and allowing free for all stealing by the his Military administrators,don't forget also that Babangida time was the peak time for 419, so there was a lot of Dollars flowing in Nigeria ununtilbacha came in.
  At this time that you are talking about, I visited a friend in Romania around this time and to make a call was 5 cent per  calls with unlimited time. Nigeria as a country during 1979 through ITT and Abiola had laid cables around nigeNigeria all we need was for Mark's administrations to add more lines to the exchange and problem solved.
 So MENYI stop leaving in a dream world about nigerNigeriansbeing able to afford VCR or TELE and even if they were not able to afford , it was due to mean military government that we had who were put high tax on the importation of those goods.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by mazaje(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2007
Where is the EFCC?
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2007
asleep maybe (from over feeding) grin
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by bigrovar(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2007
Nigeria sha, well thit is what happens when the government riggs elections and the citizens just sits down and look, Nothing can surprise me in this country again, even if Ba[b]BAN[/b]gida is named minister of finance. i wont be surprised Nigerians are the biggest Margas in the world.because any body in power can just come around and do as they like and get away with, We talk about south africa,Indonesia,ukrine,Argentina,in all these counties the people played a big role in shaping their society, not just with their month but by taking to the street and protesting anytime the government goes astray, but here in nigeria we dont do anything,we have been robbed of our votes,we have been robbed of our money,we are treated like rubbish on the road, and all we do in call AIT and post in Nairaland, Honestly we Deserve everything we are getting, Freedom and good government is not free.YOU have to fight for it, today coke is N50,Noddles is N40,lets not even talk of Garri or rice, God help Nigeria.but then god will only help those u are ready to help themselves.i played my part in building the nation i took part in the demonstration against the fraudulent election i didnt do it for Atiku .i did it for a better electoral process next time.we were not much.so i guess the small munber was a sign that Nigerians were Happy with the way things went ,
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2007
I feel u my brother. Nigerians are too afraid or selfish to sacrifice! According to Tuface, 'nodoby wan die but dem wan go heaven'
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by vivienne(f): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2007
@Razorr
tell you what, i'll buzz u 2morow on YIM so we chat, aiight? got to run now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? / Agitations For Biafra Heightens, Eastern Leaders React - Hallmark News / The New Abia We Want By Dominic Barcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.