Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team (3160 Views)

I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit –mu’azu Tells Jonathan Team / 2015 Election:Goodluck Jonathan's Team Struggles To Wipe Out Buari's Lead / Messy Presidential Elections As Jonathan's Team Unleashes Rigging Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by SapeleGuy: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
grin grin grin Good People, Great Nation
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by mustafar1: 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2010
If she had used her weight as info minister while collecting all that estacode to make noise about FOI bill maibe she for get something political to base her aspiration.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by DisGuy: 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2010
gadogado:

And how has Daggash been campaigning, you barely even hear a word from that man.

You my friend have not been watching NTA news, this dude with the FCT minister have been showinga lil bit of desperation just cos you dont read it in the newspaper dont mean they are not doing it!

Two ministers who have been in the forefront of the campaign for the actualisation of Jonathan’s 2011 presidential ambition are Bala Mohammed, minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and Mohammed Sanusi Daggash, minister of works.

Daggash
On his part, Dagash said he has been in mainstream politics in the past twelve years and that has given him the privilege and the opportunity to assess some leaders. “For leadership, first of all, you need accessibility, secondly, you need a leader that listens, three, a leader must have the disposition of an ideal leader;  an ideal leader that will not intimidate those he works with or those he is superintending over, supervising or even those he is leading.”  He said that having worked with Jonathan; he has found in him that persona of an ideal leader. According to Daggash, “what makes it quite refreshing is the very humble beginning of this great gentleman, one who is not ashamed to tell anyone where he is coming from.  He is somebody who does not excessively express himself with regards to his inner thoughts.  He is somebody who is very candid, humorous, extremely loving and respects everybody who works with him whether you are his subordinate, a peer or even if you are above him.”He believes that the Northern politicians who are opposed to Jonathan’s candidacy are a few articulate elite who are not in the main stream of Nigerian politics today. In addition, he said that the issue of zoning cannot be exclusive.

Minister donates office to pro-Jonathan
The Minister of Works, Senator Sanusi Daggash, has called on all Nigerians to support Jonathan`s presidential ambition, so as to enable him complete the good works he has started.

The minister made the call at the commissioning of the Borno state chapter of the Goodluck Support Group secretariat donated by him in Maiduguri the state capital.

The location of the Goodluck Support Group Organisation gives us great access and easy exposure to our supporters and volunteers all over the state. they are undoubtedly the best, most committed group of volunteers ever assembled, we invite everyone to join in the enthusiasm and excitement as we march towards victory in the forthcoming elections".
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Dec 12, 2010
must_a_far:

If she had used her weight as info minister while collecting all that estacode to make noise about FOI bill maibe she for get something political to base her aspiration.

I actually expected this woman to do just that, especially after last years situation with yar adua and her continuous need to tell us she had no clue what was going on. You would think someone who really had a heart for the people would have been moved by all that lack of information trickling down to the Nigerian people about their government, as ought to be the case, to realize the great need for FOI in Nigeria.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Eziachi: 2:49am On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I actually expected this woman to do just that, especially after last years situation with yar adua and her continuous need to tell us she had no clue what was going on. You would think someone who really had a heart for the people would have been moved by all that lack of information trickling down to the Nigerian people about their government, as ought to be the case, to realize the great need for FOI in Nigeria.
I thought this is about exchange of opinion without resorting to calling me childish and others thing you chose to make your point, I will just leave that to you. I don''t believe in abusing others in order to make a point.
But If you know a past and wonderful former Nigerian information minister, please tell us. If you know any serious democratic nation that has an information minister, please tell us and probably the name of the minister.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by appletango: 4:35am On Dec 12, 2010
The "Ministry" of Information is a complete waste of public funds and the "minister" (not necessarily dora) is a glorified press secretary. It really should be scrapped.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On Dec 12, 2010
Eziachi:

I thought this is about exchange of opinion without resorting to calling me childish and others thing you chose to make your point, I will just leave that to you. I don''t believe in abusing others in order to make a point.

I don’t know if it is the case that you are being slow on purpose here or you just want to drag this one without needing to provide a single ounce of evidence for all you have said and declared so far on this.
When you declare your opponent has a PERSONAL AGENDA even with the fact that this opponent has
a) Never met this woman, Dora  but understands pretty well that as a public official, she is accountable to you and I as Nigerians
b) Facts that Dora has, in the last 24 months she has been in public office as information minister, not accomplish even one of the tasks she was HIRED to accomplish as information minister, according to data present on the ministries website

And you provide no backup for such a ridiculously silly claim on your path, my friend, it is safe to conclude you are being childish. Is it hard for you to concede that this has nothing to do with you, your ethnicity but the records as they show all we need to know of her capabilities as a minister, hence a part of our government?

Eziachi:

But If you know a past and wonderful former Nigerian information minister, please tell us. If you know any serious democratic nation that has an information minister, please tell us and probably the name of the minister.
Again, this is another childish attempt by you to evade the truth. Why does it matter what the record of the last minister was? By your logic above, no one should even do anything right in that country and that nation as a whole since we know that most 99% of our past leaders both in high offices and lower levels have done seriously appalling jobs to date. By your own thinking there, you declare it is OK for anyone in office to sit, steal and destroy as long as the last person who occupied the same seat did the same. Is that really what you teach those under you, your children?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2010
People keep defedning this woman blindy! The bottomline is that she did horribly as an information minister, maybe she'll do better as a senator!

But all in all, she proved she's just anther politician . . . following the money/power! She did it with Yar' Dead, now she's doing it again. I dont have anything against that oh, but she 's got to stop pretending to be a saint! undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Onlytruth(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2010
Does it occur to all these people blaming Dora for remaining in government, even if as information minister, that she needed to do that to stay alive in Nigeria?
All those who attempted to kill her as NAFDAC boss were still very much around, and knowing Nigeria very well she opted to remain with whatever security a minister gets, than none at all.

If anything, her possible decision to leave government now only signal that she is now feeling safer.
I wouldn't take all the risks she took for Nigeria.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Meristem: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2010
It's hightime she quit. She has painted herself in disgrace lately, singing verses of a false hymn for government here and there.
First it was Yar'Adua's health saga, then the ill-fated REBRANDING campaign which was truncated by Abdulmutallab's underwear bomb grin . Then the cabal. Then the independence day explosions. Then it was the word "Naija" that is responsible for all the woes of Nigeria. Think of how easily she destroyed the same reputation she built while at NAFDAC.

She should gett tha hell outta there. It's about time! angry sad
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by 1025: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2010
dora changed her middle name to shame the day she joined these criminal gang(pdp).
the only person that stood her ground against this influential/infectious gang(pdp) is dr. okonjo Ngozi(not shame) iweala.
the woman no gree make obasanjo and his gang spoil her carrier.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2010
Ujujoan:

People keep defedning this woman blindy! The bottomline is that she did horribly as an information minister, maybe she'll do better as a senator!

But all in all, she proved she's just anther politician . . . following the money/power! She did it with Yar' Dead, now she's doing it again. I dont have anything against that oh, but she 's got to stop pretending to be a saint! undecided

How can someone who failed as a minister, do better as a LEGISLATOR? How? In what world? Is that like saying even if you fail at being a nurse, you can do better as a doctor?

I mean sure we have about equally failed senators but is it confirmation that we do not understand how much damage they have done to this nation so far or what? We have incompetent morons as legislators and you are advocating we add one more incompetent leader ( with a 2 year long public record showing she accomplished next to nothing)to that mix?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan To Build $20 Billion Of Fertilizer & Petrochemical Plants / Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides / Kano State Govt & Aji No Moto Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.