Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team (3159 Views)

I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit –mu’azu Tells Jonathan Team / 2015 Election:Goodluck Jonathan's Team Struggles To Wipe Out Buari's Lead / Messy Presidential Elections As Jonathan's Team Unleashes Rigging Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by igbobuigbo: 1:37am On Dec 11, 2010
Who let the dog (kbjk) out? Who! Who! Who! Who!
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by fstranger1: 1:44am On Dec 11, 2010
KOBOJUNKIE AGIAN: ALWAYS GENERATING FIGHTS WHERE THERE SHOULD BE NONE

WHAT A RAMBLER!
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by fstranger1: 1:45am On Dec 11, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Who let the dog (kbjk) out? Who! Who! Who! Who!

Sup bro

Did you let Konojunkie out?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by gadogado(m): 1:55am On Dec 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

Perhaps she has not been promised a prominent 'look at me' role in the next parliament, no wonder she has not bee campaigning like Daggash

And how has Daggash been campaigning, you barely even hear a word from that man.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by kcjazz(m): 2:03am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Could you possibly argue your side like a competent adult would? Or should I continue to assume you will only end up a waste of my time on this issue? Notice, I answered the other two because they did not JUMP right into ATTACKING my person without even attempting to make sense for their view. And if you notice, my response was filled with information that might potentially educate anyone who really is oblivious to the facts of the goings-on in the 24 months of her being in office? Again, argue your side like an adult or I will be forced to add you to the list of those I should not bother with.

@The bolded part grin If you care about your reputation then don't tarnish others. Feel free to add me to your cyber-list, I won't bother either wink
My time here is done.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Dec 11, 2010
McKren:

If you honestly believe that Akunyili's record of service equates to just 24months, then I can clearly say you are living in denial.
OK . . . let’s start with this. Howse about you now SHOW me that I am wrong. What has she done in the last 24 months?

McKren:

She was never going to do well as information minister, she simply is NOT the best at diplomatic speak. But when this Nation was on the brink, men failed to rise above fear and parochial interests' (BTW these wimpy men include Jonathan); one public servant rose to the occassion to challenge the status quo and this helped Nigeria do the right thing and an acting President was announced.

OK . . . let me get this straight. She was never going to do well as information minister BUT she accepted the job anythings? Never resigned at any point, even after the Ekiti debacle or even the Rebranding hell, or the NTA blunder?

OK . . You claim she rose to the occasion to challenge the status quo, and I say THAT IS A BLOODY LIE. Matter of fact, she did not challenge the status quo, what she did was SILENCE the call for the RESIGNATION of Yar adua and instead demanded he be allowed to continue as President. This resulted in the circumventing of the constitution by NASS and installation of an Acting President which should have only happened at the authorization of the president. Isn’t that what the rumored cabal wanted in the first place? ***

If you doubt it, I suggest you bring up that wonderful sweet memo she read to you, and tell me where exactly you get your heroine from in that whole.

McKren:

That was a high point of Akunyili's career as information minister and it is one not to be taken for granted.
Besides her record of service in NAFDAC is there for honest folks to see.
Sorry, You MISUNDERSTAND her message – don’t even pretend your heroine has anything to do with that. That was a HIGH Point for you, definitely but sorry, it was the revelation to the nation that Akunyili was willing to play politics as much as she could to remain relevant.

By the way, you claim she was not fit for the job yet, this same woman CAMPAIGNED to be given a second go at ministry position under the new government. Are you sure you are not here confusing your cooked up ideas there, with reality here?

*** One can essentially say she took the side of the Cabal on the issue, took their idea, repackaged it(sweetened it with talks of doing the Godly thing, and respecting our sick etc.), and then sold the idea with crocodile tears, to the Nigerian people who swallowed it hook, line and sinker! wink

I suspect she may have presented the ideas to the former FEC members with whom she served in the Yar adua cabinet, but the idea was refused, and so possibly reason why right after she was able to persuade the nation to have NASS swear Jonathan in, illegally as Acting President, Jonathan felt it was best to dissolve the cabinet and install his own.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by DrKnow1(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2010
Trust me, if she goes to the senate with her loud mouth, it won't be long before she gets assaulted by those honourable thugs
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nsiman(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2010
I think She can initiate bills that can make nigeria better. Good luck prof.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2010
OK . . . let’s start with this. Howse about you now SHOW me that I am wrong. What has she done in the last 24 months?
What's she supposed to have done as the information and communication minister that she didn't do ?
let's be very frank here, that's one ministry position that takes all the knocks of the government, name one person that has ever handled that position that hasn't been riled and vilified at, she's the spokesperson of the Gov't and to be very frank everyone has an axe to grind with the gov't and by proxy she becomes the whipping lady, please defending the activities of the government was she was appointed to do and for heaven's sake she did her best.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2010
You do realize you did not even attempt to answer the question but filled the page with more fluff excuses?
babasoty:

What's she supposed to have done as the information and communication minister that she didn't do ?
You know that job has duties and responsibilities attached, right? shocked
babasoty:

let's be very frank here, that's one ministry position that takes all the knocks of the government, name one person that has ever handled that position that hasn't been riled and vilified at, she's the spokesperson of the Gov't and to be very frank everyone has an axe to grind with the gov't and by proxy she becomes the whipping lady
So, you are now suggesting that because no one before her did the job well( a job you somewhat confess you have absolutely no clue of it’s responsibilities), it is OK for her to do a shoddy job too?
Correction though, She is NOT the spokesperson for the government. That is someone else’s job, so, please what of her current job do you know she has done well? The same old question asked.
babasoty:

please defending the activities of the government was she was appointed to do and for heaven's sake she did her best.
That is NOT what she was appointed for. I am sorry. The president and government already has so many other people who do this work. The minister of communication has very different roles and responsibilities especially to the Nigerian people, than what you continue to tell us of there.
May I suggest you get to answering at least some of the questions I asked in the post you supposedly pretend to respond to there. We have already had enough of the non debate to deal with.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2010
You know that job has duties and responsibilities attached, right?
why don't you list the duties and responsibilities attached to that job that you feel she didn't do ?
So, you are now suggesting that because no one before her did the job well( a job you somewhat confess you have absolutely no clue of it’s responsibilities), it is OK for her to do a shoddy job too?

name the criteria to access her for a poor or abysmal performance while she was holding the portfolio

Correction though, She is NOT the spokesperson for the government. That is someone else’s job, so, please what of her current job do you know she has done well? The same old question asked.

I think on this you should check this
MISSION
To provide the citizenry with credible and timely information on government activities, programmes and initiatives; while creating an enabling technological environment for socio-economic development of the nation.
source http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=194&phead=121
if that is not being the spokesperson of the government I wonder what that means.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2010
@kobojunkie
Your saying she should have resigned because of the "Ekiti Debacle" as you put it, why should she resign, is she the spokesperosn for INEC ?, and please try and explain what you meant by the "Re-branding Hell".
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 9:46am On Dec 11, 2010
babasoty:

why don't you list the duties and responsibilities attached to that job that you feel she didn't do ?
name the criteria to access her for a poor or abysmal performance while she was holding the portfolio  
It is on the website.

babasoty:

I think on this you should check thissource  http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=194&phead=121
if that is not being the spokesperson of the government I wonder what that means.
Did you read what you posted there?

MISSION
To provide the citizenry with credible and timely information on government activities, programmes and initiatives; while creating an enabling technological environment for socio-economic development of the nation.
VISION
To create a proactive technology driven public information hub, with effective feedback mechanism as well as telecommunications transformation in line with global best practices.
MANDATE
To proactively inform, enlighten, and educate the citizenry on the activities, actions, policies and programmes of government and to initiate and supervise telecommunications policies in Nigeria.
The corporate goals and objectives of the Federal Ministry of Information are derived from policy directives and guidelines on management of public information as may be defined or prescribed by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces from time to time.

Where in the content of that page do you get SPOKESPERSON from?

There is another page on there that gives a more detailed list of what the ministry ought to be involved in

[size=13pt]Functions[/size]

• To serve as the Federal Public Information outfit responsible for professional policy-making,planning,  gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of essential and vital information which will enhance and facilitate democratic governance of Nigeria as a Federal Republic.

• To provide professional information services which will project the image and reputation of the  Federal Government and her people as a responsible   society.

• To develop, design, institutionalize appropriate and generally acceptable public information and communication policies which will promote information management and control in a  democratic society.

• To initiate action programmes, policies, rules and regulations which will ensure the existence and maintenance of civilized and orderly information and communication systems in Nigeria consistent  with acceptable cultural and conventional norms and ethics of the Nigerian people and world community.

• To provide broad and specific guidelines for development management and operation of print and  electronic media for education, public enlightenment, entertainment and socio-economic and political  development and orientation. In this respect, the Ministry maintain appropriate relationship  with he Press and the Government.

• To conduct research, surveys and studies which will enhance better understanding of the relevance,impact and approach to public information and their  implications for public policies and  programmes.

• To provide general printing and publishing services to all ministries for effective public administration and to educational, business and international organizations for their use.

• To represent Nigeria at International level for conferences on information.

How has that ministry served the Nigerian people in the last 24 months?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2010
babasoty:

@kobojunkie
Your saying she should have resigned because of the "Ekiti Debacle" as you put it, why should she resign, is she the spokesperosn for INEC ?, and please try and explain what you meant by the "Re-branding Hell".
I didn't say she should resign. Please note my own posts here.

If she truly believed she was not for the job she was given, as some claim was the/is the case, Ekiti would have been her way out of the position. She wasn't the government's spokesperson but she sought of took on the role and right in front of the nation declared a fraudulent election a success. By the way, if the role she played during the Ekiti crisis was really part of her duty as minister of communication, don't you think she would also have been the one to announce the result of all other elections in much the same way? She has had so many opportunities to resign if she truly felt she was not capable of doing the job or she even believe that square-peg in a round hole HOGWASH many use as excuse for her 2 years of sitting pretty as Information and Communication(technology) minister.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by hercules07: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2010
I lost a lot of respect for her when she did all she could to become a minister, she also did not help her cause by arm twisting Ayoka to declare the PDP aspirant in Ekiti as the winner. She did a good job in NAFDAC and must be applauded for that. She needs to go back to Anambra to offer herself to her people, if they want her, no wahala.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2010
@kobojunkie
Is the word "Spokesperson" getting you confused or what, with what you have posted as the functions of the ministry in relation to the citizenry, what would you term her as is she not the mouth piece of the government ?, is she not the "spokesperson" to the government, with the functions you placed here name one of them that in her capacity as minister that she didn't perform, the "Re-branding Hell" you talked about is it not part of the functions you placed here.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2010
babasoty:

@kobojunkie
Is the word "Spokesperson" getting you confused or what, with what you have posted as the functions of the ministry in relation to the citizenry, what would you term her as is she not the mouth piece of the government ?, is she not the "spokesperson" to the government, with the functions you placed here name one of them that in her capacity as minister that she didn't perform, the "Re-branding Hell" you talked about is it not part of the functions you placed here.

I asked the question of you, please answer !
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 11, 2010
I asked the question of you, please answer !

What do you want me to answer the functions of the ministry as it has affected the citizenry ?
is that what you want me to answer ?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 10:12am On Dec 11, 2010
My question was originally to @Eziachi and @Mckren, you pulled the particular line but never really answer the question contained in the line you pulled. If you have answers, I will be willing to read them.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2010
In the last 24 months she has overseen her ministry and has performed the role assigned to her as a minister in that ministry.
In the last 24 months she has explained the policies and programmes of the government to the citizens.
In the last 24 months she has showcased Nigeria as country with good potentials and good people by trying to re-brand the image of the country, she has personally attacked foreigners who try to portray the nation in bad light.

the list goes on and on,
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2010
^ You forgot to add that she is campaigning against the word - Naija.

She has achieved alot indeed as the Min. for info
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by McKren(m): 11:36am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

My question was originally to @Eziachi and @Mckren, you pulled the particular line but never really answer the question contained in the line you pulled. If you have answers, I will be willing to read them.

I don't know any honest person who believes that Dora Akunyili was or is a great information minister. Her record as Info Minister is clearly poor.

But what we reject is to sum up her records of public service into the last 24months. This is clearly dishonest because before Dora Akunyili the Info Minister, there was Dora Akunyili the Nafdac boss and in Nafdac she did very well.

And this joins your history of anything SouthEast. You are never honest about anything from the SouthEast. You pour all kinds of slurs on anybody of SouthEast origin but never extend your hardline high standards to the Buhari's of this world who truncated democracy, never achieved much as head of state, looted the treasury as head of PTF, used the rest of PTF money for some minor projects in Katsina thats about it. Curiously you are calling for the old, coughing dictator to come back to power.

Why are you not holding Buhari to the kind of standards you want to hold the likes of Akunyili and Soludo?

The burden of prejudice and hate is on you, carry it in silence and stop spewing crap on the internet. You are clearly an ethnic bigot.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2010
I don't know any honest person who believes that Dora Akunyili was or is a great information minister. Her record as Info Minister is clearly poor.

could you back that up with facts,
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2010
She's just a regular snitch and,that jonathan has been able to figure out.we are talking about a woman with double loyalty who supported yardua and later slide away.
The likes of Ima Niboro is giving her no chance at all.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by gerona: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2010
Only a mad man will keep doing the same thing the same way and expect to get a different result.

My point is - we have tried PDP and being under their leadership for the past 10years and we have gotten nothing but trails of corruption and continuous under-performance, why don't we try someone else from another party like Buhari or Ribadu or any other party but not someone from PDP because their ideologies (if they have any ) is not just working for us.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by McKren(m): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
~Bluetooth:

She's just a regular snitch and,that jonathan has been able to figure out.we are talking about a woman with double loyalty who supported yardua and later slide away.
The likes of Ima Niboro is giving her no chance at all.

You are the one with issues here. Your poor understanding of loyalty is the problem.

What she demonstrated is loyalty to country. If Yar'adua is too ill to lead, then his VP should be acting President no matter who that VP is. Thats loyalty to country and not individuals and thats what matters. Dora did what was right.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Donmeca(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2010
gerona:

Only a mad man will keep doing the same thing the same way and expect to get a different result.

My point is - we have tried PDP and being under their leadership for the past 10years and we have gotten nothing but trails of corruption and continuous under-performance, why don't we try someone else from another party like Buhari or Ribadu or any other party but not someone from PDP because their ideologies (if they have any ) is not just working for us.

Who is that serious Nigerian politician that is not in, with or from PDP? U may say Tinubu, Buhari, Utomi (who is not even serious) but most of the opposition politicians are more PDP than even the party itself. Others are simply unserious.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Eziachi: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2010
@Kobojunkie,

It seems you have issue with the lady, rather than a rational arguement. However, just like I said, I am neither her supporter or against her, But you have to call a spade a spade if you are honest and not allowing personal feeling to becloud your judgement.
From what I read and saw with my eyes, the lady was very competent at NAFDA and nealy paid with her life for it. My argument originally when she was given the information ministry was that, she should nothad accepted it and resign. Because it is one of those minsitry, where you don't know what your job is realy is and you leave no physical legacy.
With her track record, she will not be short of job offers all over the world like Mrs Iwuala when she left. But then again, Dora is a Nigerian politician that loves the gravy train.

What do you expect her to do as minister of information? That was my question I asked you earlier, what the job of that minister entails? And your response was that she sales what the government ministries are doing. That may be the case, but she will only then sale what she is given to sale including bad and terrible policies and sometimes indefensible policies of an inept govt. That is why I can't think of any advance democracy that has a minister of information. Do you know of any?

Tell me a well liked and wonderful former Nigerian minister of information? As I can't think of any. I am sure if Akunyilli is given minsitries like Works, Power/Energy, Health, where hardwork. brain and standard is essential, I believe she will do well, based on her record at NAFDAC and you can't just rubbish her record at NAFDAC as something of two years ago. It is still her record, whether its fiftyy years ago or whether it lasted for just two months. When you write your CV do you leave some of your records out just because it was years ago or that the duration of the record was short?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2010
Well people do change.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2010
So many posts later, still no real answers to the simple and direct questions asked of the last 24 months. Sigh!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2010
McKren:

PHEW!!! Now you are being honest, so what was the whole shpeel about me having a personal issue with this woman when I pointed out that she essentially has done nothing to write home about in the last 24 months as minister of information? Why did you feel you needed to attack me for telling it like it it?

McKren:

But what we reject is to sum up her records of public service into the last 24months. This is clearly dishonest because before Dora Akunyili the Info Minister, there was Dora Akunyili the Nafdac boss and in Nafdac she did very well.
I am not sure you even understand what you are going on about. She left NAFDAC and her past glory over 24 months ago. For The last 24 months, she has been working as Minister of Information. Please, for crying out loud people, check up on these records.
At least catch up on her facts before rushing to provide baseless apologies for her record to the Nigerian people as minister of information.

Here is the problem you fail to see. The way you judge her affects the way you judge other ministers across the board. We could go on and on about the Minister of Educations past history and glories but I think only a fool would conclude that the current minister of Education, or the current minister of Transportation has done a tremendous job because of past ‘achievements’, at a former job/position, when in reality these have yet to fulfill any of the promises they swore earlier this year to fulfill to the Nigerian people?

Should we also sing songs of their past glories as EXCUSE for their lack of progress in office in the past 7 months (since you are all too willing to do this for Akunuyili who happens to be one of the longest serving ministers in the group)?

Please we are adults, let’s start acting like adults.
McKren:

And this joins your history of anything SouthEast. You are never honest about anything from the SouthEast. You pour all kinds of slurs on anybody of SouthEast origin but never extend your hardline high standards to the Buhari's of this world who truncated democracy, never achieved much as head of state, looted the treasury as head of PTF, used the rest of PTF money for some minor projects in Katsina thats about it. Curiously you are calling for the old, coughing dictator to come back to power.
I will take it that the above comes from a place of more IGNORANCE on your end.

McKren:

Why are you not holding Buhari to the kind of standards you want to hold the likes of Akunyili and Soludo?
The burden of prejudice and hate is on you, carry it in silence and stop spewing crap on the internet. You are clearly an ethnic bigot.
Stop insulting yourself and learn to make your points without needing to insult/attack your opponent OFF-POINT. It will help you appear more credible next time.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
Eziachi:

@Kobojunkie,

It seems you have issue with the lady, rather than a rational arguement.  However, just like I said, I am neither her supporter or against her, But you have to call a spade a spade if you are honest and not allowing personal feeling to becloud your judgement.
Correction – My problem is not with the woman but with people like you willing to LIE to us that bad is good all because of ethnic ties to the person in question. If I picked another minister with similar record as Akunyili, who maybe happens to be from the North, I bet $1000 bucks you will not judge his record the same way you have judged this woman’s so far. 

Eziachi:

From what I read and saw with my eyes, the lady was very competent at NAFDA and nealy paid with her life for it. My argument originally when she was given the information ministry was that, she should nothad  accepted it and resign. Because it  is one of those minsitry, where you don't know what your job is realy is and you leave no physical legacy.
NAFDAC was over 2 years ago. What has that to do with her current record as Minister of Information in the past 24 months?

Eziachi:

With her track record, she will not be short of job offers all over the world like Mrs Iwuala when she left. But then again, Dora is a Nigerian politician that loves the gravy train.
Her track record now includes 24months of next to no achievement as Minister of information.

Eziachi:

What do you expect her to do as minister of information? That was my question I asked you earlier, what the job of that minister entails? And your response was that she sales what the government ministries are doing. That may be the case, but she will only then sale what she is given to sale including bad and terrible policies and sometimes indefensible policies of an inept govt.  That is why I can't think of any advance democracy that has a minister of information. Do you know of any?
Stop asking that silly question at this point. I have made sure to post the functions of an information minister, straight from the Ministry’s own website for you right on here just in case you were too lazy to go look it up yourself. Which of the duties has she accomplished on behalf of the Nigerian people for the last 2 years(24 months) and billions of Naira she has spent in that time?

Eziachi:

Tell me a well liked and wonderful former Nigerian minister of information? As I can't think of any. I am sure if Akunyilli is given minsitries like Works, Power/Energy, Health, where hardwork. brain and standard is essential, I believe she will do well, based on her record at NAFDAC and you can't just rubbish her record at NAFDAC as something of two years ago. It is still her record, whether its fiftyy years ago or whether it lasted for just two months. When you write your CV do you leave some of your records out just because it was years ago or that the duration of the record was short?
I don’t care about these childish response anymore. Her record at NAFDAC have nothing to do with her record as Minister of Information, get it? So, please stop coming back with horribly immature responses and focus on regaling us with wonderful stories of her accomplishments in the last 2 years(24 months) she has served as minister of information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State Supplementary Election Latest: Ohakim In Early Lead / Musiwa Soon --engr Musiwa / EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.