Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years (67228 Views)

Bodo-Bonny Road: FG Provides ₦‎20 Billion Augmentation Fee / Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / New Kano Three Level Bridge Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Wizikal:
Buhari sef get sense pass all our politicians
You are absolutely right.
Some fools will hate you for saying the truth.
If they come for you,
Kindly ignore them.
Hatred is part of their life!
Stay blessed Wizi! wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by CoolAmbience(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Good development.

It was reported as if its not a duty of government to provide infrastructure like this

Stop being childish and shut up!

Is this the first Nigerian government?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by stanisbaratheon: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Simple Question, did GEJ start it?

WTF who's playing GEJ and PMB games with you.

That you're a Nigerian doesn't mean you shouldn't be smart enough to ask your leaders salient questions. You better start using your brains.
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

FG has paid in full. Read up from page 2 zombie Wailer

You're a shameless liar.
Why is work very slow?

2 Likes

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Kennydoc(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Nothing got missing under his watch you lazy youth.

Obasanjo investigated it thoroughly and cleared him of any wrong doing. I am sure you never knew this.

And to your nonsensical talk about Buhari not building the refineries let me help you.

1) KADUNA REFINERY

The lubricating oil complex of Kaduna Refinery is the first of its kind in West Africa and one of the largest in Africa. The consulting firm, KING WILKINSON of Hague, Holland, in conjunction with NNPC engineers, developed the plan for the refinery. The contract for construction was awarded to CHIYODA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OF YOKOHAMA, Japan in 1977.

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Muhammadu Buhari Was the Petroleum Minister and NNPC Head in 1977

2) WARRI REFINERY

NNPC's long term plans for the development of a petrochemicals industry, were formulated in 1977, and were structured in 3 phases. The 1st phase comprised of 3 plants: a linear alkyl benzene plant (LAB) in Kaduna, and the carbon black and polypropylene plants in Warri. The 35,000 MTA Polypropylene and 18,000 MTA Carbon Black Plants built in Ekpan, Warri were commissioned in 1988 http://www.wrpcnnpcng.com/about2.htm

Muhammadu Buhari was the Petroleun Minister in 1977

Anything else to dispute? Zoom the attached image and read the writing on the left

But you just said Buhari was Petroleum Minister in 1977. So we should now conclude he built the refineries? Were they built under his tenure as Head of State? Why are you not giving the credit to the person who was in charge in 1977?

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Livingwalker(m): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

How can you see? Have you not been told that wailers are stone deaf and willfully blind?

Do you live in bonny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by CoolAmbience(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
Staro:

Lol, see ZOMBIES praising Buhari for NLNG's effort

Before anyone comes to praise Buhari, tell him to release FG's share of
the cost to Julius Berger to enable them complete the project.

This project was awarded to JB at #120B but to be shared equally between
FG and NLNG (#60b each).

NLNG has since paid up their own #60b to JB which they have used to move the project to
about 60% but FG is yet to pay up their own #60b to enable JB complete the work

Is the FG not the biggest stakeholder in NLNG?

You sure say you well so?

Mtchewww.... Why am I even talking to someone who may not even know anything about Bonny Island, the project or where it is located?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
AmTruth:
We just need to keep pronouncing BLESSINGS for our dear country Nigeria and I have make it a point of duty in almost all my statement. I urge lovers of Nigeria to keep doing this and the wonders of our dreams for Nigeria would be soon.
God bless Nigeria.
It is always good to see that there are people like us here on Nairaland.

Statistics has it that, we have written the word 'GOD BLESS NIGERIA' over 14,000 times on this forum.

That is why we will always prosper in this nation every day of our lives.
The land bless those who waters it and kill the haters who detest it.
Simple theory!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by ud4u: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
Livingwalker:
This is the biggest lie ever I have seen....... I live in bonny and I have never seen that bridge uptil nw

Shey na propaganda , Please confirm wella

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by NORSYK(m): 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
Livingwalker:
This is the biggest lie ever I have seen....... I live in bonny and I have never seen that bridge uptil nw

It's true, I also live in Bonny... If you travel through bodo route you'll see the bridge.
It comprises 3 bridges and only one has been completed, though work is still ongoing on the second bridge while the third bridge hasn't been started.
The work that's going on is solely funded by NLNG, the stupid federal government hasn't committed any kobo of their own part of the deal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by jossy404: 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
If you said you live in BONNY and you have not seen the road been built then am doubting if you can see clearly during the day. .........

Livingwalker:

Do you live in bonny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by SPENCERD(m): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
I sincerely commed this govt for this project.
However,for those who are beginning to cast aspersion on previous govt for not carrying on with the project,I'm asking, was buhari not part of previous govt as a military head of States? Why did he not do the project then?
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by ud4u: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Staro:

Lol, see ZOMBIES praising Buhari for NLNG's effort

Before anyone comes to praise Buhari, tell him to release FG's share of
the cost to Julius Berger to enable them complete the project.

This project was awarded to JB at #120B but to be shared equally between
FG and NLNG (#60b each).

NLNG has since paid up their own #60b to JB which they have used to move the project to
about 60% but FG is yet to pay up their own #60b to enable JB complete the work

Federal government is even the one delaying the job they want to take glory upon.

Let them continue to use our head .

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Livingwalker:

Do you live in bonny

Did Wike not acknowledge the Bridge and roads?

Is Wike APC?

2 Likes

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
chozzy:

You're a shameless liar.
Why is work very slow?

Oh so work did not stop after all? grin

Now the song has changed to the work is very slow cheesy

Shameless liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

WTF who's playing GEJ and PMB games with you.

That you're a Nigerian doesn't mean you shouldn't be smart enough to ask your leaders salient questions. You better start using your brains.

Did GEJ start it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by dharnte: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
Almost done undecided

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by ibietela2(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:
The failure of past leaders has left Nigeria at the level we are.

Imagine a plan being delayed for 50years by other governments after Gowon but Buhari has turned it to a reality.

Even one of the doubters decided to verify the news from someone in Bayelsa and below was the response

Bonny is in Rivers o
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Yet it was Buhari who signed a JV for it's commencement. I guess you did not read the OP where it clearly stated that the project is 50 years old.

GEJ ko GEQ no

GEJ must have started it from your land of illusions

What service did GEJ pay? Ass service?

Sign which JV?
Zombies are too daft and arguing with you guys appear like a waste of time

See this thread created since 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:
The failure of past leaders has left Nigeria at the level we are.

Imagine a plan being delayed for 50years by other governments after Gowon but Buhari has turned it to a reality.

Even one of the doubters decided to verify the news from someone in Bayelsa and below was the response
1984 to 1985 a certain General was Head of State and Head of Junta. I'm wondering if a stone was turned then
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
another avenue for bonny pirates to kidnap people.
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Sonnyboom: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
Obasanjo spent barely 3 years as military president when Buhari built the refinery but how many refineries did the same Obasanjo build when he ruled for 8 solid years without Buhari as the petreum minister ?! I know you'd rather commit suicide than answer this n yeah you should because that is what despicable bigoted souls like you deserve.

That's the reason the president will not be accorded the credit of building the refinery. You can also judge this from the amount of support Buhari accorded Dangote n his refinery with free forex just to ensure it is completed in record time but no you'd rather credit that to bigotry simply cos u were fed with endemic hate n chronic bigotry from the womb.

Kennydoc:

But you just said Buhari was Petroleum Minister in 1977. So we should now conclude he built the refineries? Were they built under his tenure as Head of State? Why are you not giving the credit to the person who was in charge in 1977?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
airsaylongcom:

1984 to 1985 a certain General was Head of State and Head of Junta. I'm wondering if a stone was turned then

Good thing you said 1984 to 1985 which was a year plus.

I guess PDP was in power for 2 months then right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by michoim(m): 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
What a great president! Raising the many abandoned foundations of many decades...doing infrastructural wonders!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Taciturn1: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
Someone with the knowledge help me out. Will this Bonny-Bodo road be a road on the Sea, because Bonny to my knowledge is an Isolated Island off the mainland of Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Did GEJ start it?

You don't even know anything about Bonny nor Rivers state.
You just picked someone's Tweet and arguing about it as if you know anything.

This road project (with a number of bridges) has been going on since GEJ's tenure.
GEJ actually completed a long stretch of that road with one bridge before he handed over in 2015

A certain Nairalander was even surprise why Amaechi and Fashola had to invite Osinbajo to flag off an ongoing road project.

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
chozzy:

Sign which JV?
Zombies are too daft and arguing with you guys appear like a waste of time

See this thread created since 2017

You are a waste of space. I do not do threads from Nairaland but actual credible news channels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvjiPcL_5Xg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by chozzy: 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Taciturn1:
Someone with the knowledge help me out. Will this Bonny-Bodo road be a road on the Sea, because Bonny to my knowledge is an Isolated Island off the mainland of Rivers state.

That's why there are bridges na
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by AuroraB(f): 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Another reason he shouldn't go by 2023 cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by BreconHills(m): 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
NGpatriot:

He was in office as the head of state for less than 2 years.

PDP ruled for 16 years and they earned more oil money than any other era or administration in the history of Nigeria so why are you not talking about the 16 years but so concerned over 2 years of Buhari as the head of state?

Warri Itakpe railway was also abandoned for 30 years, including 16 years of PDP, but Buhari completed it in less than 3 years.

OBJ/PDP first awarded the contract for Lagos Ibadan railway, but they abandoned the project and let it die and rot on the drawing board for 12 years, but Buhari started the project and is about to complete it in less than 3 years.

Zik Mausoleum was abandoned for 26 years, even Jona that the SE region love so much did nothing complete the project, but Buhari completed the project in less than 3 years.

2nd NB was abandoned and left on the drawing board for 30 years, PMB started and is set to complete the project in less than 4 years.

This is how you focus on the wrong thing because of hatred while the people you love and vote for swindle and abandon you for decades.

Well said. Nigerians being self deceived, admire someone who can do deceive them much better than they do themselves. For those saying what difference has it made to prices. These are massive infrastructural projects all designed to remove particular bottlenecks. They arent barrows or kekenapep. These are investments that have long term payoff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Ozioma49(m): 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
And this is worth celebrating
Re: Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years by Blindersoff: 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
chozzy:

You don't even know anything about Bonny nor Rivers state.
You just picked someone's Tweet and arguing about it as if you know anything.

This road project (with a number of bridges) has been going on since GEJ's tenure.
GEJ actually completed a long stretch of that road with one bridge before he handed over in 2015

A certain Nairalander was even surprise why the APC had to package the road all over as if it was
their original project

You wail senselessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i31-COavGZQ

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bolt Driver Text Lady After A Ride, Lady Shares Chat / Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.