Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday (3284 Views)

Akwa Ibom Appeal Judgement Is A Total Fraud – Femi Falana / Saraki: Court Of Appeal Ilorin Fixes Judgement For Tomorrow / Rivers Governorship Tribunal Fixes Judgement For Saturday 24/10/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by LocalChamp: 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday

Posted: December 10, 2010 - 20:49

By SaharaReporters, New York

Next Monday, December 13, is James Ibori's date with destiny, as the Court of Appeal of the United Arab Emirates will deliver a ruling regarding the extradition trial of the former Delta State.

On October 17, a court of First Instance ruled that Ibori be extradited to the United Kingdom where he is wanted on charges of money laundering, credit card fraud and official theft. Similar charges have already led to the conviction of his wife, Theresa Nkoyo; his mistress, Udoamaka Okoronkwo (nee Onuigbo) and his elder sister, Christine-Ibori-Ibie.

Bhadresh Gohil, his UK-based lawyer, is also awaiting sentencing after he was found guilty in two separate trials pertaining to his assistance of Ibori in laundering vast sums of money looted from Delta State using UK banks, real estate firms, offshore accounts and cronies.

Ibori has remained in jail in Dubai as he contests his extradition to the UK. He recently received a visit from Senator James Manager (PDP, Delta South), who confided in associates that he was shocked to see how diminished Ibori has become in his Dubai jail, where he addresses even low level prison guards with unaccustomed courtesy.

Mr. Manager was a commissioner in the Ibori government between 2003 and 2007,and has stood by his former boss through his ordeal. When Ibori was acquitted by Justice Marcel Awokulehin last December, Manager celebrated publicly. "This is one man who has written his name in gold in the infrastructural development of the State," he said of Ibori. "As somebody who has walked very closely with him this is one of my happiest days."

Ibori has not had many happy days since then. If the court rules against him on Monday, he will most certainly appeal again to the Dubai Supreme Court. UK sources have however told Saharareporters that if next Monday's ruling goes against him, it would be clear to him that further appeals would be futile.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/extradition-trial-james-ibori-appeal-judgement-monday
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
i dont think this guy will escape it
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Blazay(m): 4:04am On Dec 11, 2010
Serves him right.
Just another dumb Southerner.
Paying lawyers in a losing battle.
He should have taken the "Igbinedion" route.
Cup a plea. . . hide his useless head. . . and enjoy the rest of his loot.

Oh well. He would have a wife, a concubine and a sister to keep him company in the coldness of his cell.

What a re.tarrrd.
Typical dumb Southerner I tellya.

Why should an ex-con be afraid to turn himself in? undecided

I would have been the first one to turn myself in to the UK.
Would not give these Nigerian Jackasses the satisfaction of seeing me sweat.

What a "tard" I say.

These minor league politicians from the South do not understand that the North and West own Nigeria.

See the moo goo called Jonathan? Allowing himself to be used by OBJ to front the North.

What retaaards I say.

Serves him right. cheesy
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by aljharem(m): 4:08am On Dec 11, 2010
Blazay:

Serves him right.

Oh well. He would have a wife, a concubine and a sister to keep him company in the coldness of his cell.

What a not-so-smart person.

Why should an ex-con be afraid to turn himself in.

What a not-so-smart person I say.

gbam

but no it is the northerner fault for his arrest grin grin

just like tafa balogun
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Blazay(m): 4:13am On Dec 11, 2010
^^^

You are right.
Not the North's fault. But the West who saw Ibori(an Atiku supporter) a threat.
But his (Ibori's fault). . .for underestimating the menace of OBJ.
I hope Jonathan is taking notes.

His ars*e is next. cheesy

See wetin dem do Ribadu?

Ojukwu, Dokpesi, Oshiomole and co were smart to be pro-North. . . .if you stick your neck out for any thing 'West" you lose.
They only think of themselves and sooo anti-Nigerian.

The reason I would rather support IBB or Atiku.

Win, lose or draw. . . count me out with any ACN business(unless IBB or Atiku goes there).

Them Westerners go just sell you keep change. cheesy
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sochan: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2010
Guys this has nothing to do with North and South, so lets please keep tribe out of this. Ibori is a thief just like Atiku, but this time has been caught. reckless stealing must be condemned not matter who is involved.

I wont say it is a shame, because this has been long coming. Ibori was a no good thief way back in school, ask those who know him well, and did very bad things in that state. He must now face up to his crimes, give up his loots and serve out his purnishment. After all if you cant stand the time, dont do the crime. He shouldnt fight the extradiction after all if he is innocent he would be set free.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sley4life(m): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2010
he shuld enjoy jail. when he was busy stealing public funds he dint know
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by gerona: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2010
In the true sense of it, the sins of Ibori is nothing compared to those of other governors and political office holders , it is clear that he is being punished for stepping on some toes.

I truly wish this fight against corruption can be sincere in Nigeria so we can have the looters of our common wealth rot in jail along with their wives, mistresses and any other person invovled in the fraud.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by texazzpete(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2010
gerona:

In the true sense of it, the sins of Ibori is nothing compared to those of other governors and political office holders , it is clear that he is being punished for stepping on some toes.

I truly wish this fight against corruption can be sincere in Nigeria so we can have the looters of our common wealth rot in jail along with their wives, mistresses and any other person invovled in the fraud.

Are you on crack?

Ibori's loot is VAST! Much more than most other looters ever seen in Nigeria. Imagine you comparing the loot of a former Governor of an Oil rich state with that of mere ministers and senators.
The corruption fight is a gradual one, and the incarceration of Ibori alone is meaningful progress. it's just a pity that Ibori's punishment is coming at the hands of foreigners, not the EFCC or any other anti-corruption organ of the Federal Government.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by adebayo111: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2010
Thièf na thìèf irrespective of the amount stolen. Why comparing one thief with the other. I pity them, If they allow the military to come back with this kleptomaniac itching fingers.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Tcrack(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2010
me:

He recently received a visit from Senator James Manager (PDP, Delta South), who confided in associates that he was shocked to see how diminished Ibori has become in his Dubai jail, where he addresses even low level prison guards with unaccustomed courtesy,
Life is a biitch
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Becomrich12: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2010
it look like when some people dont learn lesson to mind thier own business and let Ibori deal with its own life. until you get your self in serious trouble.

I notice one thing about you people, the only thing you talk about is others. Why dont you talk about saving your life with the satellite pictures. If you are shouting Jonathan will make change. If you are scared of Jonathan because he is president, and you cant speak the truth to him. When all of your children are dead, then you would know how it feel. Jonathan is just one man, and you should not be scared of him. 150,000,000 risking your life.

Imagine 150,000,000 lock up in a room with Jonathan, who are upset, do you think, Jonathan would come out with any part still remain. See this issue to save your life the same. Speak out, when nobody spoke up during biafra, 1,000,000 were killed.

Leave Ibori and his problem and concern yourself with your own life. Shout loud , if not jonathan would not hear you. my own approach is like stacey ejenobor. Oga e no possible, me Uhrobo girl , I die fighting.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by osasyankee(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2010
please leave my DON alone. He'z not the only thief we have in this country,
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by desgiezd(m): 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2010
I am sure that by now Ibori's uniform has been sown, numbered, washed, starched, ironed and kept neat awaiting his arrival. His room has also been dusted and kept clean. Fighting the extradition is just a waste of time and money, its just a ploy to buy more time but buying more time is like postponing the evil's day.

By the time we see Ibori again in this country, he would be having the tag of an ex-convict hanging on his neck. How I wish Yar Adua is alive today to witness the trial of his major sponsor.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by murtalaa(m): 2:37am On Dec 12, 2010
desgiezd:

How I  wish Yar Adua is alive today to witness the trial of his major sponsor.
even in death! unbelievable.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sochan: 6:48am On Dec 12, 2010
I see that some really done get the crimes Ibori has commited, so i will help you folks

1: Ibori looted state funds (Fact), and that is left for Nigeria to prosecute (Which I doubt)
2: Ibori carried out money laundering, which is a major crime in the UK.

now Ibori is not being tried for looting state funds, oh no that is a seperate case. left for efcc to pursue when he comes out as an ex-convicnt (again), ibori is being tried for carrying out money laundering charges in the UK, which is a major crime. So please, all you Ibori apologist, get your facts right.

In the Uk, if you lodge in over £50,000 in one go at any bank, the bank is required to make enquiries about the you (Fact). so really the case againts the Chief Thief was stack.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by jmaine: 9:50am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

Serves him right.

What a re.tarrrd.

What a "tard" I say.

These minor league politicians from the South do not understand that the North and West own Nigeria.

See the moo goo called Jonathan? Allowing himself to be used by OBJ to front the North.

What retaaards I say.

Serves him right. cheesy

Blazay:

^^^

You are right.
Not the North's fault. But the West who saw Ibori(an Atiku supporter) a threat.
But his (Ibori's fault). . .for underestimating the menace of OBJ.
I hope Jonathan is taking notes.

His ars*e is next. cheesy

See wetin dem do Ribadu?

Ojukwu, Dokpesi, Oshiomole and co were smart to be pro-North. . . .if you stick your neck out for any thing 'West" you lose.
They only think of themselves and sooo anti-Nigerian.

The reason I would rather support IBB or Atiku.

Win, lose or draw. . . count me out with any ACN business(unless IBB or Atiku goes there).

Them Westerners go just sell you keep change. cheesy

If you are really a northerner. . . then i now see why that region clearly lacks behind in all affairs of the country. . . what a manner of displaying how aberrant you are, Damn !
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by strangerf: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2010
jmaine:

If you are really a northerner. . . then i now see why that region clearly lacks behind in all affairs of the country. . . what a manner of displaying how aberrant you are, Damn !

I think the old MOFO is either SSoutherner or Ghanian
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Otunbakay(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2010
everyone of u threading tribal/regional sentiment here 're d biggest mugus, instead of u pple 2 call a spade a spade like the bigot that u 're u choose 2 call it something else, nonsence.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by SapeleGuy: 10:44am On Dec 12, 2010
Ibori's goose is cooked, that we all know, who is next?

This story has dragged on since 2007, are there no other prosecutions?
Is it possible for 1 person to still all this money on his own?
Is the plan for Delta state to be sacrificed at the altar of corruption so the sins of other corrupt Governors are forgiven and washed away?
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

Serves him right.

What a re.tarrrd.

What a "tard" I say.

What retaaards I say.

Serves him right. cheesy

You talk like the hausa cow which you are. Nama nama! Moo! Malu!
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by strangerf: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay is a Hausaman from Ghana
I am sure!
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by hollandis(f): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2010
I am still not satisfied with this trial,
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by anonimi: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by MAITEMA(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2010
He recently received a visit from Senator James Manager (PDP, Delta South), who confided in associates that he was shocked to see how diminished Ibori has become in his Dubai jail, where he addresses even low level prison guards with unaccustomed courtesy.

How are the mighty fallen
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sochan: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2010
Ibori is not doing himself any good by stalling the inevitable, infact he has done himslef a real de-service. he has spent over 6months in a far east jail, and will eventually do more time in a UK jail, so the idiot has already extended his own sentence. he has only spent 6/8month in jail and he is already lost his swagger. the ogreedygbodigbo.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sshalom(m): 1:05am On Dec 13, 2010
Like the rest of our muddied elites, he's trying his best to escape the long arm of law.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by vorosmartm(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2010
Please house, the moment judgement is passed I want the info. I trust una sha.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by vorosmartm(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2010
Please house, the moment judgement is passed I want the info. I trust una sha.
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sochan: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2010
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by sochan: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
Re: Saharareporters: Extradition Trial: James Ibori Appeal Judgement For Monday by calddon(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2010
they should just sentence this Man so we can here word abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Charged For Abuja-area Bombings / GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity / 2015 Elections: "Yoruba Ronu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.