Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial (2380 Views)

Nigeria Needs $500m To Repair Refineries – NNPC.. As All Refineries Remain Shut. / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by silami(m): 2:28am On Dec 11, 2010
Wao thank God for Wikileaks oooo!!!

AMERICAN Secretary of State Mrs. Hillary Clinton yesterday dropped a hint that Washington and oil services company, Halliburton were working towards an amicable resolution of the face-off between that country’s former Vice President Richard ‘Dick’ Cheney and Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which wants to prosecute him over alleged bribery charges, Just as the US government expressed its official view on the matter for the first time, US news website are also reporting that the oil services company, H[b]alliburton may have been engaging lawyers to negotiate with EFCC on the payment of up to $500 million in fines to settle bribery charges against the former US Vice President[/b]. shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32003:halliburton-may-pay-500m-to-avert-cheneys-trial&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by violent(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
stay on top of the news and stop peddling untruths, wikileaks wasn't responsible for the events that led to charges raised against Díck Cheney!
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Tolulop001(f): 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2010
violent:

stay on top of the news and stop peddling untruths, wikileaks wasn't responsible for the events that led to charges raised against Díck Cheney!

lolol

which one concern wikileaks for this one lol
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by spearman(m): 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2010
Goodluck is very clever. US will 'retaliate' by coming for Atiku. They already have a 77 page report on him.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2010
I dont expect their lawyers to reveal such sensitive details to the diplomats. Its a lie
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by oge4real(f): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2010
If this is really true, it means big wahala for Atiku.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Beaf: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
Atiku! cry
. . .40 billion theft, caught by the US Senate! embarassed
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by spearman(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by redsun(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2010
Will that mean using egunje to settle egunje?Yeye people.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by NaijaNaWaa: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2010
The $500m will surely go where those recovered from Abacha, Tafa, Nwude and others went.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by tyson55(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ poster go get ur fact right. This has got nothing to do with Wikileaks.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by babsmii(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2010
Atiku must be shaking his black butt off by now, d guy has a to deal with seriously, he's going to get real busy by 2011 if he's not in Yola prison lipsrsealed
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by silami(m): 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2010
tyson55:

@ poster go get your fact right. This has got nothing to do with Wikileaks.
which facts do you want me to get right hey i am not that dumb not to know that the saga of HB has been before the wikileaks stuff. all i am trying to say is the that, the USG is trying be soft because of the anticipated negative effect the wikileaks will have on its international diplomacy and thats is why its playing along. shikenan
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by redsun(m): 12:04am On Dec 12, 2010
This is the age freedom,the of revelation,the age true emancipation and the age of justice.Don't quote me,it is inevitable
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by yulad(m): 2:09am On Dec 12, 2010
Just like a d.i.c.k to get caught in Poo like this. Effing 11th commandment breaker!
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by redsun(m): 2:21am On Dec 12, 2010
These guys have been getting away with volumes,living out their obscure imaginations of what is right.

Obama just made them compesate some native americans and some black farmers hugely of the atrocities bestowed on them in the name of status quo and vanity
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Eemah(m): 6:36am On Dec 12, 2010
redsun:

Will that mean using egunje to settle egunje?Yeye people.

My broda ask dem for me o. If na poor man now nothing go save am from going to prison !

Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Remii(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2010
Uhmn pay more bribe to clean one bribe, sounds like cure for hang over to me. Law, is really, funny what is all the noise about fighting corruption, if all needs be done is steal enough to pay fines.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by blueflame1: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2010
How the statement:“WE do not believe that there will be a basis for further action, but we will look into it,” translates to the conclusion of the news is baffling

We r obviously taking our stupidity too far
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2010
silami:

AMERICAN Secretary of State Mrs. Hillary Clinton yesterday dropped a hint that Washington and oil services company, Halliburton were working towards an amicable resolution of the face-off between that country’s former Vice President Richard ‘manliness’ Cheney and Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which wants to prosecute him over alleged bribery charges, Just as the US government expressed its official view on the matter for the first time, US news website are also reporting that the oil services company, H[b]alliburton may have been engaging lawyers to negotiate with EFCC on the payment of up to $500 million in fines to settle bribery charges against the former US Vice President[/b]. shocked shocked shocked shocked
The USG claims Nigeria is so corrupt yet they want to bribe with $500m to close a corruption case. Who is fooling who? And who is corrupt?
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by mrofficial(m): 5:14am On Dec 13, 2010
Nigers-area. Having likes of rick ross rule us.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 13, 2010
Everyone is just throwing millions of billions of dollars around like it means nothing.
cheiii, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Reference(m): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2010
Or you think Dick 'the hunter' will ever stand trial or ever, ever, ever do time here. If we can get the money then it will be a miracle. I just laugh. When we cannot even put our people away. Madoff is doing 150 years, Madam Ocean is nowhere to be found.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by Reference(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2010
grin grin grin grin. Seun. If Cheney sues me for changing his name to Manliness na you sabi. Or person no fit bear D-I-C-K again.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by kittykat1(f): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
Vice President Richard[b] ‘manliness’ [/b]Cheney grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by turboman(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2010
silami:

AMERICAN Secretary of State Mrs. Hillary Clinton yesterday dropped a hint that Washington and oil services company, Halliburton were working towards an amicable resolution of the face-off between that country’s former Vice President Richard ‘manliness’ Cheney and Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which wants to prosecute him over alleged bribery charges, Just as the US government expressed its official view on the matter for the first time, US news website are also reporting that the oil services company,  Halliburton may have been engaging lawyers to negotiate with EFCC on the payment of up to $500 million in fines to settle bribery charges against the former US Vice President. shocked shocked shocked shocked

In my own words, American government is try to Bribe settle EFCC with $500 million to prevent the former US VP D.i.c.k Cheney from standing trial for corruption and sharp practices.
Sounds like obstruction of justice Fighting fire corruption with fire corruption
Hope somebody will do same for our very own James Ibori
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by femifoly: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
Wake up guyz!
The reason why the US government would want to settle EFCC is because they actually sent Cheney to corrupt the Nigerian government, they have been doing this before with past governments and other governments around the world.
It´s just one of the methods they use to get hold on a particular government so as to carry out aatrocities (e.g devaluation of currency, SAP, import of locally made goods by multinationals, export of crude oil at devalued price etc) that will interest them and their multinational companies but make the country poorer.
Nigerian Government should wake up now and say NO to agreements that continue to enrich the pockets of few, enrich the economy of intruders but continue to enslave the Nigerian people.
Re: Halliburton May Pay $500m To Avert Cheney’s Trial by omamokta: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2010
This woman's strategy of fighting corruption baffles me, she is rather encouraging corruption. May be somebody needs to advice her, this plea bargain is not good for us at all, if one is corrupt, he should go to jail, his assets confiscated and that settles the case. It will deter people more than collecting a tip of what the fellow looted.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Open To Dailogue - Atiku / Imo State Shuts Down As Women Protest Okorocha’s Intimidation By Presidency / Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.