Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) (69300 Views)

A Car Crashes Into Jabi Lake In Abuja (video) / Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
use Oloplane and enter there let's confam something
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Ekmigo: 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
the yoruba's understand spirituality more than any other tribe in Nigeria, they know and understand the language of thier God and ancestors. That's why it always make providence for them.

4 Likes

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Roadtoyesterday: 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
Experiencenaija:
Ebomi Lake, also known as the Bottomless Lake is a 1.5 km long body of water, located in the sleepy reserve of Ipesi Akoko, along the northeastern border of Ondo State, South-West Nigeria.

The lake is also called “the bottomless lake” because of its depth, which has been difficult to approximate or estimate. It stretches through a distance of almost 2km and is about 45m wide. According to oral history, which was passed down through the years.

It is said that when the people of Ipesi Akoko arrived at their present ancestral home, they met the Ebomi Lake at Ipesi. They couldn’t find the appropriate words to describe their curiosity about the topographies of the lake, they decided to call the weirdly wide body of water ”Abami’, which literally means ‘mysterious’. This name, with time, changed to “Ebomi” which is the name it is being called to this day.
A package of enticements has been presented to provide a satisfactory climate for the establishment of industries by prospective investors in Ondo State.

The lake, according to the residents of Ipesi Akoko, has supernatural powers for protecting the villagers during the times of war. The lake is believed to have unseen soldiers that fight battles for the Ipesi people. In addition, it is also believed that the lake’s deities give the villagers different gifts such as children, fishes, fowls amongst others.

Common wildlife sightings around the lake include antelopes, bush pigs, mischievous squirrels, variety of birds and fishes, which all give photographers and nature-loving tourists an unlimited scope to savour.

Watch this documentary on Ebomi Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAfU9nwPDtw

OP how can I get to Akoko Edo from Lagos or Abeokuta..... That's where I was posted to serve? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by seankay(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Realtalk20:
Mother nature is truly beautiful

But why is Nigerian universities so useless? What stops the Marine departments in these schools from mapping this ?

Or we are.waiting for foreigners to come and verify the depth for us ?

Jeez

You took the words out of my mouth. A bathymetric map will depict the varying depth across the Lake.

2 Likes

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by madgoat(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lastmankc:
I am sure more of mining activities will be going on there. If you know you know

Seems u are one of the flat heads

2 Likes

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Ykc2(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Bottomless lake indeed angry angry we Africans are so backward angryimagine ,white men came to Africa with wooden ship powered by wind they buy slave still navigate their ways to their various colonies in Americas ,then no satellite or Gps ,we all knew the depth of both Atlantic and Pacific Ocean because of white people,now we Africans cannot even check the depth of a mud lake somewhere in Ekiti and they called it bottomless lake angrybottomless lake ko bottomless pit in angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Speedybiscuit: 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

OP how can I get to Akoko Edo from Lagos or Abeokuta..... That's where I was posted to serve? Thanks

You should get a bus going there from Akure.

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Perfecttouchade: 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
Great is the Lord who created Natures
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by dapsoneh: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My love for nature knows no bound and it has no limit

I love nature! I love the natural environment anyday anytime twice on Saturday evening
It drives me crazy.
Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished!
whats the problem with this damn nigar? Must u start every sentence with damn nigar?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Liposure: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
i have neva heard of a Bottomless lake b4 in my life
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by winkmart: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
good one
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by vincentjk(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nigeria is so big and wide, how comes I never heard of this beautiful lake?
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Ebenezar2020(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
illicit:
Only in mythologies does water have unseen soldiers
that's why the Western world always reject oral history due to their superstitious nonsense belief

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Flier: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
LoydJ:
There are so many tourist centres in Nigeria how so called leaders can capitalize on nd could possibly bring more revenue/money nd balance the Nation's economy but our yeye leaders re blind to tap from this hidden wealth that lies around us.
It doesn’t look like a tourist site beside you should point out what is special about those picture

2 Likes

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Liposure: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ykc2:
Bottomless lake indeed angry angry we Africans are so backward angryimagine ,white men came to Africa with wooden ship powered by wind they buy slave still navigate their ways to their various colonies in Americas ,then no satellite or Gps ,we all knew the depth of both Atlantic and Pacific Ocean because of white people,now we Africans cannot even check the depth of a mud lake somewhere in Ekiti and they called it bottomless lake angrybottomless lake ko bottomless pit in angry
egbami o bottomless lake. mi gbo ri
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Skmoda(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Exagerrated.. no be only bottomless. This is what happens when illiterates pass information.
Go there and jump inside to verify....I noticed something about you....you mostly talk like idiotà.

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Liposure: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

I love nature! I love the natural environment anyday anytime twice on Saturday evening
It drives me crazy.
watsup nigga
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by larryking540: 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

U can take iyare motor in Lagos to Benin city
When u get to Benin city ,take a taxi and tell them akpakpava (Genesis park ) u are on your way to akoko Edo

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by cobsol(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
All this insults am receiving, have i said anything wrong? i just aired my opinion of how many people seeking to travel to Canada are scammed this days.
but why all this insults? what did i even say that warrant all this heavy insults from Nairalanders.

see the trend: please help me and judge this

https://www.nairaland.com/5659251/canada-canada-canadian-embassy-don
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by obama30: 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
Experiencenaija:
Ebomi Lake, also known as the Bottomless Lake is a 1.5 km long body of water, located in the sleepy reserve of Ipesi Akoko, along the northeastern border of Ondo State, South-West Nigeria.

The lake is also called “the bottomless lake” because of its depth, which has been difficult to approximate or estimate. It stretches through a distance of almost 2km and is about 45m wide. According to oral history, which was passed down through the years.

It is said that when the people of Ipesi Akoko arrived at their present ancestral home, they met the Ebomi Lake at Ipesi. They couldn’t find the appropriate words to describe their curiosity about the topographies of the lake, they decided to call the weirdly wide body of water ”Abami’, which literally means ‘mysterious’. This name, with time, changed to “Ebomi” which is the name it is being called to this day.
A package of enticements has been presented to provide a satisfactory climate for the establishment of industries by prospective investors in Ondo State.

The lake, according to the residents of Ipesi Akoko, has supernatural powers for protecting the villagers during the times of war. The lake is believed to have unseen soldiers that fight battles for the Ipesi people. In addition, it is also believed that the lake’s deities give the villagers different gifts such as children, fishes, fowls amongst others.

Common wildlife sightings around the lake include antelopes, bush pigs, mischievous squirrels, variety of birds and fishes, which all give photographers and nature-loving tourists an unlimited scope to savour.

Watch this documentary on Ebomi Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAfU9nwPDtw

You will never get this type of good news from North, south is full of good hope, south means life, south mean peace. soon federal government will made ibrahim tanko managing director of lake researches while there's no natural lake in the north, now tell me how he can make progress of what he don't have idea off

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by larryking540: 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
dapsoneh:
whats the problem with this damn nigar? Must u start every sentence with damn nigar?

You know say ,if person never experience racism b4 probably he has not travelled outside naija b4 that's how they behave ,

After traveling out and u are addressed as a nigger probably he will know how it feels
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Supernatural28(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wow � am already falling in love with natural lake. I'm already seeing myself there ♥ there's this picture in my head that.......
In short am taking the next available bus to ondo state now
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by bjgurl(f): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

It drives me crazy.
The last line got me, wow.
So true...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by dapsoneh: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
larryking540:

You know say ,if person never experience racism b4 probably he has not travelled outside naija b4 that's how they behave ,

After traveling out and u are addressed as a nigger probably he will know how it feels
as in, i dont get it. Just look at all his Comments Comments on NL, it always starts with 'damn niggar' i'm sure he doesnt even know the meaning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Experiencenaija: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that area.
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
Bottomless or yanshless?
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by voltron14: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

It drives me crazy.

Once a foreign organisation maps it, makes it a money spinner of some sort, you would find the ne'erdowells come out of the woodwork to complain about marginalisation.
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by larryking540: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
dapsoneh:
as in, i dont get it. Just look at all his Comments Comments on NL, it always starts with 'damn niggar' i'm sure he doesnt even know the meaning

He doesn't ,he is just a teenager holding a cell phone,so it's best to ignore him
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by dapsoneh: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
larryking540:

He doesn't ,he is just a teenager holding a cell phone,so it's best to ignore him
thanks Jare, just very irritating
Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
These are things we should harness as a nation with regards to tourism... Instead of trying to steal every drop of oil till it dries up along with the economy.

Some countries have no mineral resources, yet they sustain and grow their massive economies through tourism and industries alone.

1 Like

Re: Ebomi Lake: The Bottomless Lake In Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State (Photos, Video) by Skmoda(m): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Exagerrated.. no be only bottomless. This is what happens when illiterates pass information.

Stop being an illiterate and displaying your ignorance freely. A lake can't be that deep to call it bottomless. It might not even be more than 15ft deep. The "word" bottomless is just absurd and reeks of illiteracy. That's because they've never even for once attempted to measure it's Dept. If not for our extremely poor educational system, these are researches our universities are supposed to be carrying out. The deepest part of a body of water ever known is located in the western Pacific ocean. That's an ocean not some goddam lake located in a goddam country called Nigeria . Be educated.

Cc Ykc2
Nigga I wouldn't argue with you but what I notice lately about you is that you are a baggage of shit.....I won't trades word with you......I already answer your question....go there as a tourist and jump in and you will see the difference....dumb Igbo man......keep shouting "be educated" like you even know who you talking to.....old dumb fool talking with his teeth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Migrants Hiding Inside Dashboard And Engine / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ / Isreal Orders Africans To Leave Or Face Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.