Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (20606 Views)

Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
The Christian Bible is fake, false and counterintuituve.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

.isn't it said that those called God's elects are they that won't deny him or keep their Mouth shut when the word of God is attacked.

plus your error is that u believe that I defend God of my own. but u forgot the Holy Spirit.

answer this pls
will the Holy spirit in a Christian keep quiet when God is accused unjustly ?

Are you the Holy spirit? Leave the holy spirit to fight his fight.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by JastSiryin(m): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

am glad you made no sense
You're just a religious buffoon. Get wise

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

its between you now and the Holy spirit.
only I pray that God shows mercy on u bro
Shut your face and leave me with that your holy spirit. I thought you will attack me so I know what to do to teach you lessons. Go read your Bible and stop eating poo your pastors is feeding you with. When the holy spirit fell on people they start speaking in tongues not the rubbish you people are now speaking ó, because the Bible make us to understand that people from another tribe and language understand them. Which of the GO have this kind of spirit?.
Try to dare me this afternoon.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
The Christian Bible is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Similar to all the Abrahamic religious text, the Christian Bible is a magic trick.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
Divert all that positive energy and intelligence towards real history.

The Christian Bible is a book fiction that was manufactured by the Romans, not the biblicalsic ones but the real historical Romans.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
Africans are the generic heroes of world history that both Christianity and Islam both fail in their attempts to basterdise, downplay and or destroy.

Christianity is a Roman mockery of the Greek Hellenistic religions.

Islam is an Arabian fundamentalist mockery of a Eurocentric concept.

Let's bin all the mumbojumbo of the Greek Hellenistic religions and focus our concentration on reality, real history.

Who is the most influential person in your world today?

Follow the link to participate in a social experience and educate us on these kind of matters.

https://www.nairaland.com/5674944/marcus-garvey-malcom-x-jesus#86465549
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Legendguru: 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Fairy tale

Fiction!
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Amujale:
Divert all that positive energy and intelligence towards real history.

The Christian Bible is a book fiction that was manufactured by the Romans, not the biblicalsic ones but the real historical Romans.

You are knowledgeable and vast.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

You are knowledgeable and vast.

Brother, thank you. May you continue to prosper.

Assist us in the battle to take back control of our legacy.

Follow the link to participate in a social experience and educate us on these kind of matters.

https://www.nairaland.com/5674944/marcus-garvey-malcom-x-jesus#86465549
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Amujale(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:
Are you the Holy spirit? Leave the holy spirit to fight his fight.

when they are caught off guard they try to avoid the question.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:

If you are born to a Muslim family and happen to be those living in the part of whom that beliefs that they were fighting for God, you would have being carrying sword up and down to kill people for that your God that can't defend himself.

Awww what a nice erroneous assumption.. continue ok
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by kufreabasi2013(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
Colossians 2:10.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Minemrys: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

answer this and find the truth
do not attract God's wrath with shallow ignorance that fly out of your mouth

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.
n0t that i am in support of who u are insulting, but if ur words are harsh to s0me0ne seeking an explanati0n for s0mething he doesn't understand, then i can imagine ur hypocrisy when u cho0se to c0ndemn pagans who did u no wr0ng.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
There was nothing like evil spirit in heaven before the some angels committed a blunder and God separated them from obedient angels. Genesis 6:1-6, 1Peter 3:19-20, 2Peter 2:4-5, Jude 6

Both the angels and demons live in heaven until Jesus later sent them out of heaven. Revelations 12:7-12

What the writer of 1Samuel was saying is that one of those fallen angels possessed Saul. Luke 11:24-26

But David whose songs invites God's holy spirit will drive such demon away with his spirit filled songs!

So God never sent evil spirit to anyone, but since he permits these rebellious angels to possess evildoers, the Bible writer was inspired to say "an evil spirit from the Lord" meaning one of the fallen angels who have been separated from God! James 1:13-15

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

when they are caught off guard they try to avoid the question.
Which question ask me again I will answer you
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by engrchykae(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U will not die young.....

as Isaiah said, God is excellent in wisdom and wonderful in working.
Fear God and you won't fear anyone be it spirits or so called strongmen.
The voice of the Lord is mightier than the noise of many waters.ie if the opposing powers is coming from the waters,they are simply making noise.
The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedar in Lebanon,this covers all herbalists.
When you are righteous without blemish,you are on another realm,the envy of gods,a man who prevailed.
Gravity have no power over such exalted,christed men.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by k2money(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

.isn't it said that those called God's elects are they that won't deny him or keep their Mouth shut when the word of God is attacked.

plus your error is that u believe that I defend God of my own. but u forgot the Holy Spirit.

answer this pls
will the Holy spirit in a Christian keep quiet when God is accused unjustly ?

If this is the question, why have your holy spirit not react when Christians have been turn to cow and being slaughter everyday all over the world?.
If the holy spirit keep mute to this who are you to rise for holy spirit. My brother I don't have anything against you am just trying to let you know that nobody knows the truth so leave judgment to God. If he's that power let him fight his battle. As I am in into many religions. Have seen have conquer, all seems to have theirs flaws. No religion is perfect fallible too much in their story. The best of them all is the Ifá religion base on being my ancestors religion but Orunmila also thought his Followers many myths. Jesus is the easier of all the doctrines but it's a shame Nigeria is not practicing Jesus religion but Abraham religion.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Kenneth10110(m): 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

and neither did I insult or was forcing Christ on anyone. stop lying

Why using the word 'fool'
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Etogist: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
MamaFryo:

If you know you know. If only you can choose to free your mind to learn deep, one day you will realise that since we were not made to choose our family, our place and date of birth, our natural gender, our race...something somewhere controls all these. So when you were born and you now start thinking about how you got here, you start thinking you are in control. There was a writer who first chose you and assigned you to play the role you play. Whatever choice you make is as a result of what you are meant to do. This explains why there will always be criminals, terrorists, witchcraft, lunatics, gentlemen, poor, rich, kind and wicked people on this stage called earth. Someone has to play the role to keep the play on. Any society without all these characters does not exist in reality...na fiction.

What do I even know se f?

Like someone must play Judas for christ to accomplish his mission. All I can deduce from all these is Mystery. God is Mystery and his creation, mysterious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by photon3106: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
The Evil spirit from God came upon Saul as a result of God's Spirit departing from him.

I think the bone of contention here is the phrase ...evil spirit from God . While this can be read to literarly mean that the evil spirit was dwelling with God before it was sent and that God 'used' it to punish Saul, it does not conform to the true nature of God as seen in verses such as Job 34:10, 1John 4:8.

Although Isaiah 45:7 reveals that Evil is created by God, it does not imply that God uses evil to punish sinners. You (say being A) can create an object B for a purpose. Object B can in turn create an unintended object C probably due to a malfucntion. Since A creates B creates C, then by transivity law, A creates C. This is the case of God, Lucifer and Evil. God is not evil and so can not punish with evil but He ALLOWS the Devil to exercise evil intents for the sake of trials, temptation and punishment.

Saul's case was similar to that of Job (although OP does not want Job's case cited). According to 1John 4:3, any spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ is come in flesh is not of God: and that is that spirit of antichrist... Every evil spirit is an antichrist spirit. Therefore, the evil spirit that possessed Saul is not of God.

'...from God...' as used in the case of Saul does not mean that the spirit is of God . Rather, it is pointing to an observational view that an evil spirit was seen leaving the presence of God to Saul just like Satan was seen leaving the presence of God to Job.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Adeparo004(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Becos he knows the king is stubborn and he want to let d isrealites does note have faith in him completely.. God f did wat he did to keep d promise he had with dere ancestors
Oluromantic:
I think a bigger question to answer is why God hardened Pharaoh's heart and led him to the destruction he prepared for him. Exodus 9:12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by PhantomXcess: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
The simple answer here is: The devil/demon/evil spirit/satan was not revealed to the early humans/Israelites of the Bible...only until several chapters later. So, everything good or evil was credited to God which makes sense because they only knew and had relationship with him. It was also why Moses identified satan in the garden as "the serpent", it wasn't until later, that John connected the dots and said "that old serpent, which is the devil and satan".

MamaFryo:
Question: "Why did God send an evil spirit to torment King Saul?"

First Samuel 16:14 says, “The Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.” This is also mentioned in 1 Samuel 16:15–16, 23; 18:10; and 19:9. Why did God let an evil spirit torment Saul? In what way was the evil spirit “from” the Lord?

We all know that God is holy, I always wonder what relationship that light has with darkness. How could an embodiment of holiness have evil in possession. Please note that this case is different from that of Job where God allowed devil to take hold of him. In this very case, the evil spirit is reported to be directly from God. This seems to be that God himself has evil and holy spirit in his possession. He uses them as he wants. Something like he can choose to be holy or evil...

It is Sunday, Nairaland, Mama Fryo wants to hear your views about this question. Any logical, analytic or detail answer?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by JOHNBULLZZ: 11:39pm On Feb 09, 2020
All the answers are in the bible. many xtians do not read the bible and out of the few that read, less than 0.001%
understand because of Math. 13v10 down. All my bible quotations are from the modern english bible ie: good news and living. The universe has only one commander. Our Lord taught the disciples the bible only in private. This was physical
but after CHRIST died and resurrected HE now operates in the spiritual. see 1John 2v27. He teaches those who He indwells. Now to answer your question: ALL COMMANDS IN THE UNIVERSE COME FROM GOD ALMIGHTY ONLY. satan is a servant of GOD and takes direct orders from GOD. In job 1v6 the commander held a meeting with HIS service chiefs and you can see the commander discussing with satan here refereed to as one of the heavenly beings on how to torture Job.GOD WANTED TO PROMOTE JOB AND SO WANTED HIM TO BE PURIFIED THRU FIRE.
In job 1v12 GOD gave satan the permission to start work on Job and without wasting time satan sent his agents on earth. GOD WANTED TO FIND OUT IF JOB WILL WORSHIP HIM IN SEVERE ADVERSITY. Also in luke 22v31 our LORD JESUS give permission to satan to test Peter. In isaiah 45v7 GOD TELLS US THAT HE IS THE ONE THAT DO GOOD AND EVIL. ALSO READ AMOS 3V6 . In romans 8v28 we see that everything that GOD does is good because EVERY THING THAT GOD DOES WORK FOR GOOD WHETHER YOU SEE IT OR NOT. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS VERSE THAT THOSE IN CHRIST MUST GIVE GOD THANKS IN ALL SITUATIONS. WE HUMAN BEINGS KNOW GOOD AND BAD BECAUSE OF THE FRUIT OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND BAD THAT ADAM AND EVE ATE. THIS IS WHAT CHRIST CAME TO CORRECT. What our LORD wants from HIS followers is obedience even onto death as HE did. Nobody questions GOD. But humanly speaking, saul committed two great offences. Both are cases of disobedience. case no.1 = in samuel 10v8 Samuel told saul " I will surely come down to you to sacrifice burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, ... You should wait for seven days, until I arrive and tell you what to do." but in Samuel 13v9 because Samuel did not come to Gilgal, and the troops began to desert Saul, Saul did the sacrifice. Saul was logically right, but GOD does not deal with logic. In the second case :- 1 samuel 15v3 king saul was given a very clear instruction " go and attack and completly destroy the Amalekites but verse 7 tells us king saul defeated the Amalekites but spared their king and the best sheep and cattle. The bible is for very serious and committed Christians. The bible is real. For example when Damascus was still a bubbling thriving city, 3000 yrs ago isaiah in chapter 17v1 wrote "The Lord said Damascus will no longer be a city but a pile of ruins. How the world will end and what will happen to the usa called mystery babylon, where the 3rd world war will start from, everything is in the Holy bible. The 3rd world war is not the end of the world but at least one continent will go. SO MUCH TO SAY. You can see that the bible is sweet.

EMMANUEL 09031918317
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by TeeMacKuz: 11:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

answer this and find the truth
do not attract God's wrath with shallow ignorance that fly out of your mouth

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.

you call yourself a Christian yet the amount of "fools" you typed in your statement would make Mama Biliki (wey sabi curse) to squirm
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by LeeSantos(m): 6:02am On Feb 10, 2020
Inteltower:

it's all about understanding..
and know u understand..
happy Sunday

am glad you made no sense

Says some1 speaking from the back of their brain!
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by maak400: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2020
hupernikao:
So sad how some Christians has become so lazy to study God's word. It's more sad, to see same not able to convincingly argue his case or explain using the scriptures when beliefs are being questioned. The silliest of all as seen in most response above is "God can decide to do anyhow he likes, he is God". How does this sound to you? Such utterance is a result of very bad training and learning of the scriptures. The scriptures reveals God to us, read and find out. That is the essence of the scriptures.

How will you say in one stand that there is no evil in God, he is loving and in another stead says he can use evil or send evil for whatever reason. It takes a low IQ to utter this and also believe the same.

Some will even results to abusing the fellow who is seeking knowledge to know while forgeting that the reason many come online to ask questions is because their churches have refused or neglected to provide answers or disappointed in explanation.

You can't keep silencing a heart that seek for knowledge. The solution is God's light and it comes only through and through when His word is rightly divided and explained.

Psalms 119:130

" The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple."

Sadly that is hard to see among many Christians even here.

Until we start to be serious with studying hard to know and find out and be able to explain the same, To examine the scriptures and diligently expound and explain, we will only be making a mess of our interpretation of the glorious writings and scriptures delivered unto us.

I truly wonder what was actually been taught in many denominations today that the simplest of all posers will be handled badly and sadly even by believers. May God help us all.
So what is your answer to the topic? Since you have studied the scriptures, provide your own response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.