Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (20596 Views)

Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children. / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by 198800Mam(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
[quote author=Inteltower post=86309275]

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?
CANT U JST REPLY OR ADMONISH SMBDY WITHOUT INSULTING N CALLING DEM FOOLS?TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT RELIGION IS OUR GREATEST PROBLEM IN DIS WORLD

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

seek understanding you won't,
you only read content not context
.please just answer this question

when has God done evil ?
point to the scripture pls u are referring to..

secondly, if you are a god how will you punish ur creation that continuously disobey you ?

let's see if you can use that grey matter on ur head for once

I won't label u names.. but look at urself in the mirror and see the error that clouds ur judgement

seriously you're not a born again christian seen the way you have been attacking people from onset your altitude shows you're very arrogant if Jesus teaches people the way you do nobody will listen to him,plz change your way, calling people all sort of names haba because of what,if you can't cope with the topic then u shut your mouth you didn't help anybody here,your comment here didn't educate anybody but full of insult and intimidation,try that guy who told you,you should give him one week with your infliction, rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
hupernikao:

Why are you so unstable in your discussion. Below is what you said earlier which I responded to

I asked you to explain where you see such in the scripture how God uses evil. My use of words on my response is a game on you. You are the one who said God can use evil as he wills. So explain from the scriptures both in content and in context. Lol. You can't lay a claim and then swiftly change it again. Kindly put out here the explanation of your word that I quoted.

the guy Intel or what did he call himself didn't know anything just leave him alone mere seen all his utterances means he is evil himself

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

don't Quote me please

study ur Bible well ..not the content but the context

this is how many Christian misinterpret the passage "judge not so thou not to be judged"
they mix chastening with condemnation

didn't our master Christ label the Pharisees names that are relative to their wicked intentions and ungodly ways.

its by love and responsibility as an ambassador of Christ I even pass this message.
i read your intention op here. as Christ does u must learn peoples motives b4 choosing whether or not to answer them or how u will deliver the message (truth)
Christ wasn't always gentle with his words especially to those that weren't seeking truth but argument..

so correct your posture when talking to such people
remember the teaching of casting ur pearls towards dogs and swine..

understand context not content.
if one behaves like a thief u call him thief
if one behaves like a fool u begin to misinterpret context

You my friend are one of the few wise ones in this country.

You learnt how to rightly divide the word of truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
hupernikao:

You are the one am questioning, don't throw the don't question God card on me. You are the one explaining the scriptures and said God can use evil. So you should explain. God doesn't just do things. His actions are in his words.

Did God send evil to Saul as you assert? If yes, then he is must be using evil. But I told you God is all light, he has never used evil before and will never. He didn't send evil to Saul, there is no evil in him. Don't paint a seemingly unstable God with swindling character.

If God is light, he is. Don't throw God is God as an excuse to mislead that God can chose to do as he wills (including using evil). Christ showed us the father, the very essence of God in his humanity, did you see any evil trait in him? Was Christ offended, abused, persecuted etc, YES
Did he use evil to respond? NO. That is the fathers action all through the ages. He hasn't change from the days of Adam till eternity. He is all good. A good God. Who repays no evil for evil, who gave good even to the ungodly and ungrateful. In his love lies his perfection.

You need to engage yourself in more study and find out what is the source of all evil in the OT. I mean every form of appearance of evil. From Adam's sin, Cain offences, Pharaoh's actions, killing of firstborn till Malachi.

You must always know what God's action is in all these. His actions is to deliver, save, help, long-suffering, provide, support, etc. The one that uses evil from beginning till now is the destroyer, the liar, the thief, the killer. Know how to read and separate God's character. If it's not clear, then it calls for more study not assumptions.
but you have not explain yourself concerning this topic,we need your full explanation before asking people question about this topic,God hardened pharoah heart,God sent evil spirit to tormenting Saul it was written in the Bible so we should not believe what it was written in the Bible?plz you need to educate us,what about Job issue?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2020
hupernikao:

I will give you a fundamental fact which you must always use to guide you in explanations of God's character. "In God, you can't find evil. He is all good". No matter how you paint evil, evil is evil. The moment you say God uses it. Then that implies evil. You can't have light and darkness the same time. If God cannot change, then he can't have a varied character. He can't do good today and use evil tomorrow. That is unstable. Until you hold this facts as sacred you will never see the light in all those passages you mentioned above. You won't study further, since you already concluded that it's God doing as he wills, killing, destroying and maiming. But the day you start seeing God as all lights, in whom there is no darkness at all, them you will start questioning your explanation of those verses and seek proper interpretation.

It's sad today, that most churches will not give priority to proper biblical interpretation but rather frivolities of non eternal things. This is the reason many unanswered questions draw men away from true fellowship with God. For example if I ask you now based on your words above "if God can use evil or make evil happen, why will he tell us not to do evil at all"? Your response will surely be, you cannot question God, he is God not man. At most, this is a very lazy, unserious and silly response. That he will do evil and yet punish man who does evil. But praise be to God, we have seen Christ, the true definition of the father. We saw no evil in him. He showed us the father, he brought the father to us in humanity, a loving God, a gracious father. Christ words about God should be your foundation of interpretation of God's character, not Moses, Abraham, Job, Daniel etc. We see the fullness of God explained in Christ.
you have not still explain better here also plz don't ask questions explain those verses in the scripture where it seems we believed God used evil sprits to punished his people by disobeying him
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by CosmicJames(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
MamaFryo:

Why do we have to set the phrase aside. It is clearly written that evil spirit from the Lord. All your explanations would have been valid if what is written was "...and evil spirit came to torment Saul". Why must it come from the Lord? We are meant to know that He is holiness in perfection, no trace of evil in Him, so how can evil spirit come from him? Going by the common Christian sense, God is positive while devil is negative. So, why can positive come from negative? Is there negativity in positivity? grin
The questions you are asking are questions you can figure out yourself.
But it appears you are operating from a low level of consciousness or knowledge about God and the universe.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U keep saying what I ddnt say... u are asking questions and giving urself answer....just like u said above in the bolded.....
In ur previous comment that’s how u also claimed I said God did all the plane crash and accidents....

..I was already clear... God doesn’t do evil mayb we can agree on that. I’m not painting another character of God...u keep saying that...i’ll write a whole bunch of text... then u pick a part and start to turn it upside down.
I only said humans perceive or interpret God’s actions as evil.
Please answer me the questions below
Did he wipe the earth with flood or not??
Did he visit sodom and Gomorrah with burning sulphur or not??
Did he visit the Egyptians with plagues or not??
Did he take his spirit from Saul or not causing an evil spirit to take him over?

My point is who are we to be able to understand God’s actions and motives?? We are so limited...
even Paul spoke about handing over the flesh of the sinner to the devil so that his soul can be saved...1cor 5v5....is this evil?? But when this happens we interpret it as evil...

God will bless you my brother exactly what I wanted to hear from him
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by WaleFoto(m): 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oluromantic:
I think a bigger question to answer is why God hardened Pharaoh's heart and led him to the destruction he prepared for him. Exodus 9:12
Romans 9:13 As it is written:
I loved Jacob but hated Esau

14- What then shall we say? is there injustice on the part of God? of course not. 15-For he says to Moses;
"I will show Mercy to whom I will show Mercy, I will take pity to whom I will take pity.

17- For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "This is why I have raised you up, to show my power through you that my name be proclaimed throughout the earth".
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
That part of the Bible is not translated correctly, evil spirit cannot come from God, The anoitnig and favor of God left Paul,he became vulnerable to the enticing of the devil
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by bendazum: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oluromantic:
I think a bigger question to answer is why God hardened Pharaoh's heart and led him to the destruction he prepared for him. Exodus 9:12

Truth is that: the carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit.

God is God and He alone can tell why He did or does what He does. Any other explanation is merely a figment of our imagination and 'wisdom' which He calls foolishness.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hisroyalbadmeat:
That part of the Bible is not translated correctly, evil spirit cannot come from God, The anoitnig and favor of God left Paul,he became vulnerable to the enticing of the devil

[b]Why is it hard to belive that God can correct his children..the tormenting spirit was for saul’s repentance...that’s not evil... Paul made this clear in 1cor 5v5 ...
In the same book of Samuel, God still sent him a way out of his torment tru David, because Saul never repented so that the tormenting spirit could leave...God was still merciful to Saul... he still reigned for a whooping 40yrs over isreal..

In first Kings, ddnt he send a spirit who said he was gonna become a lying spirit to entice king ahab unto his destruction??

Ddnt the same good angel Gabriel make Zachariah the father of John the Baptist dumb for 9months..has an angel from God become evil all of a sudden.?? Or angel gabriel isn’t from the lord again??

We should stop misinterpreting the Bible, and keep saying the Bible isn’t written well.. just because the Bible says that God his holy doesn’t mean he won’t excecute his function as a judge of this earth.. he’s not partial...the wages of sin is death.. he made provisions tru Jesus.....
You don’t take that provision, u have automatically signed up for destruction, abi it’s the devil that will still put people in hell as final punishment??
[/b]
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by engrchykae(m): 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oluromantic:
God is just,if pharoah wasn't stubborn, justice won't be done.
It is of nature that the Egyptian men should drown because they drowned Hebrew male kids who if they were alive would be the age of pharoah's captains.
If pharoah wasn't stubborn, the hebrews won't be paid for 430 years of unpaid labor.
Every debt must be settled.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
engrchykae:
God is just,if pharoah wasn't stubborn, justice won't be done.
It is of nature that the Egyptian men should drown because they drowned Hebrew male kids who if they were alive would be the age of pharoah's captains.
If pharoah wasn't stubborn, the hebrews won't be paid for 430 years of unpaid labor.
Every debt must be settled.

U will not die young.....
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Blackpearlous(f): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
MamaFryo:
Question: "Why did God send an evil spirit to torment King Saul?"

First Samuel 16:14 says, “The Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.” This is also mentioned in 1 Samuel 16:15–16, 23; 18:10; and 19:9. Why did God let an evil spirit torment Saul? In what way was the evil spirit “from” the Lord?

We all know that God is holy, I always wonder what relationship that light has with darkness. How could an embodiment of holiness have evil in possession. Please note that this case is different from that of Job where God allowed devil to take hold of him. In this very case, the evil spirit is reported to be directly from God. This seems to be that God himself has evil and holy spirit in his possession. He uses them as he wants. Something like he can choose to be holy or evil...

It is Sunday, Nairaland, Mama Fryo wants to hear your views about this question. Any logical, analytic or detail answer?
Go to www.livingword.org.ng download law in Genesis or does God do evil. Or find a saint community church near you ask any leader
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by FAT17(f): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
some things we humans can't to be evil or unfair is not actually evil is just a means of corrections and to draw us back to God example a snake that bite and inject poison to kill it's prey(other animals of even humans) we term that snake to be evil in which the snake is not evil that just the way creator made it
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by emeka1759(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
God has the power to control every spirit
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by hupernikao: 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Otunba2004:
you have not still explain better here also plz don't ask questions explain those verses in the scripture where it seems we believed God used evil sprits to punished his people by disobeying him

You are the one that haven't read me well. There is no place in my writing that say or affirm what you ar3 asking me to explain. The body of scriptures showed that there is no evil in God and does no evil from the beginning till end. So telling me to explain how God use evil is telling me to explain what is not in the scriptures. He doesn't use evil or evil spirit Sir.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Giftexx: 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
My Aunt on her dying bed, said, “...I’ve seen Jesus”
Jesus is real!
Life after death is real.
HacheNoire:

All your beliefs are fictions.

Jesus discussing with devil?

Cartoons!
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by kingxsamz(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
uzohrome:
Yes the evil spirit is from God. God works with the devil most times as a repercussion for offenders. You know that Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power. God knew that all power belongs to him and make Christ to take charge over them. I often tell some persons if God did not bind or kill the devil who are you to do so. All you need do is to believe in God and born again in Christ and the devil will depart from you. Devil will always have one on one discussion with God about any situation. If God say yes go ahead then the devil will do a perfect work. Check The story of Job. Devil and God in a round table maybe with some bottle of wine and well garnished fresh fish discussing how to try or deal with Job, I mean very obedient child of God. God give the devil go ahead to try Job. Maybe they end the discussion with a toast laughing and hugging each other. But over here na to kill devil. die die die ... Haba for watin na. Even Jesus still get time to discuss with the devil and they resolve amicably without fighting each other. Jesus for bind and cast the devil immediately to end all this devil issues. For me devil is never our problems, we are the architect of our own misfortune. I think I need go bible school. grin

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by kingxsamz(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
Inteltower:

you fool, be mindful of what you say about God.
if you don't have understanding stop displaying your pathetic ignorance.
He is God and if he demands Satan in his presence Satan will obey (See the book of job)
didn't he use Israelites enemies from time to time to punish them (Egypt, Rome, etc)
you fool for both evil and good things/beings he can use; Isn't he God ? (See book of revelations about the four horse men)
didn't he send the angel of death to kill every first born male in Egypt ?
didn't he send a lying spirit to an Israelite king who surrounded himself with many prophets
didn't he send the 10 plagues to Egypt
or destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ?

you ignorant fool am asking you isn't he God ?
if you were a god in his shoes how will you punish mankind for their sinful ways ?

answer this and find the truth
do not attract God's wrath with shallow ignorance that fly out of your mouth

gosh some peoples understanding are really wack and darkened that they snare their souls for condemnation

Lord forgive me I can't stand fools that are not looking for truth but argument like the Pharisees.

I see no other fool here except you. cheesy
You're the type that will believe anything your pastor tells you.
Don't worry someday your senses will return.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

I see no other fool here except you. cheesy You're the type that will believe anything your pastor tells you. Don't worry someday your senses will return.

am glad u made no sense
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Otunba2004:
seriously you're not a born again christian seen the way you have been attacking people from onset your altitude shows you're very arrogant if Jesus teaches people the way you do nobody will listen to him,plz change your way, calling people all sort of names haba because of what,if you can't cope with the topic then u shut your mouth you didn't help anybody here,your comment here didn't educate anybody but full of insult and intimidation,try that guy who told you,you should give him one week with your infliction, rubbish

first u aren't God to say am not one of his
secondly I acknowledge that I can flare up when I see people talking/assuming/preaching falsely against God but It shows am a son & disciple that loves his father and will speak up when it matters when gently or angrily
lastly I will say to my self I did what I have to do in that manner against the dogs that won't value the pearl. rather than beg/pacify their ego knowing that might not listen I delivered the message as a sword right to the accuser's heart.
don't think in preaching the gospel u will always use the gentle way. there must be balance.
if u call me arrogant by the manner I reproached them attacking God, what says u when my master drove out those that were selling in the temple ?

at least am doing something regarding the kingdom; what are you doing ?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by kingsvictor2: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
uzohrome:
Yes the evil spirit is from God. God works with the devil most times as a repercussion for offenders. You know that Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power. God knew that all power belongs to him and make Christ to take charge over them. I often tell some persons if God did not bind or kill the devil who are you to do so. All you need do is to believe in God and born again in Christ and the devil will depart from you. Devil will always have one on one discussion with God about any situation. If God say yes go ahead then the devil will do a perfect work. Check The story of Job. Devil and God in a round table maybe with some bottle of wine and well garnished fresh fish discussing how to try or deal with Job, I mean very obedient child of God. God give the devil go ahead to try Job. Maybe they end the discussion with a toast laughing and hugging each other. But over here na to kill devil. die die die ... Haba for watin na. Even Jesus still get time to discuss with the devil and they resolve amicably without fighting each other. Jesus for bind and cast the devil immediately to end all this devil issues. For me devil is never our problems, we are the architect of our own misfortune. I think I need go bible school. grin
in a nutshell, Jesus or god are playing chess with humans...lol. both are pieces of shit, u know why? they are both myth

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Abuventure: 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
uzohrome:
brother devil is the architect of our misfortune. any thing bad comes from him. See how he does it, he trys to destroy us through our desire. That is why we need to control our desire and keep our body on check so we can defeat him

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by incredible47: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
It's simple illustrations;to show forth is glory,power and supremacy over mankind.also to show men that he hate sin.when God presence depart from someone,the enemy of our soul will abode with wicked spirits to torment souls. God is light,pure,holy and there's No darkness at all.It's not until you point to job story.Don't attributes evil news or event to God.
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
[quote author=198800Mam post=86504522][/quote].

when someone steals people gather and if u were among the crowd all will label him thief

now when someone here out of ignorance and deliberate stubbornness does not want to listen to reason and does the opposite of what is expected .he is labelled a fool right.

I wasn't in anyway cursing .but simply labelling the person to the behavior they displayed. like Christ did towards the Pharisees

its all about understanding..

finally u lack reasoning.
man not religion is the problem..

there is a difference between faith & religion. if ur eye never clear for Those two concepts..
don't quote me
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
k2money:

Why are you defending your wicked God?
If the story happens to be in Africa you people would have label that God evil.

am glad u made no sense
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
josephogaga:

My dear we r in the era of Grace, even when Christ was a walking flesh he didn't afflict people, like what u are about to do now, study the book of Mathew 5:38..

This is y knowledge to the blacks are limited cus it will be miss use, small anointing u have now u, u are now talking like a God

never intended to curse the person ooo I know Christ's instructions
some people no dey fear another person It's when u remind them of the Holy spirit they start trembling because we know say he doesn't tolerate nonsense at all...

its like telling a bully that ur big brother will teach him a lesson.
guy I know the family I came from; I can't be threatened any how
I know my identity, do you ?
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Inteltower: 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
JastSiryin:
You're the biggest idiot I've come across so far... If you didn't have an answer to give why didn't you just shut da hell up!?... It's your type that would never speak their mind, nor clear their doubts. End up going the grave a complete dunce that never really learned anything, neither could you exercise true faith in God because of those lingering doubts. Everyone has them, believe me. You just want to be ignorant, and somehow you think that's what faith is. Blind belief. You're clearly suffering from symptoms of fanaticism, I wish you a quick recovery bro. grin

am glad you made no sense
Re: Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? by Otunba2004(m): 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
hupernikao:

You are the one that haven't read me well. There is no place in my writing that say or affirm what you ar3 asking me to explain. The body of scriptures showed that there is no evil in God and does no evil from the beginning till end. So telling me to explain how God use evil is telling me to explain what is not in the scriptures. He doesn't use evil or evil spirit Sir.
you are not a good teacher, you flawed with your teaching nobody even understand angle of your argument it seems you knew what we don't know,keep it up bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Massacre: The Day Integrity Finally Left Nigeria - By Osayimwen Osahon / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.