Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! (1861 Views)

"Foreign Aid Can Never Help Africa Grow Its Economy" GEJ At Hope Global Forums / How To Help Africa / Help Lagos Needs Help, Nigeria Needs Help, West Africa Needs Help, Africa Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by docokwy(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2007
Those who say Igbos are not patriotic should watch this:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/127
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by egbon(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2007
I'm not sure how much she was paid to present, but I truly salute this woman's efforts. Hats of to her, I really hope that she will be involved in this new government.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by eko4show(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2007
Even Bill Clinton couldn't have spoken that long without looking at a prepared speech. She is a worthy ambassador.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by Seun(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2007
And more importantly, her message is spot on.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by jockey112(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2007
simple, to make nigeria or africa great get the best people on the job and we would all be better for it.

God bless her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by Mamajama(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2007
Good Job and thanks to America for liberating her, we must remember where she has been for over 20 years.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by babasin(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2007
as good as the speech could have been, she told a wrong story:Alarms!

where was it confirmed that 8min was transfered?

how did she know that Alarm dressed like woman?

what about with Uba using creditcard with stolen money to buy tracktor for OBJ?

what about OBJ farm; moribound in 1999 now laying golden egg in 2007?

very disappointing,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by hbrednic: 10:27pm On May 31, 2007
nigerians always find fault in everything, all i can say is may god bless this woman and her family.
she is worthy of all the praises.good ambassador and a true nigerian.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by Mamajama(m): 10:29pm On May 31, 2007
its in our blood, babasin you no see Alam in woman wrapper?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by hbrednic: 10:37pm On May 31, 2007
Good Job and thanks to America for liberating her, we must remember where she has been for over 20 years.

@MAMAJAMA
she spent over 20yrs in america,but she must have spent over 35yrs in nigeria,so no thanks to america.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by jockey112(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2007
@ babasin
was it a wrong story that ALAMS is infact in  JAIL ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by Tmoni(m): 11:46pm On May 31, 2007
the woman is well worth her salt
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by tng(f): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2007
She is definitely a very intelligent person. There was this debate on BBC on the topic of giving aid to africa-if it was acheiving its purpose or not.She was on the panel and she had very sound arguments.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by babasin(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2007
Alam is Police Custody. He has not been convincted of any crime.  I am not saying he guilty or not!

Plus, there is evidence to support he left UK in woman dress.

Even British Police have not come clear on that!

She is brilliant but she should use valid story; Tafa would have do as the case was conclusive
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by obyann(f): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2007
A woman worthy of emulation. I give her KUDOS cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by akara(m): 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2007
We have people jooooooooooo. Nice one!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by yktj(m): 10:41pm On Jun 01, 2007
Even the prophets of God have there own shortcomings. That's why we are human.
For Iweala, she has done creditable well. If all our past leaders were as good as Iweala, I think Nigeria would have been better place.
For those who say Ibos are not patriotic, you better watch it. 75% of the achievements of the past government are the handy work of the Ibo!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by jockey112(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2007
@yktj
that could be true 75% of achievements by ibo but if you have the opportunity to meet any one of them ,they will tell you they could have never be successfull without the political will and that credit goes to the former president who is a yoruba man,so tribe or no tribe we would never get anywhere unless the will to make things work is there and  my hope is that the new president have the will and determination too
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by docokwy(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2007
jockey112:

@yktj
that could be true 75% of achievements by ibo but if you have the opportunity to meet any one of them ,they will tell you they could have never be successfull without the political will and that credit goes to the former president who is a yoruba man,so tribe or no tribe we would never get anywhere unless the will to make things work is there and my hope is that the new president have the will and determination too

I like your line of argument. But isn't surprising that the Yoruba ministers could not achieve anything when their brother was a president. For example, look at the CBN under Sanusi (Yoruba) and compare it to now. Does that by any chance confirm the Yoruba penchant for incompetence and mediocrity?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by ijogbon(m): 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2007
The tribal slant to proactive discussions on this forum is getting very boring.

We should be celebrating the fact that NIGERIANS were given the chance to serve their fatherland and were given the resources and the support to do so.

If you are given the chance to serve your country you should do it with pride and integrity. If you choose to serve yourself, your tribe, your family or any other so constituted constituent the shame is on you.

The list of people who served their country with Pride and Integrity in the past political dispensation is long and worthy of pride. And includes every type of persons, ALL Nigerians.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by ell77(f): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2007
God Bless this woman! She is my idol, my role model, in fact I think one day she should be president!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by jockey112(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2007
docokwy:

I like your line of argument. But isn't surprising that the Yoruba ministers could not achieve anything when their brother was a president. For example, look at the CBN under Sanusi (Yoruba) and compare it to now. Does that by any chance confirm the Yoruba penchant for incompetence and mediocrity?

i think you miss my point .

ijogbon:

The tribal slant to proactive discussions on this forum is getting very boring.

We should be celebrating the fact that NIGERIANS were given the chance to serve their fatherland and were given the resources and the support to do so.

If you are given the chance to serve your country you should do it with pride and integrity. If you choose to serve yourself, your tribe, your family or any other so constituted constituent the shame is on you.

The list of people who served their country with Pride and Integrity in the past political dispensation is long and worthy of pride. And includes every type of persons, ALL Nigerians.

Thanks could not have said it better
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by Boywonda: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2007
For me, I think the woman is a worthy role model!There are lots of biz opportunities here that Africans are not even taking advantage of. that is why foriegn investors come to steal the show.her resignation as minister of finance was a big loss to OBJ's govt. 'Madam due process' is another great woman. I think the new president should appoint people like this in his govt.
Am sure it will bring bout great development.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala: How To Help Africa? Do Business There! by chichimma(f): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2007
A good speech from a great role model to us Africans.
I am happy when I hear wise Nigerians speak ( especially, a woman) and look at the positive side of the continent.
We know all about the negative associations that encounters Africa now is time to focus on the positive elements.
I wish more leaders are like that in Nigeria.

Prepare the continent to be delivered from all the evil and negative associations.

It is time for a new reform, a revolution for Africa, to deevelop and excellcheesy

Positive things for positive thinkers!

God bless her!

(1) (Reply)

Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? / Controversy Trails Planned Re-sale Of Nitel, M-tel / Sahara Reporters Always Carry Fake/negetive News About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.