Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice (7556 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by sunnp(m): 5:22am On Feb 03, 2020
Hmmm na wa oooo

Vicyace:

Haaa...

Wife,

Please can you talk to your husband offline please? Please seek the help of a respected family member or a marriage counsellor.

I would appreciate if you could delete your comment and advice your husband to do the same.

You both can sort this out. Your side of the story is reasonable but nairaland.com comments may do more harm than damage.

Please speak with him and sort this out offline. Not online please.

Many of the comment here will be from people that do not want your happiness or progress.

Once again sort it out offline
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by TheArchangel(f): 5:40am On Feb 03, 2020
;DThose asking for the other side of the story.

E dey gidigba grin

2 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by exposition: 6:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Set standards you're not married to your in-laws!
Your wife's brother cannot decide for your wife or your family
Period!
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by frugal(m): 6:13am On Feb 03, 2020
2kaybiel:
First of all, you made the big mistake by giving your wife such big amount for upkeep of the family. Women don't know how to manage huge money. They will start off by sending money to families, friends, non-related people.
shocked What a primitive & sexist thing to say. I dey shame for you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by sisisioge: 6:39am On Feb 03, 2020
Danteeee:

And we all had our doubts.. yet she fought, stuck and convinced us to accept him despite numerous decent suitors that came.. and yet this nigga can’t even do same for her.. protect, fight respect and treat her like a wife.. only prefers to abuse her at every slightest opportunity.. my sister now has a long list of book where she calculates every penny and kobo she spends.. made her loose herself confidence and worth.. guy! I swear.. lemme just respect her sanity.. let her heal first..

Oga! One love.

Modified.
I just read one of his chats

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by sisisioge: 6:43am On Feb 03, 2020
Ijeoma1187:
This is what I get anytime money comes up

Wow...hope you guys have addressed his penchant for verbal abuse...that was too much.

7 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by cococandy(f): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2020
This can’t be real

5 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by cococandy(f): 6:48am On Feb 03, 2020
I knew he couldn’t have been saying the truth

Ijeoma1187:
Mean while his friends kept telling him to caution his wife and some even abused me . So I got angry and said since we are seeking 3rd party opinions maybe I should ask some people as well too, so I asked my brother and forwarded the reply of his friends to him, my brother was like I should tell my husband this is marriage and he should man up and stop seeking 3rd party opinion, that real men don’t discuss their wife’s with their friends and what excatly is he trying to do ?? Make me a bad person before his friends or what , and my brother said real men protect their wife’s and not expose them ... Meanwhile he has been away since July 20th and we don’t have a date he will be back to Nigeria while I am here alone with my baby and not help just me and my daughter, and they started asking me how often do we talk? I said in a month my husband does not even do a video call or voice call with us we just chat and chat and chat and I send. Pictures of our daughter to him that’s all..: so my people became skeptical especially my brother because a particular voice note his friend sent to him about me telling my husband that he should caution me. That was my brothers reply to my husband and her replied my brother to tell him that he is foolish and he has lost his respect for him. Things got out of hand and since I am the last my people asked me to come back home and arrangements are being made to resettle me. So the problem now is my family is angry because my husband abuse me verbally a lot, any small thing he will reign abuses on me that is unspeakable, no family will want this kind of situation for their daughter and my dad also heard and he asked me to come home to meet with their family because the mum has been nice to me and the father and it won’t be nice if I pick my things and go just like that

5 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Please I need advice on how to handle this, I gave my wife the sum of 400k for her and my 2 years old daughter around November and this January she’s already calling to tell me that she’s out of cash and I got worried and started questioning her how she spent such amount on feeding within such a short period of time ,that made us got into serious arguments which lasted for 2 days then I have to ask few married friends if is ok to exhaust such amount of money on feeding within 3 months and they gave me their answers which I sent to my wife too ...Now my wife immediately forwarded same messages to his brother living abroad too and also along with some conversations we had long time ago where she got me angry and insulted her by calling her idiot and stupid ...... His brother got angry and ask her to divorce me and immediately she started packing her belongings,I saw so surprised when she called me that she’s leaving my house ....I also learnt that his brother called his friend living in Abuja too to go and drag her out of my house if she doesn’t want to go ...... So I was so surprised when she asked me where to drop my keys I have to start begging her to calm down but she insisted that his family wants her to go ,then I have to call her mother and explained my own part of the story but the mother said there is nothing she can do since her siblings wants her to go . Now the problem is that my wife doesn’t want to go anymore but she doesn’t have the courage to tell her family that we have settled our misunderstand and doesn’t want to go anymore . She wants me to start calling every member of her family including her father to apologize and reassure them my love towards her again but to me I don’t know how to start the conversation with the father more especially because i believe having issues in marriage is normal and everyone understands that fact and since I have made up with her is their any need calling her family again

NB: They brother in abroad gave me the insult of life by sending a message to my wife which she also forwarded to me by calling me all sorts of names like immature and childish husband, and this same guy is of the same age bracket with me. Plz I need ur candid advice don’t mind my English and typos.

Since you are a newly married man, I'll be gentle. Stop putting your marriage affairs on the public sphere. You gave your wife money, your wife spent the money, what concerns all your brothers and sisters and all her brothers and sisters? Kuku call my own brothers and sisters as well. Ok sorry, I promised to be gentle.

A man commands and controls his family, he doesn't go wailing to outsiders to do the job for him. Once he does that, he loses his power base and effectively becomes a woman. You now have two bitter women in the house both controlled by their respective families from the ringside.

Keep that in mind.

PS the only time you pay big cash for anything is when you are starting a business. You don't give a woman in one day what a woman should use for one year. You divide it into 12 months or better still, 52 weeks; and pay it instalmentally into her account. It's ok to make mistakes, but one must learn from them not continue making them.

4 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by pacehood(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
oga you married in to a Banana Republic your wife is not loyal to you, her family will ruin your life some day. Her brother has no right to dictate what goes on in your home. Your wife is immature and childish, how can she raise your kids.I feel for you man.

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by DaHrNn0001: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2020
She said if I don’t call his Father and apologize to him that she will still go to her house even though we have settled our misunderstanding that she still have to go until I apologize to the father and reassure him that I still love her daughter.

Please don't....I'm newly married too...no one or relative will control my home... You made your mistakes but not at the mercy of her family... Unless you didn't marry her rightly... I had issues with mine the next day of my wedding and while I was walking away I mistakenly her to the wall and had a cut. The family wanted her back like beat her and I said OK... Na she carry herself come back after few hours without apologizing to anyone rather my woman... Man up and don't let anyone be using abroad to be abusing your integrity as a man.
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Gboliwe: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2020
And the immature man has deactivated.

Dude cannot even stand and defend his post.

What a waste of human! This one needs to grow the hell up!

How can a married man, a year old married man be happy with just texts and chats with his new wife? No calls, no videos. How? His wife is surely lacking attention and her acts are understandable.

I sympathize with her.

You married a child. Breastfeed him to maturity of dump his sorry ass. You are not his mother!

17 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Triniti(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2020
Danteeee:

Nwanne no talk Wetin u no sabi.. sustain the moral weh u dey give ooh.. one love!
Aboy use your head, don’t go about dishing out threats! Nobody wins when the family rows, learn to choose your battle wisely, y’all better get off nairaland and solve this amicably. Tell your sister to stop with the receipts, the internet never forgets!

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by punisha: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Thus is really saddening.
Oga grow up n be a man. Only way ur marriage will last the test of time is to quit seeking a third party validation. Learn to be calm n reason with your wife. You can see how just one tiny problem has made her list her endless pains...
This means u ain't doing ur job as d man of the house correctly.
Learn to accept ur wrongs when u are, be slow to speak also. U talk like a woman no offense. She seems d matured one outta u two.

Apologizing to her won't make u less of a man either.
How do I know all these? Almost 4years of marriage and we haven't had a quarrel escape our roof. We fix it before dawn of the next day. Happiness should reign at all time in ur home. U r far away so the job is even times 2 and please pick out all she's mentioned and work on those.
450k isn't that bug amount anymore like u think. I watch 500k disappear in two weeks in my home and most times we don't even know what it was used for. Stop checking ur wife's account too oga. Build trust.

As for u wifey. Learn to tolerate your hubby. Be subtle. Two wrongs don't make a right. When next he blows off like a canon remain calm and try not to exchange fire for fire. For now do as he says in terms of making a note of what was spent and just keep giving it ur best shot. U sound like a nice woman. Don't let him turn u into what u r not. For the sake of ur child. I'm sure there are nice traits about him too that made u fall in love. Hold onto those n forgive.

Ijeoma1187:
Remove this thing pls... now see what my brother sent to me ..

2 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Centrallock: 8:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Ijeoma1187 you must be the nagging type, posting those WhatsApp chats and all is for what exactly? To be pitted i guess, from who? Online user's, nairalandlers? That's pathetic and mind you no marriage is made in heaven, every man has his weaknesses, some cant abuse you but will ridicule you emotionally, some won't ridicule you but cheat on you massively infant no need typing much. But leaving your home will not make you any good based on this issue, secondary am suprised at the type of family you have. How can you father and parents expect you and ask you to come home especially your dad without giving this young man any opportunity to correct his bullshit. Your husband is an emotional idiot who is controlled by his emotions and not his senses, is your dad a saint? Are your brothers saint?, every man has once in a while stepped out of place. Now the only thing i can tell you is if you cant for the sake of your child make peace in your home as the neck of the family then you clearly should not have been in marriage in the first place. And if you eventually pack out your husband will freely adapt to the society not you regardless of what your parents says and brothers they will not be there for your at all time, and once you start giving them responsibilities expect them to complain. Let your brothers allow you to face your challenges at home.
I wish i cant qoute that your immature husband who has given away his power and masculinity for the sake of emotions and insecurities that nigga needs to sound slap.
But i will still write this here so you can see incase you somehow gets to have a glance at this,
Men dont argue with a woman, in arguments women are always 100 and 1% right. Secondary when in marriage any money you give to your woman count it as a loss in other words if you have 400k to give start by giving it bit by bit cause surely demands must come, even you as a man spends more than budgeted sometimes not to talk of women, and for the sake of christ stop abusing your wife nigga, what will abusing her add to you? Do you think you can have abusive words more than her if she decides to engage you on one? Why on earth will you tell you friends shit about your wife can you defend her in the cause of insults from them? Friends are not your family dude, and how ever you wish to handle your marriage always remember misunderstand is guaranteed how you handle it is what makes you a man and earns you respect not your rants and abuses. Know the difference between pride and taking responsibilities. As a man you must know that your wife should be your priority because a happy wife is a happy home. Anything else friends her brothers and father is all distraction focus on your wife.

6 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by LadySarah: 9:01am On Feb 03, 2020
Look at how he calls his missing rib names like it's the best thing.

Foolosh man!

Ijeoma go and start a business or sorts. Your family can financially empower you to do that. Make sure not to ask for money anymore and let him reply his chats himself.
That is why it is good to hear from the other person. Now he has been called out he desctivated

6 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Resurgent2016: 9:08am On Feb 03, 2020
Ijeoma1187:

Very verbally abusive husband. @op you have really goofed

6 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by maynation(f): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2020
There is something I don't understand biko. undecided

From the screenshot the acclaimed wife shared, her brother sent her the link to this thread at about 11 PM and she already posted her counter posts at about 9PM.
Didn't the brother see her sister's comments ni?

Something is fishy abeg, I just don't know what exactly. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:22am On Feb 03, 2020
I don't care how anyone else sees this story, but the husband is quite irresponsible if all his wife says is true...

First of all, being a husband is not merely about doling out cash. I see a very immature man here. What is 400k? Do you realise 5million can be spent in a day if you're not very deliberate about what you intend to do with it?
400k is nearly exhausted in 3 months? Did you tell her for how long you expected her to live within it? Did you ask her what the money was expended on? And what sort of man insults his wife at every given turn? How despicable!
You refused to talk about the part where you insulted her brother, too. And why the freaking hell were you forwarding your friends' opinions to her? Men like you disgust me!! Stinking attitude!

You got married and absconded almost immediately. You don't call your wife... you don't do video calls. To think that you didn't realise your daughter has been sick and moving from one hospital to the other. What sort of marriage do you think you have? You don't even love this woman.
Sham of a man! Mtcheeww!

5 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Vicyace: 9:23am On Feb 03, 2020
Ijeoma1187:

This is terrible.

How could any loving husband talk to his wife this way?

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by kwaso2: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2020
Happy new week friends
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2020
Ijeoma1187:

Jesus! What level of toxicity is this?? cry

2 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by martin231: 9:52am On Feb 03, 2020
Initially I did not want to comment after my post, I only wanted to read but now i have to....Well, I think most of y’ll here got it all wrong I didn’t come to Nairaland to fight her or make her start feeling bad again ,I begged her promised not to verbally abuse her again that was after she forwarded me the messages she have been saving on her phone , those words was actually September 2019 but she saved all of it on her phone and i was surprised when she forwarded all of it to me this January and I begged her and gave her my word not to repeat it again , also y’ll should know that something actually triggered those words even though she didn’t post that part here, but still nothing to justify myself for saying those words to her.......Like I said, I begged her and made up with her, so we sure not fighting more ...... So the reasons why I actually came to nairaland is to seek if there is need calling her father since i have not gotten any calls from him about what happened (My Father in-law) in Quote for those that did not understand “ Now the problem is that my wife doesn’t want to go anymore but she doesn’t have the courage to tell her family that we have settled our misunderstand and doesn’t want to go anymore . She wants me to start calling every member of her family including her father to apologize and reassure them my love towards her again but to me I don’t know how to start the conversation with the father more especially because i believe having issues in marriage is normal and everyone understands that fact and since I have made up with her is their any need calling her family again“ Also why i mentioned about the money part was coz i wanted people to understand the gravity of the misunderstanding that is not really something serious...... All I wanted was advice or how to start conversations with the Father since I and my wife have already made up because she keep insisting that I should call the father, if not she will leave but sadly I don’t know what to him” ( Like should I tell him that I had a fight with my wife and we have made up? That I just wanted to tell him that we had a fight but we’re fine now? �) My captions says it all “I’m inexperienced “
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by martin231: 9:56am On Feb 03, 2020
martin231:
Initially I did not to comment after my post, I only wanted to read but now i have to....Well, I think most of y’ll here got it all wrong I didn’t come to Nairaland to fight her or make her start feeling bad again ,I begged her promised not to verbally abuse her again that was after she forwarded me the messages she have been saving on her phone , those words was actually September 2019 but she saved all of it on her phone and i was surprised when she forwarded all of it to me this January and I begged her and gave her my word not to repeat it again , also y’ll should know that something actually triggered those words even though she didn’t post that part here, but still nothing to justify myself for saying those words to her.......Like I said, I begged her and made up with her, so we sure not fighting more ...... So the reasons why I actually came to nairaland was to seek if there is need calling her father since i have not gotten any calls from him about what happened , so to me I think he sees it as normal thing that comes with young marriage. In Quote for those that did not understand “ Now the problem is that my wife doesn’t want to go anymore but she doesn’t have the courage to tell her family that we have settled our misunderstand and doesn’t want to go anymore . She wants me to start calling every member of her family including her father to apologize and reassure them my love towards her again but to me I don’t know how to start the conversation with the father more especially because i believe having issues in marriage is normal and everyone understands that fact and since I have made up with her is their any need calling her family again“ Also why i mentioned about the money part was coz i wanted people to understand the gravity of the misunderstanding that is not really something serious...... All I wanted was advice or how to start conversations with the Father since I and my wife have already made up because she keep insisting that I should call the father, if not she will leave but sadly I don’t know what to him” ( Like should I tell him that I had a fight with my wife and we have made up? That I just wanted to tell him that we had a fight but we’re fine now? �) My captions says it all “I’m inexperienced “
Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by OlawaleBammie: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2020
She said if I don’t call his Father and apologize to him that she will still go to her house even though we have settled our misunderstanding that she still have to go until I apologize to the father and reassure him that I still love her daughter.

Oga are u well at all?? Dont even call urself a married man cus u re not mature to b one.. see wat someone dat call himself a man is sayin...

CARRY THE FON AND START CALLING EVERYONE OF DEM TO APOLOGISE NAW, DONT FORGET HER SECONDARY SCHOOL CLASSMATES AND HER EXes

2 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by seanwilliam(m): 10:11am On Feb 03, 2020
@Martins231 , ijeoma1187...Danteeee

First and foremost, no matter what, 400k is not easy to come by..call me broke or whatever, that is the truth. Giving out money to wife, family or friends is not easy.. for you to give out money to someone, it takes a lot of selflessness, generosity and care..so learn how to appreciate your husband for providing you and daughter's needs..cos if it was easy, you would have had your own Money..

Secondly.. your husband is not emotional mature.. seeking advice from friends of relative as par relationship IS NOT BAD( because you cant know everything.. and you need to seek people with experience) but taking the advice without proper analysis is nonsense.. HIS MISTAKE WAS forwarding the message directly to you.. ..

My advice to you martin

Do not beg the family of your wife, cos doing that means handling over your total manliness.
Sooner or later, make sure you chop the eyes of your wife's brother.( this might sound harsh, but if you fail to do this, it would hunt you forever.. find a way to rubbish him back)

Now to you ijeoma

Two wrongs dont make a right.. since you know your husband is not emotionally mature and cant take marital decisions on his own, you should have used your own senses too.. women are expected to have sense too not only men..

Let me tell you where you got it wrong ijeoma

How many times your brother has ever tabled his own family issues to you ? Is he a saint? No , but he handles his own in a mature way...
Your uncle/brother Danteeee is very FOOLISH to abuse your husband.. remember in marriage, YOUR HUSBAND IS SUPERIOR to your family...

If you divorce, is he going to give u a new husband?? Let assume he does, what if issues broke out with the new husband, are you gonna leave that one and marry another one.??..
You are also not maritally and emotionally mature too..

Now to your father and your entire family.....

See, if you decide to follow there advice or you stay with them, at the end of the day, they would get tired of you and would indirectly tell you to leave by telling you that u are choking them..

By that time, it would have been late, cos you would have become evening newspapers....and guess what? Your original husband would be living fine and large.. what about your uncle/brotherDanteeee? He might not even pick your calls again...

Ijeoma all I could see from your post is you are trying to play victim card and garner pity.. but note that some of us here wont buy that from you cos we are emotionally sound..

In this issue, if you take wrong decision ijeoma, you would be the one to loose and bite your finger at the end of the day .... A SUBMISSIVE wife lasts longer in her matrimonial home... but should you decide to inculcate feminism, be ready to face the consequences...

.there is no best or better marriage anywhere. We only have patchable and manageable marriage
... solutions
1.both of you should pray to God
2.both of you should Seek for marriage counselling,
3. Ijeoma start your own business or go find work...this is 2020, your husband should not bear your 100% responsibility.. you should take care of the daugter together.
4. Be more submissive to your husband ijeoma
5..Martin you should analyse advice well befor applying it in marriage..u need to be emotional sound
6.. Ijeoma take your husband over your family
7. U people should start living together
8. resolve issues before it escalates
9. See your marriage as the best
10.. dont give room to third party( it doesn't mean you shouldnt seek advice)... hey I'm not married ooh, but this is my POv
Cc. Ubunja
Aro1
Martinez39
ilegend
Harddon
Donstan18
Shirababa
Richdad..

These people can contribute..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by cooooooks(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2020
Your husband is scared of being a mugu.

There's little trust in this marriage.

You guys need to reset ASAP.

Distance relationships like this are very common and work. The key is being involved and being honest.

Your husband needs to calm down and humble himself.

You, knowing your husband's particularity with money, needs to find some ways to appease his fears. Budgets, breakdowns, etc.

You should also demand regular video and voice calls. This is the least that can be done in distance relationships. At least twice a week, video call. Including, frankly, sexy times.

Good luck. Don't take abuse but don't be too hasty to throw away a marriage.

Ijeoma1187:
Should I continue to let the cat out of the bag?? It’s really not nice when you come here to make other people look bad .... since your pride won’t let you call my dad. Well Tuesday I am leaving.... how will you marry a woman just for one year and leave without even calling and speaking to them, are you just satisfied with seeing pictures of your baby?? Just picture..... well it’s so sad since we have started this remember my brothers too are on nairaland I will tell them to come and read as well .. you have come to seek 3rd party opinion.... in all these mess I never told my people or involved anybody but you keep telling people is this how you want to handle your family.... I am really really angry imagine him seeking 3rd party opinion from him divorced friend whose marriage didn’t last up to a year...: be there and watch me go, in all honesty I have tried as a woman and you won’t find any woman like me

2 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Danteeee: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2020
Centrallock:
Ijeoma1187 you must be the nagging type, posting those WhatsApp chats and all is for what exactly? To be pitted i guess, from who? Online user's, nairalandlers? That's pathetic and mind you no marriage is made in heaven, every man has his weaknesses, some cant abuse you but will ridicule you emotionally, some won't ridicule you but cheat on you massively infant no need typing much. But leaving your home will not make you any good based on this issue, secondary am suprised at the type of family you have. How can you father and parents expect you and ask you to come home especially your dad without giving this young man any opportunity to correct his bullshit. Your husband is an emotional idiot who is controlled by his emotions and not his senses, is your dad a saint? Are your brothers saint?, every man has once in a while stepped out of place. Now the only thing i can tell you is if you cant for the sake of your child make peace in your home as the neck of the family then you clearly should not have been in marriage in the first place. And if you eventually pack out your husband will freely adapt to the society not you regardless of what your parents says and brothers they will not be there for your at all time, and once you start giving them responsibilities expect them to complain. Let your brothers allow you to face your challenges at home.
I wish i cant qoute that your immature husband who has given away his power and masculinity for the sake of emotions and insecurities that nigga needs to sound slap.
But i will still write this here so you can see incase you somehow gets to have a glance at this,
Men dont argue with a woman, in arguments women are always 100 and 1% right. Secondary when in marriage any money you give to your woman count it as a loss in other words if you have 400k to give start by giving it bit by bit cause surely demands must come, even you as a man spends more than budgeted sometimes not to talk of women, and for the sake of christ stop abusing your wife nigga, what will abusing her add to you? Do you think you can have abusive words more than her if she decides to engage you on one? Why on earth will you tell you friends shit about your wife can you defend her in the cause of insults from them? Friends are not your family dude, and how ever you wish to handle your marriage always remember misunderstand is guaranteed how you handle it is what makes you a man and earns you respect not your rants and abuses. Know the difference between pride and taking responsibilities. As a man you must know that your wife should be your priority because a happy wife is a happy home. Anything else friends her brothers and father is all distraction focus on your wife.

Well said and thank you very.. but lemme make one thing clear and final.. my parents are happily married and would never want their daughter to be a divorcée.. most times u just have to look beyond what’s happening now and focus on the latter.. do u think we just work up and say “oya pack up” Don’t u think that this abuse, toxic, lack of respect, insecurity, immaturity and childish behavior has been lingering for a long time!? Do u know how many times the said young man has been given the opportunity to clean his mess?? How would u feel if ur sister, daughter or loved one is the subject of discussion among friends every god dam time there is a misunderstanding at their home Like she’s some sort of a property or what?? Do u know what it means for ur spouse ( man or woman) to keep talking down on u until u loose ur self worth, confidence and emotions Have you ever dealt with an indecisive person before?? We can’t be that stupid to want her to leave her home just for mere misunderstanding cos we really don’t care what goes on in her home.. but when u see that things are getting out of hand then u can step in and save a life since the dude doesn’t want to charge of his home. now take a look a the rampant domestic violence we having these days.. it’s not a day or one time thing.. it’s an anger and abuse that has been building for a long time and it only takes a trigger before it blows out of proportion.. now do u say it’s ok to make “ur wife” a subject of mockery with friends?? And she, rather than doing the same resorted to family?? Honestly we want her to be happy, confident, treated with respect and not a hell in a marriage all because of what society will think of her.. for sure we can’t keep giving her money but will definitely set her up financially more in her growing business.. once again, thank y’all and ur sincere advice well noted!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Vyolet(f): 10:44am On Feb 03, 2020
Every part of the story is included.
Husband's part
Wife's part
Inlaw's part.
Who's side will you be on?

3 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Homeboiy: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2020
martin231:
Initially I did not want to comment after my post, I only wanted to read but now i have to....Well, I think most of y’ll here got it all wrong I didn’t come to Nairaland to fight her or make her start feeling bad again ,I begged her promised not to verbally abuse her again that was after she forwarded me the messages she have been saving on her phone , those words was actually September 2019 but she saved all of it on her phone and i was surprised when she forwarded all of it to me this January and I begged her and gave her my word not to repeat it again , also y’ll should know that something actually triggered those words even though she didn’t post that part here, but still nothing to justify myself for saying those words to her.......Like I said, I begged her and made up with her, so we sure not fighting more ...... So the reasons why I actually came to nairaland is to seek if there is need calling her father since i have not gotten any calls from him about what happened (My Father in-law) in Quote for those that did not understand “ Now the problem is that my wife doesn’t want to go anymore but she doesn’t have the courage to tell her family that we have settled our misunderstand and doesn’t want to go anymore . She wants me to start calling every member of her family including her father to apologize and reassure them my love towards her again but to me I don’t know how to start the conversation with the father more especially because i believe having issues in marriage is normal and everyone understands that fact and since I have made up with her is their any need calling her family again“ Also why i mentioned about the money part was coz i wanted people to understand the gravity of the misunderstanding that is not really something serious...... All I wanted was advice or how to start conversations with the Father since I and my wife have already made up because she keep insisting that I should call the father, if not she will leave but sadly I don’t know what to him” ( Like should I tell him that I had a fight with my wife and we have made up? That I just wanted to tell him that we had a fight but we’re fine now? �) My captions says it all “I’m inexperienced “

Your a baby husband my guy.

Discussing your wife amongst your friends is totally wrong.

For your mind u think say u don't arrive cos your living in SA.

If another man is going this same thing to your sister, how will your feel?

Change please and stop discussing your marriage to your divorced friends.

7 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by Kaycee54321(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2020
Na Alpha male. Dem think say na to insult woman naim be say Dem be Soji guys. See as this mugu disgrace imsef come run like coward by deactivating.

Ode.

8 Likes

Re: Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice by pocohantas(f): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Vyolet:
Every part of the story is included.
Husband's part
Wife's part
Inlaw's part.
Who's side will you be on?

None o. All of them dey mad, from the horseband, to the wife and her interfering brother. I no kuku believe the story.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija / My Wife Want To Leave Me Because I Sent Her Daughter Away / Children Educational Tablets Now Available!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.