Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government (73887 Views)

Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by lavenjcrown(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
wawu... i was just planing of visiting this place tomorrow to get some okiriki wear for myself.
i hope they are still somewhere around the place.
Keziehenry:
Popular Fairly Used Clothes market (Katangua) Demolished By Lagos State Gov

So sad.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Malawian(m): 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Someone should come and take Samwo to Yaba. Left or Right is irrelevant, just take him there before he goes for bourdilion. grin grin

Oga Samwo, na joke o. No come mean me this month as well.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by KunleyY19(m): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Return of Fashola...
The Lagos of our dream won't come easy.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by iamdapsyj(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
benratigan3:
humanity first before beautification
Nigeria is not a beautiful dream now but a living nightmare, caused by our rulers.
is this what sanwolu went to learn at Harvard? hardship management and enforcement?
let the people revolt?

NB:I hope a warning was given before hand
They have been served quit notice since fashola's tenure. Ambode was the one that did not follow through. I think sanwo is trying to mirror or follow what fashola did by embarking on the apc manifesto abandoned by ambode govt.

2 Likes

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by dominique(f): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
I know a number of people that buy and resell clothes from there sad
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by VULCAN(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
This is painful for the poor.

But since they have short memories they are destined to keep suffering this.

I have observed over the years that APC (especially in Lagos) is a very elitist Party.

They ALWAYS poke fingers into the eyes of the masses via their Draconian edicts yet
In 2023 the masses will come out enmasse to vote for APC again because of some petty gains.

Watch out what will happen in 2023. Use and dump yet again.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Ekugbeh(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ugoeze2016:
Abule Egba..between Ilepo and Abule egba bus stop

tanx man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by filleSouriante(f): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
SarahJJ:
na mumu dey go boutique grin grin grin grin
those guys are crazy

Alaroro go aswani grin
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Xclusiveme: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
payperpost:

what joblessness? there is cool money in agriculture

You are so silly
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by bilulu(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
eebraa:
And they still cannot ban or regulate the biggest problem in Lagos which is Danfo
That's were their daddy gets his daily revenue from so u can't ban dat sector

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by TRAVEL101(m): 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
What is left of the common man?
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Larryace: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Vespa market mate ,along badagry expressway
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by mfm04622: 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't understand this demolition! Can someone please explain this to me! Katangua was designated a market. In fact, it was earmarked as the location to relocate the computer village to from Ikeja. So why is it being demolished?

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Solidkay(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Is Sanwolu out to add to the woes of Lagosians who are trying to make an honest living

We know change does not come easy but being subjected to abject poverty with no hope in sight is too much price to pay in my opinion.
These people just want to make Lagos inhabitable for the common man.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by juniorstar(m): 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
in my estate all the shops were demolished close to 2years now. the gov said shops were not in d masterplan of the estate. even the fences were demolished. b4 u can get pure water to buy na die.. u go waka ehn
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Emmasteev(m): 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ewekoro,Papalanto Ilaro Road
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by olisaEze(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Where will Jennifer get her Gucci and Versace from now!? Problem!!! shocked shocked

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by klax(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Keziehenry:
Popular Fairly Used Clothes market (Katangua) Demolished By Lagos State Gov

So sad.

From federal level to state level to street ĺevel apc is a demonic party no doubt about it. I just pity Imo and Bayelsa their own horror is loading.......

Apc is the most destructive govt in Nigeria and human history. From Aso Rock to Kaduna from kaduna to Kwara from Kwara to Ekiti from Ekiti to Lagos from Lagos to Platue on and on the list continue.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Angelfrost(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Veentage:
This Sanwo-Olu is just effortlessly making people more more poorer everyday, how can you ban Keke/okada and demolish a popular market that puts food on people's table within a couple of days... Haba! Nigerian politicians, fear God ooo

Read the handwriting on the wall sir...

Lagos is for the Wealthy and Affluent!!!

They are systematically pushing the "poor" out of the heart of the city!!!
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by CHIDOHSKI: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
The garagara of a clueless stooge. Nothing spoil .My people will from selling second clothes to designers. Just watch it. The more they come harder on us the more better we become.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by BoboKush(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
What is wrong with lagos state governor
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by richPHAROAH: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Powersurge:
The way people report things ee. You didn't tell us how many months govt gave them. You didn't say how some of them called it a bluff and refused to move.

that is the normal naija peasant way of reporting na. they dont give details that they know will affect them. that is how someone slapped a guy yesterday and he went on comma , when i asked what happen , all they said was the guy is wicked and slapped the other guy to comma, they never said the other guy was using sticks to bully him o.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Hallabee1(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
mysidechick:
kiss
Very bad for us that like OK where is the latest venue anybody with idea

Asuwani for oshodi
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Imagine this:
Father an okada rider
Mother used to sell in katankowa
Can't just imagine...

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by OniyideAmplify(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ekugbeh:
Plz where is this market located in Lagos

It is located in alpha beach near owode-ijako Lagos
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
Naijaarchive:
Just this month.. Lots of husbands and wives have been rendered unemployed.... Its well

its not by force to ride okada against traffic on Lagos highways , beside agriculture is lucrative now, they should just go back to their villages and make cool money in agriculture and not abandon their villages for herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ugoeze2016:
Abule Egba..between Ilepo and Abule egba bus stop

the illegal immigrants and the Yoruba's fought there last 2 or 3 months ago .
I think government demolished it to settled the fight rather than letting it cause tribal clashes all the time,
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
government should also eliminate selling on wheelbarrow in Lagos state, you must have a shop or a designated stand
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Pelaiye2703(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Mehn! Na where person go see good and quality wears now. Dis one na bad news to people like me oooo.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by jaxxy(m): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
Veentage:
This Sanwo-Olu is just effortlessly making people more more poorer everyday, how can you ban Keke/okada and demolish a popular market that puts food on people's table within a couple of days... Haba! Nigerian politicians, fear God ooo

This present govt is filled with confused sadist and they might pay dearly for it in 4 years time.

All Sanwoolu has done since he came is create oppressive laws without orientation or warning I’m a very sadistic and careless manner.

I know he means well bt his approach and implementation is distasteful and offensive.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by bossinc: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Chai !!! My boutique
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by sylve11: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
It's well. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Surprises Her Husband With Car And House (Photos) / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.