Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas (9628 Views)

We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu / 2023 Election: Tinubu To Distribute 10,000 To Each Lagosians As Ember Gift / 2019: Atiku’s “think Tank” To Rally Voters For PDP In 774 Lgas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Ravon: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono has stated that the tractors, fertilisers, chemicals and other inputs would be distributed to farmers under a soft loan scheme designed to boost agricultural mechanization.

The Minister made this statement during a courtesy visit to the Emir of Dutse , Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, in his palace over the weekend.

Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono informed that the Federal Government has concluded plans to distribute over 10,000 tractors and inputs to farmers in the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria.

The Minister explained that each of the Councils would be allocated Tractors worth N150,000 million each and inputs as soft loan to be repaid in an 11 year plan, " what we need is that the beneficiaries must be genuine farmers and INDIGENES of the participating Local Government Councils".

Nanono noted that the gesture is to assist farmers to boost their production capacity so that the government could mop up excess produce for strategic reserves. According to him," the Federal Government would commenced implementation of the programme in the second quarter of the year 2020".

He reiterated Federal Government's ’s commitment to accelerate cotton, paddy and livestock productions to enhance job creation, food security programme and Internally Generated Revenue in the country.

In his remarks, the Emir of Dutse, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, represented by Alhaji Basiru Sanusi lauded President Muhammadu Buhari over his commitment to reinvigorating the Agricultural Sector.

The Emir informed that the council had set up a committee to mobilize participation in the agricultural transformation programme of the Government, “when we heard about the federal government's plans to give soft loans to farmers in the 774 local government areas, we set up an awareness creation committee to mobilize participation in the programme".

He also pointed out that the committee would identify suitable crop in each of the seven local government areas under the Dutse Emirate Council and pledged support to the Federal Government's policies and programmes.
https://brandspurng.com/2020/02/03/fg-set-to-distribute-10000-tractors-and-inputs-to-nigerian-farmers-in-774-lgas/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Cryomancer: 5:45am On Feb 04, 2020
FG "Set To"

I lost interest after seeing those phrase...

The Nigerian government has been "Setting-To" for a long time now with no positive results....

All na paper initiatives and audio implementation

23 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Yankiss(m): 5:45am On Feb 04, 2020
Very nice initiative on paper. The implementation is the matter. Many ghost farmers will certainly benefit to the detriment of real farmers who really needed this incentive.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Movicq(m): 5:46am On Feb 04, 2020
La cocaiena

1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by wisewordd: 5:46am On Feb 04, 2020
money heist.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by jarawa: 5:47am On Feb 04, 2020
Good one
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by BlackBigBlog: 5:48am On Feb 04, 2020
grin
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by onlyonechid84(m): 5:48am On Feb 04, 2020
A good development if only it will be giving to genuine Farmers and not Them Them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by israelmao(m): 5:48am On Feb 04, 2020
See non-farmers benefiting more than the real farmers,this is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Ladycewhy(f): 5:49am On Feb 04, 2020
These federal govt paliatives to farmers usually ends only in the north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Bigii(m): 5:50am On Feb 04, 2020
10,000 -:- 774 = 12+ Tractors

Will they use the formula above? CAPITAL NO!

Instead you would see 7000 tractors goes to Kano, Katstina, Jigawa, Kaduna, then, the rest of the "one Nigeria" can happily share 3000 tractors with a big thank you Buhari undecided

Tueh!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by EzeNdiAra: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2020
97% of them will go to the North so stop making it looks like it will be shared equally to all LGA

5 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Otis7(m): 5:52am On Feb 04, 2020
For them to forget the killings,rape,havoc etc your men are showing then, compensation I guess. Clueless FG(GMB+Mr Integrity=Shame).

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by fungle(m): 5:53am On Feb 04, 2020
Really Which farmers are we talking about, the that have been annihilated by the Fulani herdsmen or the ones who had to give up there farmlands or......

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by AllenSpencer: 5:54am On Feb 04, 2020

God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by AllenSpencer: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2020
fungle:
Really Which farmers are we talking about, the that have been annihilated by the Fulani herdsmen or the ones who had to give up there farmlands or......

Shut up please!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by AllenSpencer: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2020
Otis7:
For them to forget the killings,rape,havoc etc your men are showing then, compensation I guess. Clueless FG(GMB+Mr Integrity=Shame).

Keep quite!

Why are you never happy with good news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by backnbeta(f): 5:55am On Feb 04, 2020
I hope it's not just another avenue for 'FG' to steal money, enrich ghost farmers and and further push Nigerians to poverty while moving forward with their Fulani agenda undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by netflicks(m): 5:57am On Feb 04, 2020
Who is FG I keep asking this question? Mind u OP the headline should be

"FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Farmers In 774 Lga in the North"
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Simplyleo: 6:01am On Feb 04, 2020
netflicks:
Who is FG I keep asking this question? Mind u OP the headline should be

"FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Farmers In 774 Lga in the North"
For your mind now, you don talk sense abi?

With this, I doubt you can list the 36 states in the North. angry

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by mytime24(f): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2020
Watchin
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by netflicks(m): 6:12am On Feb 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

For your mind now, you don talk sense abi?

With this, I doubt you can list the 36 states in the North. angry

I didn't ask u to quote me

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by kennosklint(m): 6:13am On Feb 04, 2020
To be distributed to the northerners
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Simplyleo: 6:15am On Feb 04, 2020
netflicks:

I didn't ask u to quote me
You don't have to.
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Realtalk20: 6:18am On Feb 04, 2020
Cryomancer:
FG "Set To"

The Nigerian government has been "Setting-To" for a long time now with no positive results....

Very true

Always setting up committees and setting to do this and that

What a shame

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by Bellotelli: 6:24am On Feb 04, 2020
1.Where are the roads to these farms?
2. Which security measures has the govt put in place to protect farmers ?
These and many more questions that are begging answers.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by contigiency(m): 6:25am On Feb 04, 2020
Buhari always thinking and doing big for the masses. The problem is that when they distribute it now, governors will hijack it and use it for political settlements. Instead of allowing it for the the core farmers who ordinarily could not afford it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by efighter: 6:28am On Feb 04, 2020
Cryomancer:
FG "Set To"

Tell me what the ineffective buffoon did for 6 years.

FG set to commission Kaduna-Abuja Railway -BUHARI has done it.

FG set to commission Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway - BUHARI has done it.

FG set to commission Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - BUHARI has done about 75% work which PDP could not do for 16 years.

FG set to commission Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway - BUHARI has done it to about 80%, PDP never dreamt of it.

FG set to commission Apapa-Oshodi-Iyana_Oworo Expressway - Ask your brothers hawking in Lagos holdups, BUHARI/Dangote are aggressively constructing the road.

FG set to commission 2nd Niger Bridge - BUHARI is aggressively constructing the bridge after Goatluck Jonathan commissioned it on paper.

FG set to commission RICE factories - BUHARI/Emefiele have commissioned several and Nigerians including you pessimists are all now eating Nigerian RICE with the stones, with time, we will perfect it.

FG set to close borders - BUHARI has closed the borders since last year and has thrown the keys into Lagos Lagoon.

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by sulaak(m): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2020
onlyonechid84:
A good development if only it will be giving to genuine Farmers and not Them Them.

Why give tractors to farmers that can't maintain them, the country is creating jobs for other countries, in this case, Brazil by spending billions of dollars importing tractors and supplying them to the unskilled farmers.

Why not build an assembly plant in collaboration with the Brazillian tractor manufacturers and assemble tractors that will be hired out to farmers for a fee.

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by mmyfarmsltd(m): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Good one....I hope we get this opportunity in my LGA. I hope it wouldn't be diverted all to the northern region.
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by adedayoa2(f): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2020
They should share to real farmers o
Re: FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas by sulaak(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2020
efighter:

Tell me what the ineffective buffoon did for 6 years.

FG set to commission Kaduna-Abuja Railway -BUHARI has done it.

FG set to commission Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway - BUHARI has done it.

FG set to commission Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - BUHARI has done about 75% work which PDP could not do for 16 years.

FG set to commission Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway - BUHARI has done it to about 80%, PDP never dreamt if it.

The Buhari completed all the above based on $25 billion debt over the last 5 years and another $29 billion by the end of this years. Do you think the sum total of the projects that you listed amount to the sum total of $55 billion.

Before you shout PDP! I also believe the previous government must be investigated for the $63 billion debt that the accumulated in 16 years!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Kill One In Gurmana, Kidnap 10 People; Set Houses Ablaze, Rustle Cattle / Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose / Amosun Sacks Ambali, Ogun NLC Chairman & 6 Others From Active Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.