Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? (535 Views)

What My Wife Did The Night Armed Robbers Invaded Our Home, I Will Never Forget / What Is One Other Thing You Can't Sacrifice In Order To Retain A Relationship? / Man Gets Awesome Reward From His Girlfriend After He Made Unusual Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by TheSinger: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
OK we all have memories but here's mine.

OK here's my story (NO FICTION, TRUE EVENTS).
When I was a boy, more than 25 years ago, we reallydidn't have it good so everything was a luxury ( from Black and White Television to fancy snacks, school lunch box, even clean water. Yes! It was that bad).

Mom had a little business she was managing at the time but it was never enough to cater for a family of 7.
Suffice it to say we also had extended relatives staying with us (Yeah my mom took care of other people's children too even with limited resources, some of them Don forget her sef but no Wahala, na God dey reward good deeds).

So it this Christmas Season and we had nothing in the house.
All our childhood friends already had everything prepared for Christmas - nice clothes, shoes, spy glasses (kids love that sh*t), Chicken, Rice. We were waiting for a miracle to happen.

December 21st and nothing... I'm sure you'll understand what it felt like back then with all the buzz and exhilaration surrounding Christmas and how "imperative " it was getting these "bare necessities ". My mom just didn't have the money to get I and my kid sister any Christmas clothes or presents

December 22nd yet nothing...

December 23rd NADA...

December 24th nothing...wait!
A Flickr of light.
Something had happened!
Mom came in a little past 10pm (I WILL NEVER FORGET) and boom! There it was, Aba Nike shorts and Stripe T-shirts and of course, the all coveted kiddies spy glasses for my kid sister and I. That was all she could afford (besides us two were the youngest in the house, understandably).

How she pulled off that Hail Mary? I didn't have the slightest idea not until a few months later.

I'd noticed she wasn't adorning herself with the few cheap jewelries and wrappers she would normally adorn herself in.

Apparently this amazing woman had sold off her ornaments to get us Christmas presents. This happened more than 25 years ago but I tell you one thing for sure, no matter what may have happened since then I'll never forget my mother or the very few people who have gone out of their way to help me get to where I am today.

Over time I may not have come to see eye to eye with a lot of people as regards a couple of things but I'LL NEVER FORGET A SACRIFICE (Lol perhaps that's the reason I covered Elton John's classic SACRIFICE. If you'd like you check it out here https://amzn.to/2RyBFmT ). Thank you

2 Likes

Re: What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by Schoolshoe: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2020
she took a calabash of sacrifice containing boiled eggs and beans cake to a t-junction at night so that the gods of nnewi community will bless our love

2 Likes

Re: What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by TheSinger: 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
And please do share your story too
Re: What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by TheSinger: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
Schoolshoe:
she took a calabash of sacrifice containing boiled eggs and beans cake to a t-junction at night so that the gods of nnewi community will bless our love

That's a big SACRIFICE, literally �
Re: What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by decatalyst(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
Schoolshoe:

Re: What's That One Sacrifice That Someone Has Done FOR U and You Can Never Forget? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Na me sacrifice for har self las las na only sex she give me but I wanted marriage doe

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Post I Saw On Facebook Last Night... / (advice Needed) am In Love My Friend's Girlfriend. / Please What's Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.