Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? (2371 Views)

Should I Leave Or Stay? / Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 7:14am On Feb 05, 2020
I had to create a new account to table out my troubles.
I’m married with two kids and a step son. The summary of my problem is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/ABUSE.
Even after giving him more chances to chance, he beat me up few days ago and still blamed me for his actions.
I wanted to leave but he informed our pastor and he begged me to manage my home. That there’s no better person outside. He’s not even addressing the violence issues.
I really want to leave but I’m a full house wife and I depend on him financially cause I’m an SSCE holder.
There’s no help whatsoever from my parents. I’m confused cause he’s processing a Canadian visa for us which would take twelve weeks to complete.
Should I just count my blessings and loss and move on now, or wait until we get to Canada?
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by greenguy: 7:23am On Feb 05, 2020
Wait till you get to Canada o.

You need to be independent, you need to be able to provide for yourself and your children. Canada may not be half the solution to your problem but it provides you an opportunity to survive 'better' since you have no one to depend on over here.

No one should be in an abusive relationship. I hope the travelling plan works so you can take your exit ASAP 'if it continues'.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Davash222(m): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2020
What if you're not alive to make it to Canada
Besides, not all processing visas click. Use your tongue to count your teeth.

19 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 05, 2020
Which canada visa takes 12 weeks. Every woman who does not get financially stable before marriage deserves all the abuse they get in marriage. U better go find work or trade do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05am On Feb 05, 2020
Keypazwad:
I’m married with two kids and a step son. The summary of my problem is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/ABUSE.
Even after giving him more chances to chance, he beat me up few days ago and still blamed me for his actions.
I wanted to leave but he informed our pastor and he begged me to manage my home. That there’s no better person outside. He’s not even addressing the violence issues.
I really want to leave but I’m a full house wife and I depend on him financially cause I’m an SSCE holder.
There’s no help whatsoever from my parents. I’m confused cause he’s processing a Canadian visa for us which would take twelve weeks to complete.
Should I just count my blessings and loss and move on now, or wait until we get to Canada?
Two things are involved;

1. Endure till you get to Canada and watch as the table turns in your favor - cheesy

2. Separate from him for now until you see sign of changes and repentance or Divorce if you are sure he is beyond redemption!

But be prepared to accept the resultant effect of your action.

BTW you willingly chose a violent man as husband, this is part of the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Amanee(f): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2020
One of these days Canada would become the afterlife

You better go and find something to do and leave that hellhole you call a marriage

8 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Sijo01(f): 8:19am On Feb 05, 2020
Try and avoid him with style till the trip pull through. By the time you get to Canada, you will be the boss as he dare not lay his hands on you. This is not to say you shouldn't be submissive.

If you separate or divorce him now, you will be the one to lose.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Ameeria: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Stay off his trouble path and wait till you get to Canada...if he continues, then leave.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by modath(f): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2020
You are between the devil & the deep blue sea.... You might not even be alive in that 12weeks if in the course of the assualt , excessive force is applied to the wrong place.

&

You are reinforcing to your children abuse is ok...

However, if you can survive till you get to CA, make him pay for the years of abuse by emasculating him & taking away his kids as well... Petty? Yes i know.... Action & reaction...

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by rain21(f): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2020
how terrible is the abuse and how extreme is his anger?
it depends on you to decide if you can wait till 12weeks or leave now as you know the severity of your situation.
if you leave now, you can decide to get him to pay child support through the welfare office while you also look for something doing either a biz or a job .
if you wait till you get to Canada it will be better off since he won't lay his hands on you again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Graxie(f): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2020
You can imagine the type of pastors some people are worshipping under, such pastor Will be beating his wife. Madam, I am not going to type RIP, somebody just finished insulting me because I refuse to type RIP for a woman that died due to domestic violence. I hope you know your bp reading? You are waiting and hoping to endure till three months time, it's possible. Just travel with the kids to your parents house. Tell him you want to learn a skill and you need your parents to be taking care of the kids while you are busy. Use your head.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Softrain(f): 10:03am On Feb 05, 2020
i don't know what to advice buh one thing is that nobody for any reason whatsoever should remain in an abusive marriage or relationship.your pastor is not the one taking the beating that's why

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
rain21:
how terrible is the abuse and how extreme is his anger?
it depends on you to decide if you can wait till 12weeks or leave now as you know the severity of your situation.
if you leave now, you can decide to get him to pay child support through the welfare office while you also look for something doing either a biz or a job .
if you wait till you get to Canada it will be better off since he won't lay his hands on you again.
He abuses my family and I almost every day.
He slaps, punch, kicks anytime he feels like

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Houseofglam7(f): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
I don't know whether to type R.I.P in advance or just bitchslap ya until your reasoning returns....
All these years, you didn't make any effort to improve on yourself....now you're fully dependent on a man who treats you and your family like shiiii!
At this rate,you probably won't make it to Canada alive.....maybe in a body bag you would....
Oh please, I'm outta here undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by crackkhaus: 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
See the chics here, they are even telling her to chill until she gets to Canada...these same people that preach no tolerance on domestic abuse suddenly want to show they can have patience. cheesy

If I say majority of Nigerian women are just opportunists looking out for their own rise in the social ladder on the back of men, dem go call me misogynist.

They are not even considering the children who are witnessing the abuse and could be scarred from it..lmao grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by cococandy(f): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
Canada or not, you should be working on improving yourself for employment purposes.
If you wait until May and the trip doesn’t work out, what will you do then? What if he leaves without you? You think that’s impossible?

Honestly you should have started before now. Planning strategically for your independence with an end goal in sight. Take this as a wake up call. Even if you get to Canada, you can still be abused. Don’t let folks give you a wrong impression of an el Dorado that doesn’t exist.

Before you become fully independent in Canada, you will be a candidate for abuse.

Keypazwad:

7 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by cococandy(f): 2:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Na so cheesy

Nairaland
modath:

You are between the devil & the deep blue sea.... You might not even be alive in that 12weeks if in the course of the assualt , excessive force is applied to the wrong place.& You are reinforcing to your children abuse is ok...

However, if you can survive till you get to CA, make him pay for the years of abuse by emasculating him & taking away his kids as well ... Petty? Yes i know.... Action & reaction...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
Your safety should be your primary concern now.
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by rain21(f): 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
Keypazwad:
[color=#990000][/color]
He abuses my family and I almost every day.
He slaps, punch, kicks anytime he feels like

How come you have not furthered your education. Is he against it?

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Papanwamaikpe: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
crackkhaus:
See the chics here, they are even telling her to chill until she gets to Canada...these same people that preach no tolerance on domestic abuse suddenly want to show they can have patience. cheesy

If I say majority of Nigerian women are just opportunists looking out for their own rise in the social ladder on the back of men, dem go call me misogynist.

They are not even considering the children who are witnessing the abuse and could be scarred from it..lmao grin

you need to see how am shaking my head while reading their comments cheesy
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Keypazwad:

What do you really want?

Let's forget Pastors and Imams here.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
This section is becoming too boring these days with all these fake fake stories.

Tomorrow, an anonymous will come out to paint the wife black and the men will have a field day and the circle continues.
No wonder many have left.

The rest are filled with political jobbers,con artists and small children that recently started using internet not forgeting online hookers.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by crackkhaus: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
you need to see how am shaking my head while reading their comments cheesy
They just keep embarrassing themselves online and offline and wonder why men think so poorly of them.

It's too funny cheesy
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by crackkhaus: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
sassysure:
This section is becoming too boring these days with all these fake fake stories.

Tomorrow, an anonymous will come out to paint the wife black and the men will have a field day and the circle continues.
No wonder many have left.

The rest are filled with political jobbers,con artists and small children that recently started using internet not forgeting online hookers.
Which category you fall under? grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by alexmakaay(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
Keypazwad:

Canada will be your final resting place.. mumu. don't learn from people's mistakes..okay?

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
rain21:

How come you have not furthered your education. Is he against it?
Something happened and my admission was terminated in my third year
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
Financial freedom
bukatyne:

What do you really want?

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
bukatyne:

What do you really want?

Financial freedom
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
Keypazwad:
Financial freedom

You don't want out of the marriage, just financial freedom?

Do you think he is abusive because you lack resources?
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by Keypazwad: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You don't want out of the marriage, just financial freedom?

Do you think he is abusive because you lack resources?
I want out.
Already planning my exit. I’m just worried for my kids.
I don’t have the finances to cater for them yet. Don’t know if their dad would still be up to his responsibilities when I separate from him
Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by SmileDance(f): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Madam that man is not taking you to Canada. Use your head, if its about the kids just assume their father is dead, get a job, move on with your life, help will come your way.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? by cooooooks(m): 4:42am On Feb 06, 2020
Canada has a domestic abuse law. So if you come and can prove abuse, you'll be granted PR. I doubt that they'll grant OR for domestic abuse from here.

I suggest leaving now though. If you guys are married and the proof is on social media, he can't get the visa without you. If he applies as a single guy, they'll dentbhim and ban him for years for lying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women / My Parent Started Broadcasting Me To People That I Dont Interact With Them. / Genotype Is About To Break My Relationship, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.