Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents (1978 Views)

Can You Buy This SACHET Water(photo) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by Delebayo(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2010
undecided I have always wondered that, biscuits and most sachet meals look good on the outside than the actual content. The saying "don't judge a book by it cover" is absolutely true, really we are not getting value for our money angry I'll make sure i see shocked what before buying
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by tpia1: 12:14am On Dec 13, 2010
just one of those things - a well known fact in advertising.

however, the imported products [from the west] dont always have this problem. I take it you're in nigeria.

also, some other items like bournvita, etc are ok, at least when i was there.

there was this cookie [actually a cookie] which i used to buy ages ago. Made in nigeria.

i cant remember the name, but it had very plain packaging [no photos or anything sef- just the name and other info] even though it tasted as good as any chocolate chip cookie found in the west.

fan ice also has plain covers but produces quality stuff, to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by InkedNerd(f): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2010
tpia1:

just one of those things - a well known fact in advertising.
however, the imported products [from the west] dont always have this problem. I take it you're in nigeria.

also, some other items like bournvita, etc are ok, at least when i was there.

there was this cookie [actually a cookie] which i used to buy ages ago. Made in nigeria.

i cant remember the name, but it had very plain packaging [no photos or anything sef- just the name and other info] even though it tasted as good as any chocolate chip cookie found in the west.

fan ice also has plain covers but produces quality stuff, to the best of my knowledge.
Delebayo:

undecided I have always wondered that, biscuits and most sachet meals look good on the outside than the actual content. The saying "don't judge a book by it cover" is absolutely true, really we are not getting value for our money angry I'll make sure i see shocked what before buying

It has nothin' to do with country. Its just false advertising. I remember a couple of semesters ago, in my print making and packaging class we were taught how to make things how to either look like what not or be what their not. Its nothin' new. Its all about sellin' the product and makin' money. Ahhhhh this is why I love adverting so much. Can't wait to graduate and put my degree to good use.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by GeorgeD1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
yeah, its false avertising for sure.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by MissyB3(f): 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2010
The biscuit/whatever content inside the sachet is usually what's printed on the sachet. In other words, what you see, is what you get. Agreed that the branding is sometimes exaggerated but, that's what advertising is all about.  . . .The advert of every product is often exaggerated. The scope is to get the attention of the public.

However, it's a different thing to say the content of the sachet has gone bad hence, it's not what's depicted on the sachet. Even in this case, it has nothing to do with ''fraud'' as, you weren't guaranteed that the product would always remain as depicted on sachet, regardless of some factors acting on it. Eg : time, method of storage etc.

Go buy more biscuits and enjoy!  cheesy
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by GeorgeD1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2010
miss b,
it's fraud by any other name.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by MissyB3(f): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2010
Sorry, I didn't get that. Want to explain better?
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by tpia1: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

It has nothin' to do with country. Its just false advertising.

it's false advertising, in a way, but in nigeria, chances are higher that the consumer wont be satisfied with the product.

as per the op's point, with this, for example, what you see is what you get:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_XFTDH099uMY/S2bhBaflsZI/AAAAAAAAAC4/3g9G5W5rBck/s320/oreos_1.jpg[/img]

double-stuffed

meaning customers arent likely to complain about the product since it matches almost exactly what's shown on the cover.

now, if it were made in nigeria, the stuffing might be just a very thin layer and the crust might be drier.

but the picture would remain the same.

not trying to knock nigeria and of course it happens elsewhere, but i'm just saying.

besides, i also ate my fair share of biscuits back home.

okin is ok sha.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by InkedNerd(f): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^^ Hmmm
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by GeorgeD1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Sorry, I didn't get that. Want to explain better?

exactly what i meant. a situation where the printing on a sachet looks better than its real content.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by Delebayo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
I guess one day we will all learn to to tell the truth

It selling, advert, product branding, etc about telling lies? Why can't I buy things advertised on TV/Internet and meet it thesame way, it is so sad my people.
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by InkedNerd(f): 12:20am On Dec 16, 2010
Delebayo:

I guess one day we will all learn to to tell the truth

It selling, advert, product branding, etc about telling lies? Why can't I buy things advertised on TV/Internet and meet it thesame way, it is so sad my people.

Umm because advertising students like me wanna make money grin
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2010
you mean fraudulent money?
Re: Why Is It That The Printing On Sachet Look Tastier Than There Contents by Delebayo(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Umm because advertising students like me wanna make money grin

If pple like u get to Govt. House only God know what will happen

(1) (Reply)

September Cooking Class Admission / .. / Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.