Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice (1978 Views)

Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice / Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by ewa26: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
Please, someone should explain to me d difference between ibo and Yoruba jollof rice, what is d difference in preparation and which tastebetterand why
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by onward4life(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
ewa26:
Please, someone should explain to me d difference between ibo and Yoruba jollof rice, what is d difference in preparation and which tastebetterand why

We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria
We support one Nigeria :
DANites are duty bound to
a) make posts to challenge tribal bigotry,

b) make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,

c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .

d) Add to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps.

e) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. You get to profile page go to url: Nairaland.com/moniker e.g. Www.Nairaland.com/genbuhari

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, ajepako, afobear, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, horllamideh
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by ewa26: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
onward4life:

We are DANites members of DAN - Detribalised Association of Nigeria
We support one Nigeria :
DANites are duty bound to
a) make posts to challenge tribal bigotry,

b) make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,

c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .

d) Add to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps.

e) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. You get to profile page go to url: Nairaland.com/moniker e.g. Www.Nairaland.com/genbuhari

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, ajepako, afobear, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, horllamideh
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

no you directly answer my question now ok! angry
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by MainoCooks(m): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
ewa26:

Never heard of such a thing.
Not all Yoruba people make jollof rice the same way, not all Igbo people make it the same way. I might be wrong, but I think it is more of an individual thing, not a tribal thing. I have eaten jollof rice made by Igbo, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Efik, Edo etc. I have never heard it referred to by tribe.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by ewa26: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
MainoCooks:

Not all Yoruba people make jollof rice the same way, not all Igbo people make it the same way. I might be wrong, but I think it is more of an individual thing, not a tribal thing. I have eaten jollof rice made by Igbo, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Efik, Edo etc. I have never heard it referred to by tribe.
ok tnx bro, bet please is there a slight difference in d ibo vs. Yoruba one, just tiny difference in taste or spices?
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by MainoCooks(m): 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
ewa26:
ok tnx bro, bet please is there a slight difference in d ibo vs. Yoruba one, just tiny difference in taste or spices?

Not really, depends on the cook.
If we were going to generalize, we could say that Yorubas tend to use more pepper - but that's not just for jollof.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by ewa26: 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
MainoCooks:

Not really, depends on the cook.
If we were going to generalize, we could say that Yorubas tend to use more pepper - but that's not just for jollof.
right and what about the smoky party flavour? Which tribe would win der?
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
Please STOP this.
Jollof rice is jollof rice.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by OrdercityWeb: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
ewa26:
right and what about the smoky party flavour? Which tribe would win der?
You have mental problem. Win?
Who told you they are competing?
Honestly you need help.
There is nothing like "ibo" or "yoruba" jollof rice, because every individual is different.
So i don't know what "win" you're talking about if not that you have mental problems undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by OrdercityWeb: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
ewa26:
What is your problem you this person. Didn't you read his reply or your mental problems are preventing you.
I wonder the nonsense questions you're still asking after reading the bolded portions.
You're just a rabblerouser that's all.
You clearly avoided his reply and started "tribalizing" jollof rice. I wonder what tribe as got to do with jollof rice.
Bimbo!
Ps: i am not going to reply your mention. undecided

MainoCooks:

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Jollof Rice by tokrizy: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
grin grin IGBO jollof rice den go use leaf join why YORUBA jollof rice enof PEPPER. . . PEPPER DEM GANG

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

September Cooking Class Admission / My First Dog Meat Peppersoup Experience. / What's Wrong With My Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.