Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA (1854 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by sophiap: 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk7EwqRC5JQ

DSA Does it mean there us no good church at all in this generation.
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
sophiap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk7EwqRC5JQ

DSA Does it mean there us no good church at all in this generation.

In as much as I agree with some of the points he made he was not factual in many areas regarding DLBC. The abuse we have in the churches is only a reflection of the system of the country and the continent as a whole and its only the truth in Christ that can set us free not traditional religion.

Below are some points I noticed where he misconstrued, misrepresented and misconceived what the church is all about:

i) He claimed that the leadership in the church does not like to be questioned, how then did the leader answer the question of the sister?
ii) He lied when he said women are not allowed to wear makeup to the church, Is he saying the ushers will turn you back if you do?
iii) He lied when he said women are not allowed to expose their hair at all even if they are out and about the community.
iv) He overstretched the truth when he said leaders abuse others in the church because they themselves where abused.
v) He confuses engagement with dating when he alleges brethren are not allowed to know each other 'humanly,' does he mean sexually?

I am now beginning to see where his problem emanated from because of his approach to these issues.

It is becoming clear that this man is just using human psychology, sociology and philosophy to address church issues he no longer shows any spiritual or biblical insight.

3 Likes

Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
As I always say . Nobody has right to criticize another minister . Everybody has a bible based reason for their system as long their doctrine of christ and salvation is in line with bible .

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

For Adelaja . God forgive me if I’m wrong . I feel he either has a mental case or has a demon. I pray I’m wrong but that is what he action physically portrays . And all these hyena cries he does while condemning churches and their pastors
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by naijadude7: 7:07am On Aug 29, 2020
Are you suggesting that when you see false teachings, you must not expose them?
Well that is not the Scripture o. There is a difference between judging and rebuking, contending with false teachings, and exposing error.

We are not to judge. Judging means we pronounce punishment on people (e.g. that they will perish if they do/don't do certain things).
But that is different.

Scripture wants us to REBUKE
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Tim 4:2 (KJV)
These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
Titus 2:15 (KJV)

To CONTEND with false preaching.
They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
Prov 28:4 (KJV)

Jesus Himself repeatedly exposed the false teachings of the Scribes, Pharisees, and the Lawyers of his day.
He never shied away from contending with them. He called them names (e.g. Hypocrites, whited sepulchres, thieves, robbers, etc, etc).
You can see some of Christ's sharpest words in Matthew 23, from verse 13. Also Luke 11:42 and onwards.

It is therefore incorrect to keep quiet when we see anyone--preacher or not--mislead, abuse or otherwise mistreat the people of God.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by JourneytoEL(f): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2020
Even Jesus despite how perfect he was and the miracles he performed was criticised heavily even to the extent of people carrying stones in order to hurt him, so who is Kumuyi that he won't be criticized? As far as you're doing the work of God on earth expect to be under severe criticism and hate by sons of the devil who publicly claim to love God because of their so-called, knowledge. Jesus faced pharisees while our generation are facing English-fluent, master speakers, PhD in theology self/demon ordained pastors. Infact if you're in this heavenly race and no one is criticising you, you should even be bothered.
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 9:27am On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is becoming clear that this man is just using human psychology, sociology and philosophy to address church issues he no longer shows any spiritual or biblical insight.

He's a backsliden minuster or Christian. O don't know if he's still in faith . He openly attacks church systems
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

He's a backsliden minister or Christian. I don't know if he's still in faith . He openly attacks church systems
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2020
I don't understand why people think/feels you can't ask questions even when you are not clear with certain issues........
Are these so call men of God not human being that are prone to making mistakes?........

Majority of what pastor Sunday Adelaja mentioned here are true of DL
Every GOs create their doctrine and expect their members/followers to follow suit irrespective of what the Bible says.........
Different GOs with different doctrines contradicting themselves........
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2020
petra1:

He's a backsliden minister or Christian. I don't know if he's still in faith . [b]He openly attacks church system[/b]s

Faulty Church system you mean?
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

[/b]
Faulty Church system you mean?

More like attention seeking. He attacks every minister . Especially in areas has no information. He misjudge actions and intentions.

Imagine him saying casting out demons is hypnotism .
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2020
petra1:

As I always say . Nobody has right to criticize another minister . Everybody has a bible based reason for their system as long their doctrine of christ and salvation is in line with bible .

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

For Adelaja . God forgive me if I’m wrong . I feel he either has a mental case or has a demon. I pray I’m wrong but that is what he action physically portrays . And all these hyena cries he does while condemning churches and their pastors

Then why did Apostle Paul criticized Apostle Peter? Galatians 2:11 embarassed
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 10:53am On Aug 29, 2020
Maximus69:

Then why did Apostle Paul criticized Apostle Peter? Galatians 2:11 embarassed

You can correct or rebuke in the place of your authority under your jurisdiction .

That was Pauls Church. Peter did hyprocritcally there when he disembarked from eating with gentiles in Pauls Church when he saw James deciples coming to sph their liberty. Paul had to do the correction there openly. He was the Pastor in charge.
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by paxonel(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2020
If you don't want to be criticized get rid of extreme and conservative doctrines that enslave your members.
Shikina! grin
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2020
petra1:

You can correct or rebuke in the place of your authority under your jurisdiction .

That was Pauls Church. Peter did hyprocritcally there when he disembarked from eating with gentiles in Pauls Church when he saw James deciples coming to sph their liberty. Paul had to do the correction there openly. He was the Pastor in charge.

I thought you said ministers shouldn't criticize one another! undecided

And the bolded, please who is the pastor in charge? Can you back this up with the scriptures please? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

I don't understand why people think/feels you can't ask questions even when you are not clear with certain issues........
Are these so call men of God not human being that are prone to making mistakes?........

Every GOs create their doctrine and expect their members/followers to follow suit irrespective of what the Bible says.........

How did you know that it is true, did you personally experience what he claimed about the church? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
petra1:

He's a backsliden minuster or Christian. O don't know if he's still in faith . He openly attacks church systems

Is it the fact that he openly attacks church systems or that he constructively criticizes church systems that makes him a backslidden minister or Christian? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

It is human to make mistakes but when we refuse to learn from our mistakes or begin to teach false doctrines is when we deserve to be called out. DSA was partly wrong in his accusations of DL. If you are to make a constructive criticism at least do your home work and be factual. cool
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
paxonel:

If you don't want to be criticized get rid of extreme and conservative doctrines that enslave your members.
Shikina! grin

There is nothing wrong in being criticised it depends on where the criticism is coming from. cool

1 Like

Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

How did you know that it is true, did you personally experience what he claimed about the church? undecided
Yes I know and I have experience it and they are not hidden........
All what the OP listed are all true and not just applicable to DL alone but to majority of the Penticostal/one man Churches..........

The moment you are a church owner (GO), all the decisions are from you, either right or wrong, you are the president of the church......the wrong perception that television as evil box that most of the DL members still believe till date is an example.......
The moment you see a DL lady you will know by her dressing, they see others Christians as unbelievers because they wear makeups or weaveon etc...
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is human to make mistakes but when we refuse to learn from our mistakes or begin to teach false doctrines is when we deserve to be called out. DSA was partly wrong in his accusations of DL. If you are to make a constructive criticism at least do your home work and be factual. cool

Most of the GOs do not give rooms for questioning otherwise you are seen as disobedient servants or Antichrist........
Being in workers meeting when most of the pastors complain, and even when they are called for ministers/workers meetings, they only come and instructions are read out to, they don't have any say....even when they are not comfortable with most of the decision, but because the decisions are from above........
Same to Winners......all you hear is obey instructions, Papa Say......... etc
If you are to only obey without asking questions is slavery.........
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by paxonel(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

There is nothing wrong in being criticised it depends on where the criticism is coming from. cool
meaning, when the criticism is coming from a fellow pastor in the faith then it's not allowed?
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by petra1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Is it the fact that he openly attacks church systems or that he constructively criticizes church systems that makes him a backslidden minister or Christian? undecided

No but the content of his criticism as O mentioned above. He criticize what he doesn't know and thereby stand in the place of destabilizing the faith of genuine seekers of God. He has no more message to preach than just condemning the works of other men of God.

Secondly its wrong to judge others but if we must judge action or doctrines we do it scripturally and not name calling others as mammon worshiper or fake monisters or thieves especially when we stand the chance of being wrong in our opinion .

Thirdly he had access to these ministers he could have called them for a discussion . And if there need be He could have warned them individually if they are really in error . But he goes after sheep and genuine seekers to paint every known minisyers evil. Living the people with nothing
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
petra1:

No but the content of his criticism as O mentioned above. He criticize what he doesn't know and thereby stand in the place of destabilizing the faith of genuine seekers of God. He has no more message to preach than just condemning the works of other men of God.

There is nothing wrong in engaging in constructive criticism and DSA should also expect constructive criticism where he gets his facts wrong.

petra1:

Secondly its wrong to judge others but if we must judge action or doctrines we do it scripturally and not name calling others as mammon worshiper or fake monisters or thieves especially when we stand the chance of being wrong in our opinion .

There is also nothing wrong in calling out wolves in sheepskin and we should expect the same if we fall into that category.

petra1:

Thirdly he had access to these ministers he could have called them for a discussion . And if there need be He could have warned them individually if they are really in error . But he goes after sheep and genuine seekers to paint every known minisyers evil. Living the people with nothing

How are you sure that he did not contact these ministers in question? A minister should be called out if he persist in propagating false doctrines but I do not see any false doctrines being preached here and if you do can you please point them out?
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
paxonel:

meaning, when the criticism is coming from a fellow pastor in the faith then it's not allowed?

Is that how you understood the cartoon? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes I know and I have experience it and they are not hidden........
All what the OP listed are all true and not just applicable to DL alone but to majority of the Penticostal/one man Churches..........

The moment you are a church owner (GO), all the decisions are from you, either right or wrong, you are the president of the church......the wrong perception that television as evil box that most of the DL members still believe till date is an example.......
The moment you see a DL lady you will know by her dressing, they see others Christians as unbelievers because they wear makeups or weaveon etc...

What you are saying here are perceptions about DL which are not all necessary true. Don't be a false witness.
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

Most of the GOs do not give rooms for questioning otherwise you are seen as disobedient servants or Antichrist........
Being in workers meeting when most of the pastors complain, and even when they are called for ministers/workers meetings, they only come and instructions are read out to, they don't have any say....even when they are not comfortable with most of the decision, but because the decisions are from above........
Same to Winners......all you hear is obey instructions, Papa Say......... etc
If you are to only obey without asking questions is slavery.........

Have you ever attended DL Sunday services before? If yes, did you witness a question and answer session? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Have you ever attended DL Sunday services before? If yes, did you witness a question and answer session? undecided
I am not a DL member, but I have adended their service by invitation,.........
What I said about DL members, especially the female/ladies are not hidden facts, I have relatives, colleagues and tenants who are DL, they all have same believe
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What you are saying here are perceptions about DL which are not all necessary true. Don't be a false witness.
I don't understand what you mean by my perceptions, maybe you can do your research if they are true or false.......
Remember not long ago when the thrending picture of the wedding gown of the GOs son's and that of the ordinary member......

Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by paxonel(m): 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Is that how you understood the cartoon? undecided
just commenting on your statement "it depend on where the criticism is coming from " and not the cartoon.
And talking about the cartoon, if anyone is criticizing your pastor whether they are right or wrong it doesn't mean they are denying Christ
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

I am not a DL member, but I have adended their service by invitation,.........
What I said about DL members, especially the female/ladies are not hidden facts, I have relatives, colleagues and tenants who are DL, they all have same believe

And you are sure that they don't give room for asking question? undecided
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
desiredhome:

I don't understand what you mean by my perceptions, maybe you can do your research if they are true or false.......
Remember not long ago when the thrending picture of the wedding gown of the GOs son's and that of the ordinary member......

Those are the misconceptions and misrepresentations you get when you feed on what is trending online.
Re: How Deeper Life Church Abuses Its Members - Adelaja DSA by desiredhome: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Those are the misconceptions and misrepresentations you get when you feed on what is trending online.
No It's not miscommunications, I told you I am in Nigeria and I know and seen it myself.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision / Three Kinds Of People You Find In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.