Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church (61994 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by salesbloo: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
Jimmy Odukoya, the son of Bimbo and Taiwo Odukoya, has been named the senior pastor of the Fountain of Life Church.

The announcement was made during the church service on Sunday.

Addressing the congregation, Rotimi Okpaise, a pastor, said the late Taiwo Odukoya confided in the board of trustees (BoT) members about the succession plan before his demise.

Okpaise said the BoT unanimously elected Jimmy as the senior pastor and chairperson of the board.

The board has chosen Saturday, September 30, 2023, as the date of Jimmy’s installation,” he said.

On August 7, Odukoya, founder of the church, died in the United States of America aged 67.

He died less than two years after losing his wife, Nomthi, a South African, on November 9, 2021, following a two-year battle with cancer.

Odukoya’s marriage to Nomthi lasted 11 years and produced two boys.

Before Nomthi, Odukoya was married to Bimbo for 21 years.

Bimbo died in the 2005 Sosoliso plane crash in Port Harcourt, the Rivers capital.

WHO IS JIMMY?

Jimmy is a Nollywood actor and musician. He played one of the lead roles — Oba Ade — in Netflix’s ‘Woman King’ movie.

He has also been featured in movies like ‘Lifting the Veil’, ‘I am Nazzy’, and ‘Oga Pastor’, among others.

Aside from acting, he is also a motivational speaker.

https://www.thecable.ng/jimmy-odukoya-succeeds-father-as-senior-pastor-of-fountain-of-life-church/amp

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Racoon(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
Humn! Though the trauma is too heavy given the situations with the painful death of his parents, I think the board of trustees of the church ought to have nominated someone different away from the Odukoyas. Church leadership should not be as a result of monarchial inheritance.

400 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Righthussle: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
Racoon:
Humn! Though the trauma is too heavy given the situations thought with the painful death of his parents, I think the board of trustees of the church ought to have nominated someone different aways from the Odukoyas. Church leadership should not be as a result of monarchial inheritance.

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business. I no blame them. Na the fools wey dey work hard for money carry go give pulpit bandits to chop in the name of giving to God na them I dey pity. I don free my mother from the foolishness of thinking these thieves work for whoever made the universe.

Shishi pulpits bandits no go see from me and my family again.

Any god that needs money should use his power to collect it from CBN or IMF or better still sit down and create money for himself. I won't give shishi to any god through anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TryP_z07aU?si=WBcQ5qrH-_BRr-Ic

347 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Acekidc4(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
No be Dread ah Dey see for him Head so🤔🤔

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by inoki247: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Well all is well...

I think say you've to be call by God before you become a Pastor...

God know's it all.....

I no wan Judge anybody buh the church looks like is going to the street way this not the Legacy the founder build on...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by ebufa: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
salesbloo:
BREAKING: Jimmy Odukoya succeeds father as senior pastor of Fountain of Life Church

https://twitter.com/kc_journalist/status/1703369116621427050

There is a spirit of death dogging this good family! The young man has to be prayed for!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by kokoA(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Just when his acting career was about to pick up.. Eyahh..

21 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Donaldoni: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2023
Great!

Congratulations to him.

Let him barb his hair/locks and look responsible.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2023
Of course, na family business na.

No surprise there!

Its the church members who do not realize Nigerians churches are business centers.

I get calling na scam.

Every new testament christian has a calling and can open a church.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Shinjawestern: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2023
Donaldoni:
Great!

Congratulations to him.

Let him barb his hair/locks and look responsible.

Guess those bandits and islamic terrorists keep dreadlocks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Shinjawestern: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business.

Since church na business try set up one mugu

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Leave all that plenty grammar. Church na business. The boy must inherit his father's business.

Na only the gullible member who do not understand they are in a business center.
I will worship God from my house.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by ican2020: 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
What of assistant pastors?

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by sreamsense: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

You need to understand that children they raised are not wayward like you. Many of them are well brought up and always align with visions of their fathers. You can't compare yourself in this scenerio because we don't even know if DNA will confirm you are born for another father. Whoever the elders agreed upon to follow suit shouldn't be the problem since the children are not the ones fighting for the positions

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by akanke79: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
When one CEO dies,his heir must take over.
No God dey call any pastor,pastor job is like any other job in tbe labour market.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Righthussle: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2023
sreamsense:

You need to understand that children they raised are not wayward like you. Many of them are well brought up and always align with visions of their fathers. You can't compare yourself in this scenerio because we don't even know if DNA will confirm you are born for another father. Whoever the elders agreed upon to follow suit shouldn't be the problem since the children are not the ones fighting for the positions

Why not politely disagree with my opinion instead of insulting me. I know say na so una dey sha. Children wey dem train with tithe and offering money no dey get sense and respect.

Don't worry guy, you will certainly inherit your pulpit bandit of a father's business (church). My comments and opinions can't change that. But may be by then there won't be so much gullible people to give you free money like they are giving to your dad now. Enjoy it while it lasts.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Tabletuner(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
A welcomed development in MY OPINION.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Wizardslayer: 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2023
Family business.

People should wisen up, all that pastors needed from you is your money nothing more nothing less.

15 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by 1Sharon(f): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2023
Who else would? It's a family affair. Did God call Odukoya's family members too?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by degreatstalion: 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2023
grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Dittodat: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
Family business center.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by inoki247: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by amalgram69: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
Well, the business is flourishing. cool

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by saphiere(f): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
After sleeping with all the women in the industry, here he is wanting to pastor a church. Nigeria is indeed lawless.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by mmadu5(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
gay guy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by BigDawsNet: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
God is your strength

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by siofra(f): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023

7 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by forerunner022(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
Righthussle:

Tattoo pastor

8 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by tfelicityk(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
Congratulations to him...
May he allow himself to be use by God. I wish him good luck with the huge assignment he is holding at hand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by starstaz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
Racoon:
Humn! Though the trauma is too heavy given the situations thought with the painful death of his parents, I think the board of trustees of the church ought to have nominated someone different aways from the Odukoyas. Church leadership should not be as a result of monarchial inheritance.

I agree in agreement.

I like his tatuu paito.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church by donnie(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
hehe..and that is how the white man's legacy of deception, slavery and colonialism is passed on from generation to generation.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / You Are Inside A Woman's Private Part - Female Pastor Tells Man / "Jesus Christ" Image Appears At A Church In Ikorodu, See What Residents Did Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.