Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues (24112 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari: End Of The Great Flop By Mobolaji Sanusi (The Nation) / Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano / Spot The Difference Ganduje Vs Kwankwaso Bridge In Kano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Islie: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2020
MUHAMMAD KABIR reports on the lingering supremacy battle between Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje and the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi over the creation of new emirate councils in the ancient city despite efforts by the General Abdulsalami Abubakar-led reconciliation committee and other interventions by eminent Nigerians to resolve the crisis

The political battle between Governor Abdullahi Ganduje and the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi seems to have taken a more worrisome dimension as the General Abdulsalami Abubakar-led Reconciliation Committee failed in its task.

Perhaps, the committee failed because the governor refused to yield pressure mounted on him to revert to the status quo on the Kano Emirates Council even as the Emir is said to be facing yet another alleged fraud charges involving his some of his aides, who allegedly sold plots of lands belonging to the Emirate without following due process.

Though Emir Sanusi could now heave a sigh of relief that he would no longer be dethroned from his exalted seat, his quest to ensure the repeal of the law on the creation of four additional emirate councils which is the bone of contention met a brick wall.

A source close to the committee told our correspondent that the Abdulsalami committee met with Governor Ganduje at the Aminu Kano House, Asokoro, Abuja, in a bid to persuade him to retrace his steps on the new emirate councils.

This was after Emir Sanusi reportedly stormed the Katsina State government lodge in Abuja to meet with Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi, who is the chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) alongside Katsina State governor Aminu Masari and others to lobby them on the issue.

The source further disclosed that the meeting between the Abdulsalami committee and Ganduje, which was slated for last week Tuesday at the Aminu Kano House, Abuja, for 2.pm, couldn’t hold as scheduled as both parties had other engagement in Abuja until the governor accompanied by Senator Barau Jibrin; onetime kingmaker in the Kano Emirate, Aminu Babba Dan Agundi and the National Treasurer of All Progressives Congress (APC) Panda and others.

On the side of General Abubakar were General Mohammed Wushishi and Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, among others, who eventually met with the committee at about 8.30 pm.

“We waited for over two hours before Ganduje returned, the Emir kept calling my boss pleading for his understanding of the need for them to wait for the governor,” the source revealed.

He added that during the meeting, members of the committee pleaded with the governor on the need for him and Sanusi to reconcile for the peace and progress of the state.

Part of the request put forward to the governor by the committee was to dissolve the four newly created emirate councils and not to dethrone Emir Sanusi, among others.

However, Ganduje told the committee that he will embark on a consultation on their request, promising to get back when the meeting reconvenes this week.

As scheduled, the meeting reconvened at 12.30 pm the next day, where Ganduje was said to have told the committee point blank that he will not rescind his decision on the creation of the four additional emirates.

Nevertheless, Ganduje assured Emir Sanusi that he bears no grudges against the Emir notwithstanding the fact that the new emirates have come to stay.

The parley ended at about 3:30 pm had in attendance, Emir Sanusi and all his district heads although the district heads were not part of the meeting.

Ganduje stood his ground and told them in clear terms that nothing will change on the new emirates. He assured them that he won’t victimize the Emir, cautioning that the Emir too should steer clear of indulgence in partisan politics.

It was further gathered that shortly after the meeting, Emir Sanusi requested for a one-on-one meeting with Ganduje that lasted for 15 minutes.

It would be recalled that the Federal Government-backed committee led by General Abubakar was formed to intervene in the Kano crisis, with a view to bringing about, full reconciliation and effective resolution of the matter.

A statement signed by Adamu Fika on December 22, 2019, had disclosed that “against  the background of the crisis in Kano, a matter that has since degenerated into serious tension within the state, with likely consequences on peace and security with the possibility of spilling into neighbouring states, a group of elders, under the chairmanship of General Abdulsalami Abubakar to intervene.”

Continuing, the statement added that “two state governors are also members of the committee. They are Governor Kayode Fayemi (who is also the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum) and Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State.”

The statement further revealed that other members of the committee include: Alhaji Adamu Fika, Wazirin Fika, General Muhammadu Inuwa Wushishi, Alhaji Abdullahi Ibrahim, Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida, Dr. Umaru Mutallab, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari and Sheikh Sharif Ibrahim Saleh.

The committee had wanted to meet with Ganduje but the meeting couldn’t hold because the governor was traveling for lesser hajj then.

When contacted, the Senior Special Adviser (Media) to the governor, Salihu Tanko Yakasai, however denied knowledge of the meeting. “I’m not aware if any meeting like that took place to be honest with you,” he said.

Effort to reach Mallam Munir Sanusi Bayero, who is an aide to Emir Sanusi on phone on the issue failed to yield the desired result.

However, despite the seeming failure to reach a conclusive resolution of the dispute between Ganduje and Emir Sanusi, a former governor of Kano State, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, said he is making frantic moves to reconcile the duo.

Shekarau told our correspondent through his media aide, Sule Yau Sule, that he has gone far in trying to bring to an end to dispute. “As a member of the state’s traditional institution as Sardauna of Kano and governor of the state for eight years, I know how best to resolve the imbroglio between the two most important institutions.”

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, who also made intervention in the matter during a recent courtesy visit on Governor Ganduje, urged him to reconsider his government’s decision on the creation of additional emirates in Kano State.

“I am very worried and concerned over the issue, I urge you to please reconsider your decision your excellency. When I had a meeting with his Eminence over the issue, he said that reconciliatory moves were being made to settle the issue.

“Your Excellency, I appeal to you on behalf of myself and my brothers, please even if you are offended, please tamper justice with mercy. I advise you to please approach the issue with lots of caution and maturity,” Oba Ewuare, who was accompanied by the Emir Sanusi during the visit, said.

The Benin monarch advised that “whatever must have instigated the recent splitting of the Kano Emirate should be treated with utmost care, maturity and the wisdom that our forefathers applied in handling matters of such nature.”

He expressed satisfaction over the cordial relationship he saw between the governor and the Emir as against what is being circulated around.

His words: “When we sat there waiting for this hall to be arranged, the very close rapport that I saw between Your Excellency and His Royal Highness is evident that they don’t show any sign of conflict ever existed in Kano. I said to myself, so I have just been reading a lot of things as the media will put it for the benefit of selling their papers” he stated.

Ganduje, who did not respond to the plea, however expressed his intention to work hand-in-hand with the traditional institution in moving the state forward.

“I listened to your rich speech with keen interest and attention and I am happy that you among others commented on the role of traditional rulers in nation building. Inclusiveness of traditional rulers in governance is being given high priority in Kano, particularly when you are talking of those parameters that are indispensable for human development; that is education and health services” the governor stated.

Earlier in his address, Emir Sanusi, who was visiting the Kano government house in a very long time, used the opportunity to congratulate Governor Ganduje on his victory at the Supreme Court. He appreciated the call by the Kano governor for the need to build a united Kano and promised to contribute his quota.

His words: “Since this is the first visit I’m making to the government house since the Supreme Court victory of the governor, let me use this opportunity, on behalf myself and the Emirate Council to congratulate you and your government, congratulations.

“I have listened carefully to your acceptance speech and your call to the people of Kano to unify and I will add my voice to that call for unity.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/ganduje-vs-sanusi-the-battle-continues/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by JasonScoolari: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi is reaping bountifully this harvest period....

Next time when you hear the name Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, you'll behave normal and concentrate.

Thumbs up Gandollar, deal with him, you've my blessings on this one.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by agwom(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hope this is the final round of the battle!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Bossontop(m): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2020

22 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Kendumazy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Just wondering if it's a must for an intelligent Sanusi to be an Emir. There are other better befitting posts for him out there naaw instead of his brouhaha with Ganduje. All the very best to him.

Let's handle your ebay/Amazon orders. Check my signature below for more details.

10 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Dreal1247: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi who stood tall and strong against the then President Good luck Jonathan as the CBN Governor now is being humbled by a Governor even as an Emir. How things change.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by damilare442: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Johnnydamn01: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Q
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by sammysmiles(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
So you expect me to read all this stories that doesn't give any hope for the remaining three years of this government

18 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Holamilekan97(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
O ga ooo. Una no dey tire ni? Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by bayelsaowei(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi thought goodluck was his problem...Sanusi enjoy yourself... tongue

7 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Yankiss(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kano Emirati is not just all about Sanusi. The Governor should not act with vendetta. He should act in the interest of the people of Kano.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by BF69BF: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
I have the full video

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Kiddinpoh(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
GANdollar
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by OmoManU: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ganduje sure just remember that one day he will cease being a governor

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by tophumble(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
This fight shd just finish jare. Any how they wish to end it, they shd.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Rekyz(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi has been reduced to nothing.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by iCauseTrouble: 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
sad
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by onuwaje(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Why are we still having monarchs sef

Waste of funds

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by JubrinElSudan: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
They say he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. The issue here is that Sanusi's hands are not clean, that's the only reason Ganduje can be using his head to catch trips whenever he feels like. They ( Ganduje and Sanusi) know this, so Sanusi can only sulk in the background while Ganduje keeps playing god. Ordinarily if he is clean, the only worse Ganduje can do is the creation of additional Emirates and not keep threatening him with Anti-corruption investigations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by unitysheart(m): 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi bit more than he can chew.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by NigeriaBam: 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
cool
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Jrevelation(m): 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Can he Sanusi contest for the governor of the state?
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Hypnotise: 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Na dem sabi
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by b3llo(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sanusi, is in trouble with Baba Gandollar.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by Rekyz(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
OmoManU:
Ganduje sure just remember that one day he will cease being a governor
Sanusi will one day cease being Emir.
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by wilemer: 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
interesting
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by millionboi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ganduje wouldn't win even a councilorship after buhari time
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by CapitalHYC(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
Na their wahala make Dem settle am.. And if otherwise.. Their wahala
Re: Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues by spafu(m): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
Che Guevara died at 39 years of age, but those were very productive years, one must add. How old are you sir? 21 or 29? I know, age is nothing but a number.
How many of us had taken the time to read about Ernesto Che Guevara? I can bet you don't even know who he is, and why is that the case?
Is it not because your 'leaders' have imprisoned your minds and your senses for so long that has made you too lazy to read what ought to be read? Is that not what had made you to continue to believe that things will change while 40 is calling you by the corner, or in your case, you are already bidding 45 farewell.
Let me tell you the truth, nothing will change until you make an effort to change them. Didn't Newton's first aptly tell you that a body would be in a state of rest until an external force is acted upon it? Well, I am not a scientist and so may not engage you in an argument as to whether Newton was referring only to motion and not the state of a nation. But why not ask yourself, is your motionless? So, keep expecting Nigeria to get better while you do nothing. Nigeria can only become what you make it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Okays APC's Direct Primary, Strikes Out Restraining Order / Atiku Visits Owerri, Meets Iwuanyanwu And Others (Photos) / 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.