Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (63939 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 12:08am On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Its been a horrible EPL season for the top teams though. Can't believe we've lost 5 games already and we are still 2nd on the table. Last season, same stage with 4 games lost and we were already out of the title race

it's the nature of the fixtures. by march, the boys shall be separated from the men.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2010
Shakara don end o end o Shaara don end o end o

Dipo2much e don get belle, Shakara don end o

Edoyad don get belle Shakara don end o

ifedisky don get belle, Shakara don end o

HNIC don get belle, Shakara don end o

Duduspace don get belle, Shakara don end o

Debosky don get belle, Shakara don end o

Switch47 don  get belle Shakara don end o

Wenger don get belle, Shakara don end o

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/AgpQNENsmo4&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Moonstone(f): 12:11am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
That wasnt a compliment,dear.  Or do you think I am a dayokanu?
Trust me, I meant it as a compliment that you said something sensible and fair. Most times it's either unfair or sensible.

Dayokanu, e don do abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:12am On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

it's the nature of the fixtures. by march, the boys shall be separated from the men.

I dont think its the fixtures. We are lucky Chelsea and United have also been poor. Though I agree by second half of the season there'l be a natural separation in the top teams. I only hope we don't get sifted out of things.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

I dont think its the fixtures. We are lucky Chelsea and United have also been poor. Though I agree by second half of the season there'l be a natural separation in the top teams. I only hope we don't get sifted out of things.

Wetin be all these lamentation?

Na today una don dey go trophyless abeg no look Uche face jor Nothing do you.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/gEGn84Sg4RE&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 12:18am On Dec 14, 2010
^^
I'ld say the influc of better players in the league contributed. The Carrolls,Elmanders,Odemwingie, VDVaarts have all made their teams very hard to beat. I predict more upsets for the bigger teams.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
I'ld say the influc of better players in the league contributed. The Carrolls,Elmanders,Odemwingie, VDVaarts have all made their teams very hard to beat. I predict more upsets for the bigger teams.

Shey na JS park beat your teeth comot wey you no fit spell again or wetin be influc? Can we assume this is a slip of brain?

Why has this influx kept you trophyless for half a decade while other teams are winning even portmouth sef dey win

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/as7jqY9fpKs&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 12:32am On Dec 14, 2010
which 'other teams' u dey talk of? e pass manure and chelski?
The influx is why a team of Liverpool's pedigree is looking like Bayern Munshit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^

Well maybe, maybe not. We could say teams like Spurs and City have improved but looking at other teams, I don't see anything different from past years. Id rather believe that Chelsea may be suffering from injuries to their mahor players and United have lost that edge they had in CR7. However, the influence of SAF in that team can not be quantified. I can bet if roles were reversed in terms of coaches (ManU and Arsenal) with same playing personal, Arsenal would be top of the league today. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chic2pimp(m): 12:35am On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Wahlai you be proper Agbero grin grin grin

Anyays sha, make I ask my own,
How Market!!!
Yaya Kasua!!!
Bawo Ni Oja!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

it's the fixtures. it has been tough for the top four teams with the way the difficulty is spread evenly. we play arsenal today, chelsea next week. for chelsea, tottenham yesterday, man utd next week.  arsenal played united today and will play chelsea again in a fortnight. these aren't easy fixtures by any means. by feb/march, things will get better and one of arsenal/man utd will get the kind of fixtures chelsea got at the start that got them 15 easy points in 5 games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2010
Whichever way, the second half of the season (after January transfer window) will settle all issues. Im really worried about Spurs and City tbh. Previous seasons, I won't have bothered but now, Im really worried.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:39am On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

it's the fixtures. it has been tough for the top four teams with the way the difficulty is spread evenly. we play arsenal today, chelsea next week. for chelsea, tottenham yesterday, man utd next week.  arsenal played united today and will play chelsea again in a fortnight. these aren't easy fixtures by any means. by feb/march, things will get better and one of arsenal/man utd will get the kind of fixtures chelsea got at the start that got them 15 easy points in 5 games.

But these fixtures you listed consist of matches between last weekend and next 2/3 weeks. How about the beginning of the season till now? How have Chelsea lost 4 matches, ManUnited drawn 7 in 16 games?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:40am On Dec 14, 2010
By December the league is already over for these hopeless GAYYners?

6yrs without a league title
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Image123(m): 12:41am On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/AgpQNENsmo4&feature=related[/flash]
LOLipop. Why does everybody know what arsenal should do except arsenalfc?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 12:42am On Dec 14, 2010
I think the fact that a team like chelsea being unable to beat city or everton proves my point. So does ManU drawing so many matches.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

I think the fact that a team like chelsea being unable to beat city or everton proves my point. So does ManU drawing so many matches.

Shut your stinking gob!!!

Is Man Utd or Chelsea half a decade trophyless? Or why are you mentioning them with your Godforsaken club?

Deluded people, Before the end of this week, Someone would still ention Assanal in the same sentence with Barcelona.

Its even an insult to compare then to Ranchers Bees
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 12:49am On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

But these fixtures you listed consist of matches between last weekend and next 2/3 weeks. How about the beginning of the season till now? How have Chelsea lost 4 matches, ManUnited drawn 7 in 16 games?

the start of the season favoured chelsea and they won 5 games on the spin. united and arsenal haven't been favoured with that luck still. chelsea lost 4 matches because they lost key players when it mattered most. united drawing 7 in 16 games is an improvement. if you look at the fixtures last season, united lost emphatically at everton and fulham. having to play johnny evans/john o'shea in the defence cost united many points as well but i think saf now knows his best line-up in the defence. rafael should be ahead of neville, oshea, brown and co. rafael did a professional job on nasri tonight.

dayokanu:

Shut your stinking gob!!!

Is Man Utd or Chelsea half a decade trophyless? Or why are you mentioning them with your Godforsaken club?

Deluded people, Before the end of this week, Someone would still ention Assanal in the same sentence with Barcelona.

Its even an insult to compare then to Ranchers Bees

dayo, why are you so angry with arsene? did you take a punt on the arses winning tonight? the team is currently work-in-progress. in 5 years time, wenger will win the league. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:49am On Dec 14, 2010
I agree with you but only in the case of City and Spurs (the former doing an extreme makeover on their team and the latter building on last season's success) but when it comes to losing at home to Sunderland for instance i doubt it if it has to do with Sunderland playing well rather than Chelsea not playing well. My point is, same Chelsea team last season against this same sunderland team will not lose 0 -3 at home. Same with their Birmingham loss too. Everton has always been the tough one for the top '4' teams. You can check the stats over last 5 seasons.

Anywas no point going back and forth. What I wait to see is if the trend will continue next year. I see the bottom clubs dropping more points but if City and Spurs can attract quality players in January, I expect them to contend for the top four position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 12:51am On Dec 14, 2010
Dayo, I no fit vex at anythin u say. So no even try am at all.
Chelsea went 50 years,and now you make half a decade sound like its more time than half a century. Ode oshi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:53am On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

the start of the season favoured chelsea and they won 5 games on the spin. united and arsenal haven't been favoured with that luck still. [b]chelsea lost 4 matches because they lost key players when it mattered most. [/b]united drawing 7 in 16 games is an improvement. if you look at the fixtures last season, united lost emphatically at everton and fulham. having to play johnny evans/john o'shea in the defence cost united many points as well but i think saf now knows his best line-up in the defence. rafael should be ahead of neville, oshea, brown and co. rafael did a professional job on nasri tonight.
Agree with most of this especially the highlighted ones.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by kaypumpin2(m): 12:54am On Dec 14, 2010
Anyone watching ESPN classics?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 12:55am On Dec 14, 2010
Arsene says he won't be buying a new player in January. I hope he changes his mind. Even if we have to loan a player, please we need a proper CB now that we ain't sure when TV will be back. I think we also need someone to play on the left when Arshavin has his off day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:56am On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

dayo, why are you so angry with arsene? did you take a punt on the arses winning tonight? the team is currently work-in-progress. in 5 years time, wenger will win the league. cheesy

Its the excuse and the level of delusion of Arsenal fans and manager thats disgusting.

Manager was already blaming the pitch and the useless fans are here making noise since last week, One would think they had something better up their sleeves.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:01am On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Anywas no point going back and forth. What I wait to see is if the trend will continue next year. I see the bottom clubs dropping more points but if City and Spurs can attract quality players in January, I expect them to contend for the top four position.

if city lose tevez in january, they won't make europe next season. tottenham have convinced me beyond any reasonable doubt that they are top contenders. chelsea were lucky last night van der vaart was missing.

proudly9ja:

Arsene says he won't be buying a new player in January. I hope he changes his mind. Even if we have to loan a player, please we need a proper CB now that we ain't sure when TV will be back. I think we also need someone to play on the left when Arshavin has his off day.

the squad cap has screwed premier league managers. arsenal/chelsea/man utd will not be buying anyone in january. i don't think arsenal need any new player to be honest apart from signing a good goalie since almunia will definitely leave. the defence should be okay with vermaelen getting back. the midfield is good, nasri has done well for himself. the attack is also solid - bendtner, chamakh, van persie and vela. the personnel is alright, it's the tactical aspect and their mentality that need to change.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 1:01am On Dec 14, 2010
Injuries is a global thing. Every team gets their own share. If u say chelsea's suffered,how about arsenal's Vermalean/Rvp, and when sunderland hammered Chelsea, Bent was injured too. Gyan,a new signin,put the match beyond them. I think the gap is being bridged better this term. Thats the only reason manu is leading the table with only 2 points. They havent really been injury struck,yet there lead on the table isnt as comfortable as u'ld expect
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:06am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

Injuries is a global thing. Every team gets their own share. If u say chelsea's suffered,how about arsenal's Vermalean/Rvp, and when sunderland hammered Chelsea, Bent was injured too. Gyan,a new signin,put the match beyond them. I think the gap is being bridged better this term. Thats the only reason manu is leading the table with only 2 points. They havent really been injury struck,yet there lead on the table isnt as comfortable as u'ld expect

united have a game in hand. they should be leading by 5 points.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 1:11am On Dec 14, 2010
Is that game not at stamford bridge? Against a wounded chelsea team. With terry,lampard back- those 5 points will be hardearned
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:14am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

Is that game not at stamford bridge? Against a wounded chelsea team. With terry,lampard back- those 5 points will be hardearned
Nope, that game is against Blackpool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

blackpool(away), easy 3 points whenever the fa decide to reschedule the game. if united can manage to beat chelsea next sunday, then they will be in a very strong position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:24am On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

Again I disagree on some points. Yes injuries is a global thing but for some seasons now, Arsenal's problem has always been the inability to have a complimentary team on the bench while the other top teams (Chelsea and United) always had good players on the bench to stand in when they are needed. This isn't the first time Terry or Drogba will be injured in a season. But in the past they have had Alex, Ben Haim, and numerous expensive players (Sheva, etc) to take their place. Same thing with United.

This season is different. United and Chelsea have very good first team (when everyone is fit) but a poor bench. Their old reliables are either leaving or getting old and they have not brought in proper replacements for one reason or another.
Arsenal on the other hand cannot say the same. Even with TV/FAB injured, we still have Rosicky, Nasri, Squill and Kos (two players we brought in last summer) to take their place. This is mainly because while other teams have been buying, we have been building and suffering the consequences. This season, we simply do not have any excuse and apart from the Spurs and Chelsea games, there is no way to explain any of our loses this season.

I think I agree with cougar, we lack that mentality and maybe sometimes suffer from tactical naiveity.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:26am On Dec 14, 2010
I hope Chelsea will beat United though cos if not, we will find it difficult to catch up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Strictly Chelsea Talk:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.