Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,511 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (63942 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chic2pimp(m): 1:27am On Dec 14, 2010
[size=20pt]The Usual Wailing and Gnashing of teeth ensuses on the Gaynner's thread.SMH[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by kaypumpin2(m): 1:37am On Dec 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

The Usual Wailing and Gnashing of teeth ensuses on Gaynners.SMH
"Ensuses on Gaynners"?usted habla Inglés amigo?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 1:40am On Dec 14, 2010
Aight . . . e se ewa malo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:46am On Dec 14, 2010
While DK goes gaga with his music, at least he has to break even after a lot of disappointments so far this season, maybe it also helps him find some peace with Muncshit sitll out of CL places with almost half of the season gone in the Bundesliga and a massive 17 points behind Dortumund tongue

My thoughts on the match is that this team has come some way but still has some to go. This match was definitely not boys v Men at all (at least it wasn't Barca v Madrid).
This team now has quality but needs to learn professionalism and a never say die attitude. Anyone could have gone ahead in today's match but the difference between us and Manure right now is that even if we went ahead, yu could never trust our boys to see out the result the way Manure went about it. It is a bit weird but it is the older heads that are now underperforming. Arsene has to find the belief to make changes as he did with Wilshere/Denilson. With Denilson on the pitch, this might have been another 3-1 rout.

Jack Wilshere was (bar Nasri) the best MF out on the pitch today, Rosicky just doesn't seem to have it in abundance any more unfortunately (its a pity injury robbed us of seeing him at his pomp) and Arshavin should be ashamed of his performance, he brought little or nothing to the match. Nani and Park gave both Sagna and Clichy a game but Arshavin could not do the same to that Da Silva boy and didn't even make up for that by giving Clichy any protection. I'm getting tired of seeing an Arsenal team where some people (like an 18 year old Wilshere) are ready to kpeme on the pitch while Arshavin couldn't seem to give a toss as to the outcome of the match.

The likes of Koscielny and Squillaci gave their all to keep Rooney in check but all Clichy needed to do (that he has failed to learn after many matches against Nani) is to defend outside his box and show the winger towards the line and not towards his box. Taken in isolation, this defeat is not a disaster, infact, one would like to see the team play with some of the same grit when we meet the lesser sides but in the context of recent matchups against the so called big clubs, the usual suspects will want to paint it as a disaster. I was encouraged by what I saw, even though we lost, a lot of the players could leave OT with their heads held high and of particular mention are Szczesny, Wilshere and Nasri, it gives me hope that there is a generation which doesn't seem burdened by the underachievement of our fallow years (perhaps its because they've won things as youth and still have the belief that they are good).

Did I also remember to say that Fabianski is just a tenant at present, Arsenal's number 1 in the long term is that man who manned the sticks today, surely all doubters must be convinced now (Debo, are yu finally convinced?) what talent, confidence and composure at OT of all places.

I still believe the best hope for this team is to win the CC at all costs and then build on from there, at least lets get rid of this trophy drought and the accompanying anchor the media have tied round our necks to keep on dragging us down and then move on from there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Image123(m): 2:23am On Dec 14, 2010
Can some expert help me here. Is there anything like loaning a coach? seems arsenal seems to need a coach loan. The current crew has done their bestest. They don't need players in any department, all they need is a coach maybe on loan since wenger don jars dem 4life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 14, 2010
Erm. . .shey Evra say na training club Assanal be?
I heard the way Gaynners were insulting him for that statement. who is right now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 14, 2010
Chelsea went 50 years,and now you make half a decade sound like its more time than half a century. Ode oshi

Abeg, it's 50 yrs without the EPL title, not trophies.

I hope Chelsea will beat United though cos if not, we will find it difficult to catch up

Amen to that.
I'm glad you still believe in your big brother. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Dec 14, 2010
What has changed on this thread from the past 6 seasons Nothing.

Wailing, Lamentation, delusion and suicidal thoughts still reign here.

Only God knows what has happened to edoyad this night.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 4:02am On Dec 14, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by MeGaStReEt: 4:36am On Dec 14, 2010
@dayo

you too much joor.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 4:45am On Dec 14, 2010
@Dudu
I thought the Carling Cup didn't matter to Arsenal? Is that not what I was yarning last season

@Dayokanu
Agbaya! #Comot4Here

O ga ooh! So after my John Cena speech on a potential defining moment or at least a momentum changing one we go on to deliver arguably our worst performance this season. Obviously these lads don't know what Hustle,Loyalty and Respect means! Not with that Shambolique show last night. I don't think we are worthy of being called rivals to teams that keep whooping our a$$

Here are my ratings as gotten from Southernplayalistic.com
Szcesny - The only bright spot. 7

Sagna - Average game really 4

Squilla - One half of a clueless central defence! While not directly culpable for the loss allowed Rooney way too much time and space on the ball! A better striker woulda made em pay 3.5

Kosileyin - His partner in cluelessness 3.5

Clichy - The sooner Wenger starts looking for a long-term replacement for him the better! Largely responsible for the 1st goal and almost gave Utd a second! C'est Shambolique 1 (Coulda scored him lower if he didn't play all 90 mins)

Song - Since he started feeling like the black Iniesta his game has gone down South! Or maybe its just that crap on his head
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 4:55am On Dec 14, 2010
Wilshere - So-so 4

Nasri - Shackled by a brilliant Rafael. A few moves here and there but mediocrity can be contagious 5

Arshavin - Can we terminate his contract yesterday? How much longer would Wenger keep stunting Theo's growth? 2

Rosicky - What is this guy still doing at Arsenal? If he cant hold the fort creatively in the absence of Cesc then what really is his use? 2

Chamakh - Burnt-out! Needs a spell on the bench like Song needs a haircut! Wasted our best chance of the game 2.5

Wenger - A disgrace for not taking out Chamakh & Arshavin at half-time

Not much else to say that hasn't been said after every crushing loss to our supposed rivals but I can only help but wonder if these are the guys going to potentially face Madrid or Barca? Hmmmm I laugh in big titties! Dem go beat us like say we go thief for oyingbo market
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by biolabee(m): 6:35am On Dec 14, 2010
dk, give us a break, kpas but those tracks are funny

dudu nasri did not do anything yesterday i still insist he is not effectual coming from the wings. he is better playing from the center, roving thru the wings

chamkah will always look for a pass u know he is not deadly enuff
u are forgetting the saves thar woj made were crucial and saved us a hiding, ditto nanis impulse shot from squi's header(he slipped) and wazzas missed pen
the slippery pitch affected both teams.
As at second half there were 53 misplaced passes (33 by us and 20 by them) so AW has no excuse

On AA he still did better than Nasri/Rosicky to me as he played the flanks well and came thru the center at times. his follow up shot was just weak

Until we have a solid CB, this team can not win the league
i am ok with 2nd/3rd abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2010
And suddenly the noise on the thread of lamentations ceases. . .
Thank goodness for 90 minutes. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 11:12am On Dec 14, 2010
Well now that the gegemu haff enter the gbamugbamu, evrybody haff come and do like them sef. Manure haff do like manure, Arsenal haff do like Arsenal. Arsha haff to like russian, ferdinand haff do like jackiechan and Webb haff do like Gorimapa. And scummie haff get 2 point lead.

It is all well and good, we are still in the Racecourse waiting for BRT.

@A-40 thank God say you no be teacher oh. Walahi nobodi can fit to pass ur course.

Alrite I wee cash ya'll larers. Take cares.

*whistling no be mistake, take it by fate, makan makan loye nkan, Gunners dey wait. . . . .*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by codedguy1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
StarBoard:

And suddenly the noise on the thread of lamentations ceases. . .
Thank goodness for 90 minutes. . .

Hope they have not all congregated somewhere in the emirates to re-live a "Guyana tragedy" epic grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
Why this place be like burial ground?

Thank you Manure, But I know before this weekend they would come back with shouts of Arsenal is better than barcelona, Diaby is the best drimbler in Yurope, Vela is Lionel Menses etc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
Seriously,this thread shoulda been locked up for the abuse of fundamental human right of freedom of speech.
How anyone in his right mind can compare Vela to Messi (even while jack.ing off) is beyond me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
slimshay:

Well now that the gegemu haff enter the gbamugbamu, evrybody haff come and do like them sef. Manure haff do like manure, Arsenal haff do like Arsenal. Arsha haff to like russian, ferdinand haff do like jackiechan and Webb haff do like Gorimapa. And scummie haff get 2 point lead.
I knew an Arsenal fan would get the ref into it.
But how did Alex Song end up with just one yellow card after a match of kicking legs instead of the ball?
And Arsene "blame it on the rain"Wenger will come out and be biyatching about Stoke and Blackburn being physical with his side.
Hypocrite.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^
You no dey shame. Everybody know say na ur house be dis. 2 a.m,dayokanu is on this thread. 4.20 am,dayo is here. Your addiction is pathetic. And talkin of a cemetary,is that not synonym for the bayern munshit thread that you founded?
With your sky-high IQ,you couldnt breath any life into the munshit thread. Now you come here donkey-wailing like its our fault.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chrisical(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Agree with most of this especially the highlighted ones.

I do not totally agree with the assertion that Chelsea picked up their first 15 points because they had easy fixtures.Chelsea were simply imperious and did their job effectively.NO TEAM is easy.The same West brom that Chelsea walloped 6-0 at the start of the season took points off Man.utd at OLD TRAFFORD.Chelsea thumped Blackpool 4-0 but Holloway's team upset Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield.This will go down in history as the most competitive title race in EPL.The drama has just begun.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^
On point. The competition is very tight this term. Better players around.You play against a player like Carrol,VdVaart and you know anything can happen
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by AjanleKoko: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
I'm beginning to seriously doubt Wenger's abilities as a top flight coach.
What does he have to do to get some senior level soccer out of these guys? Even Aston Villa gave a better account against Man United.
All I saw was downright sloppy defending (of course Man Utd's sloppy forwards also could not punish), misplaced passes, and total cluelessness in the final third. Zero effectiveness on the side of the gunners.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by allboyz(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
MC29 wit all due respect. . .he needs to sit down and maybe play the last 15mins of all our games within now and after nu year. . .let RVP start and possibly B52. . .im not comparing MC29 wiv B52 oo. . .but me seem B52 has got some EPL experince in games and shud be starting. . .he showed glances in the city game and also against N.C.

let MC 29 rest and see wot he's failing to do!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I'm beginning to seriously doubt Wenger's abilities as a top flight coach.
What does he have to do to get some senior level soccer out of these guys? Even Aston Villa gave a better account against Man United.
All I saw was downright sloppy defending (of course Man Utd's sloppy forwards also could not punish), misplaced passes, and total cluelessness in the final third. Zero effectiveness on the side of the gunners.

You are just beginning? Where have you been for the past 30yrs when the yeye coach has been huffing and puffing unable to win a single European trophy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by kenkruse: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
Can dayokanu and co leave us alone to have a family meeting,
I thought they should know this. embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
slimshay:

It is all well and good, we are still in the Racecourse waiting for BRT.

@A-40 thank God say you no be teacher oh. Walahi nobodi can fit to pass your course.

Alrite I wee cash ya'll larers. Take cares.

*whistling no be mistake, take it by fate, makan makan loye nkan, Gunners dey wait. . . . .*
Baba na me you dey wine you be Mario Winans??

allboyz:

MC29 wit all due respect. . .he needs to sit down and maybe play the last 15mins of all our games within now and after nu year. . .let RVP start and possibly B52. . .im not comparing MC29 wiv B52 oo. . .but me seem B52 has got some EPL experince in games and shud be starting. . .he showed glances in the city game and also against N.C.

let MC 29 rest and see wot he's failing to do!!
Chamakh is suffering a burn-out! He has run out of juice and Wenger just keeps playing him and making him look bad! I wasnt expecting much from Chamakh from the get go so i dont know why Wenger insists on making Arsenal revolve around a striker who is only slightly above average
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
lets not blame anyone abeg. i think we playd against d league's best defense. nothing spoil abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
The truth is, our biggest players didn't turn up for this game and the rest were average bar Szceszny who was superb.

Like I said before kick off, the game could go either way, and it took a moment of freakish coincidence for a goal to come - a cross partly intercepted, falling behind a player who managed to stretch himself to head the ball, scoring a kind of goal he will likely never score again.

I won't go into countering some of the ridiculous 'match ratings' I've seen here, because that would be pointless - the fact is, we lost the game. I could go on to describe the average players for Utd as well, but to what purpose? They won.

There will inevitably be knee jerk reactions and gloom and doom, but is that the reality? I think not.

Similarly there will be those making the mentally easy but inaccurate conclusion that this is simply a case of we 'can't beat the top team'. That conclusion is not an accurate reflection of the proceedings.

What is certain is that we still remain in a very good position overall and I would say that even Utd would've accepted to be 2 points behind the leaders going into the Christmas fixtures in December.

It's easy to 'give up' and castigate all your players, instead I remain firmly behind them 100%, taking the sublime with the sub-par.

All I want now is three points against Stoke to return to the top of the league, even if for just a day - win the next game and take it from there.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by A40(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

lets not blame anyone abeg. i think we playd against d league's best defense. nothing spoil abeg
Everything spoil! And going by our recent form i would be lying if i said i was suprised by the loss. What suprised me was Utd's wastefulness and even at that we where thoroughly dominated! The scoreline flattered us cos a more ruthless attack woulda scored more

@Debosky
Who is not behind the team? Gba gbe jor! I would not be up at 4 am doing match ratings if i was not a fan! Everyone is subject to his or her own opinion but only someone high on expired alomo would even argue about how pitiful we looked yesterday. We where dominated thoroughly! They had more possession,we commited more fouls and all through 90 mins we only tested Van Der Sar once we where even lucky to escape a sure-fire penalty in the first half when Chamakh clearly handled a Nani cross. Infact it was one of those games where even the ref couldnt be held culpable this time. We all hope to win the next game but to sit here and say that team was not mediocre last night just shows how badly standards have fallen at Arsenal! Its the 10th loss on the bounce and this one is as crushing as all of em! And yes we cant beat the top team abi what says that louder than a ten game losing streak against Man U and Chelsea! It might be 11 if we dont find a way to JF.Kill Drogba
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2010
A-40:

@Debosky
Who is not behind the team? Gba gbe jor! I would not be up at 4 am doing match ratings if i was not a fan!

Dude I wasn't talking about you. Some so called fans have said they'd prefer to go the next 5 years without winning, as long as it's another manager not AW - does that sound reasonable?

Everyone is subject to his or her own opinion but only someone high on expired alomo would even argue about how pitiful we looked yesterday.
We where dominated thoroughly!

Dominated? I think not - the issue is that we didn't create enough chances, but even the most optimistic Utd fan wouldn't say they dominated, especially in the second half.

They had more possession,we commited more fouls and all through 90 mins we only tested Van Der Sar once we where even lucky to escape a sure-fire penalty in the first half when Chamakh clearly handled a Nani cross. Infact it was one of those games where even the ref couldnt be held culpable this time.

All the above are true, but even when we were at our 'best' in previous years United have beaten us, so what is the real issue here? Note I'm not saying that we should just accept the defeat, but losing to your great rival is not an odd occurrence.

We all hope to win the next game but to sit here and say that team was not mediocre last night just shows how badly standards have fallen at Arsenal!

Slow your roll - even the most ardent Utd fan will say their team was mediocre as well last night. It wasn't a good game overall, but they just shaded it.

Its the 10th loss on the bounce and this one is as crushing as all of em!

This is a near meaningless statistic to me, only good for 'bragging' - while I don't like losing to Utd, the near 'obsession' with the game is unrealistic. It is three points just like the rest.

And yes we cant beat the top team abi what says that louder than a ten game losing streak against Man U and Chelsea! It might be 11 if we dont find a way to JF.Kill Drogba

You're listening to too much hype and punditry. The issue THIS season is not with beating 'big' teams, but with beating the smaller ones - we've dropped just as many against just promoted teams, at home no less.

This 'streak' obsession is an unfortunate output of not winning the league in a while - many of y'all now look at beating the 'top teams' as your season high points instead of looking at winning the league/trophies.

It's a wrong perspective in my opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
and 24 hrs later, hnic is yet to be found. the police are still looking for him. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Strictly Chelsea Talk:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.