Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos (38527 Views)

15 Miscreants To Spend 3 Months In Jail For Obstructing Lagos Pedestrian Bridges / Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video) / Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by ijustdey: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
A 43-year-old truck driver, Abubakar Musa,appeared in a Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ikeja, Lagos, for allegedly driving recklessly and swerving into the motorcade of the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Musa, who resides in Oshodi, Lagos, is charge with reckless driving and obstruction on public road.

The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Samuel Mishozumu, alleged that the defendant drove his truck with registration number LND 976 XF in a reckless manner on the public highway and obstructed the convoy of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo.

“The defendant, who refused to adhere to the signals, drove the truck into the convoy, dividing it into two, despite efforts made by the convoy officers to clear the road,” he said.

Mishozumu told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Jan. 19 at about 10. 15 p.m. on the Oshodi Apapa Expressway, Oshodi, Lagos.

The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 19(1) and 45 of the Road Traffic Laws of Lagos State.

Chief Magistrate O. D. Njoku admitted the defendant to bail in the N50,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Njoku ordered that the sureties must be gainfully employed.

He adjourned the case until Feb. 19 for trial.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/truck-driver-in-court-for-dangerous-driving-swerving-into-osinbajos-motorcade.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by fukushaki(m): 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Simplyleo: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
Very wrong of the truck driver.

You don't break into the convoy of VIPs

Anyway, the vp is kind and fatherly, pretty sure he will be pardoned.

That is one unique thing about the yoruba nation, once you apologise with a sense of remorse for your wrongdoing, you will be forgiven.

Quite different from some homeless jewish swines scattered all over the world in search of economic refuge. cool

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Citytrend: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Oga VP please Free the Poor man if found innocent.
That might have been a technical error. Unless proven otherwise

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Caveman1707: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin
Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Bonapart(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Lol. Mistake of a government

Never again

8 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Ivimilly: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Who do Osinbajo this kind thing E come be like say Governors and senators get level pass the guy not saying Yoruba is a cowardice race but this kind thing no fit happen to some kind tribe imagine having a security meeting without VP being involved if na me Aso rock for scatter that day. Unless them tell me say na just ceremonial title dem give me then I go respect myself dey tour the world embezzled money whenever the chance presents itself I won't even stress myself with Trader money na only during campaign I go fall out back
Nonsense... angry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Discombulator: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Bad market for the driver and the truck owner

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by meum: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin
Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Mallamsaka(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by DrSleekQas(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
He’s lucky to even be sued, on a normal day na brain formatting him for chop

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Ayoswit(f): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
E don buy market be dat undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Generalkorex(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by chiemmanuel(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
You don hit my car, gbese repete.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by mytime24(f): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Something d common man see everyday

2 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by madridguy(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
When they need our vote, they sees us as their friend, brother and father. Immediately they have power, we are threat to them and their family.

May God bless common man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
Oga VP please Free the Poor man is found innocent. People are already suffering from somuch in your Government your Excellency sir.

i am sure it is not the VP that ordered him charged to court, likely some overzealous power drunk DSS or police attache. The VP probably does not know anything about it.

9 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by 1mrprolific7(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
If you wake up to log in to NL to learn about the bad news about the country or for tribal masochism, and spend the next 1 hour on facebook or twitter looking at the latest news or trends, then spend another 1 hour on whatsapp looking at peoples' status and personal lifestyle, then spend the evenings to go watch how Chelsea should win or how Barcelona should fail...then keep logging off and on NL to see how many likes or mentions you have had...

then I put it to you that if you continue this trend for the next 2-3 years, especially if you are a youth that has a bright future ahead, the likelihood that you'll end up as a failure in life is high.

If you put all the minutes you spend on unproductive things online, it's enough to find a bearing for your life and loved ones even in the midst of the hardship all around. Hope you read this ,rotten meat seller ;

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by osamz007: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Dem for mend am first
Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by JubrinElSudan: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Who knows , the event might not have happened the way it was narrated up here

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by MrBONE2(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Then Trucks with drivers driving then in Lagos should be Ban grin

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please I beg all of you, don't quote the idiot and bigot ranting in this thread. Simply ignore his crave for attention.

7 Likes

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Cyoung4real(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

That is one unique thing about the yoruba nation, once you apologise with a sense of remorse for your wrongdoing, you will be forgiven.

Quite different from some homeless jewish swines scattered all over the world in search of economic refuge. cool

what you just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought zoneb.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Germi9: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
Oga VP please Free the Poor man is found innocent. People are already suffering from somuch in your Government your Excellency sir.

For what? We citizens..our own lawlessness Is too much...what if he'd ran through people? They should remand his reckless sense in prison

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by oaugraduate1234(m): 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
That's wrong of the driver
Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

Minister of HATE and SPITE affairs, I sight you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos by femtex007(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
All those wicked truck drivers. I don't know the spirit that normally enter them when they see small vehicles. God catch am.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Governor Tambuwal Celebrates Victory With Family And Friends At Government House / Peter Obi Supporters Mount Billboard To Felicitate With Ọọni On Ọọlọjọ Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.