Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy (1659 Views)

Teenage Boy Impregnates Young Lady, Forced To Marry Her. Photos / Grandma Rocks A Teenage Boy At A Party / Slay Queen Ignored Man Wooing Her, But When She Saw His Flashy Car, She Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Derek Mackay resigns on day he was meant to deliver budget after being caught sending boy, 16, inappropriate messages.

Scotland's finance minister has resigned, hours before he was due to deliver his annual budget, after he reportedly sent hundreds of messages to a 16-year-old boy on social media.

Derek Mackay quit on Thursday, saying he had "behaved foolishly".

The Scottish Sun newspaper reported that 42-year-old Mackay sent the teen more than 270 messages on Facebook and Instagram, telling the boy he was "cute" and offering to take him to a rugby match and for dinner.

The newspaper said Mackay continued to "pester" the teen with messages, even after discovering his age.

Mackay is not accused of breaking the law.

"Serving in government has been a huge privilege and I am sorry to have let colleagues and supporters down," Mackay said in a statement.

Mackay was a rising star in the Scottish National Party (SNP), which runs Scotland's semi-autonomous Edinburgh-based administration.

He had been seen as a potential successor to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon as leader of the SNP, which advocates independence from the United Kingdom for the nation of 5.5 million.

The scandal comes as former SNP leader Alex Salmond, who is accused of sexually assaulting women - including at least one attempted rape, prepares for trial on March 9.

Salmond quit the SNP in August 2018 during his attempt to clear his name.
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/scotland-finance-minister-quits-pestering-teenage-boy-200206102651044.html

Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by chatinent: 11:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
ยค This world is un poco loco.
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Faponmile(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
I don't get it. Why would I risk a career on rollercoaster for a bit of fun? And not even for a delectable broad. Well, I hear some of these gay people are wired that way by their DNA. Pity.
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Sensini123(m): 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is where people are really honest unlike this part of world where politicians acting with impunity.
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Officialgarri: 12:00am On Feb 08, 2020
Can someone please tell me what's wrong in the messages he sent the boy
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Timidangote(m): 12:41am On Feb 08, 2020
Sincerity is the difference between the leaders of a growing nation and a God forsaken nation
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by AfroKnight: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2020
What on earth could be worse than a predator? A gay predator hounding a teenage boy. Disgusting.
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by madone: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2020
if it's Nigeria now some people that God will still punish will turn it to tribal or religious matter.
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2020
Re: Scotland's Finance Minister Resigns After He Was Caught 'Wooing' Teenage Boy by Palehair: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
Faponmile:
I don't get it. Why would I risk a career on rollercoaster for a bit of fun? And not even for a delectable broad. Well, I hear some of these gay people are wired that way by their DNA. Pity.
Ummmm.... I'm sorry, if I get you right.... Are you saying all gay people are pedophiles?

(1) (Reply)

Birthday: Medikal Drops Sexy Bikini Photo Of Fella Makafui Showing Her Big Booty / I Prefer Dogs To Women!! Dogs Deserve Me More Than Any Girl Ever Will! - Redpill / Nigerian Mother Caught Daughter Making Out With A Man In Their Compound (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.