Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government (26797 Views)

Photos From Rachel Bakam's Burial / Rachel Bakam Candle Night In Abuja: Committee Of Friends Converge / Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by AlexReports(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2020
AMB RACHEL BAKAM; FACE OF JAPANESE EMBASSY'S CSR IS WARMLY RECEIVED BY MOFA IN JAPAN HOSTED BY THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT

The month of January has been glorious for the Globetrotter and multiple award winning Television producer & Presenter of Television Programme Rachel the PIPER, Peace, tourism and anti human trafficking Ambassador. Rachel is also the face of the Japanese Embassy's CSR Documentary in Nigeria. It is in this light that the Embassy arranged for her to visit Japan as media influencer to showcase Japan to Africa.

Amb Rachel Bakam was warmly hosted by Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and she arrived Japan in Style bearing with her the Nigerian Flag and some traditional Nigerian Souvenirs like Royal beads and hausa hat for the Japanese people. Kindly find next some of her Instagram posts on this trip:

Hi. Konnichuwa. It's day 1 in Tokyo Japan. All set for my brief at the Ministry of foreign affairs. Flying the Nigerian flag proudly and rocking a Nigerian ensemble made by @hussaini_john__
Do you know that the Japanese Government carry out alot of development assistance in Nigeria? Eg Building a foundation for high quality economic growth, improvement of inclusive and robust health and medical systems and promotion of peace and stability including reconstruction assistance in the North (East) region?
Long live the bi-lateral relationship between Japan and Nigeria

My skin shines all thanks to @joyceherbalproducts @joyce.skin.care

Just had a great meeting with a Japanese Actor Izumi Sohji. Watch out for our Japanese-Nigerian project coming soon. I presented the Nigeria Royal bead to him to remind him of his new affiliation with Nigeria

Lovely dinner with some executive of Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can see that I transformed Mr Naoki Takahashi, Director- First African Division--African affairs department into a Hausa man from Nigeria. Great dinner with Nigeria's Minister in Japan Ahmed Sulu-Gambari and Miss Hirose Nami---Assistant Director. Learnt so much about the Japanese people today. You will need to watch my programme Rachel the PIPER to discover what I learnt. A distinct trait that makes Nigerians and Japanese similar yet unsimilar. What is that Picture also with my able guide/interpreter on this trip Chieko Akiyama. Also picture with Kato Ryuichi Director General Africa Department JICA. Do you know JICA means Japan International Corporation Agency and they work actively with various Governments around the World including Nigeria to enact great development projects?
Arigato (Thank You) to the Japanese Government for their great acts of kindness I rocked a gorgeous Keto Couture Ensemble absolutely made in Nigeria. Long live Japanese-Nigeria bi-lateral relationship

Awwwww they had a gift for me.and hear what they had to say about the Japanese people. Was so nice to meet the great Nigerian Abe Initiative students sponsored by the Japanese Government initiated by the Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe to empower Nigerians and create more business opportunities between Japan and Nigeria. From there, was hosted warmly in my 'home' in Japan by the Minister at the Ahmed Sulu-Gambari @ahmedsulugambari atb the Embassy of Nigeria in Japan. My skin shines all thanks to @joyceherbalproducts @joyce.skin.care. I rocked a gorgeous @justwancouture Kimono

Also had Japanese Sushi today in a Sushi restaurant��������

Amb Rachel Bakam was treated to the best of Japan during her visit. She also visited her home in Japan the Nigerian Embassy in Tokyo. She was hosted warmly by the Minister Ahmed Sulu-Gambari @ahmedsulugambari at the Embassy of Nigeria in Japan. On Day 3, she had this to say: " Japanese people are lovely. Atmosphere is serene. They love and prefer Peace and Progress. First stop today was at Kaneka. The makers of hair extensions. Huge market in Africa for this."

"We Also visited Asakusa Town....Went to the oldest temple in Tokyo ancient Sensoji Temple that was established 1300 years ago. What a magnificent piece of history. Japan's history and tradition is unprecedented

We also visited the square where sumo wrestling takes place but we couldn't get a ticket due to the fact that you need to book months before ahead of time. I grew up watching them in James bond films

We also got on Tokyo's Sky Tree which is up to 634 meters high and is the tallest Radio Transmitter in the World. We got a great view of the City of Tokyo

We also visited Edo-Tokyo Museum for a taste of good history
Also saw the first ever made Japanese car
Wow what a lovely day? Long live Japanese-Nigerian bilateral relationship."

On day 4 we visited the Team Lab Borderless a digital museum and it was an exquisite experience. We ended the day with some JICA Candidates from around Africa in a tour at Nissan Factory. Was nice to meet my Co-Africans. JICA-Japan International Cooperation Agency is contributing alot in the development of Africa. The tour at Nissan was really educative.

On day 5, we visited the Imperial Palace where the Emperor lives. It was changed to the Imperial Palace in 1868. It was formerly the Edo Castle found by the Shogun (military leader) in 1603 to 1867

We also travelled to the former capital of Japan Kyoto which is still an embodiment of Japan's tradition and culture. There we got to meet the Samurai, Ninjas and I got to wear a kimono
We use the Shinkan-Sen (bullet train) train which started in 1964 (that happens to be the year Tokyo Olympics was held) at the Tokyo train station that was built since 1914 and transports up to 500,000 people daily and has the fastest trains in the World with a maximum speed of 300km per hour. We went from Tokyo to Kyoto in 2hours 15 minutes so the distance is 500km. Japan is a truly a beautiful place with great people

I also deeply appreciate my Japanese interpreter Akiyama San for being such an excellent companion and guide

We arrived Kyoto. Kyoto is the former capital of Japan. It was capital from 794 to 1867 (about 1100 years). 55 million tourists visit Kyoto every year even though it's population is only 1.4 million. It has 1600 Buddhist temples, 300 Shinto Shrines out of which 17 temples & Shrines are designated as UNESCO World Heritage sites. This City is also known for the Kyoto Protocol of 1997 which was the world Convention on Climate change by the United Nations. Kyoto is an important city where the first major agreement was signed in 1997 by the World to address Climate Change. The Kyoto Protocol as it's referred to has been the baseline upon which all subsequent improvements and protocols including the Paris accord are built upon. So it has contributed immensely to the drive to reduce the effect of gas emissions that depletes the ozone layer which hastens the adverse effects of climate change. So Kyoto is very conscious of the environment. With so many tourists visiting the City, the tendency for it to be dirty is the case but Kyoto does all it can to keep clean. Kyoto is not just a heritage city but they are always looking for something new. They are very inventive people.Nintendo is based in Kyoto. There are many Nobel Laureates from the National Kyoto University, one of the prestigious University in Japan. So even though it's an ancient City, the spirit of the people is inventive. Kyoto was also the town of the Emperor and Aristrocat which means Alot of Noble people lived there, so the people are conscious of looking good. That means embroidery, fabrics and dyeing industries flourished there

First we visited the Kinkakuji temple. Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto is also known as the Golden Pavilion. It was built in 1397 as Shogun's villa. It was rebuilt in 1955 after being burnt by fire. The latest renovation was in 1987. It was built by Shogun (of Ashikaga family). It is registered as Unesco's World Heritage site. For the Golden Pavilion, they used 200 thousand gold leaves weighing 20kg

Really enjoyed the transformation into a Japanese lady in Kimono and learning the art of Japanese flower arrangement and tea ceremony. We Also visited many shrines in Kyoto

The next day, we visited the Kyoto Studio park where I met the Ninjas and Samurai. Got them to fly the Nigerian flag and wish Nigeria well on camera. We also saw them in action. I also got to get trained in Ninja fighting with swords. It was sooooooo thrilling. Great to see what we see only in movies live and great to be a ninja/samurai for just one day and I won cos I killed the Villain

What is Japan without Technology and Robots so we visited Mirai-Kan (Future Science Museum). This Museum is for future science on Earth & Human life. We enjoyed performances from a special robot Asimo and human android. Asimo even sang us a song. The human android even interacted with me and greeted Nigeria. We also visited one of the biggest Television station in Japan Fuji Television where i got to enjoy a lovely view of Tokyo. We ended the day at Harajuku Town; a Teenagers favorite town of cute & pretty shops of clothes and sweets. It is Tourists favourite town also. Went for my last minute shopping in Japan there

In all I would say that Japan is a beautiful Country with some ancient traditions side by side the newest technology so it's a blend of the old and new. Great lovely people, wonderful good food. Fantastic weather. Beautiful places to visit. You should visit Japan.
I appreciate Ace Filmmaker Bem Pever @bempever for introducing me to the Japanese Embassy as the Face of their CSR Documentary. I am grateful to Japan's Government and it's Ministry of Foreign Affairs for sponsoring me on this trip giving me the best VIP treatment possible. I appreciate the Japanese Embassy in Nigeria for selecting me for this trip. I also appreciate my interpreter and companion Akiyama San for being the best. I am grateful to the best Chauffeurs possible Mr Hukuzaki and Mr Hayashi for all the hospitality. Thaaaanks too to the Nigerian Embassy in Japan especially Minister Ahmed Sulu Gambari @ahmedsulugambari for making me feel at home. I appreciate all the organizations eg JICA who hosted and received me warmly. I am also grateful to Akin a new friend who extended his warm hand also
In all, I say a BIG ARIGATO
Long live the bilateral relationship between Japan and Nigeria

When i came back, I visited the Japanese Embassy in Nigeria to appreciate the Ambassador and Staff for selecting me for such a great trip. Arigato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Au1tGrCxiY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by AlexReports(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
Continue

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by AlexReports(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
See

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Dbiz1111(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
cheesy
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Evilgenuis: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
I don't like her sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by RPirez: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
She sef look like one of dem... They must have mistaken her for Japanese... she come bleach on top am.. grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by RPirez: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Evilgenuis:
I don't like her sad sad sad sad

She prolly doesn't know abt ur existence sef. Why waste ur hatred on top am when Boko-Haram and co. dey there? undecided

36 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Shatakwas: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
hmmmmm
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
The Write-up is too long, Na research paper! shocked

9 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Ladycewhy(f): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
Japan , the one country I respect so much.

8 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by NwaAmaikpe: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
shocked

She looks like what was kicked out of a Shaolin temple.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by FengChui(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
Them wan use style give am Corona virus to carry come Africa. But she no wan use her head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Pidginwhisper: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
Shey na only me no read or we plenty?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by ffo(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
Who understand the title or the post
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Mopolchi: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
Write up too long. I couldn't read it. Those who are like me should like my post.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by wavylevel: 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Who is this one?
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Onlinealaba(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Japanese have a very solid culture..nice one
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Shattuck(m): 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
dem no carry alexrepport follow body if to say him follow picture for full everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by careytommy37(m): 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
See WAEC essay angry

Anyway, Rachel Bakam is my future sugar mummy cool
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by darfay: 8:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
R
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by welturebotanical: 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Who read the essay up there?
Please I need a summary
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Bullpenn11: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hype Hype Hype.

Nigerians just dey bastardize everything . See as she come dey attach title of Ambassador to her name. Such can never happen abroad. She is not a diplomatic corps member and so not qualified to use dat title.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by YorubaKinging: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
War war war
War to end all wars
I'm sorry
I'm not a war monger but I'm preparing your brain to receive what it can't dare to think bout

Cos many distractions surrounds you,
Your favorite musician
Football clubs
Davido and chioma

But these people won't be able to help you cos they won't help themselves in the day they will fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Houseofglam7(f): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
undecided
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Thirteenblood: 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
Wow
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by spafu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
Nice Rachel[i][/i]
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by kaycee125: 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
Beautiful milf

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Roon9(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hmm....nice

call for our 380wh lithium-ion generator that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily.
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by Chuks9000: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
ffo:
Who understand the title or the post
This days, aboki sef fit perform surgery on you if you allow am.
No training these days. Availability of internet does not mean that you can do whatever you wish without training.
Re: Rachel Bakam Covers Japan Documentary, Received By Government by laivwire(m): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
Look at those geishas smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'IK Ogbonna Bought His Wife Fake Birthday Gifts' - Dencia's Affiliate / Biodun Okeowo To Build Water Source, Feed People In Late Mum’s Honour (video) / Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.