Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigerian Academia In Diaspora - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (30563 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Musiwa13: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2010
strangef= osewa   ,  with 505937 Topics ,
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by oyinda3(f): 7:25am On Dec 15, 2010
becomerich, plz stop spamming this topic. people aren't discussing wealth and money here.
Go to the celebrities and business section for that.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Musiwa13: 7:30am On Dec 15, 2010
you ,where did you go. i said i will die a billionaire. i know so. I have live in this part of the world for a long time , to know technology is what drive the economy. google would tell you. how many pages thier adsense is, so seun find out. how many your is.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by oyinda3(f): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2010
you are very funny. Anyways, remember me when you become a billionaire.

-----
@topic,

Victoria C. Ukachukwu, PhD
Rutgers University – New Brunswick :

* Chemistry Professor
    * Vice Dean of University College
    * Director Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Program

University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia :

* Director, Postbac Prehealth and Special Sciences Program

Publications:

* Organic Chemistry Digest (Simon & Schuster, 1995)
    * 20 Success Tips That Will Help You Chart Your Path to a Medical Career (eBook, 2010)
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by strangerf: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2010
oyinda.:

you are very funny. Anyways, remember me when you become a billionaire.

-----
@topic,

Victoria C. Ukachukwu, PhD
Rutgers University – New Brunswick :

* Chemistry Professor
    * Vice Dean of University College
    * Director Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Program

University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia :

* Director, Postbac Prehealth and Special Sciences Program

Publications:

* Organic Chemistry Digest (Simon & Schuster, 1995)
    * 20 Success Tips That Will Help You Chart Your Path to a Medical Career (eBook, 2010)

Victoria does nothing more than push papers

Though she is currently helping my brother get into medschool

I would not post her resume here; not accomplished enough

She is just an administrator in Newbrunswick, was there today actually

RU for life.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by beejaei: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2010
Anyone in control systems and robotics? I need a mentor.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 7:55am On Dec 15, 2010
strangerf:

Okkikiolu is not a Nigerian

BTW, she is ding donging a white fella

I would not call her Nigerian.

LOL, is she fine, if she is well thats bad but if she's fugly, good riddance hehe
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by strangerf: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, is she fine, if she is well thats bad but if she's fugly, good riddance hehe

Average I would say

No dress sense whatsoever; again, what do you expect from a nerd.

Anyway, smart as she is, wouldnt call her a Nigerian.

Her father however, is the most published Black mathematician ever. Over 150 papers! Brain cell too much!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2010
eeeeew mammy water  grin gringrin

Thats how professors dress. If you see one hot girl professor it would be shocking sha

Kai I have met some professors who have been working in the same university for 30 years.
And they seem not to have their bath lol.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsQED(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2010
strangerf:

Okkikiolu is not a Nigerian

BTW, she is ding donging a white fella

I would not call her Nigerian.

I know she is not Nigerian. I even highlighted the fact that she was only "half Nigerian" (half Yoruba actually, I didn't write that article). However I felt compelled to include her because she was a black woman.

And as for "ding donging a white fella"? So what? What's the issue there? Did her father not "ding dong" a white woman?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsQED(m): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2010
And Larry Summers can choke on a cli.t   That guy is a nuisance. The same guy saying first world countries should dump their pollution in Africa and you're quoting him? Anyways, more on Summers:

AMY GOODMAN: The role of music in your life was part of perhaps why you ended up leaving Harvard, not as a student, but you were at Princeton, then you moved to Harvard to be with Skip Gates and a number of other professors in the African American Studies Department. You were also in Religion. Can you tell us what happened in your encounter—you write about it in your memoir—in your encounter with the president, Larry Summers, who plays a key role in the economic meltdown today?
CORNEL WEST: Oh, I know. No, indeed. But no, Brother Larry Summers, I think, he had a long history of arrogance and relative ignorance about poor people’s culture and working people’s culture and so forth. You know, he’s made remarks about putting pollution in Africa, because they suffer from overpopulation. Allegedly already deeply insensitive and so on.
When he arrived at Harvard, he met with every department other than Afro-American Studies. And so, Skip, my dear brother Skip Gates, knew something was wrong, so Skip Gates had already written a three-page single-spaced letter to Larry Summers when Larry Summers requested to meet with me, because he figured that Summers had something to say to me. And I said, “Why do you have to write that to the president?” I’d never met him before. But Neil Rudenstine, who was magnificent, who had been president, we had no problems with.
And as soon as I walked into the office, he starts using profanity about Harvey Mansfield. I said, “No, Harvey Mansfield is conservative, sometimes reactionary, but he’s my dear brother.” We had just had debates at Harvard. Twelve hundred people showed up. He was against affirmative action; I was for it. That was fine. Harvey Mansfield and I go off and have a drink after, because we have a respect, but deep, deep philosophical and ideological disagreement. He was using profanity, so I had to defend Harvey Mansfield.
AMY GOODMAN: Wait, so you’re saying Lawrence Summers was using profanity?
CORNEL WEST: Larry Summers using profanity about, you know, “help me ‘F’ so and so up.” No, I don’t function like that. Maybe he thought that just as a black man, I like to use profanity. I’m not a puritan. I don’t use it myself. I have partners who do. But I don’t like people who feel comfortable using it without my permission and not knowing me, you see what I mean? And then from there, it went on and on. “Well, you supported Bill Bradley, didn’t attend classes.” Not true. “Well, you’re deeply into hip-hop, and it’s an embarrassment.”
AMY GOODMAN: Wait, saying that you supported Bill Bradley as president, for presidential candidate?
CORNEL WEST: Exactly, which I had.
AMY GOODMAN: Yeah.
CORNEL WEST: He was my dear brother. But I didn’t miss a class, and anybody knows that, flying back and forth, Iowa, New Hampshire and so on, and ended here in New York for my dear brother Bill Bradley. But talking about the hip-hop, “it’s an embarrassment.” I said, “Embarrassment to who?”
AMY GOODMAN: Wait a second.
CORNEL WEST: What kind of hip-hop?
AMY GOODMAN: Larry Summers talking about you and your hip-hop CD?
CORNEL WEST: Right, exactly.
AMY GOODMAN: That it’s an embarrassment.
CORNEL WEST: Exactly. “I don’t want you to have anything to do with the hip-hop.” Well, no, I’m a free black man. I do what I want to do. I could do ballet, I could do Baroque. I can work with Chuck D, I can work with Talib Kweli. I can work with KRS-One or Rah Digga. You see what I mean? But I had to tell him that.
He has a Harvard, I have a Harvard. I was as much Harvard as he was. Harvard has a vicious anti-Jewish tradition, vicious anti-black, vicious anti-woman, and homophobic, too. I said, but Harvard also has critiques of anti-Semitism, critiques of white supremacy.
AMY GOODMAN: And, of course, Larry Summers was in the midst of a anti-woman debate that had to do with women’s role in math and science.
CORNEL WEST: Well, that came a little after. You see, that came right after my encounter, you see. So he continually got in trouble and got in trouble. And I say this not to really just bash the brother. But that kind of arrogance and ignorance is dangerous in public places.
That’s why I was so surprised when Barack Obama chose him to be the national economic adviser. I said, here’s somebody who has no history whatsoever of sensitivity to poor people or working people, who had been supporting deregulation for a long time as a Clintonite, in the Clinton administration. What is going on here? Or has Obama already become so comfortable with the establishment that you had to have an economist who was legitimate to the establishment in order for him to get his regime off the ground? OK. I mean, if that’s the kind of argument you have, then put it forward. But don’t tell me you’re a progressive, then, and generate that kind of support or major advisers speaking to you—speaking to you every day. Now, if he had Paul Krugman or Joseph Stiglitz or Sylvia Ann Hewitt, I’d say, “Hey, you got something going here. I think we’ve got a chance for some progressive policy that actually focuses on poor and working people.”
But I do forgive Larry Summers for this reason: that I think we all ought to have joy in life, and you can only have joy when you overcome arrogance and open to your own ignorance, because you end up being smart and brainy, but suffering from spiritual malnutrition, emptiness of soul, you see.
AMY GOODMAN: But what happened after that meeting?
CORNEL WEST: What happened? I knew I had to go.
AMY GOODMAN: Why?
CORNEL WEST: Because I don’t—I draw a line in the sand.
AMY GOODMAN: Could you have stayed if you wanted to?
CORNEL WEST: No way. I don’t believe in any kind of disrespect or dishonoring in that way. The latter part of the meeting, he said he wanted to monitor my work, meet with me every two months to make sure he knew what I was writing, what I was doing. I said, “You must be losing your cotton-picking mind.” Here I am a university professor, twenty-two university professors out of 2,000, already published fifteen books.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by strangerf: 8:48am On Dec 15, 2010
West Oloshi!
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by anonimi: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2010
For our schools including universities to flourish again so we can take pride in academics and hard work rather than "I-better-pass-my-neighbour", it's time to:

Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsQED(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Theoretical chemists go into finance especially hedge funds. Remember, theoretical chemists focus on statistical mechanics and thermodynamics  and quantum theory just like theoretical physicists. They study the same concepts, they just apply it to different systems. Most of the skills sought after in quanitative finance (building of stochastic probability models and computational finance) are possessed by chemists, engineers and a lot of engineers (most engineers in academia are jack of all trades because engineering is a dying field, and most research grants are now on biotech or "bio-based projects.

Infact a lot of the theories in operational research was by a theoretical chemist, I cannot remember his name.

Oh. Well now I know, thanks for the info.

Remember quantitative finance involves a lot of computational work- who is more skilled in computational and building complex algorithms to model behavior more than theoretical chemists?

Applied mathematicians and some physicists (nuclear and plasma) are equally skilled, if not better.

I would also point out that lot of chemists go into finance though mostly at boutique investment banks. Its just not as highly publicized as physicists because they are far and few.

That would explain why I was oblivious to their contributions.

Its just different for Physics because there are not that many physics  industry jobs so if you dont get tenure track position in the US then your next bet is finance.

Yes, but a qualified physicist can easily get an engineering job. The pay wouldn't be as good as finance though.

Physics unlike chemistry or biology has very few applications in industry.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but I guess what you mean is that physics as it is taught for a degree- and not the subject matter itself- has few applications because the students go "too far" into theory and avoid much more of the subject matter relevant to current technology that engineering would cover.

Otherwise I would have to point out that lasers, semiconductor devices, nuclear magnetic resonance, giant magnetoresistance (find out what that has to with the very computer you're using grin), fiber optics, nanotechnology, solar power, and of course applications of solid state physics in general are some industry applications and also point out that applied physics is more or less the same or overlaps with engineering so there will also be those engineering applications.

Actually it does. I dont know about what happens at the graduate level but if you go to say any top undergraduate in the US, all you are going to hear about is Investment banking. Even if you have never heard the word before, you will learn all the vocabulary within a week. Its a sort of conformity, people in those schools are conforming to ideas that they should move into finance or consulting as opposed to academia. Most of the physicists at the undergraduate level end up working in finance instead of pursuing Physics PhDs, and these are intellectually curious people I bet.

I simply haven't encountered this. Maybe you have some firsthand experience that I don't though.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by ekubear1: 11:36am On Dec 15, 2010
[quote="PhysicsMHD"]
Everything you are saying makes sense from a practical point of view but the real problem is this:

Past a certain level of intelligence, or a certain level of intelligence & creativity, no intellectually minded person can give up something like scientific research for finance. To do so would mean the complete surrender of one's own inclinations, desires, dreams, aspirations, etc. to unrewarding conformity. Thus even if one were to do so- and I doubt that this often happens- one would enter one's new, more practical field with no passion or seriousness about the field.

Consequently people beyond a certain level of intelligence pursue their theoretical interests and end up, ironically, being less "useful" to Nigeria than most others that are less intelligent despite the fact that the research these people (physicists, mathematicians, research engineers, etc.) pursue might be more significant and useful to posterity and to the world than practical pursuits.
[/quote]
Not sure I completely agree. Certainly there are people who are only interested in scientific research. But most people like many things. Or stated more precisely, I gain X units of utility from doing research, Y from doing finance. If I also gain A dollars in salary from science and B from research, then depending on how I translate dollars into utility, I might decide to do finance, no matter how scientifically inclined I am.
You might be right that for certain types of people, dollars have very little value beyond some point, or that research gives them incomparable amounts of utility relative to something like finance. But for most human beings, this isn't true (even academics.)
I mean, DE Shaw is a pretty good counterexample. The Renaissance Technologies guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons) is another good counterexample.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by ekubear1: 11:40am On Dec 15, 2010
Me personally though, 2 or 3 years into my program, I realized that I'm only slightly above average relative to my peers. Since I'm not going to be able to get a job at an elite school (unless I postdoc for several years and come up with something amazing, in which case I might be able to snag a school ranked 10-15 or something. And 10-15 schools are certainly not elite), I figure I may as well just leave academia and try to maximize my salary instead.

I guess for me, I don't like research enough to be able to sacrifice in other respects for it.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
oyinda.:

becomerich, plz stop spamming this topic. people aren't discussing wealth and money here.
Go to the celebrities and business section for that.

Help us tell him o.

Why not say Obesere is also a Millionaire?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Dotman01(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2010
Short Bio
Dr. Akanmu G. Adebayo
Dr. Akanmu Adebayo is Professor of
History at Kennesaw State University.
He was also formerly Executive
Director of the Institute for Global
Initiatives (2003-2009); assistant
dean in the College of Humanities and
Social Sciences (2002-2003); and
assistant director in the Office of
International Programs (1995-1997).
Adebayo has held other administrative
positions, including serving as the
Chair of the University System of
Georgia’s Committee on International
Students and Scholars, a committee
charged with addressing issues facing
international students and scholars in
Georgia ’s 35 public universities and
colleges.
As Executive Director of the IGI, his
most recent administrative position,
Adebayo worked with KSU ’s
leadership to maintain and strengthen
the institution ’s international focus. He
coordinated, articulated and helped to
establish KSU ’s mission of international
education, research and public service.
He worked with faculty, staff and
students throughout the university
and fostered relationships with state,
national, and international agencies
concerned with promoting
international education. The IGI
directly operated or helped to
coordinate many study abroad
programs ranging in length from two
weeks to eight weeks during summer,
as well as semester-long programs. In
addition, the IGI managed KSU’s
faculty and staff exchanges and
coordinated relations with overseas
partner institutions. Finally, the IGI
coordinated regional studies and
provided leadership for component
centers, including Center for African
and African Diaspora Studies, Center
for Hispanic Studies, several Asian
Studies centers, and the Confucius
Institute. Adebayo brought to this
position such attributes as vision,
collaborative spirit, fundraising, and
diplomatic skills.
Despite his forays into university
administration, Professor Adebayo is,
first and foremost, a teacher and
scholar. His teaching and research
have spanned many decades and
continents. As full-time, part-time, or
visiting professor, Adebayo has taught
in Nigeria, Canada, Germany, and the
U.S. He was Senior Lecturer at Obafemi
Awolowo University (1980-1991),
Visiting Associate Professor at York
University, Toronto, Canada
(1991-1992), and Research Fellow at
the Center for Modern Oriental Studies,
Berlin, Germany (1994). As a member
of the faculty at Kennesaw State
University, Adebayo has made
significant contributions to program
development in the area of African
and international studies. He provided
leadership for the development of a
degree program in African and African
Diaspora Studies, and in the
establishment of the Center for African
and African Diaspora Studies. He has
received many awards for his
excellence in teaching and research,
including being finalist in the
Distinguished Scholarship Award in
1999, and the Tommy Holder Award
in 2009.
Dr. Adebayo received his education at
the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU,
formerly University of Ife), where he
earned his B.A. (First Class Hons.)
(1979), M.A. (1982), and Ph.D. (1986)
— all in History. His B.A. History long
essay is entitled A History of Iwo to
1960; his M.A. History thesis was on
Petroleum and Nigeria ’s Foreign Policy;
and he wrote his Ph.D. thesis on A
History of Revenue Allocation in
Nigeria. He specializes in African
economic history with emphasis on
production and distribution of wealth.
He has written on various aspects of
African economy. He is the author or
editor of many books, chapters in
books, and articles in learned journals.
He is author of Embattled Federalism: A
History of Revenue Allocation in
Nigeria (1993), co-author of Culture,
Politics and Money among the Yoruba
(2000), co-editor of Instructional
Technology Training for Basic
Education in Ghana (2003); co-editor
of Globalization and Transnational
Migrations: Africa and Africans in the
Contemporary Global System (2009);
co-editor of Marginality and Crisis:
Globalization and Identity in
Contemporary Africa (2010); and
author of In the Sphere of the Dragon:
China ’s Economic Relations with Africa
in the New Millennium (2010).
Currently, he is the Editor-in-Chief of
the Journal of Global Initiatives which
publishes articles on global policy
issues, pedagogy, perspectives.
His current research projects include
themes and topics like African
Economic History, Chinese and Asian
Economic Relations with African
Countries, New African Diaspora, Brain
Drain, Leadership and Governance in
Africa, and International Partnership
Agreements between African and U.S.
Universities. Professor Adebayo
consults on these topics. He also
conducts training and workshops to
assist new African universities to
develop effective and sustainable
international programs.
Professor Adebayo is married to
Omotola Adebayo and they are
blessed with three children: Dr.
Jolaade Adebayo MD, Mrs. Tunrade
Schumann, and Mr. Adeolu Adebayo.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by MandingoII(m): 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
Myth making is HUGE with nigerians. shocked

carry on
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by yourangel: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
PROFESSOR DAVID MBA

ASSOC. DEAN, SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, ENGLAND

Background

Education: Aerospace engineering (1st class honours), University of Hertfordshire, 1994 ; PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Cranfield University, 1999.  Awarded the University's Lord King Norton gold medal for the best doctorial thesis across all University campuses.
Professor Mba is actively involved with research in machine condition monitoring and prognosis, machine dynamics and turbo-machinery. A primary focus of his research in the area of machine monitoring and prognosis has been the application and development of the Acoustic Emission (AE) technology.

Professor Mba is the Convenor of an International Standards Organisation (ISO) working group tasked with developing the first international standards on the application of Acoustic Emission to condition monitoring of machinery (ISO TC108 SC5 WG14).  He is also active in British Standard Institute (BSI) working committee on Machine Vibration and Condition Monitoring.

Fellow, Institution of Mechanical Engineers

Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK

Fellow of the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing

http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/soe/profiles/d_mba.html
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2010
MandingoII:

Myth making is HUGE with nigerians. shocked

carry on

there are more nigerian professors in science academia than african americans.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by GboyegaD(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
This for me is right on spot.
I am currently processing admission to study for a Doctorate Degree in Economics there in the US and I hope that my dream to become a renowned Prof. of Econometrics in one of the top schools in the world.

Pls can you assist with mentors as I need someone to look up to.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Kilode1: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
PhysicsQED:

And Larry Summers can choke on a cli.t That guy is a nuisance. The same guy saying first world countries should dump their pollution in Africa and you're quoting him? Anyways, more on Summers:

It's almost impossible to believe some of the stuff that comes out of Larry Summers mouth sometimes. That guy is a mole -a closet conservative mole- on the left of the ideological spectrum.

I can't wait to read what objective presidential historians will say about his role in the first two years of the Obama Administration.

BTW, it's funny how West calls everybody "brother"
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by ladej(m): 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Help us tell him o.

Why not say Obesere is also a Millionaire?
so true.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by lekside44(m): 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
what of nigerians at home, how are they doing?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Rare(m): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2010
Abraham O. Fapojuwo, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Professor

Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
The University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

http://enel.ucalgary.ca/People/fapojuwo/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Pharoh: 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2010
Inspiring thread. smiley
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Odunnu: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2010
Has Prof Ijitola Oluwatoyin been mentioned?
I met ths man yesterday and he literally blew my mind!
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2010
Odunnu:

Has Prof Ijitola Oluwatoyin been mentioned?
I met ths man yesterday and he literally blew my mind!

Another Ife product.

Dr. Ijitola received his M.D. degree from the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in 1997; he was at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital for a year post –graduate internship training. Dr. Ijitola worked as a resident physician at AB Specialist Hospital, National Sports Medicine Center as Nigerian National Soccer Team doctor and at Kamorass Specialist Hospital till 2002. Dr. Ijitola gained admission to study his Master in Public Health at Mercer University at Macon, Georgia. He obtained the ECFMG Certificate in 2005, and then went on to study for his Ph.D. in Healthcare Administration at the University of Atlanta where he was appointed Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Administration. He then proceeded to International University for Graduate Studies and earned his Ph.D. in Public Health and Healthcare Administration while pursuing his Post- Doctoral Fellowships in Addiction Medicine and Postgraduate Nursing.

Dr. Ijitola is currently the Dean and Professor of the faculty of Public Health and Healthcare Administration at IUGS. The Director of Public Health/ Management Policies since 2006, he was appointed as Chairman of the Wish for Africa Project (North America region). Dr. Ijitola is Chief Operating Officer of Public Health and Health Policy/ Administrative Matters at Redeemers Medical Center. Professor Ijitola is a researcher with collaborative research group with Morehouse School of Medicine, Emory University and four teaching hospitals in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by lekside44(m): 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2010
of what values will these professionals have in uplifting standard of education in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by strangerf: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2010
lekside44:

of what values will these professionals have in uplifting standard of education in Nigeria?

That is why we have the government

These are private individuals, it is not their job to uplift the standard of education in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote , Sanusi , Bill Gates ,el-rufai And Others At Signing Of MOU - Photos / 'i Am A Talent Hunter, I Put Talents In Office' - Tinubu Brags / I’m Sad Adeleke Won On PDP Platform – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.