Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Political defintions in OBJ years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political defintions in OBJ years (1018 Views)

MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read / Crude Oil Price In Ibb/abacha Years Vs Price In Obj/gej Years. / Adolphus Wabara And Fabian Osuji Are Among The Most Corrupt In Obj Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2007
Segelection (segvoting,seg-poll) is simply a do-or-die election (according to Uncle Sege himself) in which a winner must EMERGE regardless of whether voting or proper voting do takes place. Artificial votes are usually awarded to the candidate preferred by the electoral body (controlled by the incumbent).
Let us all work with the product of segelection in his bid to make sure it does not happen again.

Compare this against gerrymander on answers.com( http://www.answers.com/topic/gerrymander ) and wikipedia( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandered) when it happens in the US they make sure they fight against it. Who say electoral fraud is only in Nigeria? Let us all fight against the types of electoral frauds rampant in Nigeria, every democracy is unique.

Do you have another name for segelection, or another definition? You can share it with  Nairalanders.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
OBJ have created a lot of terms in the Nigerian political dictionary in my own opinion.
Another one is Sanjomandering which I see simply as the redistribution of census figures to favour the states where his party is popular.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2007
OBJ na Ipata Agbalagba, he com say he tell Yar'Adua's mum make she no come pay him visit for farm (where he dey raise biggest chicken for Naija). He no no say Naija people no be fool, dey no chicken wings no be chicken shit, OBJ nawa o. I dey kampe (kampeism for naijarita.com)
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2007
I just want to add another one:
Sanjopulation: This man know how to manipulate very well. He knows that Yar'Adua will definitely win the election (I'm open to correction) but he opened the manipulatory system of election to the world so that the election will be heavily criticised (for example, by delaying the addition of Atiku's name so that it will affect INEC's functioning). Now his trick will be to be campaigning for Yar'Adua's acceptance worldwide, which he doesn't need actually because we need him to be at home, not be like OBJ becoming a globe trotter.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2007
My assertion is based on OBJ actions throughout his tenure. Although people always criticise his comments and action, but you can always infer what his next step or action through his comments by simply reading between the lines. Except in one instance, the third term bid, he denied it, and continue to deny it till now despite the fact that the process to amend the constitution continue until the Senate put a stop to it.

But overall, I still consider him a republican based on Micheal Moore's definition in his book Stupid white men commenting that choosing between the Republicans and the Democrats is like choosing "between those who say we will Bleep you if you elect us and they will indeed Bleep you (i.e the Republicans) and those who say we will never Bleep you and they will really Bleep you once elected (the Democrats)" he apologised for the language - so do I.

PDP under OBJ is more of a Nigerian "Republican" party. OBJ before the 1979 elections that brought Shagari, was quoted to have said "I dont know who will win this election but I know who will not (i.e Awolowo, his kinsman - who had promised to probe his administration). Before the recent election, he called the second segelection he will be organising a do-or-die election and do-or-die it was indeed.

So my conclusion is OBJ is a Republican par excellence like Mr Bush.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2007
Impeachment sagas (Impeachocracy) another hallmark of OBJ administration, almost all the state govs face threats of impeachment, except OBJ himself. Lets hope that the politicians have learnt some lessons now and won't begin their festival of impeachment.

Zero allocation, I don't think we should forget that one very soon. Many LGs do not perform at all in the first term of OBJ and when confronted,  Zero allocation.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by denex: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2007
Well, I learnt of ObaSansus
(pronounced Oba-San-soos) noun:
This is a type of Census process in which people are carefully enumerated in some areas while others do not even see the Census officials. A system whereby the enumerators were asking how many toilets and television sets were in my house, while caring less to carry out a headcount in other areas.

The process then leads to a declaration of results in which a state like Kano, which was almost catching up to the population of Lagos more than a decade ago, becomes divided into two states and today just one half of those two states has far more than the population of Lagos.

Use eg: during the last ObaSansoos, there were rumours that enumerators demanded bribes before counting some citizens.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2007
ObaSansus na pangba grin grin grin cool
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by denex: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
ObaSansus= the king of all census

ObaSansus= the census above all census.
Re: Political defintions in OBJ years by champredd(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2007
Made, Assembled and Produced in Naija.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria:15 Years From Now! / Are Niger Delta People Actually The Most Confused In Nigeria ? / What Is The Way Forward To Racial Discrimination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.