Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (70708 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by SamUnbeatable(m): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2020
right about now in the city of Abuja, corrola is needed almost everywhere, it seems like people just discovered that corrolla is the best.....
and the price is increasing everyday due to the high demand....
try Corolla Bros
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by cRobo: 7:37am On Feb 13, 2020
Bobby4345:
If you could maintain a Lexus, then go for a Toyota camry with similarities in luxury.
As for me the fuel consumption of a car is priority.
Toyota Corolla = 1.8L engine capacity
Toyota Camry = 2.4L engine capacity
In a layman's term:
If you spend an average of N1500 fuel daily on the corolla, ou would have to spend around N2500 daily on the camry.

It is also important to note that the maintenance of rhe camry is slightly higher.

But corolla spare part are more expensive than camry

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2020
JJAbrams:
Corolla but make sure you have a gated street and compound

Yes I live in a fenced house, I’ve heard a lot of people saying Corolla n thieves are 5&6, I think that’s a total turn off n moreover it’s a boring car... I’m having a feelings that I should get Lexus again and forget about low maintenance car... confused though!

4 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DOZTECH: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2020
mu2sa2:
Not really. He didn't deliberately "put away" the es 330, but in any case es 300 and es 330 are on all fours except for engine capacity(3.0 vs 3.3), which even gives 300 an edge in fuel economy. Comfort, balance and legedary Toyota V6 engine - with these lexus is miles ahead of corolla.

Engine capacity don't usually translate to fuel usage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by doremi123(f): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2020
Toyota Camry have stronger engines and good fuel economy. Corolla have strong engines and better fuel economy. Which do you prefer?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:39am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.

Ok thanks
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by okka(m): 7:39am On Feb 13, 2020
This is the most sensible and objective advice. I had loved Corolla along until I got Camry 2007 and am enjoying it since last year. I still love Corolla though and I will love to have it as additional soon.

ikevictor:
I have used both for years and can comfortably tell you that Camry is better.

People tell you Corolla but that car is really not affordable to maintain with regards to the parts which are on the high due to demand.

Also, the underneath parts for Corolla is not a strong as Camry. I used Corolla 2010 and Corolla 2004 respectively.

If you are tall, then Corolla will frustrate you especially when you drive for hours daily as I did.

Fuel economy there’s very little difference but Corolla is better, comfort Camry is better, shock absorption Camry is better, balance on the road Camry is better, resale value Corolla is better due to Nigerian market demand.

If you used an ES Lexus then you best switch should be Camry due to similarity in comfort.

You can make your choice based on above experiences of mine.

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:40am On Feb 13, 2020
Crookesmore:
In the same situation

But now, camry 08 and 09 are getting cheaper, you can get corolla 06-08 at that price range

I have decided to go for corolla 2010 tokunbo.

I just have this funny feeling that camry 07 upwards is too LONG grin grin grin

Lol grin
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Don't deceive people? What would I gain from deceiving them? If truly you are a car dealer then stop selling problems in the name of car dealership. FYI, I'm not a car dealer but 2013-Camry owner, I saw those problematic ones before I opted for this, so oga run along.

Guy what is wrong with u ? Somebody said he wants Tokunbo Camry 2007 or 2009 Or a corrolla 2005 or 2007.
His money is more than enough to buy him any of those cars foreign used NOT NIGERIAN used.

What has 2013 got to do with what the poster wants

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2020
afilaka:

If you know ,you know

Thieves like corolla more.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Explorers(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:
At that budget, you can mostly get a tokunbo Corolla not a tokunbo Camry.

If you are comfortable using a Nigerian used Camry, lovely.

Then there is feel consumption, price of maintenance and the other things. Which people will swear makes the Corolla better.

Clean toks 2007/2008 camry is around 1.9-2.1m

4 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by AJORE(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
[q1uote author=seunak2016 post=86605279]corolla if you short or average person but if you are tall person then Camry is best for you. don't really think tall people can be comfortable in Toyota corolla( sport) but camry(big daddy ) is ok and maintenance isnt that expensive anyway [/quote] Bros, I'm tall and my Corolla sport contains me conveniently.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Shibaraba:
Buy korope

By the way Lagos state is impounding cars used for uber and taxify through them useless VIO for lack of operating licence from the ehailing platform . Why is no one talking about this?

Stop okada frustrate uber. Someone is calling for trouble.
Dear Governor I know you're in this forum
Call your boys to order. There is a limit a man can take.

My apologies for derailing

Really! Impounding cars for Uber again? What is this country turning into sef?? Our government is the problem of this country
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by cRobo: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2020
mrphysics:
Op, go for corolla 2006 model. However it depends on how long you want to drive the car. If you don't want to drive it for a long time, then go for 2004 model, you can get this for 1.7m and sell it 1.4m after one year drive.

However, if you intend to use it for a long time, go for 2006 Corolla, a budget of 2.1m can get you that. After 2 years of use, you can still sell it for 1.4m still.

However, if you want little luxury or a feel of seemingly big boy, then increase your budget and go for Camry either 2008 or 2009. You can get this between 2.6-2.8m (clean).

Lastly before buying corolla, go with a mechanic and insist he check for what is popularly known as "Indomie". Those car dealers usually remove it and it leads to faster consumption of fuel. Also, the problem of Corolla's is faster engine burn. The engine oil burns and reduces. So most people that use Corolla always have to top oil.
So your mechanic must check this.

Regards

First time I am.hearing all of these

So 2006 is more durable than 2004 model of toyotal corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2020
Contumely:

What's that " indomie "called please ?
nurey
radautoworks

gregng

egunmogaji2
erico2k2

trumpdonald2
It's called Catalytic Converter

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by successity5(m): 7:47am On Feb 13, 2020
Go for Corolla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by chrisgeb: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2020
Tokunbo Corolla is more expensive to buy both cheaper to maintain than Camry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 7:48am On Feb 13, 2020
Explorers:

Clean toks 2007/2008 camry is around 1.9-2.1m
Where?

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by cRobo: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2020
DavidEsq:

May I ask why I said this?

Corolla is a hot cake for thief's

From brain box to all things that are detachable from the car by loosing

Lots of cases of theft on corolla compared to other cars

You can't park corolla outside you house over night and meet it thesame in most areas even during day time

That's the major disadvantage of corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2020
malele:

Guy what is wrong with u ? Somebody said he wants Tokunbo Camry 2007 or 2009 Or a corrolla 2005 or 2007.
His money is more than enough to buy him any of those cars foreign used NOT NIGERIAN used.

What has 2013 got to do with what the poster wants

I am not a guy to start with that shows you are not too bright. No insult intended.
You claimed he could get a 2009 camry with his budget and I begged to differ telling you there is high possibility of the car being problematic and i even gave you a preice tag from the last time i priced(foreign used). Then you were quick to claim to be a car dealer and I had to let you know the model I drive. This means, I saw the cheap offers from dealers like you and chose to opt in for something better. Most wise nigerians know car dealers who offer such hilarious deals always end up selling problems.
You dig now?

11 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by stchinedu: 7:50am On Feb 13, 2020
ikevictor:
I have used both for years and can comfortably tell you that Camry is better.

People tell you Corolla but that car is really not affordable to maintain with regards to the parts which are on the high due to demand.

Also, the underneath parts for Corolla is not a strong as Camry. I used Corolla 2010 and Corolla 2004 respectively.

If you are tall, then Corolla will frustrate you especially when you drive for hours daily as I did.

Fuel economy there’s very little difference but Corolla is better, comfort Camry is better, shock absorption Camry is better, balance on the road Camry is better, resale value Corolla is better due to Nigerian market demand.

If you used an ES Lexus then you best switch should be Camry due to similarity in comfort.

You can make your choice based on above experiences of mine.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:51am On Feb 13, 2020
AroOkigbo:
From Lexus to Camry/Corolla? My brother, it is well oooh.
In all things, thank God for life.

What do you intend using the car for?
Luxury or business/Uber/Lyft?

Honestly, it has been a major issue to me o, thinking of driving that boring Corolla alone sef and nw that I’m hearing that Corolla n thieves are 5&6... to ymur question, I just need a car to take me around and for traveling, I so much love Lexus but just thinking I should get something cheaper to maintain...

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by lathrowinger: 7:51am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks

Which day me sef go even buy Keke. Thank God for your life safety though. No one wey no better. Go for your mindset. This 1 dey economical that part dey cheaper. Pray for more blessing and buy better one that ur mind desire. Na people dey use Ferrari...

3 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.
you have both? stop this shakara jor! do you even have a uber corolla?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by chu12: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2020
seunak2016:
corolla if you short or average person but if you are tall person then Camry is best for you. don't really think tall people can be comfortable in Toyota corolla( sport) but camry(big daddy ) is ok and maintenance isnt that expensive anyway

The above is the summary I was going to type... Its as simple as that...
Your height will determine to some exten.......
Corolla has a better fuel economy to Camry (engine size). Camry has a better balance on the road... I have used both, but currently enjoying my Camry...
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by computerglobal(m): 7:54am On Feb 13, 2020
mu2sa2:
(make sure you do a Vin check). Good luck.

Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.
Tested and Trusted Service

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by khk01: 7:54am On Feb 13, 2020
I have a 2007 Camry for Sale. Accident free. I will sell it for you 1,850,000.You can contact me 09063501268

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by chu12: 7:54am On Feb 13, 2020
cRobo:

Corolla is a hot cake for thief's

From brain box to all things that are detachable from the car by loosing

Lots of cases of theft on corolla compared to other cars

You can't park corolla outside you house over night and meet it thesame in most areas even during day time

That's the major disadvantage of corolla

That is where insurance comes in.....
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 7:54am On Feb 13, 2020
cRobo:

First time I am.hearing all of these

So 2006 is more durable than 2004 model of toyotal corolla

No, it's about the resale value. Almost all Corolla's have same resell value ranging from 1.2-1.4m for 2003-2006 model. So if you buy a 2006 model for 2.1 or 2m, and drive it for 1 year, you will most likely resell it for 1.35m. Now if you buy 2004 for 1.8m and drive for 1 year, you will resell for 1.3m.

So, if you intend using it for a long time, then go for 2006 with better features. But for a short time use, it's much better to go for 2003/2004

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by AroOkigbo(m): 7:57am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:

Honestly, it has been a major issue to me o, thinking of driving that boring Corolla alone sef and nw that I’m hearing that Corolla n thieves are 5&6... to ymur question, I just need a car to take me around and for traveling, I so much love Lexus but just thinking I should get something cheaper to maintain...
Ok, that's for luxury.
You're lucky, some peeps don't even own a bicycle. ..so enjoy your corolla. I prophesy unto you that you'll get a bigger car in the near future.

Corolla and thieves are butter and bread but God will keep yours safe.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by malele(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

I am not a guy to start with that shows you are not too bright. No insult intended.
You claimed he could get a 2009 camry with his budget and I begged to differ telling you there is high possibility of the car being problematic and i even gave you a preice tag from the kast time i priced. Then you were quick to claim to be a car dealer and I had to let you know the model I drive. This means, I saw the cheap offers from dealers like you and chose to opt in for something better. Most wise nigerians know car dealers who offer such hilarious deals always end up selling problems.
You dig now?

I didn’t have time to check ur gender, the trash u will typing really got me surprised. Read people comment on the above post, and see how crazy u sound, does buying a car worth 2.1 million , 3 million or whatever makes u intelligent ? Do u know the cost price of that car Camry 2007 to 2009 in America ? Do u know the shipping or clearing price ? Stop arguing over what u don’t know.
Beside I won’t reply u again, I don’t argue with women. Thanks

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.