Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (70674 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Go and buy Honda accord EOD or DC
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2020
uncle005:
Go and buy Honda accord EOD or DC
Did you see his previous car?? These are cheap cars edaakun.undecided

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by IamHonourable1: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:

Yes I live in a fenced house, I’ve heard a lot of people saying Corolla n thieves are 5&6, I think that’s a total turn off n moreover it’s a boring car... I’m having a feelings that I should get Lexus again and forget about low maintenance car... confused though!

Bro buy any car that tickles whatever you're buying it for.There is no car without its challenges just as there's no car without its good side.The best advice one can get is that given to one by oneself.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by KingBaba1(m): 10:36am On Feb 13, 2020
AroOkigbo:
From Lexus to Camry/Corolla? My brother, it is well oooh.
In all things, thank God for life.

What do you intend using the car for?
Luxury or business/Uber/Lyft?
Lol, I thought as much as well, and I think the op should go for Lexus ES 350 instead of corolla. But to be honest, corolla and Hyundai are low cost of maintenance vehicles for real

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Did you see his previous car?? These are cheap cars edaakun.undecided
Sir, why are you insulting me. That is the car i m using, its a fantastic car, and its not cheap as you said based on his budget.

Try to respect people's opinion and not too quick to react
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by excessmon(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2020
Pls can you show a pic of ur car?
Talking gibberish
maynation:

You are probably talking about older versions of Camry, and hey please don't drag Toyota big daddy into this talk. Doesn't that car sell for a little above 1milli?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2020
uncle005:
Sir, why are you insulting me. That is the car i m using, its a fantastic car, and its not cheap as you said based on his budget.

Sorry Oga. No insult intended, my judgement was based on OP's formal car as he is expected to opt for something quite better at least. I was not trying to look down on you. smiley
Mind you I'm a 'Ma' not a 'Sir'.

4 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2020
excessmon:
Pls can you show a pic of ur car?
Talking gibberish

Why are you pained na? Isn't that the price of Big daddy? No insult intended tho.

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2020
erico2k2:

1 million?who said So
Lol.
That was just a sarcasm.
He could buy and sell it for any amount he wishes.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mfm04622: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2020
salford1:

Lol. Nothing luxury about Camry.
They are just regular sedans. Corolla is a compact sized car while the Camry is a mid sized car.

Okay. Still a higher grade brand to Corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by littleplato(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2020
Hi...
Toyota camry 1996 available @ #380,000 location: Ado/odo ota call or whatapp: 09098792828... you can bring your mechanic for inspection
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by switspin(f): 11:45am On Feb 13, 2020
Azeh:
Corolla..and u will never regret
Buy Toyota Corona or covid -19[sup][/sup]
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by murade: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2020
For luxury go for camry, for others-economic, cheap maintenance go for corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2020
uncle005:

She wasn’t insulting you sir, it’s your opinion...I think she was only trying to let you know where I’m coming frm. Thanks to everyone anyway, I really appreciate everyone here and please let’s all maintain one house.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by pannyman(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2020
SamUnbeatable:
did u just write fuel efficiency for Camry compared to Corolla? Bros Corolla fuel efficiency is mad .....
bought full tank on a trip from abuja to imo state in my corrolla 2007 ride, used AC all Tru the journey and am left with quarter tank fuel. my friend dat we travelled together sold his Camry and bought Corolla wen we came back.....
corrolla is mad in maintenance and fuel consumption

Really?

1 Like

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2020
littleplato:
Hi...

Toyota camry 1996 available @ #380,000 location: Ado/odo ota
call or whatapp: 09098792828...
you can bring your mechanic for inspection

Finally, this is what Kingteeee will buy. grin
Please don't forget to go with your mechanic and a towing vehicle too.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by DavidEsq(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
cRobo:

Corolla is a hot cake for thief's

From brain box to all things that are detachable from the car by loosing

Lots of cases of theft on corolla compared to other cars

You can't park corolla outside you house over night and meet it thesame in most areas even during day time

That's the major disadvantage of corolla
Chei!

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by charlsecy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
Frankiss44:
I tot a tokumbo corolla is more expensive than a tokumbo Camry of the same year ?
I think that's true.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Johniegram26(m): 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ur number pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by orunmila144: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
BabaOwen:
It all depend on your pocket. Camry is more expensive than corolla and the cost of maintenance is more than corolla own.

Corolla- Economy car cheesy

Camry- semi luxury

Avalon- luxury.

This should help you choose between corolla and Camry. I prefer Camry and Avalon sha.
HOw come nobody talks about toyota avensis ? is that luxury ?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by orunmila144: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
mfm04622:

Camry is a higher grade brand to Corolla. So for Tokunbo, Camry will be more expensive. However, due to demand in Nigeria, Corolla has a better resale value than Camry in Nigeria. Corolla is the basic brand while Camry is the semi luxury brand
is toyota avensis good ?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by ponnke4u(m): 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please I want to know the major difference between LE and SE series of Toyota Camry cars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mokt(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
You will see a Camry for that amount. Both cars are not bad at all.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by sheu01: 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
forlahkhe:
If u are a tall person, corolla may not be good for u. I use corolla bt its not spacious. Aside ds point, I think I don't av any regret buying a corolla(although its just 4months old).

Meanwhile, I want my car to bit high above d ground such dt d silencer will not b hiting d ground all d time. Someone said I should change the car rim and tyres to 16 from 15,another person said I shd just change my tyre from 185 to 205 and still be using the 15R. PLS WHICH OPTION IS BETTER

What type of corolla are u using? Is it a corolla sport if yes which model, I will advise u to change your tyre to 205/65/R15
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Contumely: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
mrphysics:

It's "expensive", especially one that is follow come. For Corolla, you can get the complete one for say 50k-70k (Abuja) depending on the area.
And you need to have it in your Corolla to even enjoy the car in the first place.

When I bought mine, I didn't check for it because it's always under the car. Didn't know it was removed. Those car dealers like most Nigerian politicians won't go to heaven.

Anyone that have bought Tokumbo cars will tell you that immediately after Nigerian politicians, the next group of criminals are Nigerian car dealers. You have to look well, or examine the car well before buying, else, you will buy a shining car without knowing it's been repainted.
oh ok
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by ogtavia(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
banom:
Buy CORONAVIRUS latest version . It's the trendy one now.

Lool..Ode nla grin grin grin
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by ogtavia(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks

They are both good cars. But coming from a Lexus ES330, If I were you, I will buy a Camry. With 1.9m, you should be able to get a good '08 Camry. If you are in Abuja or close by, I can hook you up with a reliable dealer.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
ogtavia:

They are both good cars. But coming from a Lexus ES330, If I were you, I will buy a Camry. With 1.9m, you should be able to get a good '08 Camry. If you are in Abuja or close by, I can hook you up with a reliable dealer.

I think that’s what I will go for or get another Lexus es330. Sorry I’m in Lagos
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by sheu01: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
SamUnbeatable:
did u just write fuel efficiency for Camry compared to Corolla? Bros Corolla fuel efficiency is mad .....
bought full tank on a trip from abuja to imo state in my corrolla 2007 ride, used AC all Tru the journey and am left with quarter tank fuel. my friend dat we travelled together sold his Camry and bought Corolla wen we came back.....
corrolla is mad in maintenance and fuel consumption

Your explanation is very nice and perfect. Good talk, Is it a corolla sport?

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by JoNach: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
payperpost:
you have both? stop this shakara jor! do you even have a uber corolla?

Lol , I'm American o, working at google. California

2 Likes

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by JoNach: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
miketayo:

There is always someone like this on every thread, even if it's a space ship and a rocket, someone will have both grin

Lol, but they aren't expensive to own na , I live in america and these are the cheapest cars you can get

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.