Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? (70678 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 7:59am On Feb 13, 2020
BabaOwen:
It all depend on your pocket. Camry is more expensive than corolla and the cost of maintenance is more than corolla own.

Corolla- Economy car cheesy

Camry- semi luxury

Avalon- luxury.

This should help you choose between corolla and Camry. I prefer Camry and Avalon sha.

Thanks for ur advice, for the luxury I’d rather go back to Lexus instead of Avalon grin still thinking sha I think aside frm the economy Corolla has nothing good to offer especially now that I can hear people saying stealing rate is high due to lack of security n all that

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Mynd44: 8:02am On Feb 13, 2020
Explorers:

Clean toks 2007/2008 camry is around 1.9-2.1m
Muzzle not big daddy ooooo

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:02am On Feb 13, 2020
salford1:
Corolla, but you would have to sleep with one eyes or better still both eyes open.

grin grin grin that’s the fear now
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 8:03am On Feb 13, 2020
malele:

I didn’t have time to check ur gender, the trash u will typing really got me surprised. Read people comment on the above post, and see how crazy u sound, does buying a car worth 2.1 million , 3 million or whatever makes u intelligent ? Do u know the cost price of that car Camry 2007 to 2009 in America ? Do u know the shipping or clearing price ? Stop arguing over what u don’t know.
Beside I won’t reply u again, I don’t argue with women. Thanks
Ok.
Go and buy yours for 1milli.
All I want is satisfaction and problems-free cars not nice-body-bad-engine kinda cars and it has nothing to do with intelligence
Don't forget to have a good day.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by maynation(f): 8:04am On Feb 13, 2020
Mynd44:

Muzzle not big daddy ooooo

Exactly, that was why I told one not to even drag big daddy into the talk.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Contumely: 8:06am On Feb 13, 2020
mrphysics:
It's called Catalytic Converter
oh
why would the sellers remove it?
Are they gaining anything from doing so?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2020
ikevictor:
I have used both for years and can comfortably tell you that Camry is better.

People tell you Corolla but that car is really not affordable to maintain with regards to the parts which are on the high due to demand.

Also, the underneath parts for Corolla is not a strong as Camry. I used Corolla 2010 and Corolla 2004 respectively.

If you are tall, then Corolla will frustrate you especially when you drive for hours daily as I did.

Fuel economy there’s very little difference but Corolla is better, comfort Camry is better, shock absorption Camry is better, balance on the road Camry is better, resale value Corolla is better due to Nigerian market demand.

If you used an ES Lexus then you best switch should be Camry due to similarity in comfort.

You can make your choice based on above experiences of mine.

Thanks for the detailed advice. So helpful
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Ingodwetrust15(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Personally I think the Corolla is easy to maintain and very economically in terms of fuel consumption , but to be honest it’s just a slight difference with the Camry

You were using a ES330 and I’m sure there was a certain prestige that car gives you when you drive around or drive into places, truth is the corolla might not give you that same prestige as you might even be seen as an Uber driver lol I think you should go for the Camry 05 (a.ka Camry 2.4 or big daddy) it’s the Toyota version of the ES330,it’s very lovely and also economically well Most Toyota cars are, price is around 1.5M-1.8M

But if you really don’t care about the prestige I was talking about earlier go for the corolla. Shalom
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by clefstone(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2020
salford1:

Lol. Nothing luxury about Camry.
They are just regular sedans. Corolla is a compact sized car while the Camry is a mid sized car.
my thoughts exactly. I have come to realize that there is no much difference between the Corolla and Camry except for size. What do u think about 2008 mercedes C Class
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by mrphysics(m): 8:12am On Feb 13, 2020
Contumely:

oh

why would the sellers remove it?

Are they gaining anything from doing so?
It's "expensive", especially one that is follow come. For Corolla, you can get the complete one for say 50k-70k (Abuja) depending on the area.
And you need to have it in your Corolla to even enjoy the car in the first place.

When I bought mine, I didn't check for it because it's always under the car. Didn't know it was removed. Those car dealers like most Nigerian politicians won't go to heaven.

Anyone that have bought Tokumbo cars will tell you that immediately after Nigerian politicians, the next group of criminals are Nigerian car dealers. You have to look well, or examine the car well before buying, else, you will buy a shining car without knowing it's been repainted.

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Torg77: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2020
JJAbrams:
Corolla but make sure you have a gated street and compound

Why
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:13am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Noooo. For where?
Camry is more expensive.

@OP
For your budget Corolla is perfect for you, but if you can raise your budget go for 2013 Camry. Your life will never remain the same. God knows. cool

Lol. Do you mean the 2013 Camry is easier to maintain or what?
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by colestephan86: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2020
seunak2016:
corolla if you short or average person but if you are tall person then Camry is best for you. don't really think tall people can be comfortable in Toyota corolla( sport) but camry(big daddy ) is ok and maintenance isnt that expensive anyway
You are absolutely right,
Was in a 2012 corolla , my lags was stuck under the steering wheel. That made me hate the car as it was my first time in it.
Whereas if you are 6.4 feet as I am , you will comfortably drive my Peugeot 307.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by bonnyhope: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2020
JoNach:
I have both cars but il advice you go for 2007 Corolla, because of lower maintenance costs.
toyota finish work on 2007 model, very rugged, economical, everything

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Bobby4345: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2020
cRobo:

But corolla spare part are more expensive than camry

Never
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2020
mu2sa2:
Why not go for another lexus like es300. Those lexus cars 2002- 2005 were made in Japan to exquisite workmanship. You can't compare the superb comfort and luxury feel of es to that of corolla with its bland interior. Those lexus (tokumbo) are even cheaper than corolla. Lexus is the luxury edition of toyota, so you will be downgrading by going for corolla or camry. Just look for tokumbo es edition that's still neat and in good condition (make sure you do a Vin check). Good luck.

Thanks, been thinking of that too
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2020
maynation:

Ok.
Go and buy yours for 1milli.
All I want is satisfaction and problems-free cars not nice-body-bad-engine kinda cars and it has nothing to do with intelligence
Don't forget to have a good day.
1 million?who said So
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by erico2k2(m): 8:20am On Feb 13, 2020
bonnyhope:

toyota finish work on 2007 model, very rugged, economical, everything
What is the Engine capacity??
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by adewasco2k(m): 8:20am On Feb 13, 2020
I will advice yo go for Carmry since you are switching from a Lexus car.

I moved from a 2004 Corrolla to 2006 Camry and i will say i enjoyed it, fuel consumption is a little bit higher but not over killing.

I think the only problem i am facing is oil burn else its been a perfect switch/upgrade.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by nelcliff(m): 8:23am On Feb 13, 2020
Corolla Rock. Go for it
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:25am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
the only difference is the headrest at the back. Es 330 has 3 while es 300 has 2

Don’t even say that bro, it has so much differences
Smoother driving
Heated seats
More comfort
Beautiful designs both interior n exterior and it even more fuel economical compare to the Es300, drive the es330 you won’t want to use any other car other than Lexus... it’s not an easy decision for me planning getting a Camry now cause I’m having a feeling that I won’t enjoy any of those cars like the superb Lexus

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by henrybomb(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks
You can maintain this quite alright

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Adeevah(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
Advice is needed here please help me out, I was using Lexus ES330 2005 for over 2 years which I had no issue with it but late last year I involved in an accident which cost some damages on the car and after repair I sold the car but now I need a car again and my budget is between 1.7m - 2.1m I think I should go for a low maintenance car so I’m confused maybe I should buy Corolla 2005-2007 model or Camry 2007-2009 model. Thanks

Depending on purpose/use, if for personal use, you can get a very clean tokunbo camry2007/2008 @ 2m-2.1m but if for transportation business, go for clean tokunbo corrola 2005/2007 @ 1.7m-2m.

You won't regret buying any of these two.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by melakes(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2020
Good morning all.. On the average, with N5,000 fuel, how many km are you expected to drive a Toyota camry compared to corolla?

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by kingteeee: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2020
salford1:

Lol. Nothing luxury about Camry.
They are just regular sedans. Corolla is a compact sized car while the Camry is a mid sized car.

I swear grin you’ve just said it all lol
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by wasi9ice: 8:38am On Feb 13, 2020
I have same issue running on my mind now,, really appreciate your contributions,

I was told corola is a bit expensive than Camry, l just sold my old car and want to go for another,,

I was adviced to go for corola 2003-2007 model, but someone adviced me to for Camry instead but he said tiny eye is better,, Pls who can tell me more about that so l don't make mistake,,,,
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by doggedfighter(f): 8:41am On Feb 13, 2020
IamDavid:
why are you shouting??
He's screaming with the bold caps and I wonder if his advice is the best
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Josev: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2020
IMHO I'll ask you to go for the corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Damsman10(m): 8:42am On Feb 13, 2020
seunak2016:
corolla if you short or average person but if you are tall person then Camry is best for you. don't really think tall people can be comfortable in Toyota corolla( sport) but camry(big daddy ) is ok and maintenance isnt that expensive anyway

Why did you have to mention big daddy. Wo if you are looking for car that dont always need maintenance, low fuel intake and rugged no be big daddy, that car will finish OP money.
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2020
AroOkigbo:
From Lexus to Camry/Corolla? My brother, it is well oooh.
In all things, thank God for life.

What do you intend using the car for?
Luxury or business/Uber/Lyft?

Your thinking is quite shallow. Did you not see his reasons? Why make it feel he is struggling?

I just hate this hypocrisy in Nigerians

Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by babsthegreat: 8:46am On Feb 13, 2020
kingteeee:
Hi Nairalander,
buy a Toyota Corolla
Re: Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? by doggedfighter(f): 8:47am On Feb 13, 2020
Explorers:

Clean toks 2007/2008 camry is around 1.9-2.1m
Please how much is clean toks 2001 camry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS)