Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] (3176 Views)

Why Women Say This "Deceptive" Phrase When They Cheat - Plus How It Can Help You / Married Women Don't Care About Condoms When They Cheat / 'Yoruba Men Are The Sweetest On Earth But They Cheat Shamelessly' - Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:43am On Feb 13, 2020
I have talked countless times about how amazing book publishing is, but there is one thing I hardly talk about and that is: these middle men that sell your books will always cheat you, but keep moving and keep writing.

Depending on your pricing, they take a huge cut. The more expensive your book is, the more money they take from you.

I sold lots of books yesterday on both Amazon and Publishdrive, but there is a certain book I uploaded some days ago, this year, I want to talk about.

On Publishdrive, I made the price $99.99 and $200 on Amazon Paperback, but cheaper in its Kindle version — which is $69.99.

Yesterday, I sold two copies on Publishdrive which is approximately $200 for both. On Amazon, I sold a paperback version which is also $200. Sadly, Amazon, by themselves, gave a discount to buyers by reducing it to $173.

In summary, these 3 copies sold are supposed to give me $400 which is 145k.

Sadly, out of this money, my share is only 39k. Let's just call it 40k.

The reason I wrote this post is to talk about greed.

As an author or publisher, you'll always be cheated by middle men. Acting as if you're smarter than middle men will lead you to failure. Yes, failure can be good at times.

The reason Buhari used to lose elections is because he tried to bypass middle men.

This time around, he used middle men and won the election. Unfortunately, the middle men are the ones controlling the country/economy while Buhari is just a puppet acting as a president.

It's good to have all the power and get rid of middle men, but that leads to a man's downfall or a man being plotted against. Middle men are you as greedy if you try to do everything yourself and avoid them, so they will haunt you.

If you want to be wealthy, people around you, the middle men must be made rich first by you, else you can't be wealthy. Even if you eventually become wealthy without them, they'll either frustrate you or kill you.

Wealth drops like a tap with leakages while riches drop like a bomb.

As a new PayPal exchanger, someone came to me 3 days ago and told me he wants to exchange some Dollars to Naira and I gave him the rate and he was comfortable with it.

Also, I told him PayPal will take some sending fee when he transfers the money to my Paypal account and another $5 when I'm sending the money to my Nigerian account and this guy became apprehensive.

He refused proceeding with the transaction. On the third day, I told him it will be better to keep the PayPal fund and use it to buy things online instead of losing some cuts to PayPal.

I did this not because I wanted that for him, but to enable me pull out of the transaction. If he comes back in the future, I'll tell him we are currently out of business for now.

The problem is: this guy doesn't want to lose 1 Kobo to PayPal, let alone losing to an exchanger.

Nigerians always forget one thing and that is: If you can't lose, you can't win. If you can't feel the pains, you can't gain the gain.

So, in these 3 sales of the same book I singled out to talk about, it made me 145k, but I only got 40k as my share and they took 105k.

Sad, but I'm not bothered. Why? Wealth drops like droplet of water, not like a bomb.

So, while I'm sleeping, all the greedy middle men (Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Nobles, etc.) are doing the work for me and giving me my share when I wake.

This is to say, I no longer have to bother myself working for the rest of my life because middle men have taken care of it.

I just need withdraw my share at the end of the month and use it for whatever I want.

I can either invest it or waste it — depending on what I choose. So, yesterday, I made 145k from a book that sold 3 copies and my profit is 40k. This excluded every other sales of other numerous books I wrote I don't want to talk about.

The code of wealth is: Everyday, the money keeps accruing without you working physically for it.

The code of poverty/slavery is: Everyday, keep working for money and if you stop, the money stops accruing.

Finally, don't be greedy — allow middle men to chop too even though they are greedy animals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 13, 2020
There s something very boring about u and the thing is that u re not innovative. You put desame boring shit out there everyday trying to rub it in and at the same time send signals & impressions that u re made, simultaneously imposing products and offers or whatever it is u re selling to the same set of persons u expect to pacify.

In ur head u re the real deal but in my head u still need some schooling and redress.

5 Likes

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2020
To those who like screenshots, I'll show some.

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:47am On Feb 13, 2020
From the two copies sold on PD, it mad 72k, but they only gave me 17k, so I lost 55k.

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:48am On Feb 13, 2020
So, out of 145k from those 3 sales, the greedy people gave me only 40k and trust me, life goes on. I'm not angry, but happy that some oyibo guys are doing the hard work for me even though they are taking the lions' share.

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2020
BadRadio:
There s something very boring about u and the thing is that u re not innovative. You put desame boring shit out there everyday trying to rub it in and at the same time send signals & impressions that u re made, simultaneously imposing products and offers or whatever it is u re selling to the same set of persons u expect to pacify.

In ur head u re the real deal but in my head u still need some schooling and redress.

You have a point, dear. Thanks for the input and stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by proclinician: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2020
You made 140k gross and they gave u just 40k and took 100k. Is that what you're saying?
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2020
Let's just assume the question above is rhetorical since the answer is in the post.
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by SirDanny7(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
What 17k out of a possible 72k
there's no better definition of cheating than this
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 8:46am On Feb 13, 2020
To the first commenter, let me explain something to you.

There are 3 people who read my posts

1. The depressed/frustrated
2. The inspired/motivated
3. The indifferent/stumbled on

The depressed always come to read my post to see if they can find fault to attack me. If I'm having fun on a thread without talking about money or business, they abuse me and tell me to go make money and stop posting rubbish. If I'm finally talking about money, they say I'm showing off (making them look lazy), so they hate it. Whatever I post, be it good or bad, they always have something negative to say.

The second people read my posts because no matter how bad or good it is, they learn something from it and get inspired to get started. They know if I can do it, they too can. These are the people who always enjoy my posts.

The third people are those who don't know me, but stumbled on my post because of the catchy title or they know me, but don't really give a f*ck if what I post is good or bad — they just read and walk away feeling neither depressed nor motivated. They are indifferent.

So, Mr. First Commenter, know where you belong. It's obvious everyone knows where you belong. Sadly, I can't stop creating post or amend my contents to please you. I don't please people. In fact, I actually love seeing them reacting angrily and emotionally. Lol

Just know where you belong and deal with the emotional consequences that comes out of it.

2 Likes

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2020
SirDanny7:
What
17k out of a possible 72k

there's no better definition of cheating than this

Wetin man go do? Na so I see am o! There is God.
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by christm386: 8:58am On Feb 13, 2020
What kind of book do u write sir, and how do u go about publishing and selling it on those online platforms, thanks in advance
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2020
You're welcome, Mr. Christm386.

I write nonfiction. I focus on books that solve problems. How To...books. I write ONLY on evergreen niches. Meaning: niches that never die.

For publishing, I have some free articles here on Nairaland, but searching through my hundreds of threads on this forum to find them is the last thing I'd want to do.

Also, there are hundreds of few articles or YouTube videos to guide you for free online. You have all you need at your finger tip. If you have money and don't want to go through the stress of finding things yourself, you can hire a mentor, pay him, and he will guide you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2020
iLegendd:

I write nonfiction. I focus on books that solve problems. How To...books. I write ONLY on evergreen niches. Meaning: niches that never die.

For publishing, I have some free articles here on Nairaland, but searching through my hundreds of threads on this forum to find them is the last thing I'd want to do.

[b]Also, there are hundreds of few articles or YouTube videos to guide you for free online. You have all you need at your finger tip.[b] If you have money and don't want to go through the stress of finding things yourself, you can hire a mentor, pay him, and he will guide you.

I'm not that type of dude that cages people whatsoever. I respect you for the tips and motivations you dish out on this forum on a daily basis. Obviously it isn't that easy. At least you are one of the rare, well meaning persons that changes my outlook on life and in the business world. Much respect Sir!
@bolded
I hate seeing this part on your post. At least, for once, and as a leader, is better you give a glimpse on how to go about certain things. It weakens me whenever I see this part in your post. It is better or never not to include this annoying part in your post.

1 Like

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
iLegendd:
To the first commenter, let me explain something to you.

There are 3 people who read my posts

1. The depressed/frustrated
2. The inspired/motivated
3. The indifferent/stumbled on

The depressed always come to read my post to see if they can find fault to attack me. If I'm having fun on a thread without talking about money or business, they abuse me and tell me to go make money and stop posting rubbish. If I'm finally talking about money, they say I'm showing off (making them look lazy), so they hate it. Whatever I post, be it good or bad, they always have something negative to say.

The second people read my posts because no matter how bad or good it is, they learn something from it and get inspired to get started. They know if I can do it, they too can. These are the people who always enjoy my posts.

The third people are those who don't know me, but stumbled on my post because of the catchy title or they know me, but don't really give a f*ck if what I post is good or bad — they just read and walk away feeling neither depressed nor motivated. They are indifferent.

So, Mr. First Commenter, know where you belong. It's obvious everyone knows where you belong. Sadly, I can't stop creating post or amend my contents to please you. I don't please people. In fact, I actually love seeing them reacting angrily and emotionally. Lol

Just know where you belong and deal with the emotional consequences that comes out of it.

I think u have a leech crawling inside ur brain for writing this shit that I m quoting. I have warned u before that these fvckery will earn u a serious beating of a lifetime. You think sitting in front of a laptop and typing ur life away is the way to go. u cook things up in ur mind and then u label them as FACT
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by Yemialade(f): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Mr legend of the seeker of amazon and publish drive,i feel ur pain bro,its going to be alright,maybe you should readjust the price of ur buks so u wont b at a loss wit d white men.concerning u wasting d money,please use it to better other peoples lives,d price dat make u angry will put a smile at someones plate.
Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
Yemialade:
Mr legend of the seeker of amazon and publish drive,i feel ur pain bro,its going to be alright,maybe you should readjust the price of ur buks so u wont b at a loss wit d white men.concerning u wasting d money,please use it to better other peoples lives,d price dat make u angry will put a smile at someones plate.

You have a point. Sadly, humans value expensive things, so I give humans what they value.

2 Likes

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by christm386: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
iLegendd:

Also, there are hundreds of few articles or YouTube videos to guide you for free online. You have all you need at your finger tip. If you have money and don't want to go through the stress of finding things yourself, you can hire a mentor, pay him, and he will guide you.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: They Cheat On Me Everyday, But... [Picture] by GindoX(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
And the admin here, won't push this to front page grin if na snake and the rest, e go enter front page

(1) (Reply)

Should I Accept Him Back? / I’m So Sex-starved I Feel Like Giving My Father Mouth Gig – Lady Laments / The Only Duty A Guy Owes His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.