Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. (38559 Views)

New Construction Of A Block Of 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms At Awka, Anambra state / NEW Construction - 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Executive Design / Number Of Bedrooms In 50 By 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2020
We have to move fully into the finish of this house, we plan to start working on the ;

1. Full plastering and dressing of this house, with designs
2. POP ceilings in all the upper floor
3. Sliding Windows with glass
4. All doors, metal for outer and wooden for interior doors, keys etc
5. Balustrade for the balconies and steps
6. Burglary proof for all windows
7. Soakaway system

All works start this week and will be sustained till completion. More pictures as we move along.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
We have loosened the parapet wood to reveal the shape of the fascia..........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2020
We started some preliminary works for the plastering of this house yesterday, more pictures later.......

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by omanzo02: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2020
spyder880:
We have loosened the parapet wood to reveal the shape of the fascia..........
It looks good, the height of the kingpost really suit the size of the building and roof shape neatly put together, it makes every view looks normal and nothing appears exaggerated...these qualities are very rare in Nigeria's buildings designs and most time house owners copy the opposite grin .....I look forward to the day Nigeria will make use of the space in the roofing for rooms and storage using heat insulators.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
We have started dressing this parapet fascia today........

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
Looking cool already.........

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
Looking from outside the compound........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
Internal plumbing piping provisions ongoing inside each flat in this house........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2020
More plastering/dressing works ongoing in this house today.......

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Sparks026(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Oga Spydder880, I hail you o! Well done for the good job!

Please what estimate of the bags of cement do you think would suffice for the external plastering of this project. Just the exterior only.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sparks026:
Oga Spydder880, I hail you o! Well done for the good job!

Please what estimate of the bags of cement do you think would suffice for the external plastering of this project. Just the exterior only.

I am thinking that 120 bags can complete the outside plastering works, but the final figures needs to be seen when we complete the outside. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
We are still working in this site today.........

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by omanzo02: 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
Spyder,

What type of light weight parapet casting are available and is suitable for 6 or 5 inches pillars, what should be the safe projection/distance from the wall for stability?

Ground floor already has 6 inches pillars, building has a total of 34 pillars and original plan doesn't include parapet.

Thanks.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
omanzo02:
Spyder,

What type of light weight parapet casting are available and is suitable for 6 or 5 inches pillars, what should be the safe projection/distance from the wall for stability?

Ground floor already has 6 inches pillars, building has a total of 34 pillars and original plan doesn't include parapet.

Thanks.

I think you should go for pre cast parapet, its lighter than the concrete type. But get a good professional to look at the work done already before moving on.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pictures of this house today........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Plastering the front, rough plastering works to receive tiles works.......

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by omanzo02: 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
spyder880:
We have started dressing this parapet fascia today........

Spyder,

How far does this parapet protruded from the building wall or carriage beam? It looks heavy looking at it underneath or it's just photo illusion? I see mostly heavy and large parapets on our buildings, are lightweight and portable parapet of about 40 - 50cm protrusion not achievable in casting?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
omanzo02:

Spyder,

How far does this parapet protruded from the building wall or carriage beam? It looks heavy looking at it underneath or it's just photo illusion? I see mostly heavy and large parapets on our buildings, are lightweight and portable parapet of about 40 - 50cm protrusion not achievable in casting?

This is a 60 cm protrusion.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by omanzo02: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
spyder880:

I think you should go for pre cast parapet, its lighter than the concrete type. But get a good professional to look at the work done already before moving on.

Good that you mentioned "but" and "professional", I have read some of your analysis about concrete and precast parapet and pillars sizes relative to load bearing. I am considering parapet to eliminate fascia board rot and aluminium defect that could occur over few years.

Again, I once mentioned insulated/sandwich aluminium roofing sheet here, has it made in road into Nigeria already? (see photo), I think this an ideal roofing sheet for Nigeria sun and it light in weight too, we used this for one of our warehouse recently, I notice inside is warmer in the winter and cooler in summer.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
omanzo02:

Good that you mentioned "but" and "professional", I have read some of your analysis about concrete and precast parapet and pillars sizes relative to load bearing. I am considering parapet to eliminate fascia board rot and aluminium defect that could occur over few years.

Again, I once mentioned insulated/sandwich aluminium roofing sheet here, has it made in road into Nigeria already? (see photo), I think this an ideal roofing sheet for Nigeria sun and it light in weight too, we used this for one of our warehouse recently, I notice inside is warmer in the winter and cooler in summer.

This looks good, I will ask some importers about this.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by willsonzzy: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Boss please are using PVC pipe for hot water?? because that's what I'm seeing in this picture
spyder880:
Internal plumbing piping provisions ongoing inside each flat in this house........
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
willsonzzy:
Boss please are using PVC pipe for hot water?? because that's what I'm seeing in this picture

Yes, there are PVC pipes that are specially made for hot water lines. They are produced to be very thick and have lasted a long time in many sites we have used them on.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
Picking metal gates designs for this house as we start making all doors........

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
Plastering works for the outside of this building today......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
The back of this house was plastered today.......

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
More pictures

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by michlins(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
spyder880:
Plastering works for the outside of this building today......
how are you able to finish your jobs in record times? The owners secured bank loans or what exactly. I see people building four bedroom apartment for years and sometimes die without completing them

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by willsonzzy: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for the reply boss
spyder880:

Yes, there are PVC pipes that are specially made for hot water lines. They are produced to be very thick and have lasted a long time in many sites we have used them on.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
michlins:
how are you able to finish your jobs in record times? The owners secured bank loans or what exactly. I see people building four bedroom apartment for years and sometimes die without completing them

Its determination my brother, and the joy that comes from seeing your investment grow. Another thing is that in commercial residential homes, the hope of getting a return on investment will spur you on to completion.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
The back of this house getting more attention.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by mufutau55(m): 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
spyder880:
Picking metal gates designs for this house as we start making all doors........

Good local iron doors.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 6:34am On Jul 23, 2020
mufutau55:

Good local iron doors.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.