Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today (1120 Views)

Breaking: Tinubu Was Scheduled To Speak At France Summit But He Ran Away [photo] / Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Splashme: 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
David Lyon’s sack: Buhari told not to cancel trip to Bayelsa for swearing-in

Shehu Sani, a former lawmaker representing Kaduna Central district at the National Assembly has advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to cancel his earlier scheduled trip to Bayelsa for the swearing-in ceremony

The President had concluded plans to storm Bayelsa on Friday for the swearing-in of governor-elect, David Lyon of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

But the Supreme Court on Thursday nullified the election of Lyon and his Deputy, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo.

The apex court led by Justice Mary Peter-Odili on Thursday directed the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to the All Progressives Congress’ candidates who were earlier declared winners of the November 16, 2019 governorship election in the state.

The five-man panel ordered INEC to immediately issue fresh certificates to the candidates of the party with the next highest votes.

Justice Ejembi Ekwo gave the ruling after disqualifying the APC’s deputy governorship candidate, Degi-Eremienyo, as a candidate in the election.

In his reaction, Sani tweeted, “The President should not postpone his trip to Bayelsa.

“He should go ahead and attend the swearing in of the new Governor-elect. A good time to prove he is for everybody…”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/14/david-lyons-sack-buhari-told-not-to-cancel-trip-to-bayelsa-for-swearing-in/?fbclid=IwAR0nPhdLL8TYt835zLHgOGVM7g9HV1nPJZIjUGgDoK1HjBnubNwk6egP4W0

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
I trust Buhari, he must still attend.
This matter go pain APC die..
One of the oil producing states they suffered to capture

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by TheTrueSeeker2: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
Has President Buhari congratulated Sen. Duoye Diri?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Citytrend: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
He can still go to his house.

You knew too well that someone was not Qualified be back a governor by Law and you went ahead to support him. Inspite your Socalled war against corruption
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by festacman(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
Mischief.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Racoon(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2020
grin This one is a serious taunting by Shehu Sanni.Perhaps he is joking with a Buhari that must be in pain over the sudden electoral misfortune that has befell the APC in their highly coverted Bayelsa State.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Hotworta1: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2020
He fit still go console am. That lion needs consolation now,that man fit drink sniper. I pity him wife too..i trust women. She go don buy hollandaise and canopy wey she go take cover road.
As i dey drive i don hear some school children dey chant 'words and opposite..
IMO----Bayelsa'

Laff tear me belle. Shit happens

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Splashme: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:
I trust Buhari, he must still attend.

This matter go pain APC die..

One of the oil producing states they suffered to capture

What about attending the PDP's governor's swearing in?
Is he supposed to be such partisan as president?

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by NaijaDonCast(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2020
I think is a good thing he stays away from the swearing-IN so that lives and properties will be safe in Borno, due to reckless and senseless act of going to places to boast of his achievements, of turning Boko Haram to ants
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
He should go ahead and attend the swearing In anyway after all he said i belong to nobody and belong to everybody, make him attend to Shekau also sha

You're right

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by helinues: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
He could still attend Diri's inauguration abi Bayelsa no longer part of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Cyberterror: 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Has President Buhari congratulated Sen. Duoye Diri?
Has Jonathan congratulated Douye Diri?
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Cyberterror: 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
Racoon:
grin This one is a serious taunting by Shehu Sanni.Perhaps he is joking with a Buhari that must be in pain over the sudden electoral misfortune that has befell the APC in their highly coverted Bayelsa State.
Shehu Sani has been looking for a way to get at Buhari since the President abandoned him for El Rufai to humiliate grin
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Righteousness89(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
The GOD of Senator Diri duoye is a Good GOD...
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by Anwons(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
Bubu must attend o, swearing in is swearing in
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by TheTrueSeeker2: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
Has Jonathan congratulated Douye Diri?

Is Jonathan the President?

Did Jonathan congratulate Hope Uzodinma of Imo State?

If and when Jonathan was president he would have done that by now, I'm sure you also know that
Re: Buhari Was Scheduled To Attend David Lyon's Swearing-in Today by princeade86(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
He can attend PSG next week, or wait till Sunday when Lyon have match

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Men Allegedly Deflate Tyre Of A Car Taking Preg Woman In Labor To Hospital / Dele Momodu Calls For Osinbajo To Lead Covid-19 Offensive / Some Important History That Is Not Known By Every Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.