Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (298758 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by lisasmirh: 10:11am On Jan 24
Thanks all for the great inuts. I am in plans to visit and work there in vietnam and so looking for suggestions. I have already booked all tickets and related documents are ready too. Just searchhhing for some inputs. Thanks to nairaland for the data and https://claimaz.com/for the special discount on bookings.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 10:42am On Jan 24
Uncle96:

Do one pay to get job, or with a good qualification and very good english, one could get a job while currently in Vietnam?
No, no……..you don’t have to pay at all.
Anyone telling you to pay before giving you a job is likely a scam.
With the necessary qualifications and good speaking ability, you will get a job without knowing anyone.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 10:43am On Jan 24
lisasmirh:
Thanks all for the great inuts. I am in plans to visit and work there in vietnam and so looking for suggestions. I have already booked all tickets and related documents are ready too. Just searchhhing for some inputs. Thanks to nairaland for the data and https://claimaz.com/for the special discount on bookings.
Hope you’re not with E-visa?
If you’re with E-visa, kindly abort mission.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Uncle96(m): 10:47am On Jan 24
Emarvel:

With the necessary qualifications and good speaking ability, you will get a job without knowing anyone.

I wish everyone was as open as you are. Youre valid sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by justwise(m): 10:54am On Jan 24
Uncle96:

I wish everyone was as open as you are. Youre valid sir.

22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 11:09am On Jan 24
The desperation of getting jobs has made some person's accept as low as $8 as salaries per hour. And sometimes when those in Vietnam try to discourage others from coming,they feel is coming from a place of hatred...No...it isn't, Moroccans, Algerians, Egyptians are bin paid higher cos of the skin color factor. You would reject a job cos of the low salary but a fellow black skinned will accept it wholeheartedly cos he needs to survive and obviously there are no jobs. Companies are gradually reducing their pay,if u complain they'll ask you to quit if u aren't okay with it cos there are people readily available to do it.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 11:19am On Jan 24
EbonyCy:
The desperation of getting jobs has made some person's accept as low as $8 as salaries per hour. And sometimes when those in Vietnam try to discourage others from coming,they feel is coming from a place of hatred...No...it isn't, Moroccans, Algerians, Egyptians are bin paid higher cos of the skin color factor. You would reject a job cos of the low salary but a fellow black skinned will accept it wholeheartedly cos he needs to survive and obviously there are no jobs. Companies are gradually reducing their pay,if u complain they'll ask you to quit if u aren't okay with it cos there are people readily available to do it.

A lot of discouraging words on this thread. Someone told me about this Vietnam and how studying there is affordable and visa is easy to get. Only to come on nairaland to see people advising against it. I want to sponsor my immediate elder bro with 5k pounds to relocate to Vietnam via studies, but the comments here are all crying abort mission.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by MrEverest(m): 11:28am On Jan 24
Emarvel:

From $700 actually.

Okay, thanks.
Are you in HCMC?

I would likely be there soon, maybe we can see.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 1:18pm On Jan 24
Ufemia26:

A lot of discouraging words on this thread. Someone told me about this Vietnam and how studying there is affordable and visa is easy to get. Only to come on nairaland to see people advising against it. I want to sponsor my immediate elder bro with 5k pounds to relocate to Vietnam via studies, but the comments here are all crying abort mission.
Vietnam WAS good but not at the moment. The influx of people due to the relaxation of their tourist visa requirements has made the country an ALL comer affairs. So the TEACHING jobs for foreigners is scarce. As a student, it's even more difficult to survive if hoping to get job and sustain himself.
My advice is to use the money and look for other EU countries that are less expensive, if possible increase the amount
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 1:42pm On Jan 24
u3fine:

Vietnam WAS good but not at the moment. The influx of people due to the relaxation of their tourist visa requirements has made the country an ALL comer affairs. So the TEACHING jobs for foreigners is scarce. As a student, it's even more difficult to survive if hoping to get job and sustain himself.
My advice is to use the money and look for other EU countries that are less expensive, if possible increase the amount

Which other Eu countries kwanu? with easy visa process?
All these are tiring. Any country one wishes to relocate has something negative people will say about it.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24
Ufemia26:

All these are tiring. Any country one wishes to relocate has something negative people will say about it.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Gerrard59(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24
EbonyCy:

I am surprised to read those Arabs are in Vietnam. Which kind dem dey do for there? Are they with their families as well?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24
MrEverest:

Okay, thanks.
Are you in HCMC?

I would likely be there soon, maybe we can see.
No problem.
Yeah, I’m currently in HCMC

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24
Ufemia26:

Any country on earth people have negative opinions about the country, even the almighty UK and Canada, people still complain.
If you try less expensive EU country people will also say you shouldn’t have left home at all.
So just do your thing, always remember that you can travel from one country to another.
If you scroll, you will read where someone mentioned that the OP of this thread has already left Vietnam to another country., most times if you remain in 9ja, your dream of traveling might be cut short.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24
Ufemia26:

Before you sponsor him to come here via study, just ask yourself one question, why Vietnam?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Rexie96: 4:08pm On Jan 24
Emarvel:

Before you sponsor to come here via study, just ask yourself one question, why Vietnam?

Emarvel, I couldnt help but notice how helpful youve been and honest about things , thanks for your time with everyone wanting to know things . However I am so curious to know this.

Why is everyone rushing to teach English in Vietnam?

What about Cambodia, Taiwan, indonesia. ?
Do I have any chances to travel to any of those countries from Vietnam? And get teaching job in person as a Nigerian. I have all the qualifications and my English is straight from The U.k since I lived there many yeara of my life.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 4:12pm On Jan 24
Emarvel:

Before you sponsor to come here via study, just ask yourself one question, why Vietnam?
That is what 5k pounds can afford with sure visa atleast. My brother can move to other western countries easily from there in 2 yrs time.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Rexie96: 4:12pm On Jan 24
Emarvel:

Someone asked me to pay $3000. For the teaching job with permit. Wow , thats why im considering other less competitive countries in Asia
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Rexie96: 5:14pm On Jan 24
lisasmirh:

Going on work or study visa? And do you have Tefl and C2 certs ready?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 2:57am On Jan 25
Rexie96:

Emarvel, I couldnt help but notice how helpful youve been and honest about things , thanks for your time with everyone wanting to know things . However I am so curious to know this.

Why is everyone rushing to teach English in Vietnam?

What about Cambodia, Taiwan, indonesia. ?
Do I have any chances to travel to any of those countries from Vietnam? And get teaching job in person as a Nigerian. I have all the qualifications and my English is straight from The U.k since I lived there many yeara of my life.
Cambodia has been hostile towards Nigerians of recent.
To enter Cambodia from Vietnam via land border is like a war., some Agents will even tell you that it’s not possible.
You can travel from Vietnam to anywhere, but i think to use embassy for visa processing, you must be in possession of a Valid VietnamTRC.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 2:59am On Jan 25
Ufemia26:

That is what 5k pounds can afford with sure visa atleast. My brother can move to other western countries easily from there in 2 yrs time.
Well, it depends on what is most more important to you., whether the study or the traveling abroad.
If you have 5k pounds to spare and you want Asia then try china or other top Asia countries.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Emarvel(m): 3:00am On Jan 25
Rexie96:

Someone asked me to pay $3000. For the teaching job with permit. Wow , thats why im considering other less competitive countries in Asia
If you trust the person then you can pay, but if it’s a random agent you met online, don’t pay.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 2:07pm On Jan 25
Emarvel:

Well, it depends on what is most more important to you., whether the study or the traveling abroad.
If you have 5k pounds to spare and you want Asia then try china or other top Asia countries.

I don't know about China and how easy it is to get their visa. In addition, their tuition fee is high

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 5:18pm On Jan 26
Whether good or bad, on Tuesday by the Grace of God I am enroute to Hanoi City…!

Whatever the streets brings I face it…!

All my docs is ready and legalized🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

We Moveeee…✊🏽

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 7:15pm On Jan 26
Andychinedu:
Whether good or bad, on Tuesday by the Grace of God I am enroute to Hanoi City…!

We Moveeee…✊🏽
Make the move bro, God will be with you.
I went!
I saw!!
I conquered!!!
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26
Emarvel:

I moved from Vietnam to China with a student visa, the process was not rigorous.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26
IELTS is hot cake in Vietnam.
There are special classes for IELTS students and IELTS teachers earns higher and highly sought for.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 7:43pm On Jan 26
uchman:
IELTS is hot cake in Vietnam.
There are special classes for IELTS students and IELTS teachers earns higher and highly sought for.
How does one become an IELTS teacher?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 7:44pm On Jan 26
uchman:

I moved from Vietnam to China with a student visa, the process was not rigorous.
In Nigeria I believe it might be.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Sss2: 8:51pm On Jan 26
Andychinedu:

We Moveeee…✊🏽

Can I ask about how much is flight ticket?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Andychinedu: 9:38pm On Jan 26
Sss2:

Can I ask about how much is flight ticket?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.