Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources (21728 Views)

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Blindersoff: 7:55am On Feb 17, 2020
proclinician:

Haha mass shooting and Taliban I don't understand. Placing organised terror attacks like Taliban or alqaeda shootings and bombings in apposition with high school shootings in the U.S is like comparing boko haram activities with or Vikings or something. That's not the point.

Every nation negotiates with terrorists that's what you think because u see U.S send diplomatic envoy to afghan to negotiate with Taliban and all Qaeda and so Nigeria should negotiate with boko haram.

I ask again what would have happened if boko haram or all Qaeda operates from California or Miami and kidnaps u.s school children and turn them to Muslims and bomb everywhere and come out on TV to warn Trump to never come to Miami or California again? Would the united States still negotiate with an upscale terror group operating on a u.s soil?

Yes activities with over 15,000 deaths in one year, MUCH HIGHER THAN DEATHS THROUGH TERROR ATTACKS.

Yes they are not relevant to the 15,000 they killed.

Every nation negotiates with terrorists. This is fact.

Movies are your bane because you hear it being said there that America does not negotiate with terrorists.

Even this meeting with Al Qaeda was meant to be done in secret until it was leaked.

What has happened to all the mass shooters operating and still operating from within USA killing US citizens?

This is a glimpse of what would happen if a pure terrorist group begins doing same in USA.

They cannot handle or stop mass shootings in their own soil and you believe they would be able to handle a terror group with the same Modus Operandi?

Boy you are a movie child and I know your type.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 7:56am On Feb 17, 2020
ABCthings:
Who is talking about resue operations? It better to kill two people along with a hundred terrorists instead of negiociating while they go about maiming more people.

It doesn't go that way...

Hijacked Aircrafts will always be bombed if they go by your way.

Countries value the life's of their citizens.

The the Nigerian Military go on a head-on attack and the lady is shot dead in the operation, imagine what the opposition will say. It will be a different story entirely.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Blindersoff: 7:57am On Feb 17, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Why did u mention usa? You seem a bit insecure.

Is it a lie that they are negotiating with Al Qaeda?
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Blindersoff: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2020
ABCthings:
Who is talking about resue operations? It better to kill two people along with a hundred terrorists instead of negiociating while they go about maiming more people.

You watch too many movies
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by proclinician: 8:02am On Feb 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Yes activities with over 15,000 deaths in one year, MUCH HIGHER THAN DEATHS THROUGH TERROR ATTACKS.

Yes they are not relevant to the 15,000 they killed.

Every nation negotiates with terrorists. This is fact.

Movies are your bane because you hear it being said there that America does not negotiate with terrorists.

Even this meeting with Al Qaeda was meant to be done in secret until it was leaked.

What has happened to all the mass shooters operating and still operating from within USA killing US citizens?

This is a glimpse of what would happen if a pure terrorist group begins doing same in USA.

They cannot handle or stop mass shootings in their own soil and you believe they would be able to handle a terror group with the same Modus Operandi?

Boy you are a movie child and I know your type.

I've never said u.s do not negotiate I know they do. It's cheaper go negotiate than use tac payers money to carry out operations everyone knows that.

High school and other mass shooting is terrible I feel sad for them. A little kid going to school has a gun in his backpack because well his 2nd amendment gives him the right to bear firearms. He steps into his classroom and spontaneously starts shooting. This is not a terror attack because no larger and more coordinated group comes out to claim the responsibility. Nigeria should on no account negotiate with boko but totally wipe them off the planet and if Nigeria can tell themselves the truth, the day the armed forces of the federal republic of idiots wakes up to say enough of boko haram it will not take more than 72 hra before sambisa is turned into a mega city but I tell you they know what they are doing. They are using that group.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by OlujobaSamuel: 8:04am On Feb 17, 2020
proclinician:

I understand your point really. Terrorism can't be stopped quite alright. I am interested in the response of a sovereign nation after a terror attack.

Reprisal attack or negotiation.
Circumstances matters. You don't carry reprisals when hostage situation is present, you do when there is a hit.
You make a statement hit and revert to your regular operations.
You negotiate when there is an hostage. There are hundreds of hostages with Boko haram, wẹ wẹ only get frenzy with few because of peculiarities of the hostage.
During chibok saga, another boys sch in Yola or so was also a victim around same time, but news just reported it as a normal event but chibok gained momentum and the terrorist sees it as an opportunity.
No president will order a reprisal on a group having multiple holding cells with hostages scattered around such cells
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2020
Never negotiate with terrorist.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Blindersoff: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2020
proclinician:

I've never said u.s do not negotiate I know they do. It's cheaper go negotiate than use tac payers money to carry out operations everyone knows that.

High school and other mass shooting is terrible I feel sad for them. A little kid going to school has a gun in his backpack because well his 2nd amendment gives him the right to bear firearms. He steps into his classroom and spontaneously starts shooting. This is not a terror attack because no larger and more coordinated group comes out to claim the responsibility. Nigeria should on no account negotiate with boko but totally wipe them off the planet and if Nigeria can tell themselves the truth, the day the armed forces of the federal republic of idiots wakes up to say enough of boko haram it will not take more than 72 hra before sambisa is turned into a mega city but I tell you they know what they are doing. They are using that group.

Do you see why I said you have just been saying nonsensical things?

So until a larger group claims responsibility it then becomes a terror act?

Attached is the definition of Terrorism.

Note the part that mentioned ideological and social objectives and then receive sense.

Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by lugado: 8:15am On Feb 17, 2020
odave:
Hmm, FG negotiating with terrorists as if they wan buy something from market women? There's a country that will never negotiate with terrorists, they'll rather infiltrate them and send special force to rescue the girl and outrightly kill their head

Sometimes I ask myself who is boko haram? Who is fulani herds men (who will kill and claim it and go scot free) and who is federal government? Are they not the same set of people?

Imagine, FG arrest boko haram, later release them, give them money in the name of rehabilitation. Herds men kill the whole village, miyeti allah claim they are responsible, FG made no arrest.

God help us in this fake country. Leah, may divine help reach you wherever you are. Some are happy you're there coz it's in line with their agenda, that's why they don't care if you are rescued or not but God's mercy will locate you, Amen.

Our darling BBQ man, what did our darling president and daddy says jare

NB: for those quoting me, did I mention any country? Why are you all saying USA? Na you Sabi o. May God punish all terrorists sympathizers!
its a big lie. get your facts right. the only country that does not negotiate with terrorist is isreal. and its because they are surrounded by terrorist countries. terrorist don't even bother capturing them because isrealis are ready to die for their country because knowing fully well that they have always been the target in the middle East and they won't want their country paying ransom or exchange agreement every day
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by proclinician: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Do you see why I said you have just been saying nonsensical things?

So until a larger group claims responsibility it then becomes a terror act?

Attached is the definition of Terrorism.

Note the part that mentioned ideological and social objectives and then receive sense.

On the first 3 bullet points how is a highschool shooting connected to terrorism. Teaching is frustrating I can never be a teacher. Block heads everywhere. I told u that an isolated attack like a high school mass shooting is not a terror attack because no larger group comes up to claim responsibility then u pull out a Wikipedia page that says the same thing I said and ending up shooting urself in the foot.

What are the ideological and social objectives of a high school shooter? Do u know what these terms mean? Did you go to school? Do you think?

Pls bye you win.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Blindersoff: 8:21am On Feb 17, 2020
proclinician:

On the first 3 bullet points how is a highschool shooting connected to terrorism. Teaching is frustrating I can never be a teacher. Block heads everywhere. I told u that an isolated attack like a high school mass shooting is not a terror attack because no larger group comes up to claim responsibility then u pull out a Wikipedia page that says the same thing I said and ending up shooting urself in the foot.

Pls bye you win.

I guess SOCIAL is for doctor's alone.

Get some sense

Isolated attacks that happened 417 times in 2019?

You must have a strange definition for ISOLATED
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Pheelz2020(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2020
SHIT HOLE COUNTRY, SO SAID TRUMP.

THERE ARE HIGHER POWERS BEHIND THESE WHOLE FRACAS,SCUFFLE,RUBBISH,DRAMA ETC.
THEY'VE NOT KILLED HER BECAUSE SHE THEIR(FG) BAIT.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:29am On Feb 17, 2020
firo08:
Werey govt.

Boko Haram terrorist group rejected the ransom offered by the Federal Government

SAI BABA
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by emerged01(m): 8:37am On Feb 17, 2020
Giving terrorist money,it is as if you are indirectly sponsoring. I don’t think govt is trying to get rid of this people.
They made purchase of bike, hilux and other things which can be traced from the company to the buyer.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by Tonnyray: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2020
odave:
Hmm, FG negotiating with terrorists as if they wan buy something from market women? There's a country that will never negotiate with terrorists they'll rather infiltrate them and send special force to rescue the girl and outrightly kill their head
Let them keep brainwashing you there. There is NO country that doesn't negotiate with terrorists.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by prettyliz(f): 9:12am On Feb 17, 2020
dre11:
…FG must renegotiate - Security expert

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/leah-sharibu-b-haram-rejected-ransom-govt-sources.html
These government don't have any shame... See where our tax is going to...they for kukuma sign Nigeria to them na.. Nonsense
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by IranianSea: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2020
dre11:
…FG must renegotiate - Security expert

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/leah-sharibu-b-haram-rejected-ransom-govt-sources.html
Instead of government to use the money in procuring latest fireamrs and take away the outdated ones our military. They are here negotiating with them. Obviously, boko haram of a things is a gimmick way of the North to milk the south resources dry. Bullshit!
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by fabsonkenechukw: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2020
Why won't they reject Ransom when they already made her a wife and a mother
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by maasoap(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2020
odave:
Hmm, FG negotiating with terrorists as if they wan buy something from market women? There's a country that will never negotiate with terrorists, they'll rather infiltrate them and send special force to rescue the girl and outrightly kill their head

Sometimes I ask myself who is boko haram? Who is fulani herds men (who will kill and claim it and go scot free) and who is federal government? Are they not the same set of people?

Imagine, FG arrest boko haram, later release them, give them money in the name of rehabilitation. Herds men kill the whole village, miyeti allah claim they are responsible, FG made no arrest.

God help us in this fake country. Leah, may divine help reach you wherever you are. Some are happy you're there coz it's in line with their agenda, that's why they don't care if you are rescued or not but God's mercy will locate you, Amen.

Our darling BBQ man, what did our darling president and daddy says jare

NB: for those quoting me, did I mention any country? Why are you all saying USA? Na you Sabi o. May God punish all terrorists sympathizers!

How sure are you about your comment? How informed are you at all? Because USA negotiated with Talibans to get a captured USA soldier released. USA released four top Talibans in exchange for a soldier. This was few years ago, you can search the internet.
BTW: which country are you referring to?
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by maasoap(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2020
crownwealth:
Major General Buhari failed woefully in all aspect of governance.

He promised adequate security

He promised to end Boko Haram in 3 months

He promised to lead the war from the front

He promised change in governance and accountability

He promised fairness and equity

But alas, he failed woefully in all.

Major General Buhari will go down in the history of Nigeria as the worst-ever, super-clueless, inept and daft ruler.

His regime will not be forgotten in a hurry.

For all those who brought the expired cow milk back to power. You will all not know peace until you return to your maker

For the brainwashed thugs who have repented, you are forgiven but will not escape earthly punishment.

And people like you would be shouting "civilised countries" when you yourself are a typical example of uncivilised Nigerians! Even if you don't have respect for your who you are which is nothing, at least, you should have respect for democracy. You should learn how to respect other people's rights and democratic choice. You've got a long way to go be a human with common sense and someone who respects institutions and rights of others
Re: Leah Sharibu: Boko Haram Rejected Ransom — Government Sources by maasoap(m): 9:50am On Feb 17, 2020
TeleboiZ005:
bt back then in 2013 buhari and apc were against jonathan negotiating with bh.
Ok Lets belief that countries sometimes do negotiate.
Check his second paragraph, what's ur op?

Get your fact right. Jonathan almost negotiated successfully with Boko Haram for the release of Chibok girls until his service chiefs at the time advised him to stop the negotiation. They claimed that negotiation would make the Nigeria military look weak and helpless. So, Jonathan accepted their advice and it later turned out to be a mistake.
Opposition party might kick against the government's decision but that doesn't stop the government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Will Lose In 2019 - Yakassai / South East Senate Caucus To Boycott Buhari’s Town Hall Parley / 11 Aspirants Jostle For Deputy Senate President, Deputy Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.