Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port (11337 Views)

How To Calculate Total Cost Of Clearing Vehicles - The E-valuation Way / Just Cleared From Tincan Island Is Tokunbo 2016 RX350 For 13.5M, Awoof / Clearing Your Goods At The Nigerian Port Made Easier...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
How to calculate Total Cost of Clearing vehicles at the Tincan Island Port via RORO

Example of how to calculate the Import Duty of your vehicle, let’s say Toyota Corolla 2004.

SOLUTION:

The CIF Value of a used Toyota Corolla 2004 is usually around $1,886 (Kindly take the amount you purchased your vehicle as your CIF Value for that vehicle) Also note that CIF Value is usually in US Dollar, so if the cost of your vehicle at the country you are buying from is not in
USD, please convert it to USD at https://www.xe.com/

The exchange rate the Nigerian Custom Service (NCS) uses at the moment is N405. The Rate of Duty for Vehicles is currently 35% of CIF Value. So let’s convert the CIF Value to Naira, $1886 X 405 = N763,830

Let’s get the 35% of N763,830. Which is N763,830 X 0.35 = N267,340.5

Now N267,340.5 is your Import duty which is called the surface value. This surface value is negotiable, you can negotiate this with the custom officers to reach a minimal acceptable value and the lower you bid the price, the higher settlement you pay to the NCS Officer, but the NCS Officer will not accept it when you bid below the least acceptable value, so basically at this point you can decide what you want to pay but it must not go below the minimal acceptable value, once an agreement is reached, the NCS Officer will proceed to issue you valuation.

After the surface value is sorted out, an agreement is reached and valuation issued, the next is to add VAT and others to the value given, now to get the total amount u are to pay to NCS account including VAT, Surcharge & ETLS, we have to multiply our surface value with a constant value of 1.38. That will give us N267,340.5 X 1.38 = N368,929.89 This is your total import duty.

Other Charges Includes: These are estimated values based on experiences from previous jobs.

Shipping company Fee, Terminal Charges, Release & Gate + all other miscellaneous payments made to custom officers, depending on the type of human being / officer your work is assigned to.

 Budget around N100,000 to N150,000 for vehicles between 2008 and older
 Budget abround N151,000+ to N250,000 for vehicles between 2009 and 2012
 Budget around N251,000+ to N400,000 for vehicles between 2013 and newer

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE DEMURRAGE SHOULD THE VEHICLE INCUR DEMURRAGE CHARGES.

Clearing Agent Fee is dependent on the shipping line and it’s opened to negotiations if the vehicles to clear are more than one. Grimaldi Line - N80,000 Sallaum Line - N100,000

Visit our office at Tincan Island with photocopy of your Bill of Lading / Telex Release let’s start the process and clear your vehicle today. Call / WhatsApp me on 0 8 0 2 4 1 0 2 5 5 4. We'll strongly recommend u visit our office in person or send someone to come and see exactly how everything is being done here, once the car has been cleared and released from terminal, we hand it over to you.

THIS DOCUMENT WAS LAST UPDATED ON THIS 14TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2021

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Oowel(m): 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is really informative. Thanks Bro...
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by uchman(m): 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hello as 2004 Corolla's CIF is $2194, does it mean every 2004 car will have CIF of $2194?
How can one know the CIF of each car?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
@Uchman, most likely yes, cars within that model will be charges same value. However there is something called compromised value which can be used to reduce that value for u, more discussions on the compromised value will be discussed physically when u visit our office at Tincan cos its not everyone that wants it that way.

You can't know the CIF value for all vehicles cos the tariff sheet is with customs, just ask me for any vehicle, I'll check if we have cleared similar vehicle then I'll give u the value on the invoice we have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by ndcide(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mehn!!!!

These money big oooh
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by boladale123: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
Please how much can you clear 2005 Camry and solara 2006?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
boladale123:
Please how much can you clear 2005 Camry and solara 2006?

Same value as the 2004 Corolla I posted above. If u want it compromised, Chat me on WhatsApp let's talk. Compromised value brings the fee down but u'll rarely see an agent that will tell u this.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by calculation(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
kaysy:
In this thread we will be treating the total cost of clearing cars at the Tincan Island Port via RORO or Containerized.

Example of how to calculate the Import Duty of your car, lets say Toyota Corolla 2004.

SOLUTION
The CIF Value of Toyota Corolla 2004 is $2194. Please note that this CIF Value is usually in USD and the exchange rate the NCS uses at the moment is N326. The Rate of Duty for Vehicles is currently 35% of CIF Value.

So lets convert the CIF Value to Naira, $2194 X 326 = N715,244
Lets get the 35% of N715,244. Which is N715,244 X 0.35 = N250,335.4
Now N250,335.4 is your Import duty which is called the surface value.
To get the total amount u are to pay including VAT, Surcharge & ETLS, we have to multiply our surface value with a constant value of 1.38
So N250,335.4 X 1.38 = N345,463. This is your total import duty

Clearing Agent Fee is below N100,000 and its opened for negotiations.

Shipping company / Terminal Fee, budget between N60,000 to N80,000 (Estimate)

To know the clearing cost of other vehicles, just ask me for the CIF value of the car and i'll respond with it then u can do the calculation yourself or i can do the calculation and give u the final vlaue in Naira if u want me to.

Visit our office at Tincan Island with your Bill of Lading lets start the process and clear your car today. Call: 0 8 0 2 4 1 0 2 5 5 4.

We'll strongly recommend u visit our office in person or send someone to come and see exactly how everything is being done from office to office, once the car has been cleared and released from terminal, we hand it over to u.

If this is true, then you do well. In this time 419 agent and checker are active in Nigerian blood.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
calculation:

If this is true, then you do well in this time 419 agent and checker are active in Nigerian blood.

I understand, that's why I strongly recommend that the client follows up with us as we move step by step the whole process from office to office.

We are always available at TinCan Island.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by calculation(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
kaysy:

I understand, that's why I strongly recommend that the client follows up with us as we move step by step the whole process from office to office.

We are always available at TinCan Island.
Noted
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by cmoney22222: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
Cif for Honda 2013 sir
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Dkyz(m): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
kaysy:

Same value as the 2004 Corolla I posted above. If u want it compromised, Chat me on WhatsApp let's talk. Compromised value brings the fee down but u'll rarely see an agent that will tell u this.

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
cmoney22222:
Cif for Honda 2013 sir

See this invoice for another car of 2013. The value there is $4,383.

Please note that this may be a compromised value.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by BBFred: 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
@kaysy thank you for this info.
Pls what's the CIF for 2011 Toyota Highlander? Also what amount is going to be credited into custom account for this 2011 Toyota Highlander?

Will be waiting for your response pls. Thank you.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by damoche64: 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
With your analysis & calculation, how much is the total cost to clear corrola 04 with all fees inclusive?

kaysy:
In this thread we will be treating the total cost of clearing cars at the Tincan Island Port via RORO or Containerized.

Example of how to calculate the Import Duty of your car, lets say Toyota Corolla 2004.

SOLUTION
The CIF Value of Toyota Corolla 2004 is $2194. Please note that this CIF Value is usually in USD and the exchange rate the NCS uses at the moment is N326. The Rate of Duty for Vehicles is currently 35% of CIF Value.

So lets convert the CIF Value to Naira, $2194 X 326 = N715,244
Lets get the 35% of N715,244. Which is N715,244 X 0.35 = N250,335.4
Now N250,335.4 is your Import duty which is called the surface value.
To get the total amount u are to pay including VAT, Surcharge & ETLS, we have to multiply our surface value with a constant value of 1.38
So N250,335.4 X 1.38 = N345,463. This is your total import duty

Clearing Agent Fee is below N100,000 and its opened for negotiations.

Shipping company / Terminal Fee, budget between N60,000 to N80,000 (Estimate)

To know the clearing cost of other vehicles, just ask me for the CIF value of the car and i'll respond with it then u can do the calculation yourself or i can do the calculation and give u the final vlaue in Naira if u want me to.

Visit our office at Tincan Island with your Bill of Lading lets start the process and clear your car today. Call: 0 8 0 2 4 1 0 2 5 5 4.

We'll strongly recommend u visit our office in person or send someone to come and see exactly how everything is being done from office to office, once the car has been cleared and released from terminal, we hand it over to u.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by cmoney22222: 12:13am On Feb 18, 2020
Okay sir, so what the be the total cost to get it out of port every every included sir

kaysy:

See this invoice for another car of 2013. The value there is $4,383.

Please note that this may be a compromised value.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by meetvic: 3:53am On Feb 18, 2020
@OP thanks for the enlightenment. Please what is the CIF Value for a 2008 and 2009 Honda CRV
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Igbudu1: 5:29am On Feb 18, 2020
I would keep saying this ..

This is the main area of corruption in the process.

How come it's impossible to digitize all these rates so consignees can pay them online then go to the ports to pick up their vehicles ?

It's possible!

all brand of vehicles with their CIF or whatever is keyed into the system ..

Make it as open as possible , uuuusssssaaaaaiiii...

It's a terrible system if u ask me !

4 Likes

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 6:39am On Feb 18, 2020
BBFred:
@kaysy thank you for this info.
Pls what's the CIF for 2011 Toyota Highlander? Also what amount is going to be credited into custom account for this 2011 Toyota Highlander?

Will be waiting for your response pls. Thank you.

From the invoice available at my disposal for a similar vehicle, I saw $3,507 for a 2011 model of car.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2020
damoche64:
With your analysis & calculation, how much is the total cost to clear corrola 04 with all fees inclusive?

You can use the example I already provided
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 6:43am On Feb 18, 2020
cmoney22222:
Okay sir, so what the be the total cost to get it out of port every every included sir

If u have not done the calculation with the value I gave u, I'll do it for u when I get to the office, please be patient while I send it.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 6:51am On Feb 18, 2020
Igbudu1:
I would keep saying this ..

This is the main area of corruption in the process.

How come it's impossible to digitize all these rates so consignees can pay them online then go to the ports to pick up their vehicles ?

It's possible!

all brand of vehicles with their CIF or whatever is keyed into the system ..

Make it as open as possible , uuuusssssaaaaaiiii...

It's a terrible system if u ask me !

Sir u are right, The NCS at the moment cannot digitalise this thing for reason best know to them, that's why most of their officers takes advantage of compromising the value during invoice issue, and its a common practise at the port. But once ur assessment notice is generated, u can go to bank to pay the import duty yourself, that's the main payment to be made, u can even pay online via internet banking.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 6:54am On Feb 18, 2020
meetvic:
@OP thanks for the enlightenment. Please what is the CIF Value for a 2008 and 2009 Honda CRV

You can assume the value I posted above for the 2008, but the 2009 I'll have to get to the office and look for an invoice of a cleared 2009 car model then I'll respond with that.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 18, 2020
Please what is the CIF value of 2003 Toyota 4runner?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by BBFred: 7:06am On Feb 18, 2020
kaysy:

From the invoice available at my disposal for a similar vehicle, I saw $3,507 for a 2011 model of car.

@kay, pls still confirm the exact value of CIF for 2011 Toyota Highlander when you get to your office this morning. Is like you are not sure of what you said here.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2020
BBFred:

@kay, pls still confirm the exact value of CIF for 2011 Toyota Highlander when you get to your office this morning. Is like you are not sure of what you said here.

Yes sir, am sure of the value given but most likely, cars with same model even though from different brands are usually valued at same rate or very similar rates, however I will still look for an invoice of ur brand and model but I can assure u can work with what I gave u + or - $200.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by teeboi77: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2020
please how much can one clear a TOYOTA CAMRY 2009 model now (Grimaldi)

1 Like

Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by project8(m): 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Helo brother, pls from the above explanation ,what would be the total clearing amount for a 2004 Honda civic though not sure of the exact or current market price of d car ?
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by Openbusiness: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
Good evening OP. What’s the estimate clearing cost for a 2003 / 05 chevrolet express van? Thanks
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 3:49am On Feb 19, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Please what is the CIF value of 2003 Toyota 4runner?

Budget $1,904 or there about
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 3:52am On Feb 19, 2020
teeboi77:
please how much can one clear a TOYOTA CAMRY 2009 model now (Grimaldi)

At most the CIF value won't be more than the value in my first post, + or - $200 ceteris paribus.
Re: Let's Calculate The Total Cost Of Clearing Your Car From Tincan Island Port by kaysy(m): 3:52am On Feb 19, 2020
project8:
Helo brother, pls from the above explanation ,what would be the total clearing amount for a 2004 Honda civic though not sure of the exact or current market price of d car ?

Any vehicle from 2008 and older cannot be more than what I posted in the example post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brand New 2010 Mercedes E350 Amg Package Panoramic Roof Nav / CAT ESCAVATOR 219 22.5M LAST!!! / Toyota Vehicles Pre-order Without Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.